PDA

View Full Version : No KT, no Raja and "No Defense"..

BillsCarnage
02-02-2007, 01:08 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again... Many Mavs & Spurs fans put way too much emphasis on the early season losses for the Suns.

This team has learned how to close teams out now and is playing much better defense than previous seasons.

sprrs
02-02-2007, 01:10 AM
You have to give the Suns D credit, but the Spurs shot piss poor today.....they missed one wide-open shot after another.

Shank
02-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Why do people keep bringing up Thomas? Is there something I'm missing on this guy?

And please don't act like it was some stellar D that won the game tonight.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Spurs = No Rebounding & No 3-point shooting. :lol

Texas_Ranger
02-02-2007, 01:13 AM
We could not win Utah without Boozer, now we lost against PHX without Bell and Thomas. We just suck.

Xylus
02-02-2007, 01:24 AM
The importance of Kurt Thomas is manifold:

1) He's a fantastic man-to-man defender, especially on centers that aren't extremely athletic.

2) He allows Amare to rest. Furthermore, when Amare knows he has a solid backup in Kurt Thomas coming off the bench, Stoudemire tends to play with a lot more aggression on the defensive end. Kurt Thomas can eat up some of his minutes and fouls, so Amare doesn't have to worry so much about fouling people.

3) Rest. Pure and simple. Kurt Thomas comes in and plays 20 minutes. That's about 4 minutes less for all of our starters.

4) Put KT and Stoudemire out there and you can play Stoudemire and Marion at their natural positions. This way, they don't wear down as quickly against bigger opponents.

5) Thomas' 15-to-18-foot jumper is almost automatic. He makes it just about every time.

Suns fans love Kurt Thomas.

BillsCarnage
02-02-2007, 01:24 AM
You have to give the Suns D credit, but the Spurs shot piss poor today.....they missed one wide-open shot after another.
The Suns have been holding opponents to sub 45% shooting all season, not just this game. The rolls have been reversed for 2yrs. The game was still close w/ about 2:30 left and the Suns closed it out. Something they haven't done in the past against the Spurs or early this season. They are closing games out now, that's my point.

Why do people keep bringing up Thomas? Is there something I'm missing on this guy?

And please don't act like it was some stellar D that won the game tonight.
No, but he is part of the regular rotation and Bell is a starter. So the Suns' "weak bench" (Jones & Barbosa) stepped up tonight.

Spurs = No Rebounding & No 3-point shooting. :lol.
:lol "No Rebounding" That's what Spurs fans have been saying about the for years now. The tables were turned tonight.. FINALLY!
:fro

ChumpDumper
02-02-2007, 01:25 AM
No Bonner!

Yeah, I got nothing.

In a word, yes. You can't click on nba.com and check KT's widget to see what impact he has on the Suns. His numbers will never reflect the player he is.

Keep in mind, prior to Amare signing his mega-deal, Amare personally hand picked KT play center. Thomas allows Amare to play his natural position for the majority of any given game

Xylus
For the first time, it actually looks like the Suns can compete against the Spurs. I don't think I've had that feeling since Barkley was with us.