PDA

View Full Version : I don't usually complain but

Rummpd
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Sat in a DC area sportsbar watching the Spurs with two very knowledgeable NBA fans and the total agreement was that the Spurs seeminlgy got hammered time and time again with no fouls called. Moreover without the sound on we absolutely could not figure out several strange turnover calls at important times.

To me it looked like a thugging not NBA basketball most of the time - ok time to stop whinning but Spurs deserve credit for a great comeback despite the loss and the outcome that seemingly was out of their hands.

SAGambler
02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
3rd quarter. If the Spurs could just skip the damn third quarter.

Seems like every night they turn cold for the first 5 or 6 minutes.

Luckily they have a big lead many times, and it allows the other team to come back. But without the big lead, they always end up starting the 4th in a hole.

And yeah, that game was physical last night. Some of the calls.....hmmmmmm? Don't want to blame the refs, but it was a horribly called game.

LEONARD
02-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Wah

ploto
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
The day Spurs fans complain that a game was too physical defensively is a sad day.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Spurs shot 25% in the 3rd, which is horrible, but coupled with getting only 8 ORBs for 38 missed shots in the game, it was fatal.

ponky
02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
To me it looked like a thugging not NBA basketball most of the time -

maybe you should get your eyes checked. just kidding, sorta'. the jazz love to play physical games, particularly boozer but also the other guys. they weren't robbing you of anything but it probably just seemed that way because of their style of play.

bdictjames
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
If Boozer were in, would we have won the game? Mehmet wouldn't have THAT many touches.

diego
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
the problem is we never hit them back. if we did, the refs would have been forced to make calls before the game got out of hand.

we let them go over the back for boards way too much. If our guys would have held position instead of shrinking under their guys we wouldnt have been so badly outrebounded

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I like when Tim went off on that one dude. Araujo? He wasn't having any of that mess. That's pretty rare for Tim outside of the playoffs.

ponky
02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I like when Tim went off on that one dude. Araujo? He wasn't having any of that mess. That's pretty rare for Tim outside of the playoffs.

went off on him verbally or via his game? i thought he looked frustrated when he got slapped on the hand because it was the second time araujo was playing physical defense...it's not like he didn't get the foul call on araujo, what more did he want?

mabber
02-01-2007, 02:55 PM
the problem is we never hit them back. if we did, the refs would have been forced to make calls before the game got out of hand.

we let them go over the back for boards way too much. If our guys would have held position instead of shrinking under their guys we wouldnt have been so badly outrebounded

All of this is right on the mark. You have to play rough against the Jazz as they will definitely be playing rough against you. They're incredible hacks, but when you push back they don't like it so much. The Mavs played really soft vs. them the first time they played them this year and got whipped. The next time they were ready and played a very physical game and Utah couldn't handle and the Mavs won (in Utah).

Utah is very physical and I wouldn't want to meet them in the playoffs just cuz they would definitely wear on you over the course of a series. I have not doubt that the Spurs & Mavs would both beat the Jazz in a playoff series but it would take something out of them to do it.

cheguevara
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
The day Spurs fans complain that a game was too physical defensively is a sad day.

exactly. Spurs gave this game away because they played like pussies.

fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 03:02 PM
The Jazz and Mavs game was extremely physical. Personally I think the Jazz play a thuggish game. Lots of holding and slapping. Borderline excessive fouls. Sloan must preach this to his players. Will get under skin of opponents. More like street ball.

Crookshanks
02-01-2007, 04:16 PM
The Jazz and Mavs game was extremely physical. Personally I think the Jazz play a thuggish game. Lots of holding and slapping. Borderline excessive fouls. Sloan must preach this to his players. Will get under skin of opponents. More like street ball.
Jerry Sloan's teams always play a very physical type of basketball - much like street ball. That being said, the Spurs are capable of giving as good as they get - they just didn't do it last night and they got out hustled.

SequSpur
02-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Is this a blame refs topic?

Dirk41MVP
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
AK-47 got hammered more than all your whinnie spurs combined and he never got a FT... DEAL WITH IT!!