Elson
Barry
williams
Bowen
Vaughn

OK now start a franchise with that.

MannyIsGod
02-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Horry just won't show up night in and night out. Its the same with Finley. Its sad when Barry is your most consistent bench player because he's really not that consistent. On any given night this team is capable of dominating, but the fact is that the players we have outside of the top 3 just don't bring it on a consistent basis.

We don't even have a player than can be average on a consistent basis.

jaespur21
02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
But hes right. in tonights big game against the Suns Not a single person stepped up other than the "Big 3"

kevm2
02-02-2007, 01:24 AM
When your bench can barely put up 15 against the Phoenix Suns, you know you have a problem.

I can't blame Gino, Parker or Duncan at all. It's just nobody else can score.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Those 3 players are excellent. The rest is trash and crap. Nice roster, Pop!

xamila rey
02-02-2007, 01:27 AM
i feel we are just wasting Duncas last years.

kevm2
02-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey, at least the FO is saving money!

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Can't wait to see the backlash when Duncan says fuck it and walks next year in FA.

phxspurfan
02-02-2007, 01:34 AM
trade for corliss williamson. we would win with him.

ShoogarBear
02-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Can't wait to see the backlash when Duncan says fuck it and walks next year in FA.Are you kidding? That would be Cap Space Paradise! :elephant:elephant:elephant

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Can't wait to see the backlash when Duncan says fuck it and walks next year in FA.

:lol

Put down the pipe.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-02-2007, 01:37 AM
:lol

Put down the pipe.

Duncan almost left once before. You think he is going to be happy pissing away the rest of his career with a bunch of 40 year olds on the wings?

I'm not saying for sure he's going to leave, but damn, unless the front office does something it's going to be a pretty dicey situation next summer when it comes to him re-upping.

Russ
02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Actually, one move may be (might have been) enough. Getting Barbosa, for example, would have made this team look a lot different. It's a thin line between the way things look now and a championship team -- there may even be enough time for it to happen this year.

No time to give up. Despair usually looks foolish in retrospect.

Pugglekicker_21
02-02-2007, 01:59 AM
really? what season?

spurstalk is buzzin with anger and resentment at anything outside of the three, approaching the wee hours and rage is flowing

Russ
02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
One thing the Spurs could use is a "swagger guy" to infuse confidence and energy. Like Speedy Claxton and Jack in '03. Ellie and Jaron Jackson in '99. The Spurs role players act like they're afraid to show emotion and this becomes contagious. The Spurs' "professionalism" may be becoming a liability.

Does James White have any potential for this?

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Are you kidding? That would be Cap Space Paradise! :elephant:elephant:elephant

Payroll paradise. Maybe then I'd get Fancy Feast.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Actually, one move may be (might have been) enough. Getting Barbosa, for example, would have made this team look a lot different. It's a thin line between the way things look now and a championship team -- there may even be enough time for it to happen this year.

No time to give up. Despair usually looks foolish in retrospect.
Fuck Barbosa, that pick was strictly for Phx as stated many times on this board before. The pick we should have gone with that year was Howard, but R.C. didn't want to draft him (Tim and I "think" Pop did)

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 02:11 AM
One thing the Spurs could use is a "swagger guy" to infuse confidence and energy. Like Speedy Claxton and Jack in '03. Ellie and Jaron Jackson in '99. The Spurs role players act like they're afraid to show emotion and this becomes contagious. The Spurs' "professionalism" may be becoming a liability.

Does James White have any potential for this?

The problem is that the Spurs let their #4-6 guys in the rotation get so weak.

Nero
02-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Duncan almost left once before. You think he is going to be happy pissing away the rest of his career with a bunch of 40 year olds on the wings?

I'm not saying for sure he's going to leave, but damn, unless the front office does something it's going to be a pretty dicey situation next summer when it comes to him re-upping.

If the Spurs don't make an effort to sign decent role players, I hope he does leave so I can watch him lead a successful team once again.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Face it, Holt's pockets aren't as deep as Cuban's or Paul Allen's so he will never spend big dough. You have to give the FO credit for doing what they can w/ the little economic resources they have available.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Face it, Holt's pockets aren't as deep as Cuban's or Paul Allen's so he will never spend big dough. You have to give the FO credit for doing what they can w/ the little economic resources they have available.

There's a lot of suspicion here that Holt and Co. are cooking the books to show tight margins when they're actually making plenty of money. There's a lot of justified anger at them for running cheap when having a Tim Duncan on your team is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:16 AM
I love the way he plays, but I still say put Manu on the block this summer while he's healthy and his value is up for a bad ass 2 or 3 that can tear up the scoreboard. One that command double teams if possible. Guys won't be able to clog the lane on Tony and will also give Tim more one on one looks. Tim isn't getting any younger you know.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 02:16 AM
The guy you're describing is Manu Ginobili. You won't likely get anybody for him as good as he is, or as important to this team.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:20 AM
There's a lot of suspicion here that Holt and Co. are cooking the books to show tight margins when they're actually making plenty of money. There's a lot of justified anger at them for running cheap when having a Tim Duncan on your team is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
I mean, he's rich! Don't get me wrong, but I believe there was a thread on here w/ a link once that showed what each owner was worth. Don't remeber what Holt's rank was, but if I'm not mistaken it was pretty low. I love smaller urban areas like SA, which is why I live outside of Houston, but do a lot of business there (I hate big city life). The market isn't what NY, CHI, or LA has... So the owner needs REALLY deep pockets to spend freely (Cuban & Allen).

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:22 AM
The guy you're describing is Manu Ginobili. You won't likely get anybody for him as good as he is, or as important to this team.
Maybe not, but if teams know he's available, we could just see what we're offered in return.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Maybe not, but if teams know he's available, we could just see what we're offered in return.

I'm sure those conversations have already happened.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Hell maybe we could get two nice role players? Never mind, Pop always goes after geriatric guys. We'd end up w/ Jalen Rose and Scott Pollard w/ that fucked up haircut!

Man In Black
02-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Holt cat is worth almost 125 Mill. He ain't a PC Nerd Billionaire like Paul Allen or an Internet Boom Crazyman like Mark Cuban.

The plan was always to go into the future taking advantage of the cap knowing full well that the Big 3 would only be the ones under contract.

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah, but then he'll offer someone a big contract, they'll turn it down and he'll get more crap players. Remember the summer of Kidd + J. O'Neal = Rasho!

jaespur21
02-02-2007, 02:47 AM
With all yall talking about money...DO ANY of yall know our team combined payroll compared to the rest of the league?

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 02:49 AM
With all yall talking about money...DO ANY of yall know our team combined payroll compared to the rest of the league?

Spurs have 10th highest payroll in the league.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

jaespur21
02-02-2007, 03:30 AM
thanks ellis im buzzing here, and i didnt want 2 search that. but with that said, Our team spends enough.

timvp
02-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Devin Brown would at least give this team a Big 3.5

:pctoss

jaespur21
02-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Stephen Jack also would show more game,

phxspurfan
02-02-2007, 01:22 PM

see also

hedo tukoglu
stephen jackson
matt carroll
speedy claxton
derek anderson

41times
02-02-2007, 02:30 PM

I show that Timmy is signed with the Spurs through 2010. He is set to make 22 million that year. So i don't think he can leave even if he wanted to.

jbspurs
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
yeah, nash/stoudemire/marion
unstoppable

MARION? I DON'T THINK SO!!

e_93gsx
02-02-2007, 02:57 PM

:lol And he was sitting at home just wait for someone to call...

baseline bum
02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I show that Timmy is signed with the Spurs through 2010. He is set to make 22 million that year. So i don't think he can leave even if he wanted to.

Tim has an opt out clause at the end of this year I believe. I can't see him exercising it though. Despite our team's absolute assness at spots 5-12, Tim would be hard pressed to find another team with a better present and future than one with a core of him, Parker, and Ginobili, and a max salary contract.

1Parker1
02-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Horry just won't show up night in and night out. Its the same with Finley. Its sad when Barry is your most consistent bench player because he's really not that consistent. On any given night this team is capable of dominating, but the fact is that the players we have outside of the top 3 just don't bring it on a consistent basis.

We don't even have a player than can be average on a consistent basis.

:tu What I'm most amazed about is the fact that we have veteran players, who aren't even new to the system: Oberto, Finley, Horry, Barry, how is it that NOT ONE OF THEM is stepping up over the course of 52 games?

What's more amazing to look at is the Parker, Manu, and Duncan are all three probably playing some of their best ball right now, at the same time. That's why the games are close they way they are. But you can't win with just three guys on offense. Lakers game we won because Finley/Bruce stepped it up offensely. If we had just ONE or even TWO players step up for offensively, the Spurs could easily have 4 or 5 games less on the loss column.

What's mind boggling is how all those players: Beno, Oberto, Finley, Barry, Horry are all having off seasons at the same time? It's already half way into the season, at some point you'd think they'd turn it around.

conversekid
02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
The three are the only ones on the team coming to play, and not for 48 minutes at that. The other 2 starters and the bench are letting Tim, Manu, and Tony down. Bowen has either lost a step, stu got into is head, or his back is still bothering him (or all 3). He looks a step slow on the court. For whatever reason, good shooters rarely flourish on this team (hedo, brent, finley)... they have moments where they play well, but don't play consistent. Maybe it's our system; maybe they get complacent playing the 4th/5th option. Whatever the case, the Spurs need some help outside of the Trio.

nkdlunch
02-03-2007, 01:02 AM
it's not that bad. Barry is satisfactory, and Bowen is Bowen, Horry will somewhat wakeup in the playoffs hopefully. that gives us 6 guys, can we win a championship w/6 guys? probably not, but we won't go down w/out a fight

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 09:57 AM

well,Itīd the big 3 + a decent role player