PDA

View Full Version : KG Quote

mabber
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
"We controlled the tempo for the most part," Garnett said. "We didn't get into a rat race with this team. . . . This team reminds me so much of the old Sacramento team."

Interesting that he would say that the Suns reminded him of the old Sacramento team. From a fan's perspective, I really don't see many similarities.

bdictjames
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I think that's how the Spurs and the Mavs beat them in the playoffs, they didnt want the Suns to control the game.

johnpaulwall21
01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah they r the old sac kings, they do good in the regular season and get beat down in the playoffs. Book that shit

Solid D
01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe the old SAC team with J-Will letting the ball fly in 1-on-4 situations with 19 on the shot clock.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 03:43 PM
In their up court style and passing I can see some similarties, but the personel are nothing alike

RonMexico
01-30-2007, 07:01 PM
KG was just being himself... we all know he can say/do things on the court in the heat of the moment - I just think he was letting one victory get to his head (btw, they did run with the Suns - but they won because they SHOT 59%!!) and tried to talk shit.

Anyone who has seen KG make a dunk and run down the court "fuck, shit, motherfucker" knows what I'm talking about.

stretch
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
"We controlled the tempo for the most part," Garnett said. "We didn't get into a rat race with this team. . . . This team reminds me so much of the old Sacramento team."

Interesting that he would say that the Suns reminded him of the old Sacramento team. From a fan's perspective, I really don't see many similarities.
i think they are actually very similar. that Sacramento team constantly was a very high assist team, an offensive run and gun team that had obvious defensive and rebounding problems, had a clutch PG that could shoot lights out any given night (Bibby / Nash), a solid defensive SG that could hit the open 3 (Christie / Bell), a PF/C that were dominant on the interior and underwent bad knee injuries/surgery (Webber / Stoudemire), another well rounded PF/C that is a great passer (Divac / Diaw), and an incredibly explosive scoring 6th man (Jackson / Barbosa).

the main differences are that the Suns have Marion, who is a much more well rounded player than Peja, and a better offense, but the Kings had a deeper bench, and were a better defensive and rebounding team than the Suns.