PDA

View Full Version : spurs trade that will help them

ptony
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
this trade will fill all the spurs holes barry makes 5,111,880 with 2 years left willams makes 4,296,000 with 1 year left for jason richardson who makes 9,999,999 with 5 years left that will give them somebody to come off the bench with manu. and beno make 926,920 with 2 years left for david lee who makes 926,040 with 2 years left that will give them rebounding from lee off the bench and the spurs will be alright with cap room. what do u think? reply and let me know.

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I will not rip you cause this is your 1st post, but damn stop already..Also, another thread with this same info is in play already!!

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Barry and Beno are too valuable to this team, and the Spurs can't afford to lose their ball handling....

Sorry, just thought I'd answer the rediculous post with an equally rediculous response.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Sorry for the RIP, but here's the rundown.

Jason Richardson may be injury prone, but he's worth WAY more than a 35yr old "shooter" and an expiring contract. But that's not the most outrageous claim....that'd go to the David Lee proposal. He and Beno make similar money...and that's where the similarities stop. Lee should be starting for the Knicks and could start for the Spurs....Beno, not so much.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Beno Udrih is worth a hundred David Lees. Can David Lee kill a brown bear with his own hands? No. Can David Lee mow down entire armies with a blowgun? No. Can David Lee impregnate a thousand virgins in just one night? Of course not, but Beno can.

Isiah Thomas would be foolish not to take this one.

celldweller
02-02-2007, 11:57 AM
ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE !!!!!

send all requests to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

yavozerb
Beno Udrih is worth a hundred David Lees. Can David Lee kill a brown bear with his own hands? No. Can David Lee mow down entire armies with a blowgun? No. Can David Lee impregnate a thousand virgins in just one night? Of course not, but Beno can.

Isiah Thomas would be foolish not to take this one.
:lol

ptony
you guys get on here to put the reply down for what because u dont have any better to do

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
you guys get on here to put the reply down for what because u dont have any better to do

No, we guys are here to reply up for why you dont have anything better or something like that

ptony
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
beno is a good shooter and thats it we need rebounding and richardson can still play just needs the right coach and team perfect fit for us can play 2,and the 3 spot.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2007, 12:06 PM

You proposed a trade. You asked for opinions. You got them. Don't cry.

ptony
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
so what do u think they need to do? smart_a__s?

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM

I gave you the sarcastic answer (Sorry! I'm in a pissy mood this morning because I stayed up until 1:30 this morning watching the Spurs get blown out in the end of a statement game and had to get up four hours later), but then I answered your question.

Your trade scenarios are highly improbable because the other teams would have little to no incentive to get those deals done.

Big P
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I think you need to go to the "Reasonable Trade Ideas" thread that is stickied to the top of the forum & post your fantasy's in there.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 12:12 PM
so what do u think they need to do? smart_a__s?

It's not about what they need to do, it's what they are able to do. To get David Lee or Jason Richardson it would take a whole hell of a lot more than the Spurs have to give, unless they want to give up one of the big 3 (not fair on Spurs end and not likely).

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I think you need to go to the "Reasonable Trade Ideas" thread that is stickied to the top of the forum & post your fantasy's in there.

PTony,

He's right about visiting that thread, but more for educational purposes. See who the Spurs have a relatively possible chance of getting based on what they're willing to give up, then you'll understand why what you proposed just ain't gonna happen.

ptony
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
me too i just think spurs need a change to help them win

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
me too i just think spurs need a change to help them win

I think most everyone on this forum would agree with you.

Now your trade proposals....that's a different story....

wildbill2u
02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE !!!!!

send all requests to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
I sent emails to the following: Anyonewhowilllisten and God.

Got a mailer daemon back on Anyonewhowilllisten that said there wasn't anyone there.

I got a response from God however. He said, "Even I can't help the Spurs. Try the downstairs neighbor."

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
this trade will fill all the spurs holes barry makes 5,111,880 with 2 years left willams makes 4,296,000 with 1 year left for jason richardson who makes 9,999,999 with 5 years left that will give them somebody to come off the bench with manu. and beno make 926,920 with 2 years left for david lee who makes 926,040 with 2 years left that will give them rebounding from lee off the bench and the spurs will be alright with cap room. what do u think? reply and let me know.
Jason Richardson would be good, but LeBron James is better. The Spurs should trade their #1 draft pick, Beno, Finley, and Williams for LeBron. I'm sure the Cavs would do that.

:dizzy

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 12:28 PM
I sent emails to the following: Anyonewhowilllisten and God.

Got a mailer daemon back on Anyonewhowilllisten that said there wasn't anyone there.

I got a response from God however. He said, "Even I can't help the Spurs. Try the downstairs neighbor."
God forwarded my email to St. Paul, who replied, "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, including a lousy supporting cast around Tim Duncan."

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
It's amazing. The Spurs have three all-world players and the rest is absolute shite. How the brains in the front office failed to see this is beyond my ken.

ptony
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
this would be the line up tony,manu,bowen horry,tim starting 5, the bench would be vaughn,richardson,finley,bonner,elson.

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
They failed to see past reality that age has indeed caught up with these other guys!!There worst fear would be that horry, finley, barry all get old legs in the same year which is the case this year.

wildbill2u
02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
PTony,

He's right about visiting that thread, but more for educational purposes. See who the Spurs have a relatively possible chance of getting based on what they're willing to give up, then you'll understand why what you proposed just ain't gonna happen.
I've watched that Reasonable Trade forum grow to 569 replies--and I haven't seen a single one where everyone said: "Hey, that's a great idea and the mechanics all work."

There are a lot of stupid trades suggested there--like 14 player trades between 4 teams where the Spurs wind up with great players and everyone else accepts sucky players.

Or trades where the mechanics and dollars work, but we get some over-the hill chump or old medical evacuee who nobody in their right mind would take.

Most of the 'reasonable trades' on the forum are only reasonable because the money works, not because they solve the Spurs' roster problems. It's like posters want to try out the realgm pages to play 'what if'.

The value of the reasonable trades forum is probably that it proves the Spurs don't really have any good options to trade with or players that are available to trade for. The Spurs will simply have to take their lumps this year and get better draftees and pray for a FA deal. Neither of which is a lead pipe cinch.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 12:38 PM

:lol

Nicely done

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 12:58 PM
What the Spurs have done over the past few years finally has caught up with them.

Early in the careers of Parker and Ginobili, their salaries were very low. This gave the Spurs plenty of room to go out and add impact players to the roster. They signed a series of veterans to medium-level money.

Now, however, Parker and Ginobili earn market-level series for their contributions (or, slightly below in Manu's case). Their payroll flexibility is gone.

The team drafted some more Euro players to try to groom them for anticipated roster holes. Sanikidze, Mahmini, Javtokas, Scola, usw.

They've tried to acquire "diamonds in the rough" to repeat their fortunes with SJax and Devin Brown.

But none of those plans have panned out. While the Spurs were ahead of the curve five years ago in scouting foreign talent, the rest of the league has caught up. The Spurs have had to chase more of the "project" types.

Their diamonds in the rough have been more rough than diamond.

So they've had to stick with the same old veterans, even as they enter the accelerated parts of their decline.

They have jettisoned high-paid underperforming players, only to see their cheaper replacements be even worse.

The Jason Kidd saga has turned out to be a killer for the team, even though he didn't sign. The Spurs passed on Josh Howard to preserve cap room. They had Leandro Barbosa in their hands, only to send him to Phoenix.

What did the Spurs get for that trouble? Well, with the cap room, they got Rasho. With the draft pick from Phoenix, they got to dump Malik Rose's salary on New York, and rent Nazr Mohammed for a year and a half.

Eventually, there are consequences for frittering away opportunities and assets with nothing in return.

I really don't think that the front office just thought having a bunch of role players in their late 30's was the best plan for these years. But poor decision-making and execution, after what had been a brilliant string of successes, has left them in their current predicament.

Once before, the Spurs rebuilt on the fly. The 2001-02 team had a lot of the same problems this team does. On this team, the problems are worse, because a half-crippled 36-year-old David Robinson and a 6'7" Malik Rose were utterly superior in every facet to the Spurs' current centers. But, besides that, the Spurs were able to bring several fresh new faces into the fold for 2002-03, and they gelled ahead of schedule and won a title.

So the despair of this hopeless roster does not necessarily mean that the Tim Duncan era will go out with a whimper. Retooling is plausible, or would be if the team weren't going up for sale.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
ES - that's basically it in a nutshell. One add-on: the Spurs looked overseas for talent because they knew they were ahead of the curve and also, in large part, because they thought they could get foreign players to play for cheap.

If only one of those players panned out, or they were willing to pay Scola what he was worth instead of bringing over Oberto, we would be in pretty good shape. Getting any kind of production out of a bench player would be a dream.

This summer will be close to make or break. If they can't come away from the draft with a very nice wing prospect and a decent possibility for a back-up point guard, they might as well forget it. The way this draft likely shakes out, it's their own damn fault if they fail to get it done again. With a pick in the mid-20s and one in the early-30s, I can't see how they fail to do this, unless their project is to go deeper in the hole and draft international again.

Then they have the MLE. There are a few swingman prospects this summer, plus others who can fill needs. If they come out with busts and near-busts like Butler and Elson again, then we're in dire shape.

mountainballer
02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
what do u think? reply and let me know.

I think it was right, that you opened a new thread, because the other one is called "reasonable trade ideas"
just an advice: usually when these genious trade proposals are made, the Scola rights are added.

ptony
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
just think about j richardson on the spurs and david lee they would help for now and then after they win it all they can change.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Then they have the MLE. There are a few swingman prospects this summer, plus others who can fill needs. If they come out with busts and near-busts like Butler and Elson again, then we're in dire shape.

They should use part/most of the MLE on Scola. He's likely to bring more "bang for the buck" than any other potential FA.

The plan:

Bring Scola over, draft a long 3 (Green, Thornton, Nichols) and a backup PG (Shakur, Steele, Collison, Chalmers), re-sign Bonner and White.

The '07-'08 roster:

PG - Parker, Shakur, Udrih
SG - Manu, Barry, Finley...unless he opts out
SF - Bowen, Green/Thornton, White
PF - Scola, Oberto, Bonner
C - Duncan, Elson, Butler

Extra Stout
02-02-2007, 01:23 PM
just think about j richardson on the spurs and david lee they would help for now and then after they win it all they can change.
Let me explain this to you slowly:

Other teams are not going to trade good players for crap, unless they are stupid.

Jason Richardson is a good player. He is the heart and soul of the Golden State Warriors. They are not going to trade him for a 35-year-old shooting guard and an expiring contract. That would be stupid.

David Lee is a good player. On top of that, he is a good big man. Good big men are really rare. Good big men with rookie-scale salaries are really, really rare. Trading one for the worst point guard in the league is something not even Isiah Thomas is stupid enough to do.

It is not uncommon for 9-year-olds to post wildly unrealistic trades where other teams give up good players in return for crappy Spurs players, for no good reason. Hopefully, you are about 9.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM

Thinking about it won't change anything....

Sadly enough, no matter how much we deliberate on this forum, the Spurs will most likely stand pat or make significantly smaller moves that have relatively little impact on the championship run this season.

AFBlue
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
What the Spurs have done over the past few years finally has caught up with them.

Early in the careers of Parker and Ginobili, their salaries were very low. This gave the Spurs plenty of room to go out and add impact players to the roster. They signed a series of veterans to medium-level money.

Now, however, Parker and Ginobili earn market-level series for their contributions (or, slightly below in Manu's case). Their payroll flexibility is gone.

The team drafted some more Euro players to try to groom them for anticipated roster holes. Sanikidze, Mahmini, Javtokas, Scola, usw.

They've tried to acquire "diamonds in the rough" to repeat their fortunes with SJax and Devin Brown.

But none of those plans have panned out. While the Spurs were ahead of the curve five years ago in scouting foreign talent, the rest of the league has caught up. The Spurs have had to chase more of the "project" types.

Their diamonds in the rough have been more rough than diamond.

So they've had to stick with the same old veterans, even as they enter the accelerated parts of their decline.

They have jettisoned high-paid underperforming players, only to see their cheaper replacements be even worse.

The Jason Kidd saga has turned out to be a killer for the team, even though he didn't sign. The Spurs passed on Josh Howard to preserve cap room. They had Leandro Barbosa in their hands, only to send him to Phoenix.

What did the Spurs get for that trouble? Well, with the cap room, they got Rasho. With the draft pick from Phoenix, they got to dump Malik Rose's salary on New York, and rent Nazr Mohammed for a year and a half.

Eventually, there are consequences for frittering away opportunities and assets with nothing in return.

I really don't think that the front office just thought having a bunch of role players in their late 30's was the best plan for these years. But poor decision-making and execution, after what had been a brilliant string of successes, has left them in their current predicament.

Once before, the Spurs rebuilt on the fly. The 2001-02 team had a lot of the same problems this team does. On this team, the problems are worse, because a half-crippled 36-year-old David Robinson and a 6'7" Malik Rose were utterly superior in every facet to the Spurs' current centers. But, besides that, the Spurs were able to bring several fresh new faces into the fold for 2002-03, and they gelled ahead of schedule and won a title.

So the despair of this hopeless roster does not necessarily mean that the Tim Duncan era will go out with a whimper. Retooling is plausible, or would be if the team weren't going up for sale.

Nice recap and good overall assessment :clap

Though I disagree about your "sale" conspiracy theory

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
They should use part/most of the MLE on Scola. He's likely to bring more "bang for the buck" than any other potential FA.

The plan:

Bring Scola over, draft a long 3 (Green, Thornton, Nichols) and a backup PG (Shakur, Steele, Collison, Chalmers), re-sign Bonner and White.

The '07-'08 roster:

PG - Parker, Shakur, Udrih
SG - Manu, Barry, Finley...unless he opts out
SF - Bowen, Green/Thornton, White
PF - Scola, Oberto, Bonner
C - Duncan, Elson, Butler

Either bring over Scola or try to swap up in the draft with him. If they can move up 10 spots and a Corey Brewer is available, it would be worth it.

The first rounder should be pegged for one of those SFs. Demetrius Nichols should be in the second round somewhere, and there are a smattering of other prospects littering the late first round and into the second.

With the Milwaukee pick, which looks better by the day, there are some seniors that might drop and even the outside chance that a Shakur might be there. I wonder where Acie Law will wind up, but he'll probably have a nice tournament.

Using Scola to move or not, the Spurs should be able to get away from a nice draft like this with 2 decent rotation guys (who Pop will hopefully play). Jeff Green would be excellent. I'd like to see a SF and a PG and just dump Udrih straightaway. Keeping Scola would also be excellent.

Of course, if the Spurs are stubborn and elect to go international again, then they are morons and deserve the losses next year.

2centsworth
02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
your idea is ridiculous. No one on the planet earth would trade David Lee for Beno except for you. Beno is worth a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich at this point.

It's like asking for Dwayne Wade for Brent Barry.

Just trying to help you out. Hang in there and keep trying.

yavozerb
02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I have seen numerous mock drafts which has law in the late 1st round, but these are usually pretty far off on their predictions. I do not thnk we will be able to draft any of the top SF, but this can possible be had in FA. I say draft for back-up PG and athletic 4's..We simply need some rebounders inside and to move duncan to the 5