PDA

View Full Version : Maybe there is another way to look at this loss to Utah...

Big Shot Rob
02-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Okay--I know this is a stretch--

But consider--the Spurs got killed on the rebounding stat.

With all of the extra shots that Utah had because of these rebounds--we were in the game all the way to the last shot.

Maybe the team can take that with them as they go to Phoenix--which I think is a much better confidence booster if they happen to win there.

Just a thought. :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

RC's Boss
02-01-2007, 01:41 AM
at least they don't have size

Manu_The _Best
02-01-2007, 01:44 AM

With all of the extra shots that Utah had because of these rebounds--we were in the game all the way to the last shot.

Maybe the team can take that with them as they go to Phoenix--which I think is a much better confidence booster if they happen to win there.

THE SPURS WILL LOSE BY 20+++ points tomorrow - THEY PLAY DISASTER RIGHT NOW - DON'T F. WATCH THE DAMN GAME!!!

Budkin
02-01-2007, 01:58 AM
THE SPURS WILL LOSE BY 20+++ points tomorrow - THEY PLAY DISASTER RIGHT NOW - DON'T F. WATCH THE DAMN GAME!!!

Quitters suck.

Russ
02-01-2007, 02:04 AM
The Spurs will win tomorrow because it means more to them to see Phoenix lose (and get Dallas to the one seed) than it does to beat Utah.

(That and the fact that they always beat Phoenix when they want to.) :)

Extra Stout
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM
The Spurs will win tomorrow because it means more to them to see Phoenix lose (and get Dallas to the one seed) than it does to beat Utah.

(That and the fact that they always beat Phoenix when they want to.) :)
You're reaching. The Spurs wanted to beat Utah pretty bad. Several guys stepped up. They just couldn't overcome crappy personnel.

Nikos
02-01-2007, 09:10 AM
You're reaching. The Spurs wanted to beat Utah pretty bad. Several guys stepped up. They just couldn't overcome crappy personnel.

Is Utah's personnel really any better? Even with Carlos Boozer?

Testing
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Spurs have been getting wide open looks for almost 8 or 9 games now. However, their shooting % mainly of Barry, Horry, Beno, and Finley is still very, very low. You can't be missing wide open looks like that and have a chance to keep up with the Pheonix Suns. Spurs have almost no chance to win tonight, especially considering it's back to back. Unless Parker/Duncan/or Ginobili go for 48.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Quitters suck.
the truth doesnt hurt man

ploto
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Phoenix won't shoot 42%.

Spurminator
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Utah killing us on the boards was no fluke. If we play them again I expect the same result, perhaps worse with Boozer playing. The Spurs just don't have the rebounders to match Utah.

If we can beat Phoenix and come away from this leg 2-1, I'll be satisfied. I just hope we don't meet Utah in the Playoffs.

George Gervin's Afro
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Spurs have been getting wide open looks for almost 8 or 9 games now. However, their shooting % mainly of Barry, Horry, Beno, and Finley is still very, very low. You can't be missing wide open looks like that and have a chance to keep up with the Pheonix Suns. Spurs have almost no chance to win tonight, especially considering it's back to back. Unless Parker/Duncan/or Ginobili go for 48.

Bingo. I would be more concerned at this point if we weren't missing wide open looks. I HOPE at some point they start to fall. :oops

boutons_
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
"hope we don't meet Utah in the Playoffs."

There is a VERY good chance of Spurs/Jazz in the first round, either as 4/5 seeds or 3/6 seeds.

The 3-6 seed group will probably be in the playoffs as it is now: Jazz, Spurs, Lakers, Rockets.

yavozerb
02-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Lets not forget that even though we won at LA, we were dominated most of the game so we could easily be o-fer during this trip so far!! On a positive note, tony has become a top 5 PG and is fun as hell to watch.

yavozerb
02-01-2007, 10:43 AM
"hope we don't meet Utah in the Playoffs."

There is a VERY good chance of Spurs/Jazz in the first round, either as 4/5 seeds or 3/6 seeds.

The 3-6 seed group will probably be in the playoffs as it is now: Jazz, Spurs, Lakers, Rockets.

Hope we dont meet dallas, houston, utah, or phoenix for that matter!!Oops, my bad, that is half of the western playoff teams

bdictjames
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Oberto was soft that game, and so was Elson.

itzsoweezee
02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
i won't give a shit about the utah loss if the spurs beat the suns tonight.
oh, and there's no reasonable explanation for oberto playing like shit and getting 23 minutes, while elson grabs 5 rebounds and only gets 10 minutes; especially in a game where the spurs were getting dominated on the boards AGAIN

itzsoweezee
02-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Oberto was soft that game, and so was Elson.

elson was the second leading rebounder in only 10 minutes. i'll take soft over nothing.

nkdlunch
02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
We suck at rebounding is same thing as saying we suck at shooting.

It's not really something you fix in a day.

mabber
02-01-2007, 02:48 PM

The Spurs will need to destroy the Suns in rebounding #'s (particularly the offensive rebounds) to have a chance to win tonight. A lot of teams don't have the nads to hit the offensive boards hard vs. Phoenix for fear of giving up a lot of fast break pts...but it's the only way to beat them most of the time.

fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Will be pulling for the Spurs tonight. If they could win this would really boost their confidence. Either way, I expect a very entertaining game. Whoever wills the pace of the game will win.

mabber
02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Will be pulling for the Spurs tonight. If they could win this would really boost their confidence. Either way, I expect a very entertaining game. Whoever wills the pace of the game will win.

I'll be pulling for the Spurs as well but, more importantly, I'm just hoping for a good game.

Testing
02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
What's weird is that at this point, without a trade, I don't even think the SPurs can make it out of the first round. I've never thought that. The West is stacked with dark horses this year.

Utah, Lakers, Rockets, even the Nuggets if they turn it around will be a tough 1st round opponent. Spurs have a sad record against these teams. Sppurs have regressed A LOT this season and it's plain as day. What's sad is that the front office isn't doing everything in its power to fix it and is instead going for a "we'll use waht we have and go for it, if not then there's always next year" attitude. Not good for a franchise with 3 rings and a premier big man in his prime. :rolleyes

Dirk41MVP
02-01-2007, 05:58 PM
you got owned by a team without their best player and you still want to make excuses ? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, get a grasp, the days of your "glorious team" dominating the NBA are over. You get 0 production from everybody outside of TP, TD and ocasionally EG... that won't get them pretty far.

LilMissSPURfect
02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe there is another way to look at this loss to Utah.........

Yeah a WIN over the SPURS for UTAH.........

bigfundamental21
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
The loss last night was just a result of poor execution. If these Spurs want to be a playoff contender, they cannot play like that. Tonight's game is a huge test and if we come out on top, it will be a huge confidence builder. We HAVE to beat the suns.

Holt's Cat
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Losing to the Jazz without Boozer? That's pretty bad, considering right now is all about shaking out of the funk and getting back to playing Spurs basketball. It definitely put that win at LA in perspective.