PDA

View Full Version : James' toe could be lingering problem

ducks
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
James' toe could be lingering problem

January 31, 2007

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James' sore toe may be sore until summer.

The Cavaliers forward, who has missed two of Cleveland's last three games to rest a sprained right big toe, said Wednesday that his injury could linger for the remainder of this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I hope not, but I think it will," James said following practice. "It's like you jam your finger or you get a light ankle sprain, those are the things that don't really get back until after the season. It's a concern, but not a big concern as long as it keeps getting better and progressing every day."

James sat out Cleveland's win Tuesday night over Golden State. Sasha Pavlovic replaced James in the starting lineup and scored a career-high 24 points.

James was held out of contact drills during Wednesday's practice and the team listed him as day-to-day on the updated injury report. After being limited to practicing free throws and going over some plays, James said his toe is feeling better and it will be a game-time decision whether he plays in a nationally televised game Thursday in Miami.

atxrocker
01-31-2007, 11:35 PM
that would be awesome if he turns into another grant hill.

Amare_32
01-31-2007, 11:35 PM
No way he sits out the Cavs first game against the Heat especially being on national tv.

Flopper
01-31-2007, 11:56 PM
I see he's making excuses already...

Amare_32
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I see he's making excuses already...

Trust me if he plays the Cavs will cruise past the Heat.

RonMexico
02-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Did you guys hear Phil Jackson smugly state that he "might pull Kobe for that nationally televised game against the Cavs" because Kobe got suspended yesterday? That'd be funny if Kobe and LeBron were out - game might be in the 60s...

trueD
02-01-2007, 02:55 AM
I see he's making excuses already...:lol

Good one, Flopper.

Sacramental
02-01-2007, 02:56 AM
who cares about LeBronze James.

trueD
02-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Did you guys hear Phil Jackson smugly state that he "might pull Kobe for that nationally televised game against the Cavs" because Kobe got suspended yesterday?

Could Stern fine for that? :)

Kobe wouldn't miss a matchup with Lebron. No way. Phil is just doing his Zenny intimidation thingy. And besides, we all know who's in charge in LaLa Land.

Sacramental
02-01-2007, 03:07 AM
who cares about the cavs vs. lakers. nationally televised yippee woo-hoo. yay we get to see 2 and a half hours of whistles and flops. hooray how exciting. :downspin:

atxrocker
02-01-2007, 03:46 AM
even though pretty girl mayweather is a bitch, sacramental has a point.

Burn531
02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
What a fucking surprise.

LeBron Will Play Thursday Against Miami
1st February, 2007 - 2:33 pm
Miami Herald -
LeBron James will start in Thursday's game against Miami.

He worked out with his team at a shootaround and his sprained toe is feeling better.

James has missed two of the Cavaliers' past three games, including Tuesday night's home win against Golden State. But Cleveland coach Mike Brown said after the workout that James has received clearance from the team's medical staff.

''Based on what the doctors say, he can play,'' Brown said. ``If he reaggravates it or something like that, we'll sit him down for a while. But he feels he's ready and our doctors feel he's ready. So we're going to give him an opportunity.''

Holmes_Fans
02-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Mine as well just let him play for that game, then sit him for a few weeks. The east is so shitty it doesn't really matter if the cavs drops a load of games while he is gone. Save him for the playoffs, ie shaq