PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys land another top roundballer

MajorMike
01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
January 29, 2007

Justin Young
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting

Talk about it in The Corral
Marshall Moses has finally found a collegiate home. The senior forward verbally committed to a Big 12 school on Monday night.

The 6-foot-7 left-handed forward will take his game to Oklahoma State after finishing a year at the Patterson (N.C.) School this year. Moses officially visited Oklahoma State last week and wasted little time in picking the Cowboys.

"Going on the visit and meeting all of the great people and people involved with the academic side of things, it was just easy to pick. They made it easy for me," Moses said. "I loved everything about it. My parents loved it. I figured why don't I go ahead and commit to them now."

Moses said he had an inclination on where he wanted to go after his time in Stillwater. He was on hand for the Cowboys' game against in-state rival Oklahoma.

"When I got on the plane, I kind of knew that is what I wanted. I just had to go there and see for myself," Moses said.

"Coach Sutton has always told me, 'We have big plans for you.' That means a lot. I see myself making a big impact and possibly starting as a freshman. They are losing Mario Boggan and I know that if I work hard, I can play right away next year."

His recruitment took longer than he would have liked, Moses said in the past, thanks in large part to the uncertainty of what year he will graduate in. Once he realized when he would graduate (in 2007), Moses kicked his recruitment up a notch and quickly scheduled visits. Kentucky had long been in the picture but Moses was able to get to Oklahoma State first and loved the visit. He had originally planned on visiting Kentucky last weekend and take in UK's big win over Tennessee but the visit never happened.

"There were so many questions with me. Was I going to be 07 or 08? Who had offered? Who hasn't? Thank God I was in a position where I'd have offers, don't get me wrong, but after a while, I just got trying," Moses said. "I'm glad I was able to get it all straight and pick Oklahoma State."

Moses said he will sign in April with the Big 12 school and enroll in summer classes.

Moses joins another great OSU signing list, headlined by #4 overall SF James Anderson of Junction City, Arkansas. 7 foot Ibrahima Thomas of Tarzana, CA, 6' 8" #16 PF Martavius Adams (#80 overall) are both 4-star recruits. Jenk, OK SF Nick Sidorakis has also received a scholarship from Coach Sutton.

Still out on OSU's radar are several more top prospects. 4-star PG Jai Lucas has OSU in his Final Four. He was thought to be a good fit for OSU early in the season when it appeared second-year Sophmore Byron Eaton was riding the pine. Eaton has played brilliantly in recent weeks, leading to speculation that Lucas would not get much time right away next season when Eaton is a Junior. The #20 overall prspect, 5-star PF Mamadou Diarra, has OSU in his final group as well. Diarra, a teammate of OSU signeee Thomas, has always been a USC lean, and the pursuit of Moses may signal that OSU and Diarra have cut ties.

4-star SF Darrington Hobson of Decatur, IL and 3-star PF Isaiah Rusher of Houston are both considered OSU leans, but must show they can qualify before they can sign with OSU.

Doug Collins
01-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Yet another OSU thread no one cares about

MajorMike
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM
And yet you read.

Doug Collins
01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
We both know I cant help myself...damn you unemployment for keeping me home all day.