PDA

View Full Version : Humm...

JPB
02-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I watched Euroleague game Tau (Scola's team) - Le Mans (french team).
That was the last game of the first phase and there was nothing left to hope for both teams. Tau was already qualified for the top 16 and Le Mans already eliminated. No better seed to win for Tau, really nothing.

Still, Scola was playing his ass off in the first three quarters, diving on every loose ball passing by, battling for every rebound, defending very hard, like it was the world champs finale. Tau was up by 25 at halftime, 30 in the third and Scola was still there. He even came back in the fourth, playing still hard the last four minutes while Tau was up 35.
Hummm...

Tau is known for playing hard whatever the circomstances but, I thought about what Bruno said yesterday in the Gasol Thread, that West and Paxson
were in France 2 days ago to see Pau (Mahinmi's team) play. the announcer of Tau's game also said that there will be a lot of scouts for the next 2 weeks in France and Spain because of the french cup and el copa del rey which allow to see in a very short time the best teams of these 2 countries.

Hummm... I know some journalists who would start a rumor with less than that.... H

Hummm....

Bruno
02-02-2007, 06:44 AM
A lot of interesting prospects in this game : Bokolo, Batum, Splitter, Teletovic...

JPB
02-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Yeah Teletovic and not teletubbies as George Eddy tried to joke about.

I'm not sold on Bokolo yet. He has to work on his ball handling and his decisions. I like Batum. he has real facilities and easyness.

I was really suprised that Scola finished the game. That's really risky considering there was absolutely no stake.