PDA

View Full Version : remember last year...

ICE3000
02-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Everybody thought we were going to see a SPURS-PISTONS rematch because they both finished with very good records, but that was not the case at all the Pistons got winded and the Spurs ran into a Hungry Mavs team with really "nothing to lose" because at that time they were used to gettin there asses kicked by the Spurs anyway. My point is winning 60+ games just looks and sounds good but it means NOTHING once the playoffs start and everybody is 0-0... even in some of the recent losses we have suffered I am starting to see good things from the big 3 and I am sure at some point somebody else will step up and by the time the playoffs roll around we will be where we need to be

themvp
02-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I hope so.

Nero
02-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Everybody thought we were going to see a SPURS-PISTONS rematch because they both finished with very good records, but that was not the case at all the Pistons got winded and the Spurs ran into a Hungry Mavs team with really "nothing to lose" because at that time they were used to gettin there asses kicked by the Spurs anyway. My point is winning 60+ games just looks and sounds good but it means NOTHING once the playoffs start and everybody is 0-0... even in some of the recent losses we have suffered I am starting to see good things from the big 3 and I am sure at some point somebody else will step up and by the time the playoffs roll around we will be where we need to be

Yes, I remember we did alright with our solid bigs all year, then cut them in the playoffs for small ball. I remember we lacked athleticism and physicality. I remember getting murdered on the boards. I remember Horry and Finley (with a few good moments) playing like shite. Thank god I forgot Van X. I remember getting outrebounded in all but 1 game of the playoffs. I remember the cries for size, youth, athleticism. I remember how we let the leagues best rebounder during the last 5 years slip through our fingers. Oh I remember...

Gros Membres!
02-02-2007, 08:40 AM

And who do you see stepping up? Elson? Oberto? Finley? Barry? Really?

I can understand the optimism when looking at history but even Manu said in his half-time interview during the Suns-Spurs game last night that this team has not been playing up to par. That they "needed the victory."

Spurs got lucky against LA, got beat by Utah, and then by the Suns. I hope you're right but all is not well at the moment.

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Wishful thinking.

The premise in this thread ignores the fact that Dallas also won 60 games last year.

There are these thing last year's Mavericks had called depth, athleticism, and talent. They went 60-22 despite a ton of injuries.

Pehaps if the poster had brought up the 52-30 champion Miami Heat, he would have a point.

Actually, not really. Last year's Heat were loaded with veteran talent. Their problem was getting everybody to play together. The Spurs are deficient in talent, athleticism, and depth.