PDA

View Full Version : All Stars

Gino20
02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing good and you still support our Spurs. It still is premature to give the trophy to any team in the league. Let that team earn it in June. Anyway, I wanted to hear who you think will make the All Star team. The west is stacked! Does anyone think that Manu or Tony have a shot at making it?

My reserves for the west are:
G: Nash/Iverson
F: Marion/Boozer
C: Amare
WC:Howard/Melo

However, since Yao and Boozer are out what happens next? I am guessing Amare will replace Yao in the starting lineup. If I have to choose two more players to fill their roles, I would go with either Manu or Tony and someone else...

nkdlunch
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Parker will make the allstar 100% sure of it. manu will not 99% sure of it.

polandprzem
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Boozer out and Iver probably out also and definately NBA forum
if any

Gino20
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Since Boozer and Yao are out, there will be two replacements right? If so, will they be announced tonight or no?

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Since Boozer and Yao are out, there will be two replacements right? If so, will they be announced tonight or no?

All the reserves will be announced tonight. I am not sure if they will announce Yao's replacement tonight though.

LEONARD
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
JHo got crazy game... :fro

Has to be 2 Mavs and 2 Suns...Howard and Marion...

Dirk and Nash not starting (and Shaq on the team!) is just more proof that the NBA needs to revamp the All-Star voting system...it's a joke...

and yes, Parker is definitely worthy...Manu? I don't think so this year...

Gino20
02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry, I sound as if Boozer will make it. I am sure he will, but you never know with these things...I forgout about Dirk! Sorry, forget Marion! Dirk/Boozer! Sorry Mav fans!

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Sorry, I sound as if Boozer will make it. I am sure he will, but you never know with these things...I forgout about Dirk! Sorry, forget Marion! Dirk/Boozer! Sorry Mav fans!

Well I don't think they'll name Boozer now since he's out for 4-5 weeks. Maybe they'll name him and replace him - I'm not sure how that works.

What do you guys think about McGrady? Amare?

kolko
02-01-2007, 11:37 AM
McGrady is a starter

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 11:39 AM
McGrady is a starter
:lol

Sorry I meant Iverson.

polandprzem
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
:lol

Sorry I meant Iverson.

Iverson is happy to be involved with this

:D

FromWayDowntown
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
All the reserves will be announced tonight. I am not sure if they will announce Yao's replacement tonight though.

The reserves announced tonight will be those voted to be there by the coaches. Boozer is likely to be one of them. But since he won't be able to play, his replacement will be named by the Commissioner, just like Yao's. I guess it's possible that the Commissioner will have already made those decisions, but usual protocol (IIRC) is that the guys voted by the coaches to be reserves get their own night of glory and then, shortly thereafter, the Commissioner names the replacements.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Tony should make it. If it wasn't for him we would have lost by a bigger margin last night. He was on a mission on that 8 point run or so he did late in the 4th. Being that we're not playing up to our standards he may be overlooked.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
The reserves announced tonight will be those voted to be there by the coaches. Boozer is likely to be one of them. But since he won't be able to play, his replacement will be named by the Commissioner, just like Yao's. I guess it's possible that the Commissioner will have already made those decisions, but usual protocol (IIRC) is that the guys voted by the coaches to be reserves get their own night of glory and then, shortly thereafter, the Commissioner names the replacements.

My question was that maybe since they know Boozer is out, they would just go to the next guy down the coaches' list, but that doesn't make much sense.
Your way sounds logical.

So, is Iverson supposed to be missing significant time? or his injury day to day?

fred33
02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
for the last spot is between tony ray allen and mehmet okur

johnpaulwall21
02-01-2007, 02:10 PM

Allen will get it if it comes down to this. since he is well known. :wakeup

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 02:18 PM

I don't think it's down to those three. I don't even think Okur is under consideration.

I think these 6 will get named as reserves for sure:
Nash
Dirk
Boozer
Iverson
Amare
JHoward

Then the 7th reserve should be one of Marion and Carmelo. (I lean toward Carmelo, but who knows).

Then they'll have to pick two replacements for Boozer and Yao.

And those could be the other one of Marion/Melo, Tony, Manu, Ray Allen, Zach Randolph, Marcus Camby, Deron Williams ... who else.

The West is deep.

FromWayDowntown
02-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I could see the Commissioner choosing someone like Okur/Camby to replace Yao; a few years ago, when Shaq was out for the All-Star Game, Stern chose Vlade Divac as an injury replacement though there were forwards in the West who had better numbers. A center for a center -- I don't recall all of Stern's other injury appointments, but I'd wonder how much position factors into the selections. If it is a significant factor, I'd think Tony's chances to make the team are fairly small.

Of course, the league is all about glitz and glamour right now, and Tony brings his fair share of both these days.

timvp
02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
If the All-Star game is on ABC, Tony has a pretty good chance of getting named by David Stern. ABC wouldn't want to miss out on those marketing angles.

fred33
02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
BOOZER AND YAO ARE OUT so carmelo and marion are in so one last spot for randolph parker ray allen okur or d williams and maybe a utah pick for their good season

fred33
02-01-2007, 02:42 PM
no camby 3 nuggets it's a shame!!!!

timvp
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh and Camby has no chance to make the team. A .500 team that is freefalling out of the playoffs isn't going to get three All-Stars.

fred33
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
and not so sure for carmelo....

smeagol
02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Manny was right. I don't think Manu will ever make it to another ASG.

rednecksbasketball
02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Utahjazz.com is reporting that both Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur have been selected to be on the All star team.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Utahjazz.com is reporting that both Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur have been selected to be on the All star team.

So they picked Okur over Amare? Or Okur to replace Yao?

rednecksbasketball
02-01-2007, 03:00 PM
They didnt say who else got selected, just those two. the link goes back to the page for the starters.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
They didnt say who else got selected, just those two. the link goes back to the page for the starters.

Yeah I just saw that.

Interesting if they were both named as reserves. I would think that means they didn't pick Amare. (Though I would think, then he'd be named as Yao's replacement.)

fred33
02-01-2007, 03:13 PM
i think amare will be selected

fred33
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
2 pick for stern so one is amare the other i think will be a guard

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
My question was that maybe since they know Boozer is out, they would just go to the next guy down the coaches' list, but that doesn't make much sense.
Your way sounds logical.

So, is Iverson supposed to be missing significant time? or his injury day to day?

Iverson should play next game, its nothing serious.

mikejones99
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Okur should make it cuz he is the MVP. Carmello missed too many games.

dg7md
02-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Ray Allen should be on the team.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Can someone please post the All Star reserves as they are announced on TNT? Thanks

dimsah
02-01-2007, 07:11 PM
bump

any names given yet?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 07:13 PM
eastern stars are done- East: Carter, Kidd, O'Neal, Billups, Hamilton, Howard, Butler

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Ai in!! and Melo will surely replace Boozer or Yao