PDA

View Full Version : To Catch A Predator

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Man, I wish they would do one of these in San Antonio. These fuckers are beyond sick. Tonight htere is someone they caught TWICE. Jesus!

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
They caught Jesus twice?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Meatrocket_8

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
They caught Jesus twice?

:lol

Forgive me Lord, JB was really funny but I shouldn't have laughed aloud...........or for so long.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
:lol

Forgive me Lord, JB was really funny but I shouldn't have laughed aloud...........or for so long.

"Dear Lord, I apologize...and be with the starvin' pygmies down there in New Guinea." -- Larry The Cable Guy

Nbadan
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
These guys are dumbasses, but sometimes the lurer can be very aggressive too, especially when it comes to TV. I would like someone to report on how Dateline finds these guys, sets up the meetings, how sexually aggressive the supposed victim is online, and who makes the initial meeting suggestion.

In Texas, it illegal to make sexually suggestive remarks to minors online. A lot of times, I see people here riding a very thin line.

AlamoSpursFan
01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
As a father of an 8 year old girl, I'd just like to say that these preverted pricks deserve everything they get and more. Go Dateline!

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2007, 08:44 PM
These guys are dumbasses, but sometimes the lurer can be very aggressive too, especially when it comes to TV. I would like someone to report on how Dateline finds these guys, sets up the meetings, how sexually aggressive the supposed victim is online, and who makes the initial meeting suggestion.

In Texas, it illegal to make sexually suggestive remarks to minors online. A lot of times, I see people here riding a very thin line.

spurs=bling should probably preemptively place you on ignore.

midgetonadonkey
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Exactly how do you know how aggressive the underaged "lurer" can be?

PM5K
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
If they are old enough to crawl, they are in the right position...

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM

It's sort of irrelevant when the perp thinks the victim is 13. I don't feel sorry for these guys at all. As soon as she says how old she is, game should be over.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Is NBADan the newest narc?

Nbadan
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Exactly how do you know how aggressive the underaged "lurer" can be?

:rolleyes

It's not real underaged victims D.A., it Dateline.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Damn! I wish I caught this from the beginning.. I love watching these guys get caught. They should have one in S.A.

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Damn! I wish I caught this from the beginning.. I love watching these guys get caught. They should have one in S.A.

I loove your pic!!!
and dateline is a rerun

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 08:55 PM

In Texas, it illegal to make sexually suggestive remarks to minors online. A lot of times, I see people here riding a very thin line.Dateline does report this... they find them online and sometimes talk to the guys for weeks before they decide to meet with the teen, and they read the transcripts of the chats.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I loove your pic!!!
and dateline is a rerunThanks. :) It is a rerun? I don't think I saw this one.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh my GOD, Spurfect and LuvBones have to be the hottest sisters ever...

Your mother must be gorgeous too...

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks. :) It is a rerun? I don't think I saw this one.

I thought so... I mean I remember seeing that guy that they caught twice.
but who knows... these guys are all turning out to sound/look/act alike... :lol

Nbadan
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Dateline does report this... they find them online and sometimes talk to the guys for weeks before they decide to meet with the teen, and they read the transcripts of the chats.

They read selective parts of transcripts from chats. Who knows what the producers of the show are righting back to the men, I'm sure they aren't gonna read those parts on TV.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Dan, you're kidding right? Yes, they're proactive to a degree, but the people COME TO THE FUCKING HOUSE TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
It's nearly impossible because they have those nukes strapped to their arms.

baseline bum
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
When is this show on? I've never seen it, but it sounds funny to see these douchebags exposed on national tv.

MannyIsGod
Dan, Datline isn't the one behind the chats. This organization is:

http://www.perverted-justice.com/

atxrocker
luvbones is very easy on the eyes indeed.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:05 PM
FWIW: This reminds me of A Few Good Men, where the guy gets busted for buying oregano, I know what they are doing is wrong, but they aren't really talking to minors they are talking to adults...

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
What if they one day find out that there is a gene sequence that codes for males to be attracted to unconventionally younger women? Do we treat said criminals any differently than we do now?

PM5K
luvbones is very easy on the eyes indeed.

Understatement...

Spurfect
Dan, you're kidding right? Yes, they're proactive to a degree, but the people COME TO THE FUCKING HOUSE TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS.

I agree. they should be able to be as "sexually aggressive" as they want/need to be... those sicko predators have NO EXCUSE and NO RIGHTS when it comes to them preying on young children like that, in my opinion.

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
When is this show on? I've never seen it, but it sounds funny to see these douchebags exposed on national tv.It gets disturbing and uncomfortable very quickly.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
You know back in the day such age differences weren't a big deal, I bet a lot of our grand parents or great grandparents have big age differences between them.

A friend of mine's grandmother was fourteen, her grandfather was twenty and it was cool back then...

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
You know back in the day such age differences weren't a big deal, I bet a lot of our grand parents or great grandparents have big age differences between them.

A friend of mine's grandmother was fourteen, her grandfather was twenty and it was cool back then...O rly? Using children for sex was OK then? And if it was (which it wasn't) then using children for sex should be OK now?

My grandmother got MARRIED at 14, to my grandfather who was 16. But I'm almost positive that he didn't message her on myspace behind her parents back in order to screw over lunch.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM

A friend of mine's grandmother was fourteen, her grandfather was twenty and it was cool back then...Yeah back in the day it was different, but they also didn't live as long as today. My parents are 10, almost 11 years apart.

Cant_Be_Faded

A friend of mine's grandmother was fourteen, her grandfather was twenty and it was cool back then...

my grandma was 16 and my grandpa was like 20, this is partly why I asked my question earlier....

Spurfect

well it's not "back then" anymore, so that is irrelevant. it's clearly wrong NOW.

LuvBones
oops double posted... anyway, I enjoy watching these guys get caught a little too much. :lol

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
What if they one day find out that there is a gene sequence that codes for males to be attracted to unconventionally younger women? Do we treat said criminals any differently than we do now?What if one day we find that there is a gene sequence that makes someone want to kill other people? Do we treat them different then?

Its not about the desire to do something, it is about the lack of self control with something they know is wrong.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
'Dateline' Pedophile Sting: One More Point
NBC Collaboration Raises Eyebrows as Well as Awareness

By Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, April 9, 2006; D01

The NBC newsmagazine "Dateline" agreed to pay a civilian watchdog group more than $100,000 to create a pedophile sting operation that the network plans to feature in a series of programs next month, network representatives and the organization's founder said. As part of the sting, the network also went along with police officials' deputizing of the group's members, in effect turning "Dateline's" made-for-TV operation into a law-enforcement action. The segments, taped last month in Ohio, have prompted news media observers and others to question NBC's methods and criticize its practices.

"Dateline's" orchestration of the sting crossed ethical boundaries and could place the network in an awkward legal position, they said.

NBC's senior producer of the segments, Allan Maraynes, confirmed the arrangements but said that the network had no qualms about them. "We've raised the public's consciousness of a very serious issue," he said. "We think we've created a model [for reporting on Internet pedophilia] that accurately reflects what happens in real life."

Since 2004, "Dateline" has aired three reports in the sting operation series, titled "To Catch a Predator." In each report, the newsmagazine worked with a Portland, Ore., group called Perverted Justice, whose volunteer members pose as young boys and girls in Internet chat rooms and wait to be contacted by adult men seeking sex with minors. The volunteers lure the men to a house rented by NBC, where they are caught on hidden cameras and confronted by a "Dateline" reporter. Some of the men are subsequently arrested.

"Dateline" and Perverted Justice have staged stings in Fairfax County, Long Island, N.Y., and Riverside, Calif. During the Fairfax operation last summer, the men lured to the house included a rabbi who worked in Potomac, a schoolteacher from Prince George's County and a physician from the Eastern Shore.

In each of those segments, Perverted Justice received no compensation from NBC, nor were any of the group's members deputized.

But NBC's relationship with the group changed before "Dateline" began taping an installment of the series last month in rural Darke County, Ohio. After the first three "Dateline" stings each drew more than 8 million viewers, Perverted Justice hired an agent to negotiate with the network.

NBC sources said Perverted Justice received compensation in the low six figures for its role in the Ohio sting. The group's founder, Xavier Von Erck, did not dispute that description but declined to provide specifics.

To meet local statutes involving evidence-gathering, three Perverted Justice members who engaged in Internet chats with alleged pedophiles were deputized by Darke County's sheriff, said Richard M. Howell, the county's prosecuting attorney. Technically, deputizing the volunteers made them law enforcement officers during the sting, Howell said.

Mainstream news organizations typically do not pay sources for their cooperation because such payments might unduly influence the source's actions or information. Dateline's tactics on other stories have been questioned recently. On Friday, NASCAR officials accused the news magazine program of trying to "manufacture the news" by bringing a group of Muslim men to Martinsville Speedway in Virginia to see how they would be treated by NASCAR fans.

Moreover, it is almost unheard of for a media outlet to allow its paid associates to act as law enforcement officials, even on a temporary basis, journalism experts said. "I can't think of anything like that," said Lucy Dalglish, executive director of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, an Arlington-based group that advises journalists on legal issues. "It sounds to me like a very risky thing to do."

Journalists reject such an arrangement because they might be publicly perceived as being "agents of the government" rather than as independent news gatherers, Dalglish said. "This would certainly have me holding my breath," she said.

Bob Steele, an ethicist with the nonprofit Poynter Institute, a Florida-based journalism education group, said the arrangement puts NBC in "potentially dicey legal territory" because the distinctions among law enforcement, the news media and a paid agent of the media are blurred. Journalists typically are protected by "shield laws" that place news-gathering materials off-limits in legal proceedings, he said. With the network so closely linked to the government, however, "this could weaken the legal argument [for protection] in future cases," Steele said. "It's very troubling."

"Dateline" did not seek the cooperation of local authorities, or even alert them, when it set up its sting in Fairfax, said Mary Ann Jennings, a Fairfax police spokeswoman. That caused a public relations headache for Fairfax officials; when the "Predator" segment aired in November, county officials had to explain to outraged residents why the police could not immediately arrest the men who showed up at NBC's rented house in Herndon seeking sex with children.

Jennings explained that local laws require police to have extensive computer records of people soliciting minors for sex. In a number of cases, she said, records kept by Perverted Justice's members were either incomplete, ascribed to anonymous sources or were not made available to authorities.

"As appalling as this was to most people, we couldn't just go out and arrest everyone," Jennings said. "Until we could get into the computer records, we couldn't prove [a crime]. . . . The standards of what works well on TV are not necessarily the same as what [works] in court."

Von Erck said that his group turned over "everything" to local officials after the sting was completed. (Police in Fairfax and other jurisdictions subsequently made several arrests stemming from the sting, but neither Jennings nor Von Erck knew the exact number.)

To avoid similar problems, Maraynes said, "Dateline" worked more closely with officials in Riverside and in Darke County. In Ohio, where local law-enforcement officials invited Perverted Justice and NBC to conduct a sting, "a quirk" in local laws necessitated deputizing Perverted Justice members, the producer said.

"It was a compromise, in a way," he said. "They [Darke County officials] said: 'We may not be able to make the cases against these guys. What if we deputized them?' We felt we were doing the socially responsible thing [by agreeing to it]. We didn't want to be seen as obstructing a case." NBC's attorneys approved the idea, he said, adding, "We don't believe this will ever come up again."

Von Erck compared "Dateline's" cooperation with Ohio officials to Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward's reliance on an anonymous government source during the Watergate era. In any case, Von Erck said: "We look at those [ethical] rules as just silliness. We've never gotten an e-mail from a parent [after a 'Predator' report aired] saying, 'What about journalistic ethics?' "

Even so, "Dateline's" producers were leery of being too closely associated with police. During the Ohio sting, the network would not allow sheriff's deputies to be in the same house as its journalists and Perverted Justice's members. Maraynes said NBC took that step because "we didn't want [police] to be perceived as part of our decision-making process, and they weren't."

Darke County, which has a population of 53,000, had about half its 20 deputies monitoring the three-day sting, Howell said. The operation resulted in the arrest of 18 men, all of whom were charged.

Maraynes disputed the notion that NBC's agreement to pay Perverted Justice amounted to paying a news source. He called Perverted Justice "more of a consultant than a source. We were using them for their expertise in these pieces." He said "Dateline" would reveal to viewers that the group was paid when the Ohio segments are scheduled to air next month.

Von Erck said his group's members have helped identify hundreds of alleged pedophiles through Internet stings. The group, which began in 2002, also claims to have provided police with information that led to 100 arrests and 50 convictions in 25 states. "We turn up great evidence that stands up in court," he said.

But that claim is disputed by the group Corrupted Justice, whose mission includes counteracting the work of Perverted Justice, and is based near Ottawa. A spokesman for Corrupted Justice said much of Perverted Justice's efforts are counterproductive because most of the people it exposes suffer no legal consequence and remain free to prey on children. Perverted Justice's members also have mistakenly identified and harassed innocent people but are not held accountable because they operate anonymously, typically using computer screen names, Corrupted Justice spokesman Scott Morrow said.

"The fact is, these people are amateurs," Morrow said. "They're volunteers, with no official training, no training in law enforcement, no training in the rules of evidence, no idea about maintaining evidence so it can be used in court. They shop this stuff around, and most of the time local law enforcement tells them, 'We can't use it.' "

Morrow said NBC's involvement with Perverted Justice is particularly troubling: "They're manufacturing the news, rather than just reporting it. They're not only working with untrained, anonymous vigilantes, but now they're paying them, too." He said NBC could do stories on what police departments and the FBI are doing to hunt down pedophiles without resorting to "questionable" tactics.

Maraynes expressed no reservations about the elaborate preparations "Dateline" makes for each segment. Among other things, network producers rent a house for as long as two weeks and pay the travel and housing expenses of Perverted Justice's volunteers. "This is enterprise journalism," he said.

The idea for the series, he said, came to him after a Philadelphia TV station, working with Perverted Justice, aired footage of alleged pedophiles being lured to, but not into, a decoy location in 2004. Maraynes said he liked the general idea of identifying such would-be felons but that the setup needed some tweaking.

"I thought, 'What if we created the illusion that there was a child inside the house and our reporter was waiting inside?' I thought it would be more interesting if we created a waiting room and could see who these people were. I said, 'Let's see what happens.' "

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
It doesn't matter how old your grand parents were when they got MARRIED, because this isn't about someone marrying a child, its about meeting them and taking advantadge of them for sex.

God damn, you guys do see the difference there right?

What I find extraordinarily disgusting are the ones with kids. I get sick thinking of what kind of messages my sisters have gotten online and these guys have their own kids and go out and do this? Disgusting.

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah back in the day it was different, but they also didn't live as long as today. My parents are 10, almost 11 years apart.

but mom wasn't any younger than 15.. maybe she was 17 or so, but anyway that's way different than 12, 13 year olds they use as "bait" for the predators on Dateline... and those freaks aren't looking for a meaningful relationship or anything, they are just looking to molest and sexually assault kids.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:14 PM
What about the ones that were leaders of a youth group at their church...
They've caught doctors, a lot of married military men, and a rabbi. That's scary and sick.

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
What if they one day find out that there is a gene sequence that codes for males to be attracted to unconventionally younger women? Do we treat said criminals any differently than we do now?That's actually an interesting question.

And, while this is IN NO WAY intended to make excuses for their behavior, at what point is it time to start looking at the role society plays in sexualizing young women and teenage girls? Every year it seems that the child stars and pop singers are getting marketed as kiddie porn/jail bait/Lolita/nymphets at younger and younger ages.

I see the way some of my sisters' friends dress and act and I'm disgusted, yet I'd be willing to bet that the very same parents that let them walk out of the house like that are the ones frothing at the mouth in outrage in front of Dateline.

Cant_Be_Faded
What if one day we find that there is a gene sequence that makes someone want to kill other people? Do we treat them different then?

Its not about the desire to do something, it is about the lack of self control with something they know is wrong.

But wrong by what standards? 60 years ago someone with a predisposition to marry a 14 year old wasn't given a second glance, but now these same people need to exhibit self control because it isn't the social norm.

Killing was wrong 60 years ago so that's not quite the same.

Spurfect
It doesn't matter how old your grand parents were when they got MARRIED, because this isn't about someone marrying a child, its about meeting them and taking advantadge of them for sex.

What I find extraordinarily disgusting are the ones with kids. I get sick thinking of what kind of messages my sisters have gotten online and these guys have their own kids and go out and do this? Disgusting.

did you see the one where the guy brought his son along to the house??? that was beyond SICK!!!

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
but mom wasn't any younger than 15.. maybe she was 17 or so, but anyway that's way different than 12, 13 year olds they use as "bait" for the predators on Dateline... and those freaks aren't looking for a meaningful relationship or anything, they are just looking to molest and sexually assault kids.Oh I know.. I wasn't trying to excuse those freaks at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM

I think we all see the difference, but I am playing devils advocate here because I was watching a prison special on msnbc and the dude was in tears and flat out said "I am attracted to younger women. I don't know why. I just am. If I could fix it I would. But its just the way I am."

Using children for sex has always been wrong but are you telling me a professional in today's world would have a controversial free life if he decided to marry a 14 year old? Isn't it possible that some of these sick fucks would like to marry a young chick and be with only her, and live a monogomous life?

Where do we draw the line? Where do we draw it once we find out there are genetic markers that make a person do such things?
Telling people to "exhibit self control" often has the effect of increasing the desire to do whatever it is you aren't supposed to do.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I know what they do is wrong, I don't want to excuse it, but something about this whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

The Dateline people work with Perverted Justice and act as agents for the police but the men are never read their Miranda Warning before they speak with Dateline.

Just doesn't seem right to me...

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
But wrong by what standards? 60 years ago someone with a predisposition to marry a 14 year old wasn't given a second glance, but now these same people need to exhibit self control because it isn't the social norm.

time back then was worlds different than it is now. back then it was all about marriage and building a family, carrying on a family name/legacy.. that is what life was about. fast forward to today, times are no longer like that obviously (except for those weird cults out there that practice polygamy and all that, they marry young as well). these days it's NOT about the same things as it was in the old (fashioned) days. now it's all about sex and molestation and taking advantage of kids secretly because they get off on it

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Its not illegal to marry a 14 year old CBF. This isn't about Marriage in any way. Attraction to young children isn't illegal. I think there could easily be genetic reasons for that.

This is about taking advantadge of children for sex.

Oh, and for the record I don't give a shit if Pervereted Justice gets 1 million per episode. Thats social capitalism at its finest. Libertarianism should trumpet this as a prime example where an organization doing a public service receives a proper reward for that service.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Well married people obviously have sex... I think....

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I know what they do is wrong, I don't want to excuse it, but something about this whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

The Dateline people work with Perverted Justice and act as agents for the police but the men are never read their Miranda Warning before they speak with Dateline.

Just doesn't seem right to me...They're not getting arrested when they're talking to Dateline, and it's the news so they have the right to report (record) without their consent. They are read their miranda rights when they get arrested.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
They're not getting arrested when they're talking to Dateline, and it's the news so they have the right to report (record) without their consent. They are read their miranda rights when they get arrested.

I love you...

You are over eighteen right?

Spurfect
Well married people obviously have sex... I think....

:bang

MannyIsGod

Just doesn't seem right to me...These men's rights are not being violated in anyway. They don't have to answer any questions. Chris Hansen isn't a policie officer placing anyone under arrest so there is no need for him to read miranda to anyone.

The part they show on TV means dick to the court case, I can promise you that. Once the guys show up, they are undeniably linked to the transcripts of the online conversations which are all the evidence that is needed.

CuckingFunt

Perhaps it has something to do with the coldness of, more than likely, being motivated more by increasing their ratings than anything so noble as justice or the welfare of these guys' intended targets.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Its not illegal to marry a 14 year old CBF. This isn't about Marriage in any way. Attraction to young children isn't illegal. I think there could easily be genetic reasons for that.

This is about taking advantadge of children for sex.

Oh, and for the record I don't give a shit if Pervereted Justice gets 1 million per episode. Thats social capitalism at its finest. Libertarianism should trumpet this as a prime example where an organization doing a public service receives a proper reward for that service.

Hmm, i didn't know those laws still existed. I thought you had to go through an entire array of beauricratic nonsense so it was almost nonexistent today.

But think about the hypocracy in letting 14 year olds marry.

So its not illegal for a 14 year old to have sex in the married household with a 20 year old but it is illegal for a 14 year old to make a conscious decision to have consensual sex with a 20 year old who happens to only be turned on by 14 year olds?

Spurfect
Perhaps it has something to do with the coldness of, more than likely, being motivated more by increasing their ratings than anything so noble as justice or the welfare of these guys' intended targets.

I could care less if they are doing it for ratings, just as long as they are getting these bastards off the street.
I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for child predators because Dateline is being cold to them.

CuckingFunt
time back then was worlds different than it is now. back then it was all about marriage and building a family, carrying on a family name/legacy.. that is what life was about. fast forward to today, times are no longer like that obviously (except for those weird cults out there that practice polygamy and all that, they marry young as well). these days it's NOT about the same things as it was in the old (fashioned) days. now it's all about sex and molestation and taking advantage of kids secretly because they get off on itI'm not so sure it wasn't about taking advantage of kids because they get off on it back in the old days, as well.

Developing an attraction for someone so much younger than you is a power thing regardless if you're looking for a subservient little wifey, or a quick fuck with a little girl.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I love you...

You are over eighteen right?:lol yes I am.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm sure there are all kinds of buearocratic loopholes for a 14 year old to marry - actually it may even be illegal but I thought it wasn't with parental consent - but there is no way I'm going to say that any 14 year old has the capacity to decide to have one night stands with 40 year olds. No fucking way.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Texas law on child marriage:

If you are between 14 and 17 years old, you may apply for a marriage license in Texas only if you have written parental consent on an official form in the presence of the county clerk or if you have received an order from the Texas district court authorizing your marriage.

CuckingFunt
I could care less if they are doing it for ratings, just as long as they are getting these bastards off the street.
I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for child predators because Dateline is being cold to them.Never said I felt sorry for them.

The motivation is still ratings, however. The motivation is not doing good, it's making money. It's cold because somewhere in an NBC board room, there's some sick fuck who, even if only for an instant, would be sad if pedophilia suddenly disappeared over night because it would mean the end of the most popular segment on their news show. That's ooky. That's a problem for me.

Leetonidas
spurs=bling should probably preemptively place you on ignore.
:lmao

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Never said I felt sorry for them.

The motivation is still ratings, however. The motivation is not doing good, it's making money. It's cold because somewhere in an NBC board room, there's some sick fuck who, even if only for an instant, would be sad is pedophilia suddenly disappeared over night because it would mean the end of the most popular segment on their news show. That's ooky. That's a problem for me.Thats not a problem for me at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm sure there are all kinds of buearocratic loopholes for a 14 year old to marry - actually it may even be illegal but I thought it wasn't with parental consent - but there is no way I'm going to say that any 14 year old has the capacity to decide to have one night stands with 40 year olds. No fucking way.

Texas law on child marriage:

If you are between 14 and 17 years old, you may apply for a marriage license in Texas only if you have written parental consent on an official form in the presence of the county clerk or if you have received an order from the Texas district court authorizing your marriage.

That sounds familiar. So what does this forum say about this state law on child marriage? Sounds like the state is saying if the parents deem their child mature enough they may enter the bond of marriage (and sex would almost surely follow).

Do yall agree with this?

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
:lol yes I am.

You have a boyfriend too don't you?

I guess that makes my choice much easier...

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Thats not a problem for me at all.

yeah, me neither. do I really believe that there is someone in NBC headquarters that would be sad to see the end of pedophilia? no. but even if that were so, sure it is a little disturbing, but sure as HELL not even close to as disturbing as those men they catch and any other child sexual predator out there. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever

Mr Dio
:lol yes I am.

Well, there goes that fantasy!!

LuvBones
That sounds familiar. So what does this forum say about this state law on child marriage? Sounds like the state is saying if the parents deem their child mature enough they may enter the bond of marriage (and sex would almost surely follow).

Do yall agree with this?Marriage and meeting for sex is completely different.

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (13 members and 6 guests)
Mr Dio, Cant_Be_Faded, Spurfect, LuvBones, PM5K, Johnny_Blaze_47, Big P, Sapphire, timvp, td4mvp21, Trainwreck2100, baseline bum, AlamoSpursFan

You freakin' PERVS!!!!!!!!
I'm glad I'm not alone. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Marriage and meeting for sex is completely different.

But you agree that a 14 year old could possibly be mature enough to enter the bond of marriage?

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I have no sympathy for them whatsoever
There is a monumental difference between having sympathy for potential child molestors, and being somewhat disturbed by a television show that uses them as entertainment.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Do you contact the men or do they contact you?
A.
We have an official "rules of engagement" that we train contributors in once they are selected. One of those rules is that unless asked to in the chat, always let the male PM you. That way they can't cry that the "kid" messaged them in IM first, they have to take the first step. Often, just entering a chat room is enough to get 3-10 instant messages at once without having to say anything in the main chat room area.

We are philosophically against anyone or any organization that contacts people first as underage personas. There is no reason to do that when online predators are so numerous and motivated to contact what they think is a 10-15 year old male or female first. We want predatory threats and we are happy to wait as long as it takes to find them. Sadly, that doesn't take very long.

http://www.perverted-justice.com/?pg=faq#cat2

FWIW, they really need to do that FAQ. It is horribly unprofessional and condescending.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:42 PM
There is a monumental difference between having sympathy for potential child molestors, and being somewhat disturbed by a television show that uses the catching and exposing as entertainment.FYP

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:43 PM
But you agree that a 14 year old could possibly be mature enough to enter the bond of marriage?Personally, I don't agree with that, but if their parents do.. that's on them.

There is a monumental difference between having sympathy for potential child molestors, and being somewhat disturbed by a television show that uses them as entertainment.
Everything on tv is entertainment so how is it disturbing that it's entertaining AND doing good? This show could be scaring off pedophiles who are thinking of meeting with underaged kids so it's not all about entertainment.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Personally, I don't agree with that, but if their parents do.. that's on them.

So what if one couple of parents deems their 14 year old mature enough for consensual sex?
Do we still incarcerate the adult in this situation?

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
FYPThe men, the catching and exposing of online predators, the problem of pedophilia in general...

Either phrase could be used and it wouldn't change my feelings on the subject.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Thats fine, but I believe people watching these shows is a good thing. I don't see why the people behind them shouldn't reap rewards over doing something good. Why does doing good mean you're not allowed to profit?

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
The men, the catching and exposing of online predators, the problem of pedophilia in general...

Either phrase could be used and it wouldn't change my feelings on the subject.

would you feel better if they stopped the whole "To Catch A Predator" series?

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Everything on tv is entertainment so how is it disturbing that it's entertaining AND doing good? This show could be scaring off pedophiles who are thinking of meeting with underaged kids so it's not all about entertainment.

What these men are doing, or intending to do, is a real serious problem. Propositioning a teenage girl online to meet for sex is sick and I don't find entertainment value in any facet of that sickness. I don't think it's funny.
I don't think it's satisfying.

But, maybe that's just me. I'm not the type who'd rally around a public hanging, either.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
If you don't think it's funny, watch the guy they catch twice, and each times he says in a very Forrest Gumpish way, "Oops"....

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
would you feel better if they stopped the whole "To Catch A Predator" series?I would, actually. The organization that is working to trap these men could still function just fine without being televised.

ShoogarBear
01-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh my GOD, Spurfect and LuvBones have to be the hottest sisters ever...They're both 14. Expect a followup from Dateline.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
They're both 14. Expect a followup from Dateline.

Damn, now I really regret what I said in those PM's to each of them.....

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:55 PM
They're both 14. Expect a followup from Dateline.

actually, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. PM5K may I ask what you are doing here?

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:55 PM
If you don't think it's funny, watch the guy they catch twice, and each times he says in a very Forrest Gumpish way, "Oops"....:lol yeah, really.. I just find these guys answers entertaining. They all respond the same way.. "she said she was 18" "I wasn't doing ANYTHING." "No I didn't bring condoms.. I always carry them in my car". It's such BS and that's why I find it funny.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
actually, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. PM5K may I ask what you are doing here?

I'm actually gay, so hah!

ChumpDumper
I would, actually. The organization that is working to trap these men could still function just fine without being televised.Yeah, and these predators could function just fine without all that extra attention or awareness.

PM5K
:lol yeah, really.. I just find these guys answers entertaining. They all respond the same way.. "she said she was 18" "I wasn't doing ANYTHING." "No I didn't bring condoms.. I always carry them in my car". It's such BS and that's why I find it funny.

Yeah the "I always have condoms thing is funny", I bet these losers never get laid....

Spurfect
:lol yeah, really.. I just find these guys answers entertaining. They all respond the same way.. "she said she was 18" "I wasn't doing ANYTHING." "No I didn't bring condoms.. I always carry them in my car". It's such BS and that's why I find it funny.

"I was just testing it.." :lol

LuvBones
actually, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. PM5K may I ask what you are doing here?:lmao

CF, would you agree that by this show being aired, it is making potential online predators think twice about meeting these teens?

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm actually gay, so hah!

so you like little boys? you're sick!!

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:57 PM
so you like little boys? you're sick!!

No I like big boys, very big boys...

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 09:58 PM
No I like big boys, very big boys...Sig worthy. :p:

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I love the ones that say, I was just here to tell her how dangerous this is. :lmao

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
:lmao

CF, would you agree that by this show being aired, it is making potential online predators think twice about meeting these teens?Hard to say. I've got real questions about someone who'd engage in this behavior having a strong grasp on reality and, therefore, I'm not sure they'd ever be willing to admit the possibility of getting caught.

PM5K
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Sig worthy. :p:

I know I've said enough to both of you that you'd never believe that...

It's not sigworthy for me, I love my sig, it's from the Judge I was taking care of, and for the record, she's thirty eight...

Oh and for the record I'm twenty seven, so if anybody is molesting anybody......

Spurfect
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I would, actually. The organization that is working to trap these men could still function just fine without being televised.

I really don't know what else to say to this... you seem to be sympathizing more with the predators than with the operation of helping catch them. I'm sure you're not, but it just really sounds that way. You really don't see the benefit about this being broadcast nationwide? I guess not... those poor predators are suffering because NBC is greedy for money and ratings, I guess.

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I love the ones that say, I was just here to tell her how dangerous this is. :lmao

"And I just brought this 6pack over to tell you how dangerous it is to drink alcohol while in a hot tub."

"Oh!, the condoms? They...........They're............Um, Have you ever made water balloons?"

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I really don't know what else to say to this... you seem to be sympathizing more with the predators than with the operation of helping catch them. I'm sure you're not, but it just really sounds that way. You really don't see the benefit about this being broadcast nationwide? I guess not... those poor predators are suffering because NBC is greedy for money and ratings, I guess.Could not possibly be farther from my views, actually.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the men that are caught being dumbasses. None. I have a problem with the whole "online predator" issue being used as entertainment.

In my opinion, the minute someone laughs at one of the retarded answers thrown out by one of these guys, it makes light of a very serious problem.

The fact that a grown man with a kid would solicit sex online from an underage girl disgusts me. The fact that he'd try to explain it away with some half brained excuse as if he didn't do anything wrong disgusts me. I have a problem with something that I find to be so disgusting being used as entertainment or inspiring laughter. THAT is my issue.

I don't see how that can be so difficult to understand.

ashbeeigh
01-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I love happening upon this show when MSNBC has marathons on the weekends.

If y'all are interested in the theories behind sexual predators this is a good book Sexual Deviance: Issues and Controversies (http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Deviance-Controversies-Tony-Ward/dp/0761927328/sr=8-1/qid=1170213010/ref=sr_1_1/104-9821737-1619929?ie=UTF8&s=books) We're using it as a textbook in my Sexual Deviance (it's a Criminal Justice/Psychology credit) class. It's expensive, but top notch.

LuvBones
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Could not possibly be farther from my views, actually.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the men that are caught being dumbasses. None. I have a problem with the whole "online predator" issue being used as entertainment.

In my opinion, the minute someone laughs at one of the retarded answers thrown out by one of these guys, it makes light of a very serious problem.

The fact that a grown man with a kid would solicit sex online from an underage girl disgusts me. The fact that he'd try to explain it away with some half brained excuse as if he didn't do anything wrong disgusts me. I have a problem with something that I find to be so disgusting being used as entertainment or inspiring laughter. THAT is my issue.

I don't see how that can be so difficult to understand.I apologize for laughing then.

Sapphire
Could not possibly be farther from my views, actually.

I don't see how that can be so difficult to understand.

There is all sorts of disgusting shit on TV that is used as entertainment, and entertainment ONLY. At least there is some benefit to the Dateline show. If it makes one sick jerk think twice before trying to make his fantasies a reality then the show deserves some type of award, IMO. It is only scratching at the surface of just how depraved our society has become.

PM5K
I liked it when the guy got tasered....

Good 'N Plenty
If it is on TV it is entertainment. Nothing wrong with that at all in my book. I always watch that show to see how many crazy perverted people there are out there. Of course if you are a hot looking woman you can bang an underaged kid and get away with it.

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
If it is on TV it is entertainment. Nothing wrong with that at all in my book. I always watch that show to see how many crazy perverted people there are out there. Of course if you are a hot looking woman you can bang an underaged kid and get away with it.
Unless you're Mary Kay LeTourneau. Guess she didn't qualify as hot enough. Now there is an NEISD teacher (female) that is under investigation for an "inappropriate" relationship with a student. Only the student is a female. It's going to get interesting.....

Shelly
01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Didn't some teacher at Marshall get in trouble recently?

Sapphire
01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
The latest one is at Madison.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA013007.techerallegations.EN.3612bf99.html

thispego
01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I would, actually. The organization that is working to trap these men could still function just fine without being televised.
their reasoning is that the more they show it, the more people will see it which will make pedophiles more reluctant to attempt to meet with children.

i think it's a good idea, but it's funny that you can flip through the tv at almost any time and find an episode of perverted justice

leemajors
01-30-2007, 10:47 PM

60 years ago the life expectancy was below 60. a couple hundred years ago royalty would tie their newlywed and laid spouses in sheets to make sure they bled. none of this has much to do with sexual predators taking advantage of young children. if you wanna be semi-valid bring something like lolita up. nabokov's story was disturbing and ultimately wrong but makes a better case than you are doing here.

Good 'N Plenty
01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Didn't some teacher at Marshall get in trouble recently?

Just saw that WOAI news reported on it.

White Goodman
01-30-2007, 11:09 PM
lol @ the dude that got tasered...stubborn idiot

:depressed @ the 50 year old that came with intentions of having sex with a 13 year old boy!?!?!?

and that dude with glasses that started crying when he realized what happened :donkey

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
60 years ago the life expectancy was below 60. a couple hundred years ago royalty would tie their newlywed and laid spouses in sheets to make sure they bled. none of this has much to do with sexual predators taking advantage of young children. if you wanna be semi-valid bring something like lolita up. nabokov's story was disturbing and ultimately wrong but makes a better case than you are doing here.

LOL

as opposed to making the case that fucking little children is okay as long as it perpetuates the species???

johnpaulwall21
01-30-2007, 11:43 PM
to catch a Predator = GOAT
Funny as hell to see the look on their face when they get caught

leemajors
01-30-2007, 11:43 PM
LOL

as opposed to making the case that fucking little children is okay as long as it perpetuates the species???

people getting married young is not the same as internet stalking, as others have said before. you fell right into that though.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 11:47 PM
and in no point in my rambling incoherent posts did i say or assume they were the same

if you took off your blinders and just engaged in some critical thought, you'd realize its perfectly possible to envision a scenario in which the 14 year old was the predator yet the adult would get blamed--we've stated the laws, i've asked if its possible for a 14 year old to be mature enough for marriage, consensual sex.....

all i was trying to do was learn something about this subject by asking questions but some took the easy way out and assumed shit and made even dumber posts than mine

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
No shit this thread started about internet "stalking" but at the core of the subject, i think, are two things: sex, and control

now, do we assume every time something like this happens that the adult was the stalker, the predator, the oppressor? It is extremely possible that being attracted to younger people can be genetically linked, so I ask, is it possible for a young, sexually promiscuous person (whose parents "know" they are mature enough for consensual sex) to use such incredibly lewd, alluring langauge on the internet to completely corrupt a normal human being with such a predisposition, corrupting his self control, and rendering him a slave to his urges? Who is the predator in this scenario?

young_prosecutor
01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
maybe you've never read the Texas Penal Code CantBeFaded?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2007, 11:59 PM
What im asking goes beyond laws because those are more transient than society's regulations

MannyIsGod
01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Question:

If Ashbeigh was 14 would CBF be PMing her?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
It's just a question I'd like to hear answered by anyone seriously
even once

leemajors
01-31-2007, 12:04 AM
No shit this thread started about internet "stalking" but at the core of the subject, i think, are two things: sex, and control

now, do we assume every time something like this happens that the adult was the stalker, the predator, the oppressor? It is extremely possible that being attracted to younger people can be genetically linked, so I ask, is it possible for a young, sexually promiscuous person (whose parents "know" they are mature enough for consensual sex) to use such incredibly lewd, alluring langauge on the internet to completely corrupt a normal human being with such a predisposition, corrupting his self control, and rendering him a slave to his urges? Who is the predator in this scenario?

i know exactly what you are saying, but i was pointing out a better example of your point would be lolita - he was hopelessly attracted to her, and she used it to her advantage, but was also a total brat who tired of him fawning over her. today's law and society will always side with the young girl, she can play it up much easier. hypocrites won't show their true colors if pressed, especially in this situation. the weak spot is stating corrupting his self control - they obviously can't control themselves in that situation. a show like this isn't going to help people like that, only stir persecution by the majority. it would be well nigh impossible to stir pity for people who can't control their urges.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:07 AM
I agree. But everyone's self control has a limit.

Society having no pity for this is wrong imo.
So maybe this show is perhaps having an unexpected effect on the society that watches it.
once again im not saying fucking little kids is okay and i personally think its sick so please

MannyIsGod
01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Pity is fine CBF, but pity doesn't preclude you don't do what is in the best interest of the real victims here: the children. I feel pity and sympathy for anyone who falls into some sort of trouble or anyone who can't seem to make responsible decisions and falls into societies cracks, but thats all it is: pity. Pity doesn't mean that you make special accomodations for the perpetual breakers of these laws.

thispego
01-31-2007, 12:13 AM

thats the main issue. there is a clear line, in my opinion, that can be drawn between healthy and unhealthy attraction to younger people. if you have a strong sexual attraction to prepubescent girls then everyone can agree that is unhealthy.
But since everyone develops at a different pace, some young girls (13, 14, 15, etc) can appear and act very mature. Different hormones and pheremones are produced by these girls than their more slowly developing, same-aged counterparts. So, physiologically speaking, attraction in this case is very healthy in my opinion

But people who are mentally healthy do not try to hook up with these girls over internet chatrooms. Thats what perverts/sexual predators do

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Pity is fine CBF, but pity doesn't preclude you don't do what is in the best interest of the real victims here: the children. I feel pity and sympathy for anyone who falls into some sort of trouble or anyone who can't seem to make responsible decisions and falls into societies cracks, but thats all it is: pity. Pity doesn't mean that you make special accomodations for the perpetual breakers of these laws.

Of course not for the law, because law is law, i wasn't asking that these last couple of posts. I was asking more along the lines of social opinion, when that person falls, of course he'll go to jail, but what will we think about it, we being the people who are disgusted by child predators
What will be the verdict that society gives that person? These type of questions are going to becoming insanely more tangled when genetics starts hashing out Gattica type shit.

Or is society supposed to accept all laws as the final word? (l o l)

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:17 AM
thats the main issue. there is a clear line, in my opinion, that can be drawn between healthy and unhealthy attraction to younger people. if you have a strong sexual attraction to prepubescent girls then everyone can agree that is unhealthy.
But since everyone develops at a different pace, some young girls (13, 14, 15, etc) can appear and act very mature. Different hormones and pheremones are produced by these girls than their more slowly developing, same-aged counterparts. So, physiologically speaking, attraction in this case is very healthy in my opinion

But people who are mentally healthy do not try to hook up with these girls over internet chatrooms. Thats what perverts/sexual predators do

But there are some people with monogomy in mind that are too shy or too much of a (for lack of a better word) loser to meet people in person..

MannyIsGod
01-31-2007, 12:20 AM
But there are some people with monogomy in mind that are too shy or too much of a (for lack of a better word) loser to meet people in person..People with monogamy in mind do not contact minors through interent chatrooms for meet for practically anonomyous sex. I don't know of many healthy relationships that start that way for people in the same age bracket much less a situation like this.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:22 AM
People with monogamy in mind do not contact minors through interent chatrooms for meet for practically anonomyous sex. I don't know of many healthy relationships that start that way for people in the same age bracket much less a situation like this.

What? So are you saying each case of sexual predation arose from a chatroom intentionally meant for people to hook up and fuck?

I don't watch much of this show so I am in the dark here, I thought they just randomly found these guys through random internet chatrooms

plus, i doubt the law would care what type of chatroom the meeting arose from

leemajors
01-31-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree. But everyone's self control has a limit.

Society having no pity for this is wrong imo.
So maybe this show is perhaps having an unexpected effect on the society that watches it.
once again im not saying fucking little kids is okay and i personally think its sick so please

if i gave you the impression i thought you thought it was ok i am sorry, i wasn't trying to insinuate that. even if there was a sort of genetic link proven for this "craving" it would have zero effect on popular thought. just like a "fat" gene, the majority would have no sympathy.

thispego
01-31-2007, 12:25 AM
But there are some people with monogomy in mind that are too shy or too much of a (for lack of a better word) loser to meet people in person..
you're talking about the small minority of the people who are doing this "online soliciation of minors".

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2007, 12:27 AM
if i gave you the impression i thought you thought it was ok i am sorry, i wasn't trying to insinuate that. even if there was a sort of genetic link proven for this "craving" it would have zero effect on popular thought. just like a "fat" gene, the majority would have no sympathy.
LOLOL no dude that comment was for the forum in general

but LOL

fatness is a special case

but stuff like this will have an effect in all of our lifetimes, just wait, its inevitable. since we've been talking about 'back in the day' in this thread, back in teh day they said global warming would never be thrusted upon the common marriott, but its happening right now

if we all arent melting in a few decades, the ramifications of genetics research will be an amazing culture shock to modern countries

JoeChalupa
01-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Any man in his right mind knows that regardless of who is the "predator" it is just plain wrong. Period. I don't give a rat's ass who is the agressor. Those damn freakin' punk ass perverts. :cuss

cornbread
01-31-2007, 01:03 AM
This thread was an entertaining read. My take is that pervetedjustice and dateline deserve a medal and high ratings because they're doing a great service for the community. Not only are they telling a cautionary tale to all the perverts out there, but they are also educating parents and their children about a potential danger that's out in the world. It's good for everybody.

Some people bring up the question of a genetic predisposition to pedophelia. I think that's a weak ass excuse. Alcoholism runs in my family. Can I get a break if I ever get a DWI (knock on wood)? Probably not. If you have the pedo-gene, that sucks for you but learn to deal with it.

These GROWN MEN who drive hundreds miles with a box of condoms and a bag of Taco Bell, all in the hopes of getting laid by a 12 year old, get ZERO sympathy from me.

Jekka
01-31-2007, 02:35 AM
I think we all see the difference, but I am playing devils advocate here because I was watching a prison special on msnbc and the dude was in tears and flat out said "I am attracted to younger women. I don't know why. I just am. If I could fix it I would. But its just the way I am."

And what happens when the 14 year old gets older and starts looking more like 25? The attraction dissipates and the pedophile gets back online to find someone who looks more like "what he's attracted to". Pedophilia may be a valid disorder, but the actions it provokes are not socially or ethically acceptable.

With regards to marrying a 14 year old, that usually only happens if the 14 year old is pregnant, and it still takes a lot to convince the courts it's a good idea then.

Trainwreck2100
01-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Cover yourself with mud, but whatever you do, don't use a flashlight.

thispego
01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
hahahaha, good one trainwreck, it only took someone 6 pages to bust that out

LuvBones
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
New Dateline coming up.

LuvBones
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmm.. to watch this or Idol in S.A.? :p:

johnpaulwall21
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
is it to catch a predator? :smokin

thispego
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM
is it a new to catch a perv?

ChumpDumper
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Long Beach, if that helps.

Laser sights on the guns are a nice touch.

LuvBones
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
is it a new to catch a perv?yes.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
The decoy looks pretty old this time around.

thispego
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
quick, someone send us two AAA batteries so we can switch back and forth to catch a perv and american idol

resistanze
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Haha, those guys are goddamn morons.

"Hmm if I tell her I'm coming in a SUV, and rent a car instead, I'll somehow throw the police off even though I'm the only one who knows the girl will be in the park"

loveThe23
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
These guys need to be killed, end of story. :devil

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
hahahaha, good one trainwreck, it only took someone 6 pages to bust that out

It's nearly impossible because they have those nukes strapped to their arms.

It got buried

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
From The Smoking Gun:

NBC's "Perverted" Justice?
Axed "Dateline" producer slams popular "Predator" series as unethical

MAY 29--In a scathing broadside at NBC's popular "To Catch a Predator" series, a former producer charges that she was canned last year after complaining that the show violated "numerous journalistic ethical standards" and many of the network's own "policies and guidelines."

In a breach of contract lawsuit, Marsha Bartel, 49, alleges that her 21-year career at NBC ended months after her August 2006 appointment as "sole producer" of "To Catch a Predator," which conducts sting operations targeting men seeking illicit liaisons with children they've met online. According to her complaint, which was filed last week in U.S. District Court in Chicago, Bartel charges that many of the program's ethical lapses stem from its relationship with Perverted Justice, a shadowy vigilante group that the show uses to "troll for and lure targets into its sting." A copy of Bartel's lawsuit can be found below.

According to Bartel, by paying Perverted Justice, NBC has given the group a "financial incentive to lie to trick targets of its sting." The identities of the group's 50-plus volunteers were kept secret from her, Bartel says, adding that Perverted Justice does not provide "complete transcripts from its trolling operations," so network officials "cannot independently verify the accuracy" of the group's transcripts. In some instances, Bartel claims, sting targets are "led into additional acts of humiliation (such as being encouraged to remove their clothes) in order to enhance the comedic effect of the public exposure of these persons." She also charges that NBC has unethically covered up the fact that law enforcement officials have acted improperly while working in conjunction with the "To Catch a Predator" crew, such as "goofing off by waving rubber chickens in the faces of sting targets while forcing them to the ground and handcuffing them." Bartel says that when she "raised concerns" about controversial comments made by Perverted Justice's founder, David Corvo, executive producer of the newsmagazine "Dateline," responded, "We all know they're nuts."

Bartel, who signed a four-year contract in March 2006, contends that soon after reporting her concerns about "To Catch a Predator" to NBC management, she was terminated effective December 24, 2006. While NBC told her she was part of a "mass layoff precipitated by general business factors," Bartel alleges that she was canned in retaliation for insistence on "ethical and accurate reporting on the Predator series." NBC, she adds, was "more interested in sensationalizing and dramatizing the Predator series for profit than news reporting."

Bartel is seeking at least $1 million in damages from NBC. In a statement, NBC said it has been "transparent about our reporting" on the Predator series, for which audience reaction has been "overwhelmingly positive. NBC News is proud of its reporting and we believe this lawsuit is without merit." (10 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0529071nbc1.html?link=rssfeed

AlamoSpursFan
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
According to Bartel, by paying Perverted Justice, NBC has given the group a "financial incentive to lie to trick targets of its sting."

Ummm, that's the whole point of a sting, dear.

As the father of an 8-year old daughter, I say more power to 'em.

Get these shitheads off the streets by any means necessary.

desflood
05-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Axed "Dateline" producer slams popular "Predator" series as unethical
Silly me. And here I thought the pedophiles were the unethical ones!

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Silly me. And here I thought the pedophiles were the unethical ones!

Neither me nor the producer is saying PJ needs to stop what they're doing, but the journalistic ethics from NBC News in this case are suspect.

AlamoSpursFan
05-29-2007, 06:42 PM
So drop the journalism facade and turn this into reality TV a la Cops. Just keep up the good work, NBC!!!

AlamoSpursFan
05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
What's so sick about this whole TCAP thing is that some of these sick fucks actually KNOW about the show and they STILL get caught. Baffles the living shit outta me.

Fuck 'em.

Go Chris Go!

2Blonde
05-29-2007, 09:21 PM
But the problem is that if the show loses it's journalistic integrity then soon it will end up going off the air because the ratings will drop. Then the pedos will be free to roam freely again without any fear of being exposed. That's why it's important for them to be above board and ethical about everything they show.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
:lol Who expected Dateline to be ethical?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
But the problem is that if the show loses it's journalistic integrity then soon it will end up going off the air because the ratings will drop. Then the pedos will be free to roam freely again without any fear of being exposed. That's why it's important for them to be above board and ethical about everything they show.

I hate to say this, but as much as I'd like to believe that's what would happen, I don't.

This subject is obviously very deep to a lot of people (and not just pretty much every parent that ever existed) and even if NBC News blatantly violated either their code or a standard (SPJ, NABJ, etc.) code of ethics and maybe even admitted to it - I believe the general public would stand by NBC's "pursuit of justice."

This is why you don't put yourself in these journalistic trials of ethics - you might be forced to go against what your ethical beliefs mean.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2007, 09:27 PM
:lol Who expected Dateline to be ethical?

I do.

It's ethical violations that make people like me look bad to the general public.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't know why PJ is necessary to pull this stuff off.

For the next sweeps they just need to get Shaq to pose as the online kid.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, there's journalism class discussion unethical and general-public's-giving-a-shit unethical. This particular case seems like more of the former than the latter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, there's journalism class discussion unethical and general-public's-giving-a-shit unethical. This particular case seems like more of the former than the latter.

Exactly what I meant in the response to 2Blonde.

Soul_Patch
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
What is scary to me, is this is such a small sample of the general public. If this small sample is able to rake in this many people.

Imagine how much this go's on unnoticed.

My wife spent the first 4 years of her career as a sex offender treatment provider. Alot of her clients were very violent rapist and child molesters out of prison on parole. Hearing stories from her, it really makes you sad for everyone involved.

I find it ludicrous that some of these folks can get out of parole in less than a year, and you have the 18 year old kid who messed around with a 15 year old girl at a party in prison for 15 years / and labled an offender for life with no distinction between him and the 40 year old guy who works at his grandma's daycare and spent the past 5 years raping 2 year olds.

just sick...and im not exagerating...she had clients very much like the ones described.