PDA

View Full Version : 65-year-old Man Strangles Pit Bull During Attack

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a7dd33e7-8515-4526-ada5-9c3bd35cee86

http://www.centralmediaserver.com/woai/vonpardue.jpg

A 65-year-old retired truck driver who was attacked by a pit bulldog during a neighborhood walk choked the dog to death as he defended himself.

Von Pardue of Conroe was on his routine morning walk yesterday when the dog attacked him.

Pardue says he fought the dog off and then dragged him by the collar to his nearby house where his wife called police.

Police say Pardue had such a tight grip that he accidentally choked the dog.

Pardue suffered bites on his arms and hands.

Police say the dog's owners could face misdemeanor charges for having a dog at large or for having a dangerous dog.

The Conroe City Council is set to vote next week on a proposed dangerous dog ordinance that would require such dogs to be kept in a secure enclosure.

-

Information from: Houston Chronicle, http://www.chron.com

u2sarajevo
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Is PETA getting a lawsuit together?

Are they holding a candlelight vigil for the pit bull?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM

they probably are those tree-hugging bastards. kill a human. protect fido.

Spurfect
02-01-2007, 12:47 PM
well, I guess he saved the city the money it would take to put that dog down.

Fillmoe
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
that old man is a bitch... i would have bit the dog in the neck and made sure he never attacked anyone again

Sportcamper
02-01-2007, 01:14 PM
This is so wrong! That Pit Bull Had Rights!

cornbread
02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Depending on the circumstances, the owner of the dog should be prosecuted, sued, whatever.

A friend of mine is an elementary school teacher in Austin. Some idiot's pitbull got out and attacked a small child in front of the school. A father of one of the students had to strangle the dog with his belt because the dog would not respond to repeated heavy blows to the head. I realize it's very popular to have pitbulls these days but if your dog nearly kills an innocent person then the owner should have to man up.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
dude 1 > chuck norris 0

Viva Las Espuelas
02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
This is so wrong! That Pit Bull Had Rights!I really hope you're kidding.

desflood
02-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I've got $20 says the owners of the dog sue the guy for wrongful death of their pet and the value of the dog.

Jack Bauer
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
that old man is a bitch... i would have bit the dog in the neck and made sure he never attacked anyone again

Copycat. That's one tough old guy.

boutons_
02-01-2007, 02:49 PM
"he accidentally choked the dog."

Anybody belive the "accidentally"? I don't.

If I were he, the death wouldn't be accidental.

AlamoSpursFan
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
"he accidentally choked the dog."

Any body belive the "accidentally"? I don't.

If I were he, it wouldn't be accidental.

I was thinking the same thing...accidentally my ass.

:lol

That pit bull fucked with the wrong trucker!!!

:clap

02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
That pretty much guarantees that no kid will EVER get on his lawn.

tlongII
02-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Props to that dude! That is one tough MOFO!

Slomo
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
65 year old ex truck drivers shouldn't be allowed in suburban areas!

And their families should be obligated by law to take special courses about how to handle them before they reach that age.

E20
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/Adragontattoo/Digi%20pics%20to%20be%20sorted/Random%20stuff/01nm8.gif

Off topic but, GOD DAMN, if that isn't supposed to be a joke or comedy, then GOD DAMN.

AlamoSpursFan
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
65 year old ex truck drivers shouldn't be allowed in suburban areas!

And their families should be obligated by law to take special courses about how to handle them before they reach that age.

Dammit, Slomo...

:lmao

(We need an *I just spit beer all over my screen AGAIN* smiley...)

Bob Lanier
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Are they holding a candlelight vigil for the pit bull?
PETA actually supports pit bull genocide, as they consider pit bulls psychotic, unnatural killing machines, so one can assume they approve of Mr Pardue's actions.

resistanze
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Does a 65 year old ex-truck driver have to CHOKE A BITCH??

mavs>spurs2
02-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Lol maybe a 1/4 pit bull 3/4 chihuahua mix....at least the guy is ok.

ALVAREZ6
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Who gives a fuck even if it wasn't accidental? He had every right to kill the fucker right then and there. Self defense.

I personally would have curb-stomped the little bitch.

cornbread
02-01-2007, 11:13 PM
PETA actually supports pit bull genocide, as they consider pit bulls psychotic, unnatural killing machines, so one can assume they approve of Mr Pardue's actions.
I thought they were for the total liberation of all animals. It wouldn't suprise me if they took a hypocritical stance on an issue though.

Bob Lanier
02-01-2007, 11:32 PM
The stance is only hypocritical from a certain point of view. From the perspective that pit bulls have been tortured and twisted into beings incapable of being anything other than a persistent danger, it's more or less consistent.

Here's the article in question.http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/08/EDGDLD4G1S1.DTL&type=printable

Melmart1
02-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I know I am likely opening a can of worms here... but since nobody else has...

This in now way proves that pit bulls are dangerous animals to humans. Only to other animals!!!

Guru of Nothing
02-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I've planned this out in advance. If a Pit Bull comes after me, he or she gets a thumb in each eye. ... or maybe I could snap a leg in half.

cornbread
02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
The stance is only hypocritical from a certain point of view. From the perspective that pit bulls have been tortured and twisted into beings incapable of being anything other than a persistent danger, it's more or less consistent.

Here's the article in question.http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/08/EDGDLD4G1S1.DTL&type=printable

:lol :lol :lol PETA is such a fucking joke. Their mission statement is the complete liberation of all animals. All animals. This includes hamsters, hermit crabs, milk cows, canaries, seeing eye dogs (yes, seeing eye dogs), gold fish, etc. But pitbulls are the exception because they're mean and mistreated??? This sounds like somebody doesn't mind playing God. That or she's just a total hypocrite because she herself was attacked at one point in her life and the idea of a bunch pitbulls running free gives poor Ingrid flashback nightmares.

PETA is all about making exceptions to their firm stances on "animal cruelty" when it fits the personal agendas of their higher-ups.

I thought it was hillarious how in paragraph 4 she gives broad generalizations and backs them up with NOTHING.

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 09:27 AM

This in now way proves that pit bulls are dangerous animals to humans. Only to other animals!!!
What the hell are you talking about?

AlamoSpursFan
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM

I think she's trying to say that truckers are animals, baby!

(In which case, I resemble that remark...)

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I've planned this out in advance. If a Pit Bull comes after me, he or she gets a thumb in each eye. ... or maybe I could snap a leg in half.
Or a powerful kick to the head as it rushes up to you. Should knock it out, if not, more boots to the face.

AlamoSpursFan
02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I had a friend (an experienced dog handler) who got knocked down and almost mauled by a Doberman once...he very slowly reached up and grabbed the dog's nuts and applied instant pressure. End of near mauling.

InRareForm
05-12-2017, 09:38 PM
http://abc7.com/news/3-pit-bulls-shot-by-police-after-attacking-man-killing-dog-in-dtla/1976289/

3 pit bulls shot by police

illusioNtEk
05-12-2017, 10:10 PM
http://abc7.com/news/3-pit-bulls-shot-by-police-after-attacking-man-killing-dog-in-dtla/1976289/

3 pit bulls shot by police

Why would you post on a 10 year old dead thread? Who gives a fuck about dogs

lefty
05-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Lmao

DMC
05-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Two of the pit bulls that attacked the man and his dog are dead, police said. A third was transported for surgery by animal services.
:bang

SpursforSix
05-14-2017, 05:56 AM
Two of the pit bulls that attacked the man and his dog are dead, police said. A third was transported for surgery by animal services.
:bang

Maybe he'll live to see a trial. Let's just hope he didn't get a good look at the cop.

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Officers tried clubbing the dogs repeatedly in an attempt to save the man before drawing their weapons and firing at the animals.

they're cops, not animal control. they are neither trained nor equipped to deal with them another way. i'm a dog lover, but this is a non-story

Avante
05-14-2017, 11:16 PM
I've never seen a young guy all tatted out with his pants hanging off his ass walking a poddle on a lease.

I've also never seen a little old lady walking a pit bull on a lease.

Hmmmmm?

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 11:24 PM
I've never seen a young guy all tatted out with his pants hanging off his ass walking a poddle on a lease.

I've also never seen a little old lady walking a pit bull on a lease.

Hmmmmm?you dont go out often

Avante
05-14-2017, 11:59 PM
you dont go out often

So you have seen little old ladies walking pit bulls and young cats all tatted out with their pants hanging half way off their ass walking a poodle, really?

Little man, where have I been the last week?

Blake
05-15-2017, 12:08 AM

Floyd Pacquiao
05-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Pitbulls should be eradicated.

Avante
05-15-2017, 12:30 AM
Pit bulls can't be inside the city limits. If ya own a farm/ranch.....cool. Ya live out in the country....cool.

Knew an old guy who hunted wild pig with pit bulls.

spurraider21
05-15-2017, 01:18 AM
So you have seen little old ladies walking pit bulls and young cats all tatted out with their pants hanging half way off their ass walking a poodle, really?

Little man, where have I been the last week?my gf has a pitbull and her mom walks it all the time :lol... so not only have i seen one but i know one personally. your anecdotal "i havent seen one" is completely meaningless

Avante
05-15-2017, 01:30 AM
my gf has a pitbull and her mom walks it all the time :lol... so not only have i seen one but i know one personally. your anecdotal "i havent seen one" is completely meaningless

Something tells me you're not old enought to have a gf who has a little OLD lady as a mom. So what's really meaningless is you ignoring what I said.

spurraider21
05-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Something tells me you're not old enought to have a gf who has a little OLD lady as a mom. So what's really meaningless is you ignoring what I said.depends on what you qualify as old. she's close to 60.

Avante
05-15-2017, 01:41 AM
depends on what you qualify as old. she's close to 60.

That's not old. And if you asked her....do you think of yourself as a little old lady....she will tell you....nope~~~

Dude, ya always have some weird need to prove Avante wrong, why?

And, come on guy you got my point, so why act stupid about it? FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more young thugs own pit bulls than little old ladies, right?

spurraider21
05-15-2017, 01:53 AM
neither of us could possibly know that. you're going off "what you've seen" which is anecdotal. same for me.

Avante
05-15-2017, 01:59 AM
neither of us could possibly know that. you're going off "what you've seen" which is anecdotal. same for me.

You're not one for simply common sense are you?

We have a car load of young black guys, would ya guess they are listening to...

country
classics
old blues
punk
rap
heavy metal

Four passengers on a bus one is a basketball player, is it the short Mexican, the little Chinaman, the 7 foot black guy or the fat Italian?

Blake
05-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Avante lives in the hood

lebomb
05-15-2017, 11:39 AM
my gf has a pitbull and her mom walks it all the time

It will bite her legs off real soon.

InRareForm
06-01-2017, 08:55 PM
http://abc7.com/news/pit-bull-shot-by-off-duty-officer-near-ghirardelli-shop-in-hollywood/2061391/

Wtf is a pit doing in a chocolate shop

Mitch
06-01-2017, 10:00 PM
http://abc7.com/news/pit-bull-shot-by-off-duty-officer-near-ghirardelli-shop-in-hollywood/2061391/

Wtf is a pit doing in a chocolate shop

That's a pretty messed up scene, dog with a gunshot hole in its face running around the Disney soda fountain with a bunch of kids that must have been there. Two people were bitten by the dog so it has to be put down