PDA

View Full Version : Only one trade option. What would you do?

Spurs Brazil
02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
We have MAJOR problems with the bigs and at backup PG.

And we also need a wing player that can play in the small lineup.

The Spurs have only a small chance to make a trade with the players they have, maybe Barry and Williams.

What would like to get if we can make a trade: a Big Man, a Wing or a backup PG?

Mr. Body
02-01-2007, 01:25 PM
A wing. Which is the hardest for this team to get.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 01:29 PM
By far, a big man.

The Spurs wings can hang. Tony can play mega minutes in the playoffs, and Barry/Manu can get some minutes at backup point.

But the centers are playing badly and I don't know if Pop trusts them, so he still goes small a lot - which of course kills the D and rebounding.

For me, a big man without a doubt.

PM5K
02-01-2007, 01:29 PM
A big man like Rasho that can block shots?

Spurs Brazil
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I agree with Kori.

I thik now, with Manu off the bench, we can be fine there. I'd give Brent some minutes at PG.

But we must get a big man who can reb and play D. Today we have two guys who were the 3rd center option last year in Oberto and Elson

Mr. Body
02-01-2007, 01:42 PM
By far, a big man.

The Spurs wings can hang. Tony can play mega minutes in the playoffs, and Barry/Manu can get some minutes at backup point.

But the centers are playing badly and I don't know if Pop trusts them, so he still goes small a lot - which of course kills the D and rebounding.

For me, a big man without a doubt.

A good wing would help fix that. Go small with a talented wing and we're in better shape. Pop isn't going to go away from his small ball approach.

cheguevara
02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
A BIG man? so he can sit on the bench when Pop goes smal??

A backup true PG if not possible, then an athletic wingman

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I think Pop only goes small because are bigs aren't good. If we had a decent big man, then the Spurs wouldn't need to go small.

I'm not saying a plodding, old fashioned center. I'd rather have a good PF and play Tim at C.

fred33
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
for me good trade for the future of the franchise manu horry - barry or finleyfor pau gasol I m sure MEMPHIS WILL SAY YES

AFBlue
02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
A backup PG hands down! I know Tony plays over 30mpg, but when he's out the offense seems to come to a screetching halt. They may only be 12-15 minutes, but they could be the most critical 12-15 minutes of the game.

AFBlue
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not saying a plodding, old fashioned center. I'd rather have a good PF and play Tim at C.

He plays in Europe this year....sorry :depressed

doldrums
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
for me good trade for the future of the franchise manu horry - barry or finleyfor pau gasol I m sure MEMPHIS WILL SAY YES

And our starting SG will be Eric Williams+Finley or Barry whoever remains. Yeah that appears championship caliber. :lol

wildbill2u
02-01-2007, 10:08 PM
We have MAJOR problems with the bigs and at backup PG.

And we also need a wing player that can play in the small lineup.

The Spurs have only a small chance to make a trade with the players they have, maybe Barry and Williams.

What would like to get if we can make a trade: a Big Man, a Wing or a backup PG?
In such desperate straits, the first thing you gotta do is make sure your speed dialer for McHale and Isaiah is working. Then make the call and they'll make your deal for you.