PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: "if the Spurs are gonna catch the Suns & Mavs..."

Tom_Foolery
02-02-2007, 01:19 AM
"they are going to have to make a trade."-Charles Barkley

I concur.

MannyIsGod
Yeah, if the Spurs are going to catch the Mavs they need a trade. The Suns scare me not at all.

SenorSpur
Truer words have never been spoken

MannyIsGod
02-02-2007, 01:20 AM
I think even with the shit team we have right now, we beat the Suns in a 7 game series.

Horry For 3!
Everyone has been saying that. Barkley is just a bigger name and is on national television.

E20
I think even with the shit team we have right now, we beat the Suns in a 7 game series.
Yeah, I was suprised to see the Suns losing all there games against the 5 elite teams of the West, except for tonight.

SequSpur
02-02-2007, 01:21 AM

:homer

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Decent chance to beat Phoenix as is. Mavs trounce and torture us. Maybe a 5 game series.

We don't make a trade this year, though. I'd be stunned.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Everyone has been saying that. Barkley is just a bigger name and is on national television.

I know. 90% of this forum has been saying that for a while. It's no secret that the Spurs have holes.

Tom_Foolery
02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
I know. 90% of this forum has been saying that for a while. It's no secret that the Spurs have holes.

What would you say are the "holes"?

MannyIsGod
We have nothing to trade. Erick Williams is our most tradeable asset right now. Beno cna't possibly have any value.

mardigan
Back Up Fucking Point Guard

mardigan
02-02-2007, 01:24 AM
We have nothing to trade. Erick Williams is our most tradeable asset right now. Beno cna't possibly have any value.
I know, I cant believe we had a chance to trade him for awhile, and now we couldnt get a second round pick for him

xamila rey
i wonder why Pop is not using Barry as a point guard,
and with Manu next to him.
that would work much better than Beno right now.

Sense

Barkley is just like Stein...

They like the Spurs and they're always legit..

Barkley always, or most of the time speaks the truth, the guy's a basketball genius.

mardigan
02-02-2007, 01:25 AM
^^ Thats a good point, I wonder that myself, the only thing I can think of is his d, but Beno plays none anyway, so I dont see that it matters

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:26 AM

1. No starting center.
2. No backup point guard.
3. Age and inconsistency from the wings.

VaSpursFan
02-02-2007, 01:27 AM
back up PG
swing man
center

pick your order. right now i would say PG because whenever beno fucking useless comes in the game, the lead evaporates.

Xylus
02-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't get it. Houston has a better record than the Lakers and Jazz, and we're 2-0 against Houston. But everytime people talk about the "elite teams of the West," they specifically neglect mentioning Houston at all.

If you include the Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, and Lakers, the Suns are now 3-6 against the top Western teams. Started off slow, but we're climbing that ladder one rung at a time.

Tom_Foolery
02-02-2007, 01:29 AM

Bowen & Williams. Package them for a G/F that can play defense and atleast score 7pts a game and I'll be happy.

Russ
02-02-2007, 01:29 AM
What the Spurs have not done the last couple of years is work young guys into the rotation. They need to find some D league guys that can contribute.

Trades will just beget more fading captrash to stand around and watch the Big 3.

fred33
02-02-2007, 01:30 AM
a good trade for the future of the franchise it's manu oberto and barry for gasol. i'm sure memphis will consider this trade

Nero
02-02-2007, 01:31 AM

1) Lack of rebounding from all positions not held by TD
2) Lack of athletiscm from our wings
3) Servicable PG

Manu and Barry could definitely run the PG better than Udrih or Vaughn.

Pugglekicker_21
02-02-2007, 01:32 AM
i say follow the route of 02-03 and infuse all the youth we have into the lineup and suffer growing pains. they cant be worse than what we're going through right now.

Pugglekicker_21
02-02-2007, 01:34 AM
a good trade for the future of the franchise it's manu oberto and barry for gasol. i'm sure memphis will consider this trade

i heard a rumor that he wanted out. nows is the time to act

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 01:35 AM
back up PG
swing man
center

pick your order. right now i would say PG because whenever beno fucking useless comes in the game, the lead evaporates.
the funny thing is , OTHER TEAMS have to be stupid enough to trade something for those holes!

SenorSpur
02-02-2007, 01:35 AM
There's no way the Spurs can fill the holes on this roster with one trade.

All the blame and my personal "piss and vinegar" to the FO for allowing it to come to this.

Horry For 3!
02-02-2007, 01:38 AM
We need....

Rebounding. Decent back-up PG. Youth.

leemajors
02-02-2007, 01:45 AM
maybe we need John Witherspoon to tell Pop he needs a trade...

http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/40/37/12m.jpg

pking
02-02-2007, 01:57 AM
I don't get it. Houston has a better record than the Lakers and Jazz, and we're 2-0 against Houston. But everytime people talk about the "elite teams of the West," they specifically neglect mentioning Houston at all.

If you include the Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, and Lakers, the Suns are now 3-6 against the top Western teams. Started off slow, but we're climbing that ladder one rung at a time.

I do see what you're saying about Houston, although Yao AND TMac were out in one of those games.

Manu_The _Best
02-02-2007, 02:14 AM
1. No starting center.
2. No backup point guard.
3. Age and inconsistency from the wings.

4. No rebounding.
5. No energy and motivation.
6. No young and athletic players to acquire, and if acquire, Pop becnhes them for good(Ask Butler?).
7. No draft picks.
8. No Money from Holt...

no nothing... :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

sabar
02-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Seriously, this bench is worthless. Throw Butler and White in there. Veteran experience is worthless when you shoot 12% and commit 378 turnovers.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I was suprised to see the Suns losing all there games against the 5 elite teams of the West, except for tonight.

With the exception of the Mavs game in December all those others against the big teams were in the first 2 weeks of the season when the Suns were losing to everyone, including the Clippers.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 02:33 AM
I do see what you're saying about Houston, although Yao AND TMac were out in one of those games.

Yeah, although I think the Suns do well against Yao because of the pace and they can shoot jumpers rather than try and attack him. Still, I watch every Suns game and the Spurs' defense tonight was the best I've seen all season against the Suns. Really made them work for jumpers and caused a lot of pick-and-roll disruptions in the first half. T-Mac scares me though, so I'm glad we caught one without him.

Xylus
02-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Good point. But if you're going to put an asterisk next to that win, you should put an asterisk next to each loss the Suns endured while trying to integrate Amare into the offense (in other words, every loss before they went on that 15-game winning streak).

The Suns have proven over the last few years that Houston can't compete with them in a fast-paced game.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Pop gives Suns props. In response to the question about the doubters of Phoenix's fast-paced style, Pop responded:

"I think it's bull (expletive)," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Good basketball teams are good basketball teams. They are playing better defense now than they've ever before. Offensively, they're more dangerous than they've ever been and tougher to guard than they've ever been. The record they have and the way they've been playing, I honestly don't think it's fool's gold."

DubMcDub
02-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Good point. But if you're going to put an asterisk next to that win, you should put an asterisk next to each loss the Suns endured while trying to integrate Amare into the offense (in other words, every loss before they went on that 15-game winning streak).

The Suns have proven over the last few years that Houston can't compete with them in a fast-paced game.

While you make a semi-valid point, there's a big difference between having one of your best players not fully integrated into the system yet and not having him at all.

Furthermore, if we're gonna play that game, we could say the exact same thing about the Mavs 0-4 start. I don't mind though. Then the Suns and the Mavs can each only have 4 or 5 losses. :toast

Gros Membres!
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
the funny thing is , OTHER TEAMS have to be stupid enough to trade something for those holes!
+1

Spurs will not be able to make a move. Pop and RC are too old school (for my taste, certainly) and don't have enough to offer for starting talent. Unless they clean house...

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 10:35 AM
We need to find an inside player like Lee (nyk) or foster (ind) who will help Duncan out on the boards. These guys have good contracts and probably be had..But then again I am talking about the spurs..

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Remeber when Oberto went 11-for-11 back in November and grabbed every offensive rebound? Well, Spurs won that game by 6, and those 22 points are the difference maker in this 16-point win by the Suns.