PDA

View Full Version : I think the problem is that we have too many creators

ginobili fan
02-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Let Tony be the main creator,give him the last ball.
Because each time tony handles the ball,manu is like a status.
Each time the ball is in the hands of manu or tim in the money time(like always) tony is like a status.
Then it's like the spurs are playing with only two stars when it really counts.

Just give Tony his real role,give him the ball more,especially in the 4th quarter
I think he's actually a point guard,no? :dizzy

Then manu can really concentrate on his defense and on finishing.
That could also make him more consistent.
Then,manu should shoot more,especially to the detriment of bruce bowen

boutons_
02-01-2007, 09:30 AM
The Spurs often have very little off-ball movement with the intention of creating an opening. You'll see a single Spur moving, but it's a robotic, mechanical move as part of a rigid play, with nobody looking for anything to happen until the play is complete and the play's final options are presented.

Of course, throwing the ball to Tim kills ball movement completely, while the other 4 players stand around, the defense adjusts, and Tim does nothing for 5+ seconds.

Texas_Ranger
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I would rather give the ball to Duncan.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 10:49 AM
How about just grabbing some rebounds instead of worrying about all that?

When the Spurs lose, it's usually because they suck on the boards.

Budkin
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Exactly Kori. We got outrebounded buy a huge margin and only lost by 4. It was the same story in the Dallas series last year. All the games save for one were close and we only won the rebounding battle in one of them. If we could actually grab boards we would be winning by comfortable margins. What I'm wondering still is why we didn't do anything about it in the offseason.

WalterBenitez
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I would rather give the ball to Duncan.

Exactly ... be creative when you need ... otherwise we got a SuperStar let him be that.

Rebounds? we need a better job about that ... Manu sucks for 3 quarters, later I we are lucky he'll be there doing good jobs ... TP you know how fast is the kid ... the real problem is when both of the trio sucks at the same time ...
:bang

bdictjames
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Horry sucks in defensive rebounds. I think Oberto does too. Millsap is on the freethrow line where he is guarded by Duncan, so Duncan does not have time to go inside and grab the loose board. Oh, and the fact that Kirilenko has long hands and Okur pushes everybody around is a big advantage.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
"When the Spurs lose, it's usually because they suck on the boards."

And/or lose in the paint, 26 - 36 last night.

but this has become less true as the Spurs have become very dependent on 3Gs vs a couple years ago.

Axl Van Dam
02-01-2007, 06:42 PM

:toast Amen to that. To quote Pat Riley from the 80's "No Rebounds, No Rings".

Timmy!
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Bring back the Worm! :hungry: