PDA

View Full Version : Props to Tony tonight

50 cent
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Regardless of the outcome, Tony brought his game and isn't shying away from the lane against a physical Utah team.

Too bad nobody else has shown up.

50 cent
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
And now the 3 pointer that was clutch.

50 cent
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
WHAT!@?!:?

And another!

Jimcs50
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I think they need to cover him out there, yes?

Leetonidas
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
He is the second coming after all.

Lmao the comercial just came on. :lmao

SequSpur
01-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Exactly.

50 cent
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
And yeah, fuck you haters that say Parker is never clutch. Fuck all of you. I hate the Tony bitching and this is exactly why.

Kori Ellis
01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah big props to Tony. I felt sorry for him at the beginning of the 3rd when he kept penetrating and dishing over and over and the Spurs kept missing ... and then he went to the bench with his 4th foul.

If someone, anyone, would have helped him out in the 4th, the Spurs would have won easily.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
And in typical Pop fashion, he's on fire, hits two straight threes, we take a timeout, and he never sees the ball again :pctoss

At least it's not just Manu that Pop is stupid like that with...

ChumpDumper
His passes weren't good enough.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Why was he not in at the end of the game... when Horry took the 3?

sribb43
01-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow, those 3's by TP were huge, never expected both of them to fall. to bad the spurs couldmt close it out in the end, big 3's by Okur and Williams caused the spurs demise

50 cent
02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
That foul called on Tony on Okur on the 3pt attempt was fucking bullshit as well.

bigfundamental21
02-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Why was he not in at the end of the game... when Horry took the 3?

That's exactly what I was wondering. He would have at least handled the ball better and could have drove the lane and kicked it out or something. We had 27 seconds. Fucking Pop.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
"Tony on Okur"

WTF was Tony doing anywhere near Okur?

Charge him yes, but even getting close enough to smell a (3pt) jump shooter who's 9" inches taller? Play smarter, Tony.

Okur's 3 FTs there changed the entire game in the last minute,
was the dagger. bad mistake by Tony, flop or no flop.

ducks
02-01-2007, 12:15 AM
tony guarding hi was on pop not tony

E20
02-01-2007, 12:17 AM
And in typical Pop fashion, he's on fire, hits two straight threes, we take a timeout, and he never sees the ball again :pctoss

At least it's not just Manu that Pop is stupid like that with...
Sometimes I disagree with Pop too, but in this case it's on Horry not Pop, I mean he took a uncalled three with 11 seconds left, with a defender on him and leaning towards his left. Even Pop was super mad when he did that so you can't blame it on Pop. I'd say most of the blame goes for Horry on that play they should have reset and looked for a better shot. And I fully believe that if they did reset with 11 seconds left, they would have found a better look than the one Horry launched. Also, the Jazz were being aggressive like little bitches. Everyone of them played like Bruce Bowen shit.

Oh yeah props to Tony, back to back threes, in your face layups. The guy was on today and has been for most of the season. He's one of the main arches supporting the Spurs backbone.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Sometimes I disagree with Pop too, but in this case it's on Horry not Pop, I mean he took a uncalled three with 11 seconds left, with a defender on him and leaning towards his left

There was 10 seconds left. You take what you can get. The killer was running Pop's gay 'send Manu baseline and kick it out to Bowen for three' play the possession before that one.

"Tony on Okur"

Charge him yes, but even getting close enough to smell a (3pt) jump shooter who's 9" inches taller? Play smarter, Tony.

boutons, you are a fucking retard. Tony was on him due to picking up a defensive rotation.

TMTTRIO
02-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Tony was awesome tonight and really had a great game.

angel_luv
02-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Tony deserves this thread. I feel worst for him that we didn't win.

Great effort Tony. Thanks. :)

timvp
02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Props to Tony. In the last two games, it looks like he's starting to shed the label that he gets worn down as the game goes on.

E20
02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Bowen for three' play
Is it just me or is Bowen getting way too many touches?

I love the guy's attitude and the little things he does to make the franchise what it is, but Pop needs to give him the same advice he gave Tony; shoot less.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Is it just me or is Bowen getting way too many touches?

I love the guy's attitude and the little things he does to make the franchise what it is, but Pop needs to give him the same advice he gave Tony; shoot less.

He only shoots six times a game or so. That's the same or less than he always has.

Nero
02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Every 3pta by Bowen is a quality shot. Don't know what you all are smoking. Every 3pta by Finley is a bad shot, regardless of the Lakers game.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
"Tony on Okur"

What a bitch, that call is not on tony its on the fucking ref!

SpursFanInAustin
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I was surprised he made those back to back threes in the 4th. I sure hope he can do this consistently in the 4th qtrs. I've been noticing he's been doing that lately, but if he can maintain it throughout the playoffs, it would be great.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I do like the fact that with in these last couple of games hes been their holding his own for the team.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Okur flopped sure, Tony touched him, but not enough to alter or interfere with the shot, yes, a bad call.

but why is Tony even near enogh to touch a 3G shooter 9" taller than Tony?
It was stupid, it was the dagger. GAMEOVER

T Park
02-01-2007, 12:53 AM

god take a pill chode.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
After going back and forth a lot, I don't think I would have put Tony out there for the last shot at the three, although I wouldn't dispute somebody who goes for the hot-hand theory.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
go fuck yourself, Michelin Man, France needs you.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Tony Parker is the best player in the NBA. Period.

Popovich's system is holding him so far back, he'll be lucky to the MLE on his next contract.

Fuck Pop. Free Parker!

johnpaulwall21
02-01-2007, 12:56 AM
go parker go!!!!!!! shoot away if u want, just make sure u split half the shots with duncan and lets see yall two go to work. Everyone else on the team back da fuck back :hungry: :hungry:

RC's Boss
02-01-2007, 02:00 AM
hell froze over. parker get'n his props :toast

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 02:01 AM
hell froze over. parker get'n his props :toast

The Parker haters are sleeping. They'll wake up and tear him up for turnovers and for fouling Okur. Don't worry. :lol

RC's Boss
02-01-2007, 02:02 AM

Popovich's system is holding him so far back, he'll be lucky to the MLE on his next contract.

Fuck Pop. Free Parker!
best pg. fuck nash :flipoff

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Well Parker had a wasted effort...
if only the others showed up (besides Duncan, he was solid as usual)

So now we've had a great game by at all of the big three at one point.

Manu's put in an effort that came up short with the team.

Then Tim...

now Parker.

27 pts (2 back to back 3's!) 6 dimes on 11-15 shooting.

BeerIsGood!
02-01-2007, 05:00 AM
Okur flopped sure, Tony touched him, but not enough to alter or interefere with the shot, yes, a bad cal.

The Jazz ran a pick and roll with Okur and Williams. Spurs switch on the pick like they always do to keep Williams from getting the lane and dishing for a dunk or scoring himself. With the pick TP is on Okur and Horry (or Duncan, I can't recall) switched to Williams. Williams swung the ball back to Okur at the top of the arc with TP on him due to the switch. The Jazz worked the play to get the good matchup, and the ref bailed out Okur on a rushed shot. Sometimes the ball bounces or whistle blows that way.

jaespur21
02-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Yup....Okur was bailed out. TP played a heck of a game. i hope he penetrates that well going into the next game. Somebody earlier said TP is the best player in the NBA. Im glad U love TP that much cuz thats what ive been saying about TIMMY. hope Tp can dominate like timmy has in previous playoff performances.....Awesome game tony!

P.S. i was upset with Bruces play again?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2007, 05:08 AM
lol, that was that poster SequSpur. Tp's a great player, but he can't dominate like Timmy.

Timmy can be considered the best player in the NBA and he's the only legitimate player on the team, where that isn't considered a homer statement.

ginobili fan
02-01-2007, 08:28 AM
lol, that was that poster SequSpur. Tp's a great player, but he can't dominate like Timmy.

Timmy can be considered the best player in the NBA and he's the only legitimate player on the team, where that isn't considered a homer statement.

How do you know?
We never gave the ball to TP.
It's funny to see people making statement whiout seeing what TP could do if we give him the green light like duncan.
I would even say fortunately Tim can dominate,he has always the ball!!!!!!!

vanvannen
02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Tony played a fantastic game. The foul on Okur was an incredibly obvious flop. There was more contact in Horry's last three than in that shot.
However, we still don't seem to find a way to close games. Apart from Tim and Tony, the rest of the team is playing like crap. Manu plays a good game here and there, the same for Barry or Bowen, but none is consistent.
If Pop doesn't put this thing together, this team doesn't get out of the first round.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2007, 08:56 AM
How do you know?
We never gave the ball to TP.
It's funny to see people making statement whiout seeing what TP could do if we give him the green light like duncan.
I would even say fortunately Tim can dominate,he has always the ball!!!!!!!
That's because you don't need to!

Tim is a totally different player than Tony Parker. As in complete and a huge, huge difference maker. Parker is a great scorer, pg. That's about it. Tim is still considered among the Kobe's and Lebrons, in terms of recognition, despite being non-glamourous.

The idea that Tony Parker could ever hold the title best player in the NBA is pure homerism, and you only need to know a little about basketball/NBA to know that.
And what are you asking about the green light for? You're already seeing what TP can do. You did last year when Tim and Manu got hurt.

He has handled earlier this year and still handles the ball way more and still takes shots way more than Tim.

We know what Tony can do now, and he's doing great and when he gets his passing skills a little improved, he'll be considerd best or top PG or can be since he's only f-ing 24...but best player in the NBA is a long shot.

Only to stinky cheese eating surrender monkeys, is he considered that right now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Tony played a fantastic game. The foul on Okur was an incredibly obvious flop. There was more contact in Horry's last three than in that shot.
However, we still don't seem to find a way to close games. Apart from Tim and Tony, the rest of the team is playing like crap. Manu plays a good game here and there, the same for Barry or Bowen, but none is consistent.
If Pop doesn't put this thing together, this team doesn't get out of the first round.
Meh, Manu's been consistent for the last three weeks, since he *was* averaging around 20 points (despite some shoddy FG percentage games..) I'd say he's been pretty consistent.

If you watch the games, you can see Tim, Tony, and Manu alternate in having quiet games (under their avg.).
The bench has holes yes, and Pop is still acting slow in January, but come on now. Leave the big 3 out blanket statements such as these.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
He has handled earlier this year and still handles the ball way more and still takes shots way more than Tim.

Tony Parker - 14.7 attempts per game
Tim Duncan - 14.8 attempts per game

Tony doesn't shoot WAY more than Tim. He doesn't even shoot more than Tim on the season. At one point, he shot 14.9 times to Tim's 14.2 times. Maybe you considered that WAY more. *shrug*

nkdlunch
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
The Parker haters are sleeping. They'll wake up and tear him up for turnovers and for fouling Okur. Don't worry. :lol

don't foget they will bitch that Williams owned parker, and Tony's defense sucks. :smokin

truthfully parker was awesome, haters, do u even remember the old parker of a few years back? this paker is like 10x better so STFU

WalterBenitez
02-01-2007, 11:21 AM
"Tony on Okur"

asking about his hair stylist! :rolleyes

WalterBenitez
02-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Tony Parker - 14.7 attempts per game
Tim Duncan - 14.8 attempts per game

Tony doesn't shoot WAY more than Tim. He doesn't even shoot more than Tim on the season. At one point, he shot 14.9 times to Tim's 14.2 times. Maybe you considered that WAY more. *shrug*

Nothing like good stats to destory arguments :reading

smeagol
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Parker was awesome. He did everything people say he can't do.

Huge props to him.

Spurs Brazil
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
GREAT job by TP yesterday.

Too bad we couldn't get a DAMN REB

cheguevara
02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
tony guarding hi was on pop not tony

nope. U really think Pop designed a play for TOny to guard Okur. it's not Tony's fault either

Somebody else screwed up in defensive rotations, wonder who it was?

vanvannen
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Meh, Manu's been consistent for the last three weeks, since he *was* averaging around 20 points (despite some shoddy FG percentage games..) I'd say he's been pretty consistent.

If you watch the games, you can see Tim, Tony, and Manu alternate in having quiet games (under their avg.).
The bench has holes yes, and Pop is still acting slow in January, but come on now. Leave the big 3 out blanket statements such as these.

Blanket statement?

Last night 10pts on 2 for 9 shooting. The last three games he is shooting 27% from 3pt. That hurts penetration and Tim's post game.
I think the only ones really consistent are Tim and Tony.

fred33
02-01-2007, 03:23 PM
tony is a guard 53%

Ronaldo McDonald
02-01-2007, 05:05 PM

Fuck Pop. Free Parker!

Eva, is that you?

WalterBenitez
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Eva, is that you?
:lol

AFBlue
02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
He only shoots six times a game or so. That's the same or less than he always has.

I guess he does shoot about the same, but he does seem to be more aggressive (putting the ball on the floor) and involved in the offense (I think he touches it more in the half-court set than he used too...but maybe I'm wrong).

Don't get me wrong, I like what he brings to the Spurs, but I'd feel a little more comfortable if he ran down to the corner and stood there for 24 seconds waiting for the ball. Just Kidding...but you know what I mean.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I guess he does shoot about the same, but he does seem to be more aggressive (putting the ball on the floor) and involved in the offense (I think he touches it more in the half-court set than he used too...but maybe I'm wrong).

Don't get me wrong, I like what he brings to the Spurs, but I'd feel a little more comfortable if he ran down to the corner and stood there for 24 seconds waiting for the ball. Just Kidding...but you know what I mean.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. But I think it's an illusion:lol He's shooting less 2 pointers than in any recent year.