PDA

View Full Version : Amare bitter at Gino even after game...

Big Shot Rob
02-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Check out this article...I guess he wants the league to bust Ginobili's balls...

Stoudemire was assessed a technical after a collision with Ginobili with 9:07 remaining. Ginobili drove toward the basket, leaped to shoot and caught Stoudemire in the groin with a knee as Stoudemire delivered a hand to the Spurs' guard's face. "I think they're on purpose," Stoudemire said of Ginobili's leading knees. "He's a flopper and likes to cause contact." Said Ginobili, "I think I was in motion before he came. I had of course no intention of hurting anybody."

Xylus
02-02-2007, 03:23 AM
I'd be mad too if Ginobili hit me that hard in the groin. Did you see him after the technical was assessed? Amare fell to the ground clutching his crotch. That one'll hurt in the morning!

Kind of strange, though--during the postgame interview, Amare admitted that it was probably unintentional. Must have had a change of heart while hitting the showers.

sghspurs
02-02-2007, 03:26 AM
There is no way in hell that was intentional. It would piss me off to get hit in the junk like that too, but he was already in motion and amare jumped up and it was just a case of wrong place at the wrong time. Move on Amare, you won.

Greg Oden
02-02-2007, 03:32 AM
bs

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2007, 03:32 AM
amare another pussy

jaespur21
02-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Did you see him after the technical was assessed? Amare fell to the ground clutching his crotch. That one'll hurt in the morning!

F that. he was ready 2 fight after he got up. talk about acting was his crying on the floor.

sabar
02-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Remember, if you jump in the way of a moving car, it's their fault you got hurt.

aaronstampler
02-02-2007, 03:35 AM
the fans pretty much booed gino every time he touched the ball after that. He is not exactly a fan favorite and I don't think many players in the league respect him either. So Spurs fans have to be extra kind and supportive, because he won't get it anywhere else.

sghspurs
02-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Don't try to block Manu's shot or he'll kick you in the balls.

sghspurs
02-02-2007, 03:39 AM
I wonder if Stu Jackson is going to look at that tape too. :rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 03:40 AM
bah! amare did it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 03:41 AM
the fans pretty much booed gino every time he touched the ball after that. He is not exactly a fan favorite and I don't think many players in the league respect him either. So Spurs fans have to be extra kind and supportive, because he won't get it anywhere else.
Manu should take those Boos as a compliment. It means he scares the other teams.

Besides, I think Manu has respect from lots of players, they acknowledge he can ball.

Amare's kind of dumb, so...

Xylus
02-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Amare might be mad about it, but it's apparent to me that Ginobili didn't intentionally knee him in the groin. A little unfair that Amare got called for the T and the foul, but what're you gonna do.

No suspension necessary for this one.

judaspriestess
02-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Amare's 30 second delay was pretty suspect. He gets pissed, gets a technical then starts rolling around on the ground? It looked like a case of incidental contact in the air. Move on......

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Amare's 30 second delay was pretty suspect. He gets pissed, gets a technical then starts rolling around on the ground? It looked like a case of incidental contact in the air. Move on......

15 seconds max. Adrenaline might have supressed it for a little bit. You see him pretty soon after he is pulled away from Manu start to double over in pain and then the next time they come back to him, he's on the ground. I've seen guys on the ground longer for wimpier shots. The way his knee went into him, it just kept riding up there as Ginobili was rising himself so that was a really, really hard shot. Not intentional, but not a "suspect" 30 seconds. If you time it, you'll see Bavetta steps in front of him and Amare doesn't even know he's gotten a tech because he's bending over in obvious pain.

WalterBenitez
02-02-2007, 05:20 AM
a game suspension is coming?

1Parker1
02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Kind of strange, though--during the postgame interview, Amare admitted that it was probably unintentional. Must have had a change of heart while hitting the showers.

Read again. That was a quote by Ginobili saying it was unintentional. Amare's a classless A-hole.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 07:48 AM
No, after the the game wrap up Amare admitted, "it probably wasn't intentional" or something, well he said it in a way that his teammates or whoever wanted to calm him down, were telling him that, and he didn't really believe it. Well if you get the exact quote, "well it happened, don't know if it was intentional" or something..I don't remember.

And I guess from that quote, Amare changed his mind after taking a shower, and wasn't rationalizing it, and called Manu "a flopper" in his statement, as if to imply Manu looks to kick people in the crotch when he goes up. Come on, Manu's aggressive and physical, and not a saint (he won't back down), but I don't think he has malicious intent. (And that's pretty malicious if he was meaning to do that.)

I'm a fan of Amare's game, but that said, Amare's not that bright. Like with those push-ups when he came fresh into the league. I don't think he's being classless there. I just think he's kinda dumb.

ploto
02-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Read again. That was a quote by Ginobili saying it was unintentional.
And Kobe said it was unintentional, too.

picnroll
02-02-2007, 09:26 AM
I'd be mad too if Ginobili hit me that hard in the groin. Did you see him after the technical was assessed? Amare fell to the ground clutching his crotch. That one'll hurt in the morning!

Amare immediately gets up and looks like he's going to go after Manu. THen about twenty seconds later he falls on the ground writhing in pain. How fucking gay is Amare?
:lol

Duncanoypi
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Amare has no balls....How the hell Manu can hit him in that part?WTF!

Timmy!
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Bruised ovaries

smeagol
02-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Fuck you Amare

Borosai
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Walk it off.

TMTTRIO
02-02-2007, 11:07 AM
yeah even ESPN said that he's the top most hated NBA player in the league. Of course like Manu said he never came to the NBA to make friends:lol.

Bartzini
02-02-2007, 11:40 AM
you guys act like you have never gotten hit in the balls before.

The stomache pain doesnt hit right way...it ALWAYS has a few second delay.

I think Amare is dumb as a rock too, but the delay is as expected in my opinion.

Obiously Ginobili didn't hit him on purpose....he is a very unconventional, slashing, cutting type of player. he is gonna get in contact alot just from the way he threads defenses..

suck it up...

PS: I also dont think kobe hit him in the eye on purpose...just part of the game.

tsb2000
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Memo to Amare- this is a man's game. Stop whining and play like a man! Did Manu cry like a bitch after Kobe hit him? No, he even said "that's basketball," and that Kobe shouldn't have got the suspension.

What a bitch Amare is.

SAGambler
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
PS: I also dont think kobe hit him in the eye on purpose...just part of the game.

I don't think Kobe intentionally meant to catch him in the face, but Kobe should also know better than to throw those elbows outward, like he did.

Sure, he was probably just trying to make some contact and hopefully get a foul call, although I don't know why he thought they would give it to him after the ball was blocked.

But the official line is, anytime you end up going to another players head, intentional or not, there is going to be a price to pay.

lefty
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Apparently, Mr push-ups drinks too much coffee :dizzy

PhxDog
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Manu should take those Boos as a compliment. It means he scares the other teams.
More specifically, he scares them right in the balls.

samikeyp
02-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Amare might be mad about it, but it's apparent to me that Ginobili didn't intentionally knee him in the groin. A little unfair that Amare got called for the T and the foul, but what're you gonna do.

No suspension necessary for this one.

I agree with this. I would be pissed too if I took that shot in the nutz but once the game was over and saw that my team won...its all good. I also think his T should be erased.

scarab21
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but a couple of years ago against Phoenix in the playoffs did Stephen Hunter not extend his leg and kick Tim Duncan in the groin? I didn't see Tim going all ape shit like Amare did after getting hit.

dave
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
i don't mind ginobili (his flopping) anymore ever since seeing dwyane wade play

phxspurfan
02-02-2007, 02:00 PM
merrr amare sucks even tho i have a picture of him posterizing someone in my sig errr

Marcus Bryant
02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Stoudemire has no problem flexing, doing a set of pushups, or generally trying to show up the other team. But if someone actually goes hard to the hole, it's unacceptable.

What a fucking bitch.

tmtcsc
02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey wait a second ! No one's asking how Gino's knee feels this morning. :p:

Good Gawd, could you imagine the bellyaching if he had to play against Karl Malone ? That dude led with his Hong Kong Phooey knees, legs and elbows.

What a bitch. He's a great player, but c'mon. Amare, you just jumped into a player who got a black eye from blocking a shot !!!

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey wait a second ! No one's asking how Gino's knee feels this morning. :p:

Good Gawd, could you imagine the bellyaching if he had to play against Karl Malone ? That dude led with his Hong Kong Phooey knees, legs and elbows.

What a bitch. He's a great player, but c'mon. Amare, you just jumped into a player who got a black eye from blocking a shot !!!

If you watch it, he definitely leads with his knee. How do you expect Amare to notice that when he's focusing on the ball (the one in Manu's hand, I mean)?

The problem was he hit Amare as he was rising, so his knee just keeps rising into his crotch as well. I don't blame him for the 10 second delay until it kicked in because that must have hurt.

jbspurs
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
F that. he was ready 2 fight after he got up. talk about acting was his crying on the floor.

I don't think it was acting, sometimes it'll take few seconds until you feel the real pain.

diego
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
those euro softies sure are ruining the game with their complaining :rolleyes

I guess big bad amare forgets stephen hunter kicking duncan in the balls, or bell kicking yao in the balls (the worst of all since it was intentional and recent). Im sure he was complaining to the league to ensure the safety of his colleagues. dumba**

tmtcsc
02-02-2007, 04:41 PM
If you watch it, he definitely leads with his knee. How do you expect Amare to notice that when he's focusing on the ball (the one in Manu's hand, I mean)?

The problem was he hit Amare as he was rising, so his knee just keeps rising into his crotch as well. I don't blame him for the 10 second delay until it kicked in because that must have hurt.

I have no doubt that it hurt. It looked painful. I just don't think it merited the theatrics. It was an accident, it was unintentional. How do you not lead with your knee when you jump towards something while trying to elevate. That's almost impossible. Karl Malone would lead with his foot. Now that is avoidable.

MrChug
02-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't try to block Manu's shot or he'll kick you in the balls.

We should send THAT to the league front office!!!!

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't think it was intentional, but if it was, he should have beaten Manu's ass. That crap looked like it HURT. I'd rather get punched in the face multiple times then be kneed in the balls.

nkdlunch
02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I used to like Amare, but now I can see the injuy has tuned him into a pussy.Or maybe it's for haning out too much with Marion,Nash, Bell.

OMG he got kicked in the balls, let's make a big deal out of i! fuck you pussy, grow up.

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I used to like Amare, but now I can see the injuy has tuned him into a pussy.Or maybe it's for haning out too much with Marion,Nash, Bell.

OMG he got kicked in the balls, let's make a big deal out of i! fuck you pussy, grow up.

You must be a woman, because anyone with balls knows that its a big deal to big kicked like that. I cringed just watching.

nkdlunch
02-02-2007, 05:26 PM
You must be a woman, because anyone with balls knows that its a big deal to big kicked like that. I cringed just watching.

u must be another pussy. I been kicked in the balls and it hurts like shit, tears come out. But I wouldn't cry about it after the game and insult the other player, since it was clearly unintentional. that's fag shit.

oh nevermind, MAV FAN, that explains it

cheguevara
02-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Not only should Manu get an apology from Amare's behaviour, he should get payment for the Vasectomy :lol

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 05:29 PM
u must be another pussy. I been kicked in the balls and it hurts like shit, tears come out. But I wouldn't cry about it after the game and insult the other player, since it was clearly unintentional. that's fag shit.

If he's telling the truth and Manu really did kick him in the balls, he has every right to be pissed. Like I already said, I don't think it was intentional, but I wasn't there I don't know for sure. If it's anything purposely dirty like Bruce Bowen putting his foot under jump shooters then he deserves a suspension.

lefty
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but a couple of years ago against Phoenix in the playoffs did Stephen Hunter not extend his leg and kick Tim Duncan in the groin? I didn't see Tim going all ape shit like Amare did after getting hit.

TRUE!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap
Amare=pussy!!!

nkdlunch
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
If he's telling the truth and Manu really did kick him in the balls, he has every right to be pissed. Like I already said, I don't think it was intentional, but I wasn't there I don't know for sure.

you don't have to be there to know it was unintentional. This game was televised onHD and u can see the replay frame by frame. come on

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 05:33 PM
you don't have to be there to know it was unintentional. This game was televised onHD and u can see the replay frame by frame. come on

I don't think it was intentional but we all know what a great actor Manu is, so I guess you can't be 100% sure.

lefty
02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, it can't be worse than Jason Terry punching Finley where it hurts....

Xylus
02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Stephen Hunter doesn't exactly have a reputation as a flopper/injurer like Manu does...

Barbosa's injury last year caused by a Manu flop is still fresh in the minds of Suns fans and players. Seeing him go up and castrate Amare just fueled an already steady fire.

TMTTRIO
02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/suns/suns_spurs_070201.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

Here's Amare's and Manu's interview about it starting at the 13:15 minute mark. Makes me respect Manu a lot. He gets banged up and injured all the time and he at least doesn't blame anyone for it. Even when we played Denver in the playoffs when he got raped by KM, CA, and the other player he said it wasn't a big deal at all. Amare needs to grow up. I saw that after that happened he wanted to go right at Manu and attack him. Luckily Tim was standing between Manu and him. Everyone's starting to call Manu a dirty player too. I've never seen so much hatred for Manu

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm at work, could you sum up in a nutshell what Amare said?

at the end of the game he seemed cool with it but in the AP post game report he seems to think it was intentional

picnroll
02-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Amare get down on your knees and thank God that Malone is retired. Knee anywhere from the balls to the chest was his signature move.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 06:59 PM

You must not have any balls because just watching that was painful. Although I agree it was not intentional and the leaque should rescind the tech on Amare.

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Rescind the T for what? Him being a fool?

That's terminal.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Rescind the T for what? Him being a fool?

That's terminal.

Bavetta blew the whistle before he knew what had happened. If he would have seen what happen on that play I doubt a technical would have been called.

lefty
02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Stephen Hunter doesn't exactly have a reputation as a flopper/injurer like Manu does...

Barbosa's injury last year caused by a Manu flop is still fresh in the minds of Suns fans and players. Seeing him go up and castrate Amare just fueled an already steady fire.

It as not intentional!!!!!!!!!!!! Manu flops yes, but he didn't hurt Amare on purpose....

cheguevara
02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Amare is a fucking PUSSY with a capital P!!!!

THese young bucks don't even know how good they have it. Imagine Amare playing vs. the old Celtic teams, or the old Pistons, or even vs. Karl Malone :lol

He would pee in his panties, because those ppl would not only deliver knees in the balls, but elbows, and even teeth.

WalterBenitez
02-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Amare has no balls....How the hell Manu can hit him in that part?WTF!
:dramaquee Oh man you are right

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM

THese young bucks don't even know how good they have it. Imagine Amare playing vs. the old Celtic teams, or the old Pistons, or even vs. Karl Malone :lol

He would pee in his panties, because those ppl would not only deliver knees in the balls, but elbows, and even teeth.

Stop living in the past. That NBA does not exist anymore. :lol

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 07:41 PM

What are you 50?

Xylus
02-02-2007, 07:51 PM
It as not intentional!!!!!!!!!!!! Manu flops yes, but he didn't hurt Amare on purpose....
I never said it was (in fact, I said it wasn't in another topic).

I was merely explaining the not-so-loving relationship between Manu and the Suns.

E20
02-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Man, Ginobili is my fucking son BOI, if you want get to him you gotta get through me first patna. Bring your weak ass shit over here Amare Stoudamire and I'll fucking fart on you.

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Man, Ginobili is my fucking son BOI, if you want get to him you gotta get through me first patna. Bring your weak ass shit over here Amare Stoudamire and I'll fucking fart on you.

I'll waste you and that bitch manu.

E20
02-02-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll waste you and that bitch manu.
Back to reality...........I'll PISS ON YOU.

mavs>spurs2
02-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Back to reality...........I'll PISS ON YOU.

Pssssshhh............don't talk back to daddy like that son.

BUMP
02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
if Kobe got suspended for some BS like that, than Manu should too.

fair is fair

TMTTRIO
02-03-2007, 12:35 AM
well if you want to make it fair is if you watch the replay Manu is hit hard in the face again by Amare before he gets kneed

nkdlunch
02-03-2007, 12:58 AM
if Kobe got suspended for some BS like that, than Manu should too.

fair is fair

Fair is fair? then Gayson Terry should have been suspended at least 2 games for punching Finley in the Nuts. fair is fair.

mavs>spurs2
02-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Fair is fair? then Gayson Terry should have been suspended at least 2 games for punching Finley in the Nuts. fair is fair.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN......just like a spur fan to live in the past.

Oh yea, and gayson terry? what kind of lame attempt at smack talk is that?
Did your mom help you think that one up?

nkdlunch
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
SHOULD HAVE BEEN......just like a spur fan to live in the past.

Oh yea, and gayson terry? what kind of lame attempt at smack talk is that?
Did your mom help you think that one up?

nah it was ur mama, after I changed her oil

exstatic
02-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Bavetta blew the whistle before he knew what had happened. If he would have seen what happen on that play I doubt a technical would have been called.
Amare got up ready to fight, due to game contact. That's what the 'T' was for, and it shouldn't be rescinded. The league is GOING to get the fighting under control, and the first step is to stop all of this incessant, punk-ass posturing after game contact.

As for the Kobe comparisons, if Manu had kneed him ABOVE THE SHOULDERS, I'd agree with a suspension. Since that wasn't the case, there is very little likelihood of it happening. The league should suspend LeBron for that cheap-ass clothesline of Wade. I won't hold my breath waitng for the Golden Child to be suspended, though.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-03-2007, 02:01 AM
It was about as intentional as Amare clearing out with his off-arm while he posterizes people. Or Nash using his forearm to keep Parker off him all game.

Johnny RIngo
02-03-2007, 08:02 AM

Difference is Duncan's got class. Amare's just an overgrown bitch. Faggot should have stayed injured if he's too afraid to play some physical basketball.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
as an outside observer of this, i didnt think it was an intentional shot to the pills. but i did cringe when i saw it. and i would have been mad too, and im not surprised that he is angry.

yes, but he is a PROFESSIONAL. Pros don't get all temper-tantrum when they get hurt and scream obscenities at the other player, guaranteeing a technical foul and hurting their team. That's what children do on the playground. Amare shows zero professionalism, maturity, or team leadership.

Contrast his behavior with how Ginobili reacted to taking a shot to the face from Kobe. No yelling, no finger-pointing, no fake rushes at him (making sure teammates could "restrain" him before he got there), no anger. Just, hey, getting hit is part of the game, let's recover and get back in there and win this thing.

THAT is how a PRO handles it.

it is impossible to say if it was avoidable on manus part, as it was very well placed.

Get real. He was rising for a layup. He was jumping off his plant foot and raising his other leg -- that's how a one-footed jump works, watch any basketball player shooting a layup. He was going straight towards the basket. He was fouled by Amare jumping in front of him.

Was is "avoidable"? Well, Ginobili could have pulled back from his layup attempt when he saw Amare coming. But that's not what you do in basketball! He was trying to (a) get fouled and (b) make the bucket anyway. What was he supposed to do? He had the clear path to the basket and Amare was fouling him. Midair collisions on layups happen all the time.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM

This "Barbosa was injured by a Manu flop" is a mythical narrative that is, when objectively viewed, FALSE. It's just used by Suns fans to whip themselves into some kind of childish frenzy about the evil Spurs.

If you actually view the videotape, Ginobili is not "flopping". He wasn't even really in the play. He was just standing in the paint, someone on the Suns nailed him and knocked him backwards into Barbosa. Ginobili was as surprised as anyone.

It's physics. Ginobili is pretty light and skinny. When one of these big guys nails him in the paint he's going to go flying.

AZLouis
02-03-2007, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5MznmWpSc

Check out Manu when goes in for a layup. Watch that left knee.

He always does his layups in that fashion.

Let's move on.

TMTTRIO
02-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Watch how Amare shoves Manu in the face as he's going up for the layup first

smeagol
02-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Fuck Amare and fuck the Suns fans. Bunch of pussies.

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Amare got up ready to fight, due to game contact. That's what the 'T' was for, and it shouldn't be rescinded. The league is GOING to get the fighting under control, and the first step is to stop all of this incessant, punk-ass posturing after game contact.

As for the Kobe comparisons, if Manu had kneed him ABOVE THE SHOULDERS, I'd agree with a suspension. Since that wasn't the case, there is very little likelihood of it happening. The league should suspend LeBron for that cheap-ass clothesline of Wade. I won't hold my breath waitng for the Golden Child to be suspended, though.

Mikki Moore of the Nets was in kind of the same thing when he got hit by Nocioni of the Bulls he got the tech but the leaque rescinded it when the saw the film. So it has been done.

mabber
02-03-2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5MznmWpSc

Check out Manu when goes in for a layup. Watch that left knee.

He always does his layups in that fashion.

Let's move on.

Yeah, I have no problem with that play. Manu goes to the hoop that way a lot. I think it's really to protect his own nads :lol Plus, it will make the next guy that wants to get in his way to think twice. If I were a Spur's fan I'd have loved that play and if I were a Sun's fan I'd just tell Amare to suck it up.

With that said...CAN YOU IMAGINE if someone did that to Manu. There would be 10 threads-20+ pages long calling for the head of whoever did that to their beloved Manu :lol

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
With that said...CAN YOU IMAGINE if someone did that to Manu. There would be 10 threads-20+ pages long calling for the head of whoever did that to their beloved Manu :lol

They have done this and worse to Manu, many times.

He gets up and goes to the foul line and makes his free throws.

He doesn't complain, much less be pseudo-aggressive towards the perpetrator. (This waiting-to-rush-him-until-your-teammates-can-restrain-you thing is pathetic.)

nkdlunch
02-08-2007, 10:05 AM

yup, they do worse to manu especially in the playoffs, we don't have a panic attack like Suns fans. Suns fans are pussies.

LilMissSPURfect
02-08-2007, 10:16 AM
yup, they do worse to manu especially in the playoffs, we don't have a panic attack like Suns fans. Suns fans are pussies.

:tu

:baby :nutkick:

5ToolMan
02-08-2007, 11:39 AM

Sun's have a victim's mentality. If they would learn to man it up and play the physical game of hoops like men, they may grow to where they can make more of an impact in the playoffs.

Because being crying like little girls is woven in the fabric of players, coaches and fans expect the Suns post season to be another wimper and poof ... wait until next year ... bla ... bla ... bla.

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
They have done this and worse to Manu, many times.

He gets up and goes to the foul line and makes his free throws.

He doesn't complain, much less be pseudo-aggressive towards the perpetrator. (This waiting-to-rush-him-until-your-teammates-can-restrain-you thing is pathetic.)

I'll never forget his effort in Games 3 and 4 of the Denver series in 2005, when he was getting pushed and shoved and hurled to the floor, even taking a clearly-deliberate flagrant foul, without ever saying a word of complaint about it. It doesn't matter how Manu is hit -- and he's hit a lot by opponents -- dude just gets off the floor, shoots his free throws and gets after it on the other end. I'm sure that's annoying as hell to fans of other teams, but nothing -- nothing -- seems to faze Manu at all.

mabber
02-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I'll never forget his effort in Games 3 and 4 of the Denver series in 2005, when he was getting pushed and shoved and hurled to the floor, even taking a clearly-deliberate flagrant foul, without ever saying a word of complaint about it. It doesn't matter how Manu is hit -- and he's hit a lot by opponents -- dude just gets off the floor, shoots his free throws and gets after it on the other end. I'm sure that's annoying as hell to fans of other teams, but nothing -- nothing -- seems to faze Manu at all.

Doesn't annoy me at all. I respect the hell out of Ginobli. Too bad superstars like Duncan & Dirk can't learn from him. It would be nice if they didn't complain everytime they're touched.

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Doesn't annoy me at all. I respect the hell out of Ginobli. Too bad superstars like Duncan & Dirk can't learn from him. It would be nice if they didn't complain everytime they're touched.

On that point, I definitely agree with you.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Actually, I disagree. Manu does his share of complaining to the refs if the foul isn't called. But if the foul is called, he's good with it.

It seems that Euro-leaguers all are like this. I can't remember the last time a Euro-leaguer lashed out at the offender after a hard foul. Can you?

Maybe it's just the way they are coached and trained. Maybe that kind of behavior is looked down upon by Euro players. Any theories?

Lady Marmalade
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Who cares????

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually, I disagree. Manu does his share of complaining to the refs if the foul isn't called. But if the foul is called, he's good with it.

It seems that Euro-leaguers all are like this. I can't remember the last time a Euro-leaguer lashed out at the offender after a hard foul. Can you?

Maybe it's just the way they are coached and trained. Maybe that kind of behavior is looked down upon by Euro players. Any theories?

My point is that Manu doesn't ever jump up and go after other players who get physical with him. He just continues to play.

I also think that Manu has a tendency to try to get clarifications early on, but eventually just shuts up and plays -- more so than perhaps any other Spur right now.

PhxDog
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
My point is that Manu doesn't ever jump up and go after other players who get physical with him.
Of course not. He prefers to wait for his chance, when the other player is vulnerable and Manu himself probably won't get suspended afterward.

But then, nobody's accusing Ginobili of being stupid, right?

WalterBenitez
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Two Suns down unintentionally ... how good would be Manu doing on purpose? :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Of course not. He prefers to wait for his chance, when the other player is vulnerable and Manu himself probably won't get suspended afterward.

But then, nobody's accusing Ginobili of being stupid, right?

Yes, of all the things that he is, Manu without a doubt has the greatest body control in the history of mankind -- so good, in fact, that he can go full speed and manage to control his body into position where he deliberately injures opposing players. Even Jordan couldn't do that.

Manu is truly amazing.

PhxDog
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Your hysterics aren't impressing me, Dick.

I'm sure Manu was pleased as punch when Amare went after him--in addition to the free point, it made a pretty bald statement that there wouldn't be any real retaliation coming. (Not that he had much to worry about anyway, since the Suns' enforcers were both out with injuries at the time.)

RonMexico
02-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Manu may have gotten hit before hard in that Denver series and he just took his licks. That doesn't mean he hasn't complained before and it also means he hasn't gotten hit as hard as he nailed Amare - especially in the "bad region." Show me the video where Manu is hit in the nuts and I'll give it to you, but as of right now, that's how he typically goes up.

Spurs fans seem to think that other teams are just "bitching" when they call out their players. Manu might not be trying to intentionally hurt somebody, but that doesn't mean it's the cleanest play in the world when he lifts his leg high like that. Just like it isn't clean when Bowen supposedly puts his foot under other players' feet. Just like when Josh Howard would trip Shawn Marion every game of the WCF so he couldn't get out on the fast break. Just like Raja Bell when he pulls players into him, then flops and gets a charging call.

Still, stop with this "Amare hits him in the face" crap. Amare couldn't reach any farther because Manu's knee was 3 inches up his scrotum so obviously he's going to hit Manu (who is leaning back at the time - creating even more distance) in the face. Stop acting like someone is a pussy because he jumps up to yell at somebody - he wasn't charging him to hit him or anything, he was just telling Manu to cut that shit out. He got the tech after he kept jawing when he walked towards the Suns' bench - it seems like Bavetta gave him a couple of seconds to cool off and then when he went at it again, he got the whistle.

washingtonwizard
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes, of all the things that he is, Manu without a doubt has the greatest body control in the history of mankind -- so good, in fact, that he can go full speed and manage to control his body into position where he deliberately injures opposing players. Even Jordan couldn't do that.

Manu is truly amazing.

:lol

dave
02-08-2007, 09:03 PM
watch dunleavy
he gets sacked by his own teammate

then proceeds to get all angry but not knowing who did it
\

lol, forgot to mention where to find the video

search youtube for "dunleavy"

TwoHandJam
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
He's played in venues before coming to the NBA where the opposing fans would throw debris at you during the game to say nothing about the dirty tactics the opposing players probably used. I don't think anything he'd see in the NBA would faze him at all.

diego
02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Manu may have gotten hit before hard in that Denver series and he just took his licks. That doesn't mean he hasn't complained before and it also means he hasn't gotten hit as hard as he nailed Amare - especially in the "bad region." Show me the video where Manu is hit in the nuts and I'll give it to you, but as of right now, that's how he typically goes up.

Spurs fans seem to think that other teams are just "bitching" when they call out their players. Manu might not be trying to intentionally hurt somebody, but that doesn't mean it's the cleanest play in the world when he lifts his leg high like that. Just like it isn't clean when Bowen supposedly puts his foot under other players' feet. Just like when Josh Howard would trip Shawn Marion every game of the WCF so he couldn't get out on the fast break. Just like Raja Bell when he pulls players into him, then flops and gets a charging call.

Still, stop with this "Amare hits him in the face" crap. Amare couldn't reach any farther because Manu's knee was 3 inches up his scrotum so obviously he's going to hit Manu (who is leaning back at the time - creating even more distance) in the face. Stop acting like someone is a pussy because he jumps up to yell at somebody - he wasn't charging him to hit him or anything, he was just telling Manu to cut that shit out. He got the tech after he kept jawing when he walked towards the Suns' bench - it seems like Bavetta gave him a couple of seconds to cool off and then when he went at it again, he got the whistle.

go learn what the NBA halfcircle is. you know, the one under the basket. that will help you understand why amare had nothing to complain about.