01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Tribute to Fallen Marine Trashed
Last Update: 1/31/2007 6:28:35 PM

Posted By: Walker Robinson

Save/Share Story
digg reddit
newsvine Google
del.icio.us Yahoo!

A mother was heartbroken after someone took away the only thing she had left of her son who died in Iraq, News 4 WOAI learned Wednesday. Vandals burned and destroyed a shrine dedicated to Steven Patrick Gill, police said.
“This just degrades who he is,” Gill’s mother, Rose Camero-Gill said. “This was uncalled for. It’s just mean.”

Vandals trashed Camero-Gill’s Canyon Lake home and a shrine she dedicated to her late son, a U.S. Marine. Several of her precious things were destroyed, including photographs.

“(An) American flag was thrown on the floor, and my son died for this flag,” Camero-Gill said.

“I've also got two commemorative coins that were stolen,” Camero-Gill said. “They were given to me by the Secretary of the Navy.”

Camero-Gill said they are priceless reminders of her son's sacrifice. Marine Corporal Steven Gill was killed in Iraq when a bomb blew up near his tank a year and a half ago.

Rose purchased her home with the insurance money from her son's death. She turned it into a haven for wounded soldiers, and with the burglary all she wants to do is sell it and try to move on.

“The people that did this need to know that they not only took things, but they took another piece of me by destroying the haven that my son gave me,” Camero-Gill said.

Rose hopes someone will return her stolen mementos so she can keep her son's memory alive.

Crime Stoppers is offering up to $1,000 for information on the case. You can call 1-800-640-8422.

FUCKERS MUST PAY !!!! :ihit

Extra Stout
01-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Slow torture over a period of weeks would be appropriate.

Marklar MM
01-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Slow torture over a period of weeks would be appropriate.

Send the fuckers to Gitmo.

01Snake
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Was probably Boutons and his cohort (aka boyfriend) NBADan.