PDA

View Full Version : Police investigate killing of video game store employee

SequSpur
01-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Police today are investigating the homicide of a video game store employee after two store managers discovered her body a little after 2 p.m., an officer said.

Police responded to EB Games in the 7300 block of San Pedro around 2:20 p.m., said San Antonio Police Department Sgt. Edward Wise.

The employee was found dead in the store, but the sergeant would not elaborate on the victim's injuries. Police believe the store also was robbed, though there are no obvious signs of a break-in, according to Wise.

The front door was locked, Wise said. According to the sergeant, the store was supposed to open this morning, but didn't.

Store managers went looking for the employee after no one would answer the store's phone after repeated calls.

The sergeant was unsure how long her body had been inside the store. He also would not say why officials believe the store was robbed.

This happened today right across the street from my workplace. I go to the Starbucks right next door a few times a week and have seen and spoken to this young girl about their games and PS3 just within the last few weeks. Unbelievable.. there is a homeless lady that sits outside the door every morning... they interviewed her on the news...I don't understand why people do this thing... Is it time to carry guns for protection? WTF?

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 12:35 AM
People are assholes. All cause they don't want to fucking work for a living. Ain't nothing worth someone's life.

phyzik
01-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Police today are investigating the homicide of a video game store employee after two store managers discovered her body a little after 2 p.m., an officer said.

Police responded to EB Games in the 7300 block of San Pedro around 2:20 p.m., said San Antonio Police Department Sgt. Edward Wise.

The employee was found dead in the store, but the sergeant would not elaborate on the victim's injuries. Police believe the store also was robbed, though there are no obvious signs of a break-in, according to Wise.

The front door was locked, Wise said. According to the sergeant, the store was supposed to open this morning, but didn't.

Store managers went looking for the employee after no one would answer the store's phone after repeated calls.

The sergeant was unsure how long her body had been inside the store. He also would not say why officials believe the store was robbed.

This happened today right across the street from my workplace. I go to the Starbucks right next door a few times a week and have seen and spoken to this young girl about their games and PS3 just within the last few weeks. Unbelievable.. there is a homeless lady that sits outside the door every morning... they interviewed her on the news...I don't understand why people do this thing... Is it time to carry guns for protection? WTF?

No, just time for companies to start thinking about selling games, and especially systems, online only.... Just look at the past few years when new systems came out... people getting robbed at gun point outside stores for a fucking game system.... sickening.

I try to buy my PC games at www.Direct2drive.com whenever they get something good in but they need a larger library.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 12:38 AM
No, just time for companies to start thinking about selling games, and especially systems, online only.... Just look at the past few years when new systems came out... people getting robbed at gun point outside stores for a fucking game system.... sickening.

Or maybe it's time for companies to staff more than one person at a time.

SequSpur
01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Interesting you bring that up, because I stopped at Starbucks on Friday and noticed they had a big sign of PS3s in stock... They interviewed the people at Starbucks and they didn't hear anything, from the story, she had been in the store lying there for 4 hours.

SequSpur
01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Or maybe it's time for companies to staff more than one person at a time.

Yeah, in the mornings, she was by herself, I saw that during the holidays.

greywheel
01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
That sucks. I hope they know the serial numbers of all those systems that were stolen and that it helps find the ones responsible.

ZStomp
01-30-2007, 01:22 AM
it's not necessary. but feel free to exercise your 2nd amendment rights

I do.

Shelly
01-30-2007, 10:34 AM
How awful!

I hope they catch the person who did this.

gtownspur
01-30-2007, 10:44 AM
who said guns where the culprit?

Rusty Shackleford
01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Absolutely, there should always be more than one employee at a time.

MoSpur
01-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Supposedly there was a bag around her head. My guess is he was suffocated.

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, in the mornings, she was by herself, I saw that during the holidays.

Unfortunately, sometimes that only means two dead employees.
:depressed

Sounds like an inside job, though--no forced entry and both doors locked, I believe I read this morning. No wonder no one wants to work these types of jobs anymore--it's f'in dangerous every day, everywhere.

ZStomp
01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think having two people working at the same time is the answer. As someone pointed out, that could just mean one more dead person. If it's an inside job- this unfortunate crime has nothing to do about this being a dangerous job. I am curious to find the answers to some of these questions.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds like an inside job, though--no forced entry and both doors locked, I believe I read this morning. No wonder no one wants to work these types of jobs anymore--it's f'in dangerous every day, everywhere.

Why is the both doors locked thing such a mystery? An inside job? Gimme a break!

The keep pointing it out on the news reports like it's a big part of the story. It isn't.

I'm no Rocket Surgeon, but I think I've got this one figured out. She opened the store, the culprit came in and robbed her, killed her, and oh yeah...he stole her key as well, which he used to lock the door behind him.

Reading Michael Connelly novels pays off sometimes!

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Why is the both doors locked thing such a mystery? An inside job? Gimme a break!

The keep pointing it out on the news reports like it's a big part of the story. It isn't.

I'm no Rocket Surgeon, but I think I've got this one figured out. She opened the store, the culprit came in and robbed her, killed her, and oh yeah...he stole her key as well, which he used to lock the door behind him.

Well, good for you!

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks...next mystery?

midgetonadonkey
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
So there is a job opening at EB games. Interesting.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Ahh...the silver lining post.

Nice...

:lol

ZStomp
01-30-2007, 08:27 PM

Very possibly. Very.

Most criminals don't think this far but it could have happen.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, unless they crawled in and out through the air conditioning vents...but I'm sticking with my theory, counselor.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
or maybe its time to outlaw guns altogether and carry tazers.

Yeah, because she was shot. Oh wait... :rolleyes

Take a look at Europe for what happens when you ban weapons. Thank God we've still got the Bill of Rights and Constitution around.

Shelly
01-30-2007, 10:14 PM
They showed her picture on the news. She was a very pretty girl. So sad.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
All I can say is up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,start.