PDA

View Full Version : Quick Note about Suns-Spurs

virtual_9
02-02-2007, 08:01 PM
It's interesting how the fans here have glossed over the fact that the Suns beat the Spurs without their two best defenders (Raja and KT), who were brought into Phoenix with the explicit purpose of building a team to beat the Spurs.

Not intending to flame here - interested in the opinion of Spurs (and Mavs) fans.

Xylus
02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
With all due respect to Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas, I'd say Shawn Marion is our best defender. That's splitting hairs, though, since Bell and Thomas are both great man-on-man defenders.

I think the importance of both Bell and Thomas will mean more in the playoffs. For now, we can beat elite teams when Nash, Amare, Marion, and Barbosa all have decent-to-great games.

ponky
02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
It's interesting how the fans here have glossed over the fact that the Suns beat the Spurs without their two best defenders (Raja and KT), who were brought into Phoenix with the explicit purpose of building a team to beat the Spurs.

Not intending to flame here - interested in the opinion of Spurs (and Mavs) fans.

oh well, i'm happy you overlooked how to beat the mavs unless you're banking on us playing another seven game first round series

KT is great, he's my favorite Suns guy because I've liked him since he was a Knick but he would've slowed down the game so he probably would've helped the Spurs had he played late in the third and fourth quarters.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 08:46 PM
oh well, i'm happy you overlooked how to beat the mavs unless you're banking on us playing another seven game first round series

KT is great, he's my favorite Suns guy because I've liked him since he was a Knick but he would've slowed down the game so he probably would've helped the Spurs had he played late in the third and fourth quarters.

Ponky your the best Mavs fan on here. It will be great to talk smack with you when the Mavs and Suns meet in the postseason. :lol

ponky
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Ponky your the best Mavs fan on here. It will be great to talk smack with you when the Mavs and Suns meet in the postseason. :lol

lol, it will be my pleasure, i'm looking forward to it...may everyone stay healthy!!! :devil

GrandeDavid
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Its the regular season, early February...did the Spurs and Suns play last night?

Only matters in the playoffs.

Xylus
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
But the regular season certainly has some effect on the playoffs, wouldn't you say?

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 08:50 PM
lol, it will be my pleasure, i'm looking forward to it...may everyone stay healthy!!! :devil

Yes it seems that both times they have meet someone is injured.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 08:51 PM
But the regular season certainly has some effect on the playoffs, wouldn't you say?

HCA

ponky
02-02-2007, 08:59 PM

some analyst was talking about this last night on tv. they said that it matters more to the suns because of the whole psychological thing. if you hadn't beaten the spurs and continued winless against the better teams, sometimes there might be mental residue lingering when you get to the playoffs...maybe it's true, maybe not but i think it matters a bit, especially if you get swept or can't win a single game on the road against the best teams...but then again, it might not mean a darn thing! :lol

HCA didn't matter when we beat the Spurs...and *wah* haha, it didn't help us in losing to the Heat. Although, I guess ideally, one would want HCA so I tend to agree that this is the better option.

Amare_32
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
some analyst was talking about this last night on tv. they said that it matters more to the suns because of the whole psychological thing. if you hadn't beaten the spurs and continued winless against the better teams, sometimes there might be mental residue lingering when you get to the playoffs...maybe it's true, maybe not but i think it matters a bit, especially if you get swept or can't win a single game on the road against the best teams...but then again, it might not mean a darn thing! :lol

HCA didn't matter when we beat the Spurs...and *wah* haha, it didn't help us in losing to the Heat. Although, I guess ideally, one would want HCA so I tend to agree that this is the better option.

I look at it this way, If the Suns meet the Spurs homecourt is huge because the Suns have not been successful in San Antonio. At least with the Mavs homecourt is not really that big because each team is capable of winning on each's other floor. Ideally though it will be cool if the Suns had hca throughout the playoffs.