PDA

View Full Version : Get Rasho Back Petition!

SequSpur
02-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Sign in here... That mofo was the franchise and we let him go for Boner.

It takes Five. we were fooled!

:elephant

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-02-2007, 01:49 AM
You're a got-damned idjit.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Rasho is anchoring the Raptors fairly well. But yeah, whatever.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:50 AM
After midnight, Sequ goes crazy.

timvp
02-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah, the Spurs really need to become an even worse rebounding team.

:sleep

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 01:51 AM
The Things Could Be Worse contingent has been heard from.

SequSpur
02-02-2007, 01:51 AM

:sleep

This team won almost every game until Rasho was benched for small ball.

They will never be the same without him.

Pugglekicker_21
02-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Anyone besides Oberto or Elson, well maybe not elson

ploto
02-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Raptors vs Suns 1/3/2007
Amare 8 rebounds
Rasho 7 rebounds

Spurs vs Suns 2/1/2007
Amare 23 rebounds

:D

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
even with rasho back, pop is still goin to shove his head up his ass and play small ball

what ever happen to big ball that got us numerous 60 win season campaigns, i just hate it when popabitch trys to adjust to the other teams on court lineups aka small ball.

polandprzem
02-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Raptors vs Suns 1/3/2007
Amare 8 rebounds
Rasho 7 rebounds

Spurs vs Suns 2/1/2007
Amare 23 rebounds

:D
:lol

timvp owned :reading

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 02:03 AM

timvp owned :reading

Rasho - 3.9 rpg - 2005-06

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 02:03 AM
The only difference between Rasho and Elson is thirty nine million dollars (or whatever in Canadian).

ploto
02-02-2007, 02:14 AM
It's about keeping your man off the glass- and many players had below their average rebounds against the Spurs with Rasho.

Okur had 11 rebounds last night (4 offensive) against the Spurs. Against the Raptors in January- he had 3 total rebounds in 38 minutes (0 offensive).

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-02-2007, 02:16 AM
It's about keeping your man off the glass- and many players had below their average rebounds against the Spurs with Rasho.

Okur had 11 rebounds last night (4 offensive) against the Spurs. Against the Raptors in January- he had 3 total rebounds in 38 minutes (0 offensive).

http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/_boozer.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-02-2007, 02:17 AM
ploto, divide the number of posts you have by 100.

Boozer had more rebounds than your answer in the game you referenced.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Rasho is playing decent with the Raptors.

Rasho wasn't earning his money in San Antonio. (Though he's obviously a much better defender than Elson or Oberto).

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-02-2007, 02:18 AM
ploto, Carlos Boozer had more offensive rebounds that night than Rasho averages.

dg7md
02-02-2007, 02:19 AM
But... don't you love BONNER?

RC's Boss
02-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Rasho is playing decent with the Raptors.

Rasho wasn't earning his money in San Antonio. (Though he's obviously a much better defender than Elson or Oberto).
Did Rasho even get minutes against teams like the Suns? I wouldn't be mad if you closed this thread, he must have made a late night margarita run again :toast :lol

polandprzem
02-02-2007, 03:05 AM

:p:

Just teasing with you Kori and timvp, but the spurs are letting everybody rebound more then it is noted in the rule book.

gospursgooo
02-02-2007, 03:41 AM
The Spurs were better off with Rasho. Rasho might be more expensive, but the problem is that Spurs haven't been able to find a decent replacement at a cheaper price.

Dario
02-02-2007, 05:48 AM

Kori i know you know basketball better than just about anybody here, so i know you know better than to post this stats.
Stats are usefull when you talk about rasho and if you want to post stats, i am curious what are rebounding averages as a team this year and last year. What did spurs average and what did average teams playing against spurs.
He never rebounded well, but he always boxed out players and tipped numerous balls to his teammates and that is a ball in your teams hands nevertheless.
He was here for defence and he was setting picks for manu and tony, to me what he did on offence was just a bonus.
And defence wins more games that offence when its all said and done.

Slomo
02-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Well said Dario!

I am, was and will always be a big believer in defense and movement/actions that players do without the ball, so my question is:

Where is the box out and where are the screens this year?

Boxing out seems to be a bad word lately while the screens that are made are simply pathetic. Rasho knew about those, but if you watch previous years so did most of the players on the team. So what's going on?

P.S. Sequ, thanks for the laugh, I was in a pretty shitty mood when I looked at the forum (game at 4:30 am + huge mess at work). :tu :lol

Bruno
02-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Spurs were a worse rebounding last year with Rasho than without him and than this year team. (you can check on 82games)

Rasho was a good defender (great in certain matchups) but he was a poor rebounder even if you consider tipping and boxing out.

Pero
02-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Yeah, but with Rasho, the Spurs were better in regular season...

ploto
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Says the team paying Williams $5M to sit there.

ploto, Carlos Boozer had more offensive rebounds that night than Rasho averages.
Talk to Chris Bosh.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Says the team paying Williams $5M to sit there.And be gone after the season to avoid overpaying Rasho for several more years.

angel_luv
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Rasho is doing great in Toronto. I miss him a lot, but want him to play there.

The Truth #6
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Fuck Rasho and the horse he rode in on.

BgT
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
What makes you think Rasho would want to come back? :lol Rasho was treated like a a piece of shit here, in Toronto he can be relaxed without that small ball BS and matchup BS.
Like their coach said "If I didn't bench him vs. Amare, I'm not benching him vs. other players."

I think this way is best for both teams (ok, even better for Raptors) and for Rasho, too.

To make fun of Rasho even now, when it's obvious that the current C situation is worse than last season is just stupid...

dave
02-02-2007, 01:04 PM
bonners awesome though
i think the spurs would be able to get fred jones for free though

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Says the team paying Williams $5M to sit there.

Come on now. You know the value of having a player making $5M for one year to do nothing, compared someone making $7M+ a year for three more years that you aren't going to use in the postseason.

ploto
02-02-2007, 01:07 PM
What makes you think Rasho would want to come back? :lol Rasho was treated like a a piece of shit here, in Toronto he can be relaxed without that small ball BS and matchup BS.
Like their coach said "If I didn't bench him vs. Amare, I'm not benching him vs. other players."

I think this way is best for both teams (ok, even better for Raptors) and for Rasho, too.
People harrassed me at the time for saying it was a win-win trade. Now it appears it was even better for Toronto than for the Spurs. :D

ploto
02-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Come on now. You know the value of having a player making $5M for one year to do nothing, compared someone making $7M+ a year for three more years that you aren't going to use in the postseason.
If the Spurs were actually going to spend the money on someone else, then yeah. But they aren't. The truth is Rasho does not make that much more than Elson and Oberto combined, and he contributed more to the Spurs than they are together this season.

Kori- you know that I am just having fun. It is enjoyable for a couple of days to see Sequ drooling over Rasho. :)

lefty
02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Rash? Rpators are happy with him ; they won't give him to anyone, because they have been missing a decent center for years (since Antonio Davis left the team).

Mixability
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Fuck Rasho and the horse he rode in on.

:lmao

Texas_Ranger
02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Rasho is better than Oberto. And Nazr is better than Elson. I really don't know wtf were spurs thinking when they traded Rasho for Bonner and Williams. They should rather trade Beno or Barry.

Sportcamper
02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
This forum would have a lot less humor if Sequ & Tlong did not post here...

e_93gsx
02-02-2007, 02:44 PM
One thing I like about Rasho is he is a big boy and can protect the paint. Oberto is to small and Elson is to light.

itzsoweezee
02-02-2007, 02:57 PM
amount of championships won w/ rasho playing = 0

rasho is not the answer. dude's a pussy; has no heart.

i'll take elson over rasho in a second. now only if popovich would fucking play him

intlspurshk
02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
the SPURS are in such plight is mainly because of signing Rasho and locked in that 7m contract for a useless center. This year they needs to pay for their past mistake. Probably is due stupid Pop who flied to Europe to sign this useless player!!!

But this is the price they need to pay to get the opportunity to retool. Very sad.

BgT
02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Lol, these two last comments made me say this: "Like coach like fans." :lol

Kori, I agree with you about the reason why Spurs traded Rasho. But I think if Spurs KNEW they are going to have such center combo this season (without Nazr, too), that they wouldn't accept the trade. The problem is, that Spurs want to win title right NOW, this season, too. Tim is not getting any younger and now it's the time for Spurs to push for the title. The team is in position where "no Tim" means "no win" so I don't really get the "we are buidling the team for 2014/2015". Don't you agree?

RashoFan
02-02-2007, 08:08 PM
You all know I would sign that petition, even though getting Rasho back will not happen.

dave
02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
the SPURS are in such plight is mainly because of signing Rasho and locked in that 7m contract for a useless center. This year they needs to pay for their past mistake. Probably is due stupid Pop who flied to Europe to sign this useless player!!!

But this is the price they need to pay to get the opportunity to retool. Very sad.

huh? pop flied to europe to sign rasho?
i always thought rasho was playing in the NBA prior to joining the spurs, wasn't he with the twolves or something?

The Truth #6
02-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Spurs should have just told Tim to play center and deal with it, and then tried to get a power forward who can rebound. Instead we have two centers who will see much less minutes in the playoffs, mainly because they aren't any good, but we are told to be happy because they are much less expensive, as if the savings will ever amount to anything more than savings for Holt.

BgT
02-03-2007, 02:09 AM
huh? pop flied to europe to sign rasho?
i always thought rasho was playing in the NBA prior to joining the spurs, wasn't he with the twolves or something?
European players are usually not in USA during offseason. However, Pop only made a small trip on his way back, he was having some conference in Serbia or Croatia anyway, I think.

Slomo
02-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Spurs should have just told Tim to play center and deal with it, and then tried to get a power forward who can rebound. Instead we have two centers who will see much less minutes in the playoffs, mainly because they aren't any good, but we are told to be happy because they are much less expensive, as if the savings will ever amount to anything more than savings for Holt.As long as Tim is the base for the Spurs O, we can't afford to get him into foul trouble. Something that would happen a lot more if he played like a true C.

upTD
02-03-2007, 08:51 AM

no no, you can manage to trade him next year, just overpay him one year or two.

ploto
02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Pop was in Serbia at a coach's conference and drove to Slovenia to meet with Rasho personally. It was never a secret that Pop wanted Rasho on the Spurs, but it meant a lot to a guy like Rasho that a coach like Pop thought enough of him to make that drive and talk to him in person. The funniest thing was Pop being so careful to make sure he had his Time Zones down right and that he didn't contact Rasho too early.

The Truth #6
02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
As long as Tim is the base for the Spurs O, we can't afford to get him into foul trouble. Something that would happen a lot more if he played like a true C.

Doesn't he already play like a true C? Our "real" centers like Oberto and Elson basically get out of his way on offense and do little positive. If we had Tim at Center and a power forward who could rebound and contribute in some manner I think the team would be better off. Oberto is hardly big enough or athletic enough to be considered more than power forward anyway.

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 02:07 AM
amount of championships won w/ rasho playing = 0

This is a moot point BUT Rasho did play in Games 1-4 of the 2005 NBA Finals which the Spurs did win the Championship.
Look it up if you want
http://www.nba.com/finals2005/index.html
:reading

Marcus Bryant
02-04-2007, 02:14 AM
No fan of Rasoslav, but here's another case where the team made itself worse off on the court because of non-basketball reasons.

Lest we forget letting the guy you gave up two 1st rounders for walk after a season and a half.

ploto
02-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Lest we forget letting the guy you gave up two 1st rounders for walk after a season and a half.
All to get rid of Malik's contract...

Marcus Bryant
02-04-2007, 02:32 AM
All to get rid of Malik's contract...

Would they be better off today with two young players brought in with those picks and a Malik Rose who is the quintessential 'small ball' big?

Slomo
02-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Doesn't he already play like a true C? Our "real" centers like Oberto and Elson basically get out of his way on offense and do little positive. If we had Tim at Center and a power forward who could rebound and contribute in some manner I think the team would be better off. Oberto is hardly big enough or athletic enough to be considered more than power forward anyway.On offense yes. Defense no.

WalterBenitez
02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
:oops when this started ... at this point I never imagine missing Rasho (only my sister ... a new Raptor's fan).

Renu_
02-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Raptors vs Hawks

Nesterovic Alley Oop Dunk Shot: Made (8 PTS)
Assist: Ford (6 AST) 8:24
[TOR 42-29]

:downspin:

yeah he's much happier in toronto :toast

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
If we had Rasho, Howard wouldn't of got that dunk. The Spurs would be 5 and 1 on this road trip and we would think Bowen was robbed again of the DPOY.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
If we had Rasho, Howard wouldn't of got that dunk. The Spurs would be 5 and 1 on this road trip and we would think Bowen was robbed again of the DPOY.

I thought Rasho only sold cotton candy in Club 200.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought Rasho only sold cotton candy in Club 200.

I was wrong. Imagine that. :sequ

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I was wrong. Imagine that. :sequ

:dizzy It's so hard to imagine. You? Wrong? Say it isn't so. :sequ :sequ :sequ

timvp
02-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Uh, Dwight Howard was 13-for-14 on Rasho's azz a couple days ago. And the last time the Spurs lost off an inbounds pass was when your boy Rasho let Bogut get an alleyoop at the buzzer.

Slo spurs fan
02-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Uh, Dwight Howard was 13-for-14 on Rasho's azz a couple days ago.
True, but Raptors won that game anyway, And Rasho was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in that game than Oberto or Elson was against Orlando.

ploto
02-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Uh, Dwight Howard was 13-for-14 on Rasho's azz a couple days ago.
It wasn't all on Rasho's time, and the main point is the Raptors WON!

Actually in December the Raptors beat Orlando in Orlando without Bosh and Rasho holding Howard to 6-17 shooting.

Raptors beat the Lakers, too, and it didn't require a miracle in overtime.