PDA

View Full Version : The Regression of Oberto and Elson

timvp
01-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Oberto and Elson started the year off well, but over the last few weeks these guys have been horrible. I just don't get how a player like Oberto will only bring energy like once every ten games. And Elson hit his peak in game one of the season.

Tonight versus the Jazz, this duo was a huge part of the loss. Everyone played reasonably well, except the Spurs had a giant hole in the middle. You can't win when your centers play soft on both ends of the court and appear disinterested.

In 23 minutes, Oberto had zero rebounds. 0. How does that happen? In his two games in Utah this year, Oberto has one rebound in 42 minutes. That's just a disgrace.

Would it kill Elson to play defense every now and then? Or how about boxing out once this season? I'm not asking for much. He needs to add something to his game other than a dunk or a block every other game.

Oberto either needs to bring energy on a night to night basis or be seated at the end of the bench. He's not good enough to go through the motions. And if Elson keeps regressing at this pace, he's going to be a WNBA player come playoff time.

The Spurs lost because they got destroyed on the boards. They got destroyed on the boards because their centers are Charmain soft.

:pctoss

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
How do you regress from being a third stringer on a lottery team? Dude, they both sucked before they came here.

You're just over that the Spurs got 2 big men infatuation stage.

Extra Stout
02-01-2007, 12:01 AM
But hey, they play cheap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2007, 12:01 AM
It's time for Pop to bite the bullet and play Butler. He's fucking around with his lineup anyway. Give Oberto's minutes to Butler, and start Elson.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Oberto's zero boards in 23 minutes was miraculous. :lol

At this point, if Elson can just take baby steps and learn how to set a frickin' screen, I'd be happy.

Then maybe after another month or two, he can learn some basics about D.

Solid D
02-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Opposing Bigs, on the other hand scored 58 of the 97 points (60%) tonight.

timvp
The sad thing is that Horry is by far the best bigman on this team outside of Duncan. Horry is 89 years old, yet he's the only thing keeping Pop from going small ball to close 100% of the games.

SequSpur
Pop is so worried about defense, he forgets that you need to score in crunch time and rebounding the whole game... what a fucking joke...

ducks
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
spurs need booner

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I didn't even think it was physically possible for someone to stand on a basketball court for 23 minutes and not even luck into one rebound...

ducks
02-01-2007, 12:05 AM
atleast the trading deadline has not passed
spurs outrebounded by this much can only help a trade

MannyIsGod
Well, just keep counting down until Bonner comes back. If things keep going the way they are, I completely expect Horry and Bonner to get most of the minutes next to Duncan later on this season. And quite honestly, I don't mind that one bit.

timvp
Oh and I'd trade Elson, Oberto and this year's first round draft pick plus any Euro scrub the Spurs have rights to for Paul Millsap.

He owned Oscrubson out there.

td4mvp21
We need a trade, our frontline is ludicrous man. But we've known that all season.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:07 AM
omfg, the spurs are so shitty, you're begging a bench warming ex raptor to come in and save the fucking day... you guys are the ones regressing..

your so fucked up, your expectations of the Spurs have dipped past lotteryness...

Bonner sucks.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Oh and I'd trade Elson, Oberto and this year's first round draft pick plus any Euro scrub the Spurs have rights to for Paul Millsap.

He owned Oscrubson out there.Millsapp is the kind of player the Spurs really really need. An athletic scraper who can guard athletic 4s. His offense isn't great, but man does he leap.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Millsapp is the kind of player the Spurs really really need. An athletic scraper who can guard athletic 4s. His offense isn't great, but man does he leap.

What was he drafted? Late second round?

T_MONEY_TX
02-01-2007, 12:10 AM
after orberto got droped out of the lineup for horry a few weeks back it looks like he an't been doing much since that. Elson needs more playing time.

regio
A team w/o it's rebounding leader outrebounds us 50-32. That's just sad :depressed

ShoogarBear
omfg, the spurs are so shitty, you're begging a bench warming ex raptor to come in and save the fucking day... you guys are the ones regressing..It hurts like a bitch to admit this, but Sequ's more right than we want to believe. :lol

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
What was he drafted? Late second round?I don't know where in the 2nd, but I do know it was the 2nd.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
What was he drafted? Late second round?17th pick in the second round. I looked this up after the fourth or fifth time I saw him own the Spurs front line.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:12 AM
If he was named Pablo Millsapovic, the bitch would have been ours.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Sequ's right that it sucks that we're counting on Bonner to make a difference, but the fact remains that Bonner has played better and added more to this team this year than either Oberto or Elson. This is the team we have, so I just hope we at least play the best players.

ploto
Well, just keep counting down until Bonner comes back. If things keep going the way they are, I completely expect Horry and Bonner to get most of the minutes next to Duncan later on this season.
Isn't that what everyone said about Elson coming back?

Kori Ellis

:lmao

You made me literally laugh out loud. Thanks.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Isn't that what everyone said about Elson coming back?Ok, seriously. WTF is your deal Ploto? Why do you post here, I don't get it? Do you really have nothing better to do than come in here and post negative shit about the Spurs time after time?

Aggie Hoopsfan
17th pick in the second round. I looked this up after the fourth or fifth time I saw him own the Spurs front line.

If he would have been playing in Bosnia, he coulda been ours...

Nero
The Spurs lost because they got destroyed on the boards. They got destroyed on the boards because their centers are Charmain soft.

Tonight our franberto didn't rebound well (5rb/33min) but that's not really that far off from what we expect (8rb/33min). And a frontline of TD + franberto isn't too bad as far as rebounding. What sucks is our perimeter players. All of them, with the exception of Manu, are subpar rebounders. Bowen our SF gets MURDERED against every single team's SF and we often go with 4 SG type rebounders + TD. Suicide.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Haha, greatness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Isn't that what everyone said about Elson coming back?

Fucking A ploto.

Hey, have you ever thought about doing a little switch hitting? Because you and boutons both obviously need to get laid. You two could kill two birds with one stone on that one...

timvp
02-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Millsap was a hidden gem. Who would have thought to draft the first person in recorded college history to lead the world in rebounding their freshman, sophomore and junior years?

:shootme

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
lmao at Shooga.

Dude, because of this shittiness, I have to go to work in the morning and have my boss sit in my office and spend 15 minutes of quality why the spurs are fucked up time.

I would turn him onto this site, but shit, I don't know how that would look. WTF do I do?

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Sequ's right that it sucks that we're counting on Bonner to make a difference, but the fact remains that Bonner has played better and added more to this team this year than either Oberto or Elson. This is the team we have, so I just hope we at least play the best players.If Bonner comes in and turns this team around, I will become the Pope of the Church of Bonner.

boutons_
Still stalking me Aggie?
can't get me off your mind can you?
kiss my ass

Kori Ellis
Millsap was a hidden gem. Who would have thought to draft the first person in recorded college history to lead the world in rebounding their freshman, sophomore and junior years?

:lmao

Manu_The _Best
Oberto and Elson started the year off well, but over the last few weeks these guys have been horrible. I just don't get how a player like Oberto will only bring energy like once every ten games. And Elson hit his peak in game one of the season.

Tonight versus the Jazz, this duo was a huge part of the loss. Everyone played reasonably well, except the Spurs had a giant hole in the middle. You can't win when your centers play soft on both ends of the court and appear disinterested.

In 23 minutes, Oberto had zero rebounds. 0. How does that happen? In his two games in Utah this year, Oberto has one rebound in 42 minutes. That's just a disgrace.

Would it kill Elson to play defense every now and then? Or how about boxing out once this season? I'm not asking for much. He needs to add something to his game other than a dunk or a block every other game.

Oberto either needs to bring energy on a night to night basis or be seated at the end of the bench. He's not good enough to go through the motions. And if Elson keeps regressing at this pace, he's going to be a WNBA player come playoff time.

AGREE 100%!!! Elson and Oberto produced exactly NOTHING today! The Spurs are in deep s***t and they WILL GET BLOWN OUT tomorrow against Phoenix - don't even watch the game - Suns by 20+++

johnpaulwall21
Oberto is a piece of garbage, nuff said end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!

VaSpursFan

no shit...i guess great rebounding in college doesn't translate to the pros. he's one of the players that just has a knack for it.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
lmao at Shooga.

Dude, because of this shittiness, I have to go to work in the morning and have my boss sit in my office and spend 15 minutes of quality why the spurs are fucked up time.

I would turn him onto this site, but shit, I don't know how that would look. WTF do I do?:lol

You better make a new screen name where you do nothing but dog SequSpur if you plan on doing that.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Still stalking me Aggie?
kiss my ass:lol

boutons, my offer stands. I will pay for you to get laid.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Can we get Rasho back?

Nero

Who would have thought to sign the leading per 48min NBA rebounder during the past 5 years or so? (psst.. EVANS).

Aggie Hoopsfan
Still stalking me Aggie?
kiss my ass

Sorry boutons. I work at a software company. People as stupid as you stick out.

timvp
Who would have thought to sign the leading per 48min NBA rebounder during the past 5 years or so? (psst.. EVANS).

Spurs don't need rebounding help.

:music

ShoogarBear
lmao at Shooga.

I would turn him onto this site, but shit, I don't know how that would look. WTF do I do?:lmao :lmao

Countdown to the SequSpur's Boss troll in 3 . . . 2 . . .

TDMVPDPOY
i think its time to give butler minutes, at least he can pull down a few boards

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:22 AM
BTW, I do think people sell Bonner way short. He gets boards, he hits 3s, he hustles his ass off and he makes the team better when he's on the court. What the hell is there not to love?

Aggie Hoopsfan
:lol

boutons, my offer stands. I will pay for you to get laid.

:lol He spoke up because of the new addition to my sig. :lmao

Kori Ellis
Can we get Rasho back?

That's my new signature. :lol

SequSpur
:lol

You better make a new screen name where you do nothing but dog SequSpur if you plan on doing that.

yeah.. I hear you... but, the dude kills me, he is 60ish and a big college ball watcher... he may be a good person to get draft insights from. I don't watch college ball until march madness, so I can't keep up with the guy.

ShoogarBear
Can we get Rasho back?You just made ploto's sig.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW, I do think people sell Bonner way short. He gets boards, he hits 3s, he hustles his ass off and he makes the team better when he's on the court. What the hell is there not to love?Quoth the Archbishop.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW, I do think people sell Bonner way short. He gets boards, he hits 3s, he hustles his ass off and he makes the team better when he's on the court. What the hell is there not to love?

Devil's advocate:
He's not a good post defender. He's pretty slow. He's whiter than milk.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:24 AM
That's my new signature. :lol

If Rasho came back right now, I would wear my Slovenian jersey to bed.

:smokin

MannyIsGod
Great, now you guys are just going to encourage Ploto.

Holt's Cat
Please....feed....me...

timvp
Rasho might be the only seven-footer on this planet who rebounds worse than the Spurs bigmen did tonight.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:25 AM
If Rasho came back right now, I would wear my Slovenian jersey to bed.

:lmao You sound like you've been sipping some Slovenian brandy. :drunk

I thought Rasho was your cotton candy salesman in Club 200.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Devil's advocate:
He's not a good post defender. He's pretty slow. He's whiter than milk.The fact that he's slow is his biggest knock, IMO. I don't think he's a great post defender, but I don't think he has to be to work for the Spurs. I don't think Horry is a great post defender either. In fact, I think the only 2 players the have that are good post defenders are Duncan and then because he's good at getting position Oberto.

But the fact is that Bonner adds far more than he detracts from this team when he's on the court. I think his 3 point shot had been the most consistent when he was playing, and although slow I think he makes up for that with his flat out hustle and desire.

A player without the atheltic tools who hustles is far better than some underachieving athlete.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:27 AM
:lmao You sound like you've been sipping some Slovenian brandy. :drunk

I thought Rasho was your cotton candy salesman in Club 200.

I still have that pint in my liquor cabinet... I don't think I'll ever open it... I show it to my friends and talk about how Slomo gave it to us.. etc. etc..

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Quoth the Archbishop.:lol

Man, when I see a guy dive on the floor it just makes me become a huge fan. I love to see the scrappieness that Bonner brings.

Bonner is that guy who if you're playing a pickup game never gets the credit he deserves because he's a goofy red headed white boy, but his teams always seem to do well.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
I still have that pint in my liquor cabinet... I don't think I'll ever open it... I show it to my friends and talk about how Slomo gave it to us.. etc. etc..

:smokin:tu

We still have our Slovenian wine. No flys. :lol

timvp
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
It'd be pretty sweet if Pop just gave up on this center BS and just put Duncan in the middle and rotated out Horry and Bonner. Sometimes Oberto is good but that's only when he decides to play once every dozen games or so. You can usually tell early on whether Oberto is into it or is playing like a lifeless zombie. Elson has more of an upside, but the fact that he's gotten progressively worse isn't the best of signs.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2007, 12:31 AM
i think its time the spurs go knockin on the knicks door for white howard david lee :D

whottt
02-01-2007, 12:33 AM
We're going to have to start using a frontline of Elson, Duncan and Oberto in some of these matchups, putting Elson on the SF and maybe using Duncan as the swing on offense. Against Kirilenko you have to do something like this.

I know that's sounds ridiculous and that doesn't answer Elson's D problems but this team is just not built right and that's the only way we are going to be able to handle some of these strong rebounding teams. And there is a precendent albeit a brief one, Pop did use a Perdue, Drob, Duncan frontline at times when we had all those guys.

I mean yeah they got murdered tonight, but Oberto was too damn small and slow and Elson was too light...that's a big reason why tonight happened. And Elson doesn't like banging with Big C's...that's what it is with him. That's why he's not had much of an NBA career.

And I've had enough of Jaque Vaughn as well...I'd rather have AJ, AJ now, than Jaque Vaughn. This guyy can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't do shit.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I'd rather have AJ,This thread has reached fucking classic status.

MannyIsGod
It'd be pretty sweet if Pop just gave up on this center BS and just put Duncan in the middle and rotated out Horry and Bonner. Sometimes Oberto is good but that's only when he decides to play once every dozen games or so. You can usually tell early on whether Oberto is into it or is playing like a lifeless zombie. Elson has more of an upside, but the fact that he's gotten progressively worse isn't the best of signs.
Exactly. Right now the best course of action is spot time for either Oberto/Elson to spell Duncan, and Horry/Bonner sharing the 4 minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Unfortunately the Spurs have a lot of holes whott - Vaughn, Finley, Barry, Beno, none belong in the rotation.

The fact this front office won't do anything to address these problems is arguably the biggest failure of the Tim Duncan era.

itzsoweezee
it would help if popovich established a solid rotation w/ those two. they should be close to splitting 48 minutes, depending on the matchup.

but pop's nonsensical lineup means no one's going to get any kind of rhythm at the center spot. the same thing that happened last year. and then when the playoffs come around, pop's going to dump even that for small ball. just watch, all of this so freaking predictible it's sad.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Can we get Rasho back?

I'd rather have AJ

I just tried putting these in my sig, and I got the Blue Screen of Death.

SenorSpur
02-01-2007, 12:41 AM
The Spurs are simply getting what they paid for out of that position. What they saw in Oberto, I'll never know. There was a reason that Elson was 3rd string behind Camby and Nene in Denver. For the record, I still think Elson is salvagable., Oberto, I'm not so sure.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately the Spurs have a lot of holes whott - Vaughn, Finley, Barry, Beno, none belong in the rotation.

The fact this front office won't do anything to address these problems is arguably the biggest failure of the Tim Duncan era.

dude, you just summed up everything... this is my biggest gripe with this shit and I've lobbied, bitched, and complained every minute of the day.

The Spurs are fucked up so it's the players fault for not playing Pop's way. When the fuck is it his fault?

timvp
02-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Can we get Rasho back?

I'd rather have AJ

http://home.earthlink.net/~larryorcutt/wall.gif

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:43 AM

I can't say Elson has upside. When you are over 30, in the NBA, and can't set a screen -- something is wrong. He doesn't know basketball basics. Sure, he can run and dunk, and he jumps really high sometimes when he doesn't have to in order to get a board. And then everyone ooohs and ahhhs, but I don't see the upside.

I keep hoping and hoping that one day something clicks in his head and he gets it, because I don't think he lacks athleticism or even the tools. But right now, he's not a good basketball player.

It's just a bad combination between the two of them. I thought each of them would have some strengths that would balance out and be "enough" (yet I also though JButler would be getting some minutes). But it's a weak, weak spot for the Spurs right now.

I expect next game Pop will probably NOT start Oberto, because you just can't ignore the ZERO boards in 23 minutes. But then, Elson will probably get abused by the Phoenix front line.

While everyone keeps worry about the backup wingspots, maybe the starting front court is a more pressing matter.

Weird people like Danny Fortson are starting to look like good targets to me. :lol

Scary.

whottt
02-01-2007, 12:44 AM
This thread has reached fucking classic status.

Seriously...I wish Vaughn had AJ's J, and at least fucking AJ could pass. What the fuck does this guy do?

ggoose25
02-01-2007, 12:44 AM
bring back malik. he wouldve grabbed a goddamn board tonight

SenorSpur
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM
As many have stated before, the team has more holes than just on the perimeter.

5 spot
Backup PG
SF position

Areas that good teams seem to exploit.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM
malik, rasho, nazr and zarko would've out rebounded the jazz easily tonight.

bigfan
02-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I agree there may be some hope with Elson but Oberto, has he ever jumped higher than 1 inch? May be time to bench Oberto and bring in Butler just for the hell of it and see what happens. BTW, what did Horry scream at Bowen near the end of the game after that guy got by them? Horry looked real pissed off.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2007, 12:48 AM
malik, rasho, nazr and zarko would've out rebounded the jazz easily tonight.

even a scrub player 6-9+ would out perform elson + oberto on this team

seriously trade these 2 now!

ploto
02-01-2007, 12:52 AM
it would help if popovich established a solid rotation w/ those two. they should be close to splitting 48 minutes, depending on the matchup.

but pop's nonsensical lineup means no one's going to get any kind of rhythm at the center spot. the same thing that happened last year. and then when the playoffs come around, pop's going to dump even that for small ball. just watch, all of this so freaking predictible it's sad.

The whole scheme is strange with 11 guys playing just about every game- even with Bonner out.

Tony, Beno the first half, and Vaughn the second
Bruce, Brent, Manu AND Finley
Duncan, Oberto, Horry, AND Elson

Some would say the minutes are unpredictable and sporatic because the bench is playing poorly, but maybe the bench is playing poorly because the minutes are so unpredictable and sporadic.

Sometimes, I think Pop listens too much to his assistant coaches. People praise that fact about coaching for the Spurs, that they- the assistants- have so much input, but it seems maybe Pop should pick 8 or 9 players and stick with them for a while. Sometimes that just means that someone has to sit. Play your best players and to your strengths and quit matching up with other teams.

DubMcDub
02-01-2007, 12:57 AM
I saw the disappointment in Elson coming after the first game this year against the Mavs. He played quite well that game and many here, after 48 minutes of basketball, were annoiting a guy who had been a scrub ass on a very mediocre Denver team the potential "big man saviour" of the Spurs.

Not saying he's incapable of anything, but I think the fact that he had such a nice game against a huge rival got some people thinking he was much better than he is.

RC's Boss
02-01-2007, 01:50 AM
:rollin he reminds me of evans w/ better offense

RC's Boss
02-01-2007, 01:52 AM
i think elson does ok against mavs and suns. it's the bigguns that knock him outta rebdg. position

Russ
02-01-2007, 01:56 AM
The Spurs haven't had a center since Robinson -- they won one title with Horry playing when it counted.

At least Elson can get up and down the floor and looks like a center. That's about the most you can ask for. There's no one to trade for.

phxspurfan
02-01-2007, 02:12 AM
is the Kiwi on the trading block? Maybe he can solve our athleticism and rebounding problems!

xcoriate
02-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Oh there's people out there, so it's not so much no one to trade for... it's that there's no one to trade with...

No one wants our scrub ass players, and when for some reason they do... (see Maggette) we turn em down.

sabar
02-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Bring back Rodman

milkyway21
02-01-2007, 02:55 AM

...The Spurs lost because they got destroyed on the boards. They got destroyed on the boards because their centers are Charmain soft.

:pctosswhen I posted one time that i'd like to see how the men in the middle progress this year bec i think they will be an impt part of our winning our 4th title, many said no worry there's Duncan, there's Manu& Parker.

well, people:D tonight our PF and PG combined for a 50pts and we can't even win over Utah sans Boozer.

I'd like to cry out to Pops:

Isn't it time to FREE Jackie Butler?

Lee in NY though a PF, is making progress he's been given minutes and he has been producing double figures both in scoring and rebounds as of late, when Butler is even better player than Lee.
Why can't we give one a chance to prove his worth?

and I'd like to ask if Elson is already 100% healthy? He's not the same Elson since he came back from injury. He was stronger and more athletic back then.

timvp
02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
In +/- last night, Oberto was a -7 while Elson was a -4. It's hard to win when both of your centers are hurting your team.

It's looking more and more like Horry is going to be the Spurs' only hope in the playoffs.

P.S.

The only player who had a worse +/- than Oberto was, not surprisingly, Beno Udrih.

:grim:

Testing
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Does anyone else think that tonight's game will be a test for Barry and Beno? If the Spurs want to go to the finals, they'll have to go through the Suns or Mavs. If Barry can prove that his 3 point shooting and playing style will help the Spurs beat the Suns, then I don't think he'll be traded.

But if he continues to play the way he has been the past few games when given the start, I think the Spurs front office will make a trade/any trade. They just have to.

diego
02-01-2007, 12:38 PM
has anyone seen something uglier than kirilenko going 1 on 1 vs finley? kirilenko would bully him down, throw up a pathetic layup, rebound it, try again, tip the miss, rebound it again, put another one up... until it went in. I wouldnt have minded seeing elson/oberto/duncan in for that, or even for bruce to come in, that was just embarassing

Spurs Brazil
02-01-2007, 01:07 PM
If T.Massanburg or M.Bryant were with the Spurs they would start easily.

It's sad to see our 4th or 5th big in the past could start today

Oberto and Elson are terrible, PLEASE Pop give Butler a chance he can't do any worst than those two

wildbill2u
02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Tonight our franberto didn't rebound well (5rb/33min) but that's not really that far off from what we expect (8rb/33min). And a frontline of TD + franberto isn't too bad as far as rebounding. What sucks is our perimeter players. All of them, with the exception of Manu, are subpar rebounders. Bowen our SF gets MURDERED against every single team's SF and we often go with 4 SG type rebounders + TD. Suicide.
Everyone needs to remember "it's the little things that players do that don't show up in the stats" but either contribute or hurt their team.

Bowen never tries to mix it up or block out his man in the lane on offense. Our defensive All-Pro sits it out on the corner alone while our four go against their five. The other teams just ignore him cause his one or two shots a game aren't worth worrying about.

No wonder the lane gets a little crowed with opponents and it's tough to get a rebound.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
:lmao Now spurfans want Bowen playing in the post!

This is gold!

Horry For 3!
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM

He owned Oscrubson out there.
I thought the Spurs needed rebounding before this year. I believe he led the nation in college every year in rebounding.

Horry For 3!
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
P.S. Since Millsap has been getting good minutes with Boozer out.

He is averaging 15.3 pts 12.3 rebs 1.7 asts .7 stls 2 blks a game over the last 3

objective
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I honestly think that Kevin Willis could be brought back right now and be a better starting center, even as old as he is.

Pugglekicker_21
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
theres no vbookie for tonite? or is everyone locking up the suns?

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 07:07 PM
theres no vbookie for tonite? or is everyone locking up the suns?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59257

It's been up since last night.

Slomo
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Can we get Rasho back?
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/Resuscitation.jpg

timvp
02-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Against the worst rebounding team in the league, Oberto and Elson combined for one defensive rebound.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-02-2007, 02:32 AM
:lol I have no idea what the heck has happened to my boy Frankie :depressed

Trade him back to Denver where he can become the dutch thug again :smokin