PDA

View Full Version : Know a good mechanic?

Ricardo Romo
01-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I need to put a water pump on a 1989 Nissan Stanza anyone here know someone who can do it?
thanks.

AlamoSpursFan
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I need to put a water pump on a 1989 Nissan Stanza anyone here know someone who can do it?
thanks.

If it's anything like putting a water pump on a 88 Toyota Camry, have fun taking half the engine apart to get to it.

:lol

=RTM=
01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
If it's anything like putting a water pump on a 88 Toyota Camry, have fun taking half the engine apart to get to it.

:lol

What were the Japs thinking? :lmao

JB your thoughts? :wakeup

If you have the tools, I will do it for 25 Dollars.

Ricardo Romo
01-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Mr. AlamoSpursFan thanks for that info. Mr. RTM I could not pay less than 100.00 I would be worried what kind of job you might do. Have you put many water Pumps on before?

=RTM=
01-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Have you put many water Pumps on before?

I worked as diesel mechanic helper for river city diesel from 1982 -1988 replacing injectors and taking apart rear ends replacing spider gears etc. plus every car I ever owned needed a water pump at one time or another.
69 Camero 72 duster-77 Toyota etc....

I can charge you more but I don't need the money I was going to use the 25 dollars to buy a bag of weed so I don't feel bad getting high with money I could use to pay child support.

Ricardo Romo
01-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Mr. RTM are you the person that does comedy at river center? I am not sure how I would feel having you fix my car . Nothing personal But I have a vision of me on the side of the road with an over heated motor while your on some stage laughing. It's not something I want to have happen. But thanks for the offer. :toast

=RTM=
01-29-2007, 11:07 PM
That's ok brah If i was you i would be nervous also. As for me laughing later your to late, I am already laughing at the fact you still own a car from the 80s :lmao

dirk4mvp.
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I will PM you a Number of a man who will fix it but you better be ready to bend over, he charges big time.

Ricardo Romo
01-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I found a cheap and good mechanic that is going to fix my car if anyone needs his number PM me.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm with Mouse...I find it a little hard to believe that the president of UTSA drives a 1989 Nissan.

:lmao

Steve Perry
01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I know many of you tree huggers will pull out the PC correct card but I really don't give a shit................

What ever you do don't let a Black man fix your car. This friend of mine who I like as a friend but yes he's Black told me he could fix my AC compressor. after about a week of him jacking under the hood he went to a junk yard and got me a new compressor and he put it on and could not get it to take any freon, Then it was making a squeaky noise. Now it smokes and the car does not get cold,

He came by and sprayed it with WD40 and I told him does it matter what side i put the freon in and he said no. Another mechanic told me you put the freon on the wrong side and it can blow up on you. he also showed me where the car is missing some bolts now. I'm sorry if any of you are black or have a friend who is black, but i will say this one time only, I now know what the word Niger rig really means . :lmao

01-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I know many of you tree huggers will pull out the PC correct card but I really don't give a shit................

What ever you do don't let a Black man fix your car. This friend of mine who I like as a friend but yes he's Black told me he could fix my AC compressor. after about a week of him jacking under the hood he went to a junk yard and got me a new compressor and he put it on and could not get it to take any freon, Then it was making a squeaky noise. Now it smokes and the car does not get cold,

He came by and sprayed it with WD40 and I told him does it matter what side i put the freon in and he said no. Another mechanic told me you put the freon on the wrong side and it can blow up on you. he also showed me where the car is missing some bolts now. I'm sorry if any of you are black or have a friend who is black, but i will say this one time only, I now know what the word Niger rig really means . :lmao

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/rsoh2k4/NIGER-PLEASE.jpg

Steve Perry
01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
^ Your top dawg brah :lmao

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9992/bundy7cy.gif

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Just don't let friends work on your a/c!

A couple of years ago, against my advice, then Mrs. ASF let her friend's uncle (a WHITE guy, Mouse) replace the compressor on our '98 Chevy Silverado. I had 2 different price quotes from 2 reputable shops for $1100. This guy said he'd do the work for $600. No matter how many times I tried to hammer one of my favorite sayings ("You get what you pay for") into her thick skull, she still believed the guy wouldn't screw us over. Not only did he (after dismantling the engine and for some reason the grille, without the use of tools I might add...more on that later) decide that he couldn't do the job for the $600 she paid him UP FRONT (now you know why she married me...she's a DUMBASS) but he needed to get the part from the junk yard and he needed an additional $800 to finish. Apparently they didn't teach her math at Judson, because she thought it was perfectly reasonable. Hmm...$1100 for a new and fully warrantied compressor from an actual garage, or $1400 for a junkyard P.O.S. (which, I might add, barely keeps the truck bearable on a warm day...forget August!). Oh and the grille? Currently held together with duct tape and JB Weld because I refuse to shell out the over $200 for a new one to replace the one Mr. Badwrench couldn't figure out how to remove correctly.