PDA

View Full Version : Suns are Classless

1Parker1
02-02-2007, 07:40 AM
I think almost everyone figured the Spurs were going to lose last night. Though I am happy they managed to stay in it for as long as they did.

However, did anyone else notice towards the end of the game, when the Spurs were pulling away, just how classless they reacted?

The camera panned to Raja Bell on the bench and you clearly saw him mouth the words, "Crush them MotherF*ckers!"

Amare with his unnecessasry emphatic dunk towards then end when the Suns were up 12 with 28 seconds.

Even Steve Nash trying to make a nifty pass, etc. and score towards the end.

There were plenty of other things also towards the end of the game. Suns are surprisingly one of the most classless teams in the NBA, IMO after what I saw yesterday. I still remember the push-ups Amare did two years ago after a foul. I can udnerstand if they have some championships to back that swagger, but I thought that was very disrespectful to an opponent.

Did anyone else see these things and feel the same way?

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2007, 07:43 AM
duncan shouldve sucker punch them for statpadding the score...

RS189
02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
go cry some more

1Parker1
02-02-2007, 07:46 AM
It wasn't even just the stat=padding. It was their reactions, Amare's quotes even after the game, Raja Bell's reactions, all of it. I understand you're happy since you beat a team you're historically 3-7 against, but that was truly disrespectful against a quality, veteran championship team like the Spurs. Especially considering they were in the game for the most part.

mavsfan1000
02-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Ah need a tissue? Tough loss but don't bring class into this. The Spurs aren't exactly that classy either.

Nero
02-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Who cares. Amare is not an asshole. He's just one of the dumbest guys in the league.

boutons_
02-02-2007, 07:52 AM
"when the Spurs were pulling away"

?? do you mean when the Spurs were pulling down their shorts and bending over?

As with the Repugs and Enron, the tone is set at the top.
Classy Chicken Man sets the tone for the Suns.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Well I think the Spurs kinda allowed them to get taken advantage of, they kinda set themselves up for the Suns and the crowd loved it.

I think the Spurs did just as much damage as the Suns did, they tried to run and gun forgetting that Bowen and all those old farts payed, had no legs at the end to shoot.

boutons_
02-02-2007, 07:59 AM
"quality, veteran championship team like the Spurs"

.... "you only as good as your last game". The 07 Spurs are not a quality nor a championship team anymore.

Last May they were, but this season, the wheels have come of the franchise.
It's incredible that they've fallen so far in so short a time, with no relief in sight.

It will be interesting to see if Captain Pop can patch up holes and right the ship over the next couple of years, or whether he even sticks around. He certainly doesn't need the money. I wonder if he'll put up with the aggro and frustration of re-building, of finding 5 rotation players to go with Tim, Tony, and Manu, by next November?

ploto
02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I think almost everyone figured the Spurs were going to lose last night. Though I am happy they managed to stay in it for as long as they did.

However, did anyone else notice towards the end of the game, when the Spurs were pulling away, just how classless they reacted?

The camera panned to Raja Bell on the bench and you clearly saw him mouth the words, "Crush them MotherF*ckers!"

And you don't think any player on the Spurs has ever said something similiar in a huddle or on the bench? And at least they had the idea that you crush a team- you put them away.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2007, 08:07 AM
I saw Rasho say it several times.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I think its time for Spurs fans to accept the reality that they really arent that good. Mavs and Suns are the top dogs in the west as the Spurs are just too old. Back to back or not the Spurs current roster is not going to beat the suns in a series. :lol Hell I think Houston/Lakers would take you out in round 1 (or come so fucking close to it). I really wanted the Mavs to be the team to give the spurs a 2001 type ass beating but sadly another team will do that! :depressed :depressed :pctoss

Kamnik
02-02-2007, 08:12 AM
i dont see anything wrong in trying to entertain home crowd with good passes even if the game is ending

Nash is a great person and MVP this year if you ask me

p.s.

Amare is the only Sun i dislike; dumb as a brick

polandprzem
02-02-2007, 08:37 AM

Amare with his unnecessasry emphatic dunk towards then end when the Suns were up 12 with 28 seconds.

There were plenty of other things also towards the end of the game. Suns are surprisingly one of the most classless teams in the NBA, IMO after what I saw yesterday. I still remember the push-ups Amare did two years ago after a foul. I can udnerstand if they have some championships to back that swagger, but I thought that was very disrespectful to an opponent.

I'm not feeling that way.
That's how you build the confidence, and phoenix are playing with lot of emotions, many great teams were that way

MacGyver
02-02-2007, 08:39 AM
When exactly was Amare doing pushups vs Spurs?

JMarkJohns
02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
When exactly was Amare doing pushups vs Spurs?

Two years ago in Phoenix. He was fouled and knocked to the floor. While down, he did several pushups, got up and promtly missed two FTs that would have either given Phoenix the lead or sealed the deal. I can't remember which. I try my damnedest to forget the game that Manu raped my Suns.

G-Nob
02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I believe

LO77
02-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm sure they were trying to run it up. Especially with Ginobili drop kicking Amare in the groin.....dirty plays get you no mercy.

to21
02-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I really wanted the Mavs to be the team to give the spurs a 2001 type ass beating but sadly another team will do that! :depressed :depressed :pctoss

I really want the Spurs to be the team to give the Mavs a 2005 type choke job but sadly another team will do that! :depressed :depressed :pctoss

dougp
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Ah need a tissue? Tough loss but don't bring class into this. The Spurs aren't exactly that classy either.
Coming from a Mavs fan, the most classless organization in the game. What's wrong, still can't find a Mavs forum as good as SpursTalk? :rolleyes

MoSpur
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I saw 1Parker1. I was surprised. Very surprised. They did go a little overboard in scoring/dunking when the game was already over. The Spurs kept turning the ball over and were too tired to run back on defense though. Its cool. Phoenix and Mavs fans can have their fun now in the regular season. I still have the confidence that the Spurs will put it together when it counts.

Mavs fans are right that the Suns and Mavs are top dogs right now, but we'll see when it really counts.

mountainballer
02-02-2007, 10:28 AM
sorry, but what is more "classless" than fans whining that the other team didn't show enough mercy?
ridiculous.

Budkin
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
After seeing this game there is no doubt in my mind we could beat the Suns in a 7 game series with the team we have right now. All we need is like ONE guy from our bench to step up.

ctpsb
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM

...It's not a clean hit," says one Democratic strategist, suggesting that Democrats who take aim at Republicans over Enron will inevitably hit some fellow Democrats, too. Why, even New York Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton received $950 from Enron. Ted Kennedy got $1,000. Harry Reid also took in $1,000, while Ernest Hollings got $3,500, Byron Dorgan got $3,500, and Bob Graham got $8,000. Those numbers are roughly comparable to Republicans Rick Santorum, who received $1,000, Trent Lott, who took in $2,000, Jim Inhofe, who received $2,550, and Don Nickles, who got $7,000.... - Byron York National Review.

However I do agree with your general point about setting the tone from the top. Sarver is an idiot. I've never understood that about the Suns, they go around (except maybe Nash) with major attitude and yet never even been to the Finals.

ctpsb
02-02-2007, 10:50 AM
"quality, veteran championship team like the Spurs"

.... "you only as good as your last game". The 07 Spurs are not a quality nor a championship team anymore.

Last May they were, but this season, the wheels have come of the franchise.
It's incredible that they've fallen so far in so short a time, with no relief in sight.

It will be interesting to see if Captain Pop can patch up holes and right the ship over the next couple of years, or whether he even sticks around. He certainly doesn't need the money. I wonder if he'll put up with the aggro and frustration of re-building, of finding 5 rotation players to go with Tim, Tony, and Manu, by next November?

This is so true. I'm stunned how far they've fallen in such a short time. My main concern going into this year was how close the refs would let anybody get to Dirk (6 inches this year or not even within a foot now?). But this goes beyond the refs and Mavs now. This team is just bad now. I thought it would happen in a couple of years or due to injury if before then. Did Bruce and Barry get that bad that fast?!

I guess jettisoning both your starting centers and switching to a completely different style of play will do that.

LEONARD
02-02-2007, 10:50 AM
and it the Spurs were pulling away, dunking, celebrating, and in SA with the fans going crazy...you'd have been pumping your fist in your living room...

GET OVER IT

MoSpur
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
and it the Spurs were pulling away, dunking, celebrating, and in SA with the fans going crazy...you'd have been pumping your fist in your living room...

GET OVER IT

Its an opinion of mine wuss. There is nothing I need to get over. I stated the Spurs looked too tired to run back on defense and kept turning the ball over and therefore the Suns kept getting easy baskets. You talk a lot of smack for a team that hasn't done anything yet. Dallas and Phoenix always have good regular seasons. Great ones. They have yet to get over the hump though. This year might be their year, but we still have to see.

LEONARD
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Its an opinion of mine wuss. There is nothing I need to get over. I stated the Spurs looked too tired to run back on defense and kept turning the ball over and therefore the Suns kept getting easy baskets. You talk a lot of smack for a team that hasn't done anything yet. Dallas and Phoenix always have good regular seasons. Great ones. They have yet to get over the hump though. This year might be their year, but we still have to see.

and my statement is still valid...you would've been fist pumping and high fiving if the roles were reversed...

Not talking smack, just stating a fact...it's the way sports fans are... :toast

Rydia
02-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Same thoughts here...but you forgot something...

When Amare did his push-ups last year he couldn't even make the free throws after them...AWESOME! Bunch of losers :p:

angel_luv
02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't know girls. I was more upset about our guys letting themselves be repeatedly dunked on than I was the Suns taking advantage of open opportunities.

King
02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
People play the 'class' card too much. They ran up the score a little bit - so what? It's not like they were up by 50 and kept the starters in. They added a couple points for excitement. They were giving their fans what they wanted to see.

The Truth #6
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
They don't know how to slow it down. I agree with King, the class card is played way too much, and I would add, only when convenient. The win was an important test for them.

Rydia
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
People play the 'class' card too much. They ran up the score a little bit - so what? It's not like they were up by 50 and kept the starters in. They added a couple points for excitement. They were giving their fans what they wanted to see.

I dunno, When there is 28 seconds left...Tony is just dribbling obviously the game is over. To try and steal it then DUNK and show off is just mean. It's too bad they aren't that good-to win and have class.

I am a proud Spurs fan! :dizzy

MoSpur
02-02-2007, 11:35 AM
and my statement is still valid...you would've been fist pumping and high fiving if the roles were reversed...

Not talking smack, just stating a fact...it's the way sports fans are... :toast

Actually, I love when Tony or someone is just dribbling the ball when the game is just about over because it means the game is over and there is no need to score. It means they did enough to win and there is no need for anything else. I'm not mad at Suns fans or even Mavs fans for being all excited about the dunks at the end. Just think its pointless, but that's just my opinion.

mabber
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Who cares. Amare is not an asshole. He's just one of the dumbest guys in the league.

Yeah, Amare doesn't seem to be that intelligent but he sure can rebound. Everytime I see him interviewed I always come away thinking he's kind of stupid but that I'd still like him on my team :lol

cornbread
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
The Suns aren't classless. It was a heated game and their guys played with a passionate hatred that I wish our guys would show every once in a while. They didn't do anything illegal. Our guys gave up before the game was even over.

mabber
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I totally agree with this.

AZLouis
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
So Amare and the Suns are classless because Amare dunked the ball with 29 seconds on the clock? Oh and Raja Bell cursed (that's probably unheard of in sports).

Here's the last 1:36 according to espn.com

1:36 87-95 Amare Stoudemire defensive rebound
1:19 87-97 Steve Nash makes 19-foot jumper
1:13 Bruce Bowen misses 24-foot three point jumper 87-97
1:10 87-97 Boris Diaw defensive rebound
0:48 87-97 Leandro Barbosa misses layup
0:48 87-99 Amare Stoudemire makes two point shot
0:48 87-99 Amare Stoudemire offensive rebound
0:41 Tony Parker misses layup 87-99
0:40 87-99 Amare Stoudemire defensive rebound
0:29 87-101 Amare Stoudemire makes slam dunk (Boris Diaw assists)
0:21 Tony Parker bad pass (Leandro Barbosa steals) 87-101
0:18 Manu Ginobili personal foul (Leandro Barbosa draws the foul) 87-101
0:18 87-102 Leandro Barbosa makes free throw 1 of 2
0:18 87-103 Leandro Barbosa makes free throw 2 of 2
0:08 Tony Parker traveling 87-103

da_suns_fan__
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59403

RS189
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I still have the confidence that the Spurs will put it together when it counts.

Mavs fans are right that the Suns and Mavs are top dogs right now, but we'll see when it really counts.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

you guys are all the same

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59403

Spurs fans: Get over the pushups!!!

There now I saved bandwidth wow, that was really easy.

tlongII
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
My take on it was that the Suns were letting some frustration out after hearing the media repeatedly harp about their record against Dallas/San Antonio/Utah. This was their first win against that trio of teams and they obviously enjoyed it. The Suns are my choice to win it all this year.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
If Tony was just "dribbling the ball out," he wouldn't have traveled with only 8 seconds left. Did the Suns run down and try to score with only 8 seconds left in the game? No - they ran the clock out. Raja was yelling at Ginobili, specifically, I think. Last year, Darrell Armstrong was making the Tim Thomas hand in the face move in the WCF that I'm sure Mavs fans loved, as I just sat there brooding.

Classless is when a player like Adrian Griffin dunks the ball at the buzzer uncontested on the Suns' home floor in Game 6 of the 2006 WCF. Dunking the ball with time left on the shot clock when no Spur even makes an attempt to guard him? Don't blame Amare for putting a stamp on the best rebounding game by a Spur opponent since Rodman had 26 in 1993.

You're taking your frustrations at the Spurs' collapse near the end out on the Suns. So the final spread was 16 instead of 14? Barbosa has only one gear and he's still a young guy, so he was probably too excited at how they closed out the game to realize there was only 21 seconds left. When Parker missed that layup with 41 seconds left, the Spurs stopped even trying.

T Park
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Wasting your breath 1parker1

these assholes and trolls won't let you speak so forget it.

The forum is overrun with Mavericks and Suns trolls.

The forum is alot less fun now that these assholes are here.

bigfan
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I would have liked to see a win but the Spurs need more from the bench right now. Regardless, we'll get payback in the playoffs.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Wasting your breath 1parker1

these assholes and trolls won't let you speak so forget it.

The forum is overrun with Mavericks and Suns trolls.

The forum is alot less fun now that these assholes are here.

Actually, it's been a lot less fun with your stupidity since the beginning.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
The Suns had a put them away, step on their throats mentality.

Maybe if the Spurs had more of that type of mentality, they wouldn't have lost.

I don't care what Bell said or whatever. It showed some fire. I'm not saying the Spurs should vocally act the same. But having a relentless attitude isn't necessarily a bad thing.

dave
02-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I saw Rasho say it several times.
rasho called someone a piece of shit on camera before
it was during a practice

phxspurfan
02-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Go Suns Go!

T Park
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Actually, it's been a lot less fun with your stupidity since the beginning.

You were here in 01 when I first started posting?

Interesting.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
You were here in 01 when I first started posting?

Interesting.

Yeah, as a guest. That's when I moved to Texas and my best friend ended up being a die-hard Spurs fan. We were on Spurs report for a while before we realized you would get banned for calling someone stupid.

timvp
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
The Spurs cracked and the Suns ran over them. The Spurs have owned the Suns in the Nash era, so let them have their little regular season fun.

I'd still pick the Spurs over the Suns in the playoffs.

samikeyp
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM

I don't care what Bell said or whatever. It showed some fire. I'm not saying the Spurs should vocally act the same. But having a relentless attitude isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Good post.

It was a big win, why not celebrate with their fans?

The Spurs couldn't close the deal last night and Phoenix did...props to them for finishing. If they can do that in the playoffs, they could very well win it all.

samikeyp
02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
you guys are all the same

Yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

IMO, classless would be fans throwing things at players or going after someone's knees....the Suns got a huge win at home...I don't think what they did was wrong.

41times
02-02-2007, 02:07 PM
See this is what i hate about the Suns. They are cocky sonsofbitches and they haven't ever won a thing! They strut their stuff like they own the world, and it starts with their arrogant coach, the man with 3 first names. Is he Mike or Dan or Toni? which is it you A-hole?

And Raja Bell is a punkster. Marion is a big cry baby and Amare is dumber-n-dirt. Even Nash is a puss. Everyone thinks he is so humble but it's a big act.

I know a lot of people will say that my Mavs are classless. But i think most of that is because of the Owner. Avery is certainly one of the classiest coaches in the league and i think Dirk is too.

So i root hard against the Suns and i hope that the Spurs have a chance to beat their ass in the playoffs.

Take heart, last night was a b2b game vs a rested Suns team. No one really expected the Spurs to win. But in the playoffs everybody is the same amount of rested. And the Suns play their top 6 guys too many minutes. So by the time they have played 85-90 games the Spurs can beat them in the Playoffs.

bdictjames
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
We'll get revenge once playoff time comes.

jbspurs
02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm sure they were trying to run it up. Especially with Ginobili drop kicking Amare in the groin.....dirty plays get you no mercy.

yOU ARE JUST FUCKING STUPID! Amare even mentioned after the interview that it doesn't look intentional.

ehz33satx
02-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Duncan should have punched Oberto, Bowen, Udrih, Vaughn, Finley and Horry for only scoring 3 points between all of them. Maybe that is why we lost, you think? Throw Elson in there and you have 5 points between all 7 Spurs.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
See this is what i hate about the Suns. They are cocky sonsofbitches and they haven't ever won a thing! They strut their stuff like they own the world, and it starts with their arrogant coach, the man with 3 first names. Is he Mike or Dan or Toni? which is it you A-hole?

And Raja Bell is a punkster. Marion is a big cry baby and Amare is dumber-n-dirt. Even Nash is a puss. Everyone thinks he is so humble but it's a big act.

I know a lot of people will say that my Mavs are classless. But i think most of that is because of the Owner. Avery is certainly one of the classiest coaches in the league and i think Dirk is too.

So i root hard against the Suns and i hope that the Spurs have a chance to beat their ass in the playoffs.

Take heart, last night was a b2b game vs a rested Suns team. No one really expected the Spurs to win. But in the playoffs everybody is the same amount of rested. And the Suns play their top 6 guys too many minutes. So by the time they have played 85-90 games the Spurs can beat them in the Playoffs.

Wow. The most misguided post of all time. I guess "classy" and "bear-hug" are synonyms in your tunnel-vision dictionary. Dirk yelling at his teammates and being tied with Rasheed Wallace for the most tech's in the league is "classy?" D'Antoni is arrogant? How? I guess you must be confusing him with Phil Jackson.

I'm really beginning to think this Mavs hatred of the Suns is a example of their extreme fear of meeting the Suns in the playoffs. I can't see any other reason why I could see so many posts of the same caliber as this one.

I'm not blind - Amare is not intelligent and cocky and Raja Bell has an edge to him, but how do they differ from the cocky Josh Howard and wannabe thug Stack?

AZLouis
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Great points.

That's what Bell has brought to this team. He is relentless, he is full of emotion, and has a killer instinct.

I may not agree with all he's done (tossing Kobe to the ground, kicking Bargnani in the groin) but his a sparkplug for the team and has provided that "tough" attitude that is seemingly affecting guys like Nash and Amare who really haven't shown that before.

mabber
02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Great points.

That's what Bell has brought to this team. He is relentless, he is full of emotion, and has a killer instinct.

I may not agree with all he's done (tossing Kobe to the ground, kicking Bargnani in the groin) but his a sparkplug for the team and has provided that "tough" attitude that is seemingly affecting guys like Nash and Amare who really haven't shown that before.

Yeah, Bell is one of those guys that you want on your team but don't like if you're not a fan of the team he's on.

And anyone who says differently is either lying or ignorant.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I dont get why Spurs fans feel they can beat the Suns. Your win came after the Suns blew a 9 point lead with 4 minutes left and Raja Bell missed a FT to win it. You had all the momentum going into OT plus the Suns were 1-5 during that stretch. You guys might not even make it out of round 1 if you have to face Houston or LA.

atxrocker
02-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd still pick the Spurs over the Suns in the playoffs.

a blockbuster of a surprise there...

mabber
02-02-2007, 02:51 PM
I dont get why Spurs fans feel they can beat the Suns. Your win came after the Suns blew a 9 point lead with 4 minutes left and Raja Bell missed a FT to win it. You had all the momentum going into OT plus the Suns were 1-5 during that stretch. You guys might not even make it out of round 1 if you have to face Houston or LA.

Why wouldn't Spurs fans feel they can beat the Suns? Have the Suns ever beat them in the playoffs before? The Spurs have won 2 titles with this core and if it weren't for a dumbass play by Manu in the playoff series with Dallas last season, they may have won another.

This is just the regular season...and while it appears the Suns & Mavs are better than the Spurs...until that plays out that way in the playoffs there is no reason not for Spurs fans to believe they can't beat the Suns (or even the Mavs). You always have to give past champions the benefit of the doubt in these situations IMO.

Personally, I think the Spurs need to add a backup point guard that can shoot to have a chance to beat the Suns or Mavs in the playoffs, but I totally understand Spurs fans still thinking/believing they can win regardless.

itzsoweezee
02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
they've never won anything in their careers. they don't know how to act. they're all getting excited about winning the "regular season championship". Ie, nothing. they'll wilt in the playoffs like they always do.
and i fucking hate d'antoni or whatever the fuck his name is. this guy thinks he's actually something special.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, this ripping on the Spurs and Suns seems off-base. I could easily start asking, "why do the Mavs think they can beat the Suns? The Suns gave up a 7-point lead and you needed a last-second shot by Dirk to win in December."

It would be just as futile. However, when it comes to the playoffs, all three of these teams are now very seasoned: Spurs have 2 recent titles; Mavs made Finals last year; and the Suns finally have a roster that carries over from the previous season (i.e. Joe Johnson and Q become Raja Bell and Boris Diaw last year on two different WCF teams).

That's going to be exciting to see in the playoffs this year, with all 3 teams knowing what it takes to get there (I say the Suns know what it takes because they're the ones who have been to 2 straight WCFs and lost, so they know what hasn't worked). The more I think about it, though, every win counts in the regular season with the Mavs and Suns so close, because I think the #1 seed will have the easier 2nd round matchup (unless the Spurs drop to 4th, of course).

mabber
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, this ripping on the Spurs and Suns seems off-base. I could easily start asking, "why do the Mavs think they can beat the Suns? The Suns gave up a 7-point lead and you needed a last-second shot by Dirk to win in December."

It would be just as futile. However, when it comes to the playoffs, all three of these teams are now very seasoned: Spurs have 2 recent titles; Mavs made Finals last year; and the Suns finally have a roster that carries over from the previous season (i.e. Joe Johnson and Q become Raja Bell and Boris Diaw last year on two different WCF teams).

That's going to be exciting to see in the playoffs this year, with all 3 teams knowing what it takes to get there (I say the Suns know what it takes because they're the ones who have been to 2 straight WCFs and lost, so they know what hasn't worked). The more I think about it, though, every win counts in the regular season with the Mavs and Suns so close, because I think the #1 seed will have the easier 2nd round matchup (unless the Spurs drop to 4th, of course).

The #1 seed should have the easier 1st round matchup as well. I'd rather play the 8th seed (Clippers or T-Wolves) than Denver, LA, Houston or Utah. I think the #1 seed is huge this season.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Good point.

I think all this talk of "regular season championship" is just a way for the Spurs to allay their disgust at this 32-16 record. Because, if you look further down the road, the #1 seed could be the easier path to a Finals appearence. Then again, the Suns are playing a short rotation, so the #1 seed is more important to them, while the Spurs can have guys rested if they end at #3. Regardless, I wish we could go back to the days of Memphis as the automatic sweep in the 8th spot.

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2007, 03:23 PM

No shit, Raja Bell's been a pussy ass bitch for quite a while now.

Don't you remember that one Spurs vs. Jazz game when he was still in Utah and Bell flagrant fouled Manu like 7 times?

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
and then get made into a bitch by Amare.

I don't know if you're talking about the same Duncan, but Tim wouldn't last in in a fight.

rr2418
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
The Suns and the Mavs have that swagger now, but what separates them from the Spurs championship years was that the Spurs acted like they had been there. Which they have!! The Spurs didn't have to talk trash to the other team or throw down some "look at me I'm badass" type dunks to make a point. They just merely won and moved on. Why do you think the NBA considers the Spurs a boring team? Because the Spurs win without any drama. Now the Spurs are old, and they need to get young like last year! Pop once said that he feels good about this team, but in a couple of years this team will be too old, well I think a couple of years has arrived! They're old now and there must be changes.

41times
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow. The most misguided post of all time. I guess "classy" and "bear-hug" are synonyms in your tunnel-vision dictionary. Dirk yelling at his teammates and being tied with Rasheed Wallace for the most tech's in the league is "classy?" D'Antoni is arrogant? How? I guess you must be confusing him with Phil Jackson.

I'm really beginning to think this Mavs hatred of the Suns is a example of their extreme fear of meeting the Suns in the playoffs. I can't see any other reason why I could see so many posts of the same caliber as this one.

I'm not blind - Amare is not intelligent and cocky and Raja Bell has an edge to him, but how do they differ from the cocky Josh Howard and wannabe thug Stack?

1st of all isn't Ron Mexico the alias Michael Vick used when he infected some women with herpes? talk about classless

Dirk yelled at his team mate 2 years ago and he was right because his team mate F'd up. That's called stepping up and being a leader.

And how is the coach with 3 first names arrogant? are you kidding me? first of all the smirk on his face, which he wears proudly, second of all is a wining crybaby with the officials and lastly what has he ever done besides run his players into the ground with too many minutes while running up the score on opponents. True classless.

And yes Raja has an edge, it's the same edge that all the other gankstahs have right before they cheap shot you and run for their guns.

And yes the Mavs are scared of the Suns because they just cant seem to beat them over the last year or 2. No wait that's the Suns who have have lost 6 of the last 8 times to the Mavs.

Nice try herpes boy.

ratm1221
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Holly shit. I have never seen so much crying in my life. It's a damn game. The best teams can lose, the worst teams can win. Anything can happen at the professional level, thats what makes it fun to watch. If everyone knew who was going to win every game, what would be the point of watching. Spurs are in a rut right now. They will bounce back. The playoffs this year are going to be a gauntlet, and they will be fun to watch because no matter how arrogant any of the fans are for any of the teams... no one is going to know who's going to come out on top until the ball stops bouncing.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
1st of all isn't Ron Mexico the alias Michael Vick used when he infected some women with herpes? talk about classless

Dirk yelled at his team mate 2 years ago and he was right because his team mate F'd up. That's called stepping up and being a leader.

And how is the coach with 3 first names arrogant? are you kidding me? first of all the smirk on his face, which he wears proudly, second of all is a wining crybaby with the officials and lastly what has he ever done besides run his players into the ground with too many minutes while running up the score on opponents. True classless.

And yes Raja has an edge, it's the same edge that all the other gankstahs have right before they cheap shot you and run for their guns.

And yes the Mavs are scared of the Suns because they just cant seem to beat them over the last year or 2. No wait that's the Suns who have have lost 6 of the last 8 times to the Mavs.

Nice try herpes boy.

Well, your insults indicate that you're at least a little scared. I don't want to get into the juvenility of your assumptions. Smirk? Running up score? What? Arrogant is also being whiny? Bear-hug? Dirk's bitching at Terry is "leading"?

Wow - this is just bleating homerism at it's best. Nash is a leader by example and by encouraging his teammates. Ignoring that and trying to say he isn't humble is just a sign of fear. Jerry Stackhouse hasn't cheap shot anybody before?

I think the Mavs were arrogant enough to believe they won the Finals last year after beating the Suns.

ponky
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
LOL, silly Suns fan, Mavs are not scared of the Suns, why should we be? As long as we don't get caught playing a seven game series against the Rockets like two years ago while the Suns play house with the Grizzlies and sweep them in four, we're good to go.

To stay on topic, the Suns were not being classless in that game, just celebrating a very hard-fought win over a good team.

Anyway, look at all this bitching by fans of all three teams...it's going to be a crazy two and half months until playoff time.

confined
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
actually i think duncan is the class of the league, very polite, well mannered, and respestful guy...he just missed a couple of easy ones last night...spurs >suns and bell is a bitch...terrible player

td4mvp21
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
LOL, silly Suns fan, Mavs are not scared of the Suns, why should we be? As long as we don't get caught playing a seven game series against the Rockets like two years ago while the Suns play house with the Grizzlies and sweep them in four, we're good to go.

To stay on topic, the Suns were not being classless in that game, just celebrating a very hard-fought win over a good team.

Anyway, look at all this bitching by fans of all three teams...it's going to be a crazy two and half months until playoff time.

The Mavs aren't scared of anyone at this point. The Spurs nor the Mavs are scared of the Suns in the playoffs especially.

da_suns_fan__
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, Bell is one of those guys that you want on your team but don't like if you're not a fan of the team he's on.

And anyone who says differently is either lying or ignorant.

Very Ainge-esque, if you will?

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Scott (Dallas, TX): I am sick of all the attention the Phoenix Suns are getting. There is no way that they are going to beat the Mavs let alone the Spurs in a best-of-seven series. Not that the Mavs needed any more motivation, but do you think the obvious All-Star snub of Josh Howard is going to be all the motivation the Mavs need to win it all? Come on a team that has gone 38-9 and owns the best record has only one All-Star. What an outrage!

Chris Sheridan: The Mavs fans are pretty vocal in the question queue, lots of statements like Scott's. I wouldn;t want to pick a Mavs-Suns playoff winner at this early date, but after watching last night's game and keeping an extra close on the Spurs over the past couple of weeks, I'm not too high on them. If I had to pick a Suns-Spurs playoff series right now, I'd take Phoenix in 5.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Ben (Phx): It is interesting that Spurs and Mavs fans try and trash the Suns rather than talk about how good their teams are. I guess they just fear them like the rest of the league does.

Chris Sheridan: The weekly "this post speaks for itself" post.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Classic Suns game on NBATV right now.

41times
02-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Ben (Phx): It is interesting that Spurs and Mavs fans try and trash the Suns rather than talk about how good their teams are. I guess they just fear them like the rest of the league does.

You are clearly getting "fear" and "respect" mixed up. I think the Mavs players and fans respect both the Spurs and the Suns. They are great teams so why would you not respect them.

I think the Mavs might have feared the Spurs a few years ago, but not any more. But they still respect them because they know they have the Rings and are worthy of the respect.

The Suns have the talent, no doubt about it. And Nash is a good leader. But Fear, no, not at all. Why would you fear somebody you have beaten 6 out of the last 8 times you played them?

Now the Suns don't fear anyone and they probably don't even respect the Mavs. But it's only because they don't have enough sense to.

And i know that herpes boy says that the Mavs were cocky last year after beating the Suns and thought that they would cruise over the Heat. And granted they should have closed out game 3 and swept them. But i don't think that was cockiness that caused their demise. I think it was inexperience from the players and the coach and neither will make that mistake this year.

ratm1221
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM

(Quote)You sir, are a douche bag.(End Quote)

Me.

sabar
02-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Who cares. They are playing at home and winning a huge game for them.
I guess I just don't feel "disrespected" or taunted when I get beat, especially if it was deservingly so after some of the performance from our bench.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know why you guys are acting like I wrote that. I copied it right off the insider interview on ESPN. That's what Sheridan says - take it for what it's worth.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Amare doesn't seem to be that intelligent but he sure can rebound. Everytime I see him interviewed I always come away thinking he's kind of stupid but that I'd still like him on my team :lol

I don't think is so much that he is stupid as much as him being immature but I take if it means 24 point and 23 rebounds. :lol

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Class in pro sports what a novel concept! Give me a break like the Suns are the only team that acts that way.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 07:50 PM
ya, we are terrified. after all, you guys did play us pretty close twice so far this year.

and you have split with the spurs. thats all, nothing more.

you have played 7 fewer games against western teams and your record vs the 3 other best teams in the west is a staggering what, 1-7??lol.

Than why do you feel the need to post this if you don't fear the Suns?

virtual_9
02-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't get all the "Amare is Stupid" talk. Sure, the guy's pretty cocky and somewhat arrogant. But stupid?

Almost as bad as people who say that Ewing looks like a gorilla.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
reading my post, why would i fear them.

like i said, you are 1-7 vs the mavs lakers spurs and jazz. and the 1 game the suns were able to win came at home with rest against the spurs in your time zone on the 2nd night of a back to back.

the fact is, the mavs, spurs, lakers, jazz, and probably the rockets would dispose of you in 5-6 in a 7 game series.

now its your turn to hit me with all the numbers that prove me wrong.

I do you one better I let the playoffs speak for themselves. This year the Mavs and whoever else meet them in the postseason have to deal with a healthy Suns team which was not the case last year. You want numbers try this one

2005 Semis
Suns(healthyAmare) 4-2 over Mavs

The_Game
02-02-2007, 08:01 PM

like i said, you are 1-7 vs the mavs lakers spurs and jazz. and the 1 game the suns were able to win came at home with rest against the spurs in your time zone on the 2nd night of a back to back.

the fact is, the mavs, spurs, lakers, jazz, and probably the rockets would dispose of you in 5-6 in a 7 game series.

Most idiotic post I have ever seen in here

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't get all the "Amare is Stupid" talk. Sure, the guy's pretty cocky and somewhat arrogant. But stupid?

Almost as bad as people who say that Ewing looks like a gorilla.

Immature maybe a little bit but not stupid.

GrandeDavid
02-02-2007, 08:51 PM

Them same bitches had lost 10-12 to the Spurs and have exactly 0 championships next to the Spurs' soon-to-be 4. Let them suck each others' knobs in early February. See those talkers in the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
02-03-2007, 12:13 AM

Come on man. You know the suns are better than that. Just watch them play. They are too quick for every team in the league except the mavs.

BUMP
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
the Suns are good.

but are beatable

mavs>spurs2
02-03-2007, 12:20 AM

And get his ass beat? Why would he do that, plus he would be just as classless.

nkdlunch
02-03-2007, 01:06 AM
the Suns are good.

but are beatable

Mavs too. Miami proved that last year.

02-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Yeah, go Knicks. I wonder how that would have worked out.

Or...the Spurs could have mixed in just a little bit of defense late in the 4th. That probably would have been the safe thing to do.

dav4463
02-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Someone said the Spurs just aren't that good anymore. The Spurs are still very good. There are plenty of teams in the league that would love to be as good as the Spurs. It's just when your goal is championship or nothing, it is hard to wallow around in 3rd or 4th place.

ponky
02-03-2007, 02:29 AM

Chris Sheridan: The weekly "this post speaks for itself if you're a suns fan" post.

HAHA, better still, the weekly, THE MAVS RECORD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF retort from ponky when it comes to the Suns fans (not all!) who need affirmation every ten seconds that their team is good...dang, you'd think 90% of the Suns fanbase was comprised of thin-skinned Marion-ettes.

urunobili
02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
i still don;t understand why all MAVS and SUNS fans don't have their own forum?

that shows how important we are for them.. and their battle will always be to see who wins the regular season conference to AVOID the spurs in second round...

BOTH Mavs and Suns are the Classless teams in the western conference... and i can;t wait to see they cry again being out of competition... THAT is quite a show... Dirk and Nash will enter the hall of fame just as Karl Malone and Barlkey did... Ringless...

you have to really be a bad guy to make Robert Horry root for the east...

and the last one... POP... do you see now what Scola might have brought to us this season???? just because they didn;t wanna pay 2 mill out of Holt's pocket to pay the buyout you didn;t bring him?????

Timmy Tony Manu... at least... they'll be there again... in a game 7 trying to reach ultimate heights... will they make it i don;t know but they'll be ther ei promise....

judaspriestess
02-03-2007, 04:24 PM
You think Suns are classless, their fans are even worse. We went to a game in Phoenix back in 05' and the fans were so beligerent and stupid. We almost got into a fight with some. Not only us, as we were leaving, other Spurs fans we encountered expressed the same thing. That game in particular Pop sat out Manu and Timmy if I recall correctly and the owner of the Suns was using chicken wing gestures to the Spurs like they were scared. Of course we won the Championship that year but my god were the fans scummy. The gorilla mascot is also a taunter.

It wouldn't surprise me if guns were shot in the air after this Suns victory.

mabber
02-03-2007, 05:14 PM
You think Suns are classless, their fans are even worse. We went to a game in Phoenix back in 05' and the fans were so beligerent and stupid. We almost got into a fight with some. Not only us, as we were leaving, other Spurs fans we encountered expressed the same thing. That game in particular Pop sat out Manu and Timmy if I recall correctly and the owner of the Suns was using chicken wing gestures to the Spurs like they were scared. Of course we won the Championship that year but my god were the fans scummy. The gorilla mascot is also a taunter.

It wouldn't surprise me if guns were shot in the air after this Suns victory.

Same thing happened to me and to some friends of mine (a different time) at a Spurs game in San Antonio. I've read on here that similar stuff has happened to Spur's fans at a Mav game in Dallas. The point being is that it probably happens everywhere and shouldn't be used to indict an entire fan base. Unless of course, you consider Spur's fans classless :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
02-03-2007, 06:42 PM

There is no greater class act in the league than Tim Duncan and Manu and Tony and Pop are all classy as well. Spurs do not now nor have they ever had a bad rep in the NBA in the Duncan ERA.

mabber
02-03-2007, 06:44 PM
There is no greater class act in the league than Tim Duncan and Manu and Tony and Pop are all classy as well. Spurs do not now nor have they ever had a bad rep in the NBA in the Duncan ERA.

I think there are a lot of players & coaches that have an issue with how Bowen plays D though. Personally, I don't have a problem with him but just pointing out that not everyone in the Spur's organization is loved. :lol

dbreiden83080
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I think there are a lot of players & coaches that have an issue with how Bowen plays D though. Personally, I don't have a problem with him but just pointing out that not everyone in the Spur's organization is loved. :lol

Yeah especially all those guards and forwards that can't score on Bowen. there is so much EGO in the NBA it is easier to say Bowen is dirty than just admit he bested you.

Axl Van Dam
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
:lol The Suns are acting that way because they still can't get over the way we bamboozled their behinds in the 2005 WCF despite them having the best record during that time. :lol

Rummpd
02-04-2007, 06:49 AM
For all the Mavs, Suns backers etc. the same exact things were said about the "old" Heat last year and they went on to win against the choking Mavs.

Spurs have still what it takes to win the West. Watch and learn.

ponky
02-04-2007, 07:23 AM
so thin-skinned, you think this a big deal? i went to the world cup last summer, THAT was some fun smack-talking craziness...anyway, for the guy talking about the suns game they went to, same thing has happened to me and my bf twice at san antonio games and i've seen people doing the same at mavs games, there's no difference when it comes to the fans, stop acting like there's some great divide between mavs/suns and spurs fans

shelshor
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
so thin-skinned, you think this a big deal? i went to the world cup last summer, THAT was some fun smack-talking craziness...anyway, for the guy talking about the suns game they went to, same thing has happened to me and my bf twice at san antonio games and i've seen people doing the same at mavs games, there's no difference when it comes to the fans, stop acting like there's some great divide between mavs/suns and spurs fans
Mavs fans put themselves at the bottom of the compost heap when the 40+ year old Mavs fan repeatedly spit on a 7 year old girl for daring to wear a Spurs jersey last year

samikeyp
02-04-2007, 10:10 AM
You can't put all fans from one team in the classless category because of the actions of a few.

spurastic
02-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Mavs fans act the way they drive in Dallas. Most are Rude and Nassssty. We have been to games in San Antonio and in Dallas. Dallas fans are absolutely the worse.

Dave McNulla
02-04-2007, 11:35 AM
sorry to chime in so late. i didn't think it, the suns trying to score again with 18 seconds left, was as much a sign of classlessness as a sign of low self esteem. suns feel little and want to feel big. what they don't realize is that at some point you have to act like you belong or you don't belong. they acted like they didn't.

StylisticS
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Mavs fans act the way they drive in Dallas. Most are Rude and Nassssty. We have been to games in San Antonio and in Dallas. Dallas fans are absolutely the worse.
Dallas does have some idiotic fans. But so does San Antonio, and Golden State, and Phoenix, and Houston, and so on and so on. Every team has them. But every team also has fans that loves the game and wants to talk about it as well.

i still don;t understand why all MAVS and SUNS fans don't have their own forum?

Would you like some cheese with your whine??

Big Shot Rob
02-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Look--

I'm not standing up for Dallas or Suns fans...

But damn--there are stupid, crude, dumb ass fans in every city.

Why don;t you debate something relevant--like which city has the best looking babes, or the hottest dance team.

DubMcDub
02-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah especially all those guards and forwards that can't score on Bowen. there is so much EGO in the NBA it is easier to say Bowen is dirty than just admit he bested you.

You mean like how Bowen refused to admit that Dirk bested him time and time again in the playoffs last year, instead resorting to whining about the refs? :lol :lol :lol