PDA

View Full Version : Usaa

Shelly
01-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I do no business with them, but if you bank or work/worked for them, you might find this interesting...

link (http://consumerist.com/consumer/readers/true-tales-from-the-inside-i-used-to-do-collections-for-usaa-232268.php)

01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Couple of close friends work there.

They say that the recent management changes over the last 5 years have them despising the place.

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I haven't read it yet, but thanks.. that's what I'll be doing on my down time (which is like always :lol )
I bank with USAA...

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Ohhhhh boy, could I tell you some stories on the NEW USAA.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I heard a cafeteria worker fainted cause a worker smelled so bad

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
awesome sig Trainwreck. that dinosaur is popping out at me..lol

PM5K
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
awesome sig Trainwreck. that dinosaur is popping out at me..lol

I was thinking the same thing...

And could you be any more gorgeous?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
And could you be any more gorgeous?awwwwwww

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM

And could you be any more gorgeous?

what....lol that was out of nowhere....

PM5K
01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
what....lol that was out of nowhere....

It's not out of nowhere, I see your avatar every time you post so.....

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
yeah, but i've had it for a long time!

PM5K
01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah, but i've had it for a long time!

And I think that every time I see it, thank God for you I don't say that every time....

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice way to get this thread off thack, i'll take it from here, bob davis is a bean counting asshole.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2007, 01:02 PM
go rent a room u 2 :D

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 01:08 PM
:lol sorry!
back to USAA... I love that bank.
and now that I know it's easy to defraud... well I'm gonna go make some plans now :greedy

PM5K
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
go rent a room u 2 :D

Great idea!

And for the record, TrainWreck derailed this thread with his super realistic signature...

Viva Las Espuelas
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
And I think that every time I see it, thank God for you I don't say that every time....:cry

Viva Las Espuelas
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
.....speaking of, and definitely getting off topic, has anyone gotten together thru this board?

PM5K
01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes people have...

01Snake
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
What do you call a skinny girl at USAA?

A visitor. :lol

I had the unfortunate pleasure of working there a few years right out of college. WORST JOB EVER!! I was on the P&C side of the house. All you are is a number there. A sea of cubicles with about 90% of the people being waaaay overweight. A trip down to the cafeteria was always like a trip to the stockyards. In one hand was a plate of food so full that shit was falling off the plate. in the other, a can of diet coke. Unbelievable!!

Leaving there was THE BEST thing that ever happened to me. While some may enjoy it, it was not for me. I have two good friends who have been there for well over 10 years and are way up the food chain. They do quite well financially.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-30-2007, 02:10 PM
A trip down to the cafeteria was always like a trip to the stockyards. In one hand was a plate of food so full that shit was falling off the plate. in the other, a can of diet coke.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I think every workplace has that. Hell, wasn't San Antonio the 3rd fattest city in the nation a few years ago. You can just smell the grease downtown. Especially in April.

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 02:44 PM
.....speaking of, and definitely getting off topic, has anyone gotten together thru this board?

Johnny Blaze 47 AND KEDA have......they broke up and said they were, "Just Experimenting"

It is very easy for someone at USAA in the Bank or P&C to "accidentally" make a mistake in/with your info.
Some of the LAZIEST people work in the claims dept.
Some of the hardest workers work in the claims dept.

As with any job there are ho's and backstabbers galore that bring wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much drama to work.

A popular story was about this one old claims ruka, I mean ancient and wrinkled, And I do mean WRINKLED heroin junkie ho who wore more make-up than a clown (Con Carilo) always thought she was so damn hot....she wore the best dresses, from the 70's. :lol She always tried to get you to talk dirty and pretended to be your friend but the moment she left your desk area she'd be talking about you with her fellow ho's and her old sancho. Anyway, long story short..one of her "boyfriends" supposedly got her daughter prego and now the daughter is moving out of the house.

A million stories about that place.
You could make a trilogy of Office Space.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM

And could you be any more gorgeous?That was worth turning on avatars for a minute.

:tu

Nbadan
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
What's with all the security? It's a freakin Insurance and Bank. USAA used to be one of the top companies on the Forbes list, now, just take a drive around the apt. complexes surrounding USAA, nothing but Indians who will work for beans, walk to work, live 10 to a apt., and send all their money back to India. I have nothing against hard werking foreigners, but USAA used to be a premier IS and computer science company in SA, those local workers used to do most of their businesses with USAA. Enough is enough.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
What's with all the security? It's a freakin Insurance and Bank. USAA used to be one of the top companies on the Forbes list, now, just take a drive around the apt. complexes surrounding USAA, nothing but Indians who will work for beans, walk to work, live 10 to a apt., and send all their money back to India. I have nothing against hard werking foreigners, but USAA used to be a premier IS and computer science company in SA, those local workers used to do most of their businesses with USAA. Enough is enough.

The extra security is because Davis is afraid that one of the thousands of workers he has fired over the years will come back and try to waste his ass.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I used to deliver office furniture there every single stinkin' day. I worked for Texas Wilson and we did all of the warehousing/installation/repairs to just about every piece of furniture they had there. Talk about your shitty jobs...damn I hated that place.

Although we did move some personal belongings from USAA to USAA Towers for General McDermott right after he retired. He treated us like real people instead of peon furniture movers.

Guru of Nothing
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
I like 1369's sig more. Talk about popping out at you!