PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Spurs player charged with assault

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
NEW: Ex-Spurs player charged with assault

Web Posted: 02/01/2007 07:01 AM CST

Marvin Hurst
KENS 5 Eyewitness News

Former San Antonio Spur Alvin Robertson has been arrested again.

Authorities arrested 44-year-old Robertson on a family assault warrant that occurred in August 2006. The warrant was issued in November.

Robertson appeared before a judge Thursday just after 2 a.m. and was also picked up on other warrants after he violating the conditions of 4-year-old bond for driving without a license, evading arrest, violating a protective order and an assault bodily injury charge.

Robertson’s bail has been set at $68,000.

In the early 1990s, he had a string of legal woes connected to a former girlfriend.

Robertson was arrested eight months ago for evading police.

The Spurs drafted Robertson in 1984 and played with five NBA teams during a decade of professional basketball.

During the time he was an NBA All-Star and played on the 1984 U.S. Olympic basketball team.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA020107.sourarrested.kens.3dcf91e5.html

SAtown
02-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Damn. Wasn't Brad Lohaus also arrested for ebay fraud?

spurtime
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
My friend is representing him...I've got some stories.

baseline bum
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Alvin is only 44? Damn... he's been out of the game forever.

Slomo
02-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I bet he's still better than Beno:rolleyes

You're annoying me with your constant bashing of Beno.

Can't we just give the guy some time so he can get married first and then we'll see if he can get arrested for family assault.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Dang. When I saw the thread title I was hoping that Rasho had finally gotten his hands on Stephen A. Smith.

Hope this guy can get his life in order.

KEDA
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes

You're annoying me with your constant bashing of Beno.

Can't we just give the guy some time so he can get married first and then we'll see if he can get arrested for family assault.

you know good and well if the cops got called to Beno's house they would end up taking the wife to jail for kicking HIS ass.

Slomo
02-01-2007, 05:21 PM
you know good and well if the cops got called to Beno's house they would end up taking the wife to jail for kicking HIS ass.All I'm saying is give him a chance. :lol

WalterBenitez
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Dang. When I saw the thread title I was hoping that Rasho had finally gotten his hands on Stephen A. Smith.

Hope this guy can get his life in order.
:oops

About ex-spur ... I hope he find the rigth way to order his life...sad story.

wildbill2u
02-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I noticed that Alvin wasn't on the Top 30 list the other day. I think he probably contributed more as a Spur in his years here than guys like Chuck Person.

Didn't Alvin get on some Defensive all-Pro lineup or in the All-Star game once or twice? Does anyone know where you could look up stats and awards on players who are way out of the game?

I've been sorry to see how his life has turned out because when I knew him he was a very nice young guy as well as a hell of a guard.

exstatic
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I noticed that Alvin wasn't on the Top 30 list the other day. I think he probably contributed more as a Spur in his years here than guys like Chuck Person.

Didn't Alvin get on some Defensive all-Pro lineup or in the All-Star game once or twice? Does anyone know where you could look up stats and awards on players who are way out of the game?

I've been sorry to see how his life has turned out because when I knew him he was a very nice young guy as well as a hell of a guard.

He made the ASG, and this was during Showtime years. He also made some All Defense teams, and is one of only 4 players with a recorded quadruple double.

BB- yeah, he's been done since '94. If he's 44 now, that would make him washed up at 31.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 10:18 PM

www.basketballreference.com

Absolutely right. Even I forgot about him. Seems because of all the problems he's had we want to sweep him under the rug, but Alvin's contribution as a player easily put him in the top 20 All-Time Spurs, and arguably in the top 10-15.

Defensive Player of the Year, set the NBA record for steals in a season (which still stands) with 301 in 1986. Holds the NBA records for highest average steals per game in a career. Has a quad-double. All-NBA Second team, 1986. Six time 1st or 2nd team all-defense (4 as a Spur). Four-time All-Star (3 as a Spur).

mardigan
02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought this was going to be about David Wingate

mardigan

Absolutely right. Even I forgot about him. Seems because of all the problems he's had we want to sweep him under the rug, but Alvin's contribution as a player easily put him in the top 20 All-Time Spurs, and arguably in the top 10-15.

Defensive Player of the Year, set the NBA record for steals in a season (which still stands) with 301 in 1986. Holds the NBA records for highest average steals per game in a career. Has a quad-double. All-NBA Second team, 1986. Six time 1st or 2nd team all-defense (4 as a Spur). Four-time All-Star (3 as a Spur).
Doesnt he hold the record for most steals in a game as well?

Viva Las Espuelas
My friend is representing him...I've got some stories.Damn. I hope no one from The Bar reads this. Can you say "mistrial"?

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Doesnt he hold the record for most steals in a game as well?Nope, that's another Spur, Larry Kenon.

mardigan
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Good call

exstatic
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I thought this was going to be about David Wingate
The title would have been date rape, not assault.

whottt
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM

I'd imagine that, trouble or not, Alvin probably has a spot reserved for him in the top 10 and ...dude pretty much did nothing but set NBA defensive records, lead the league in every steal category known to man, win awards and make All Star Games, while he was here.

If Alvin Robertson isn't in the top 30 greatest Spurs someone at SA Express news needs to be fired.

whottt
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM

You guys are talking about the SA Express News rankings right?

You seriously don't think he's going to be in the top 10?

Get real...he's probably going to be in the top 5.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't think he'll be above Manu or Tony.

whottt
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Hmmm...tough call, it wouldn't upset me if he did beat them out and it wouldn't upset me if he didn't....

Let's see...you got, Robinson, Gervin, Duncan(sorry Timmy, you get to move up after you retire)...Silas(© ShoogarBear), Elliott, Kenon...Maybe Manu, AJ, TP....

Just based on sheer talent though, I have a hard time rating anyone but the trinity above him.

exstatic
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't think he'll be above Manu or Tony.
..or Tim, David or Ice. Or Sean.

whottt
02-01-2007, 11:04 PM
You compare what Roberton did as a Spur to what Parker and Manu have done...to this point, Robertson did more than both of them...combined. True they won titles...they wouldn't have on Alvin's teams.

And if he drops below them it'll be because of off the court stuff.

Like I said, it won't upset me either way really about he and Manu and Tony's placement, but I do think Robertson's coming up on the list....it'd be a freaking joke if he isn't.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
..or Tim, David or Ice. Or Sean.You askin' for the Captain Obvious? :)

exstatic
02-01-2007, 11:09 PM
You compare what Roberton did as a Spur to what Parker and Manu have done...to this point, Robertson did more than both of them...combined. True they won titles...they wouldn't have on Alvin's teams.

And if he drops below them it'll be because of off the court stuff.

Like I said, it won't upset me either way really about he and Manu and Tony's placement, but I do think Robertson's coming up on the list....it'd be a freaking joke if he isn't.
Oh, I think he'll be on the list, just not any higher than #7.

dallaskd
02-01-2007, 11:10 PM
never heard of him

whottt
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM
As a Spur Robertson made 3 AS Teams, 5 All D Teams, won a DPOY, an MIP and set a few steals record....

How in the hell does that get swept under the rug?

He is the most decorated Spur after Robinson and Duncan er and Gervin.

And he made more AS Games and All NBA D teams in 5 years as a Spur than AJ and Elliott did in their entire careers.

He's also the only player other than HOF Centers to record a quad double.