PDA

View Full Version : I would PLAY James White and Jackie Butler!!

lebomb
02-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Fuckit!!!!! :ihit What do you have to lose??? NOTHING!!! You can't do much worse from the bench thats for damn sure. At least let these guys get some experience. :bang

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I wouldnt tank the season over these losses..But I do agree if the veteran players keep playing this bad it is time to get some young players (Butler and white) some pt..Even as little 5-10 minutes..

Budkin
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Give it up. They are not playing this year. Pop is too goddamn stubborn.

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 10:32 AM
White is going to play, bank on it!!Butler on the other hand already has got some PT and looked horrible..

Borosai
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I agree...they can't do worse than the current options.

Kermit
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
do you have a donkey show in your sig pic?

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
It's tough to say whether JB is better or worse than Elson/Oberto because their games are so different. While I like Elson's athleticism and Oberto passing/court awareness, you've got a pretty good argument; 5pts 5rebs in 20mpg isn't tough to beat. Still it won't happen....

On White, if he uses his crazy athleticism to attack the basket with reckless abandon and finishes with highlight reel dunks or trips to the line...yeah I'd say play him. But, if he settles for jumpshots and looks lost on the court (likely because of his lack of PT or even practice w/ the team), he's not a better option than Fin or Barry.

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
White does play better defense than barry and fin, that is really all he has on them right now!!I dont think white has been much of rebounder during his career in college, but if get at least 5 boards a game and knock down occasional open looks, he may be an adequete option at this point..

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
White does play better defense than barry and fin, that is really all he has on them right now!!I dont think white has been much of rebounder during his career in college, but if get at least 5 boards a game and knock down occasional open looks, he may be an adequete option at this point..

From what I gather, White's defense hasn't been horrible, but it hasn't been anything to write home about. That may be circumstantial because they often play zone in the d-league, but whenever you read about this kid, his defense is discussed more in the context of "potential". I don't know if he's worse than Barry or Fin, but I don't know if he's better either.

Chump, what have you seen?

The Truth #6
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't think Pop has the patience to develop talent. Parker and Manu thrived in spite of Pop's coaching just as much as because of it. Once he let them be the players they were we got the best out of them. Butler is too young and dumb for Pop to even deal with. I mean, he wouldn't even know what kind of wine to order at a dinner party.