PDA

View Full Version : DRaft choice for a backup of Tony Parker

Manu_The _Best
02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I am already on a "Draft Mode" for next season (I cannot even watch those OLD DONKEYS right now)...More info on the draft for a backup of Tony and to box out Terry and Harris:

I think the guy below will be better than the useless Beno and Vaughn:

Name:Mustafa Shakur
Height:6' 3"
Weight:180 pounds
Current Team:Arizona , Senior

NBA Position:PG
Date of Birth:8/19/1984 (22 Years Old)
High School:Friends Central
Hometown:Wynnewood, PA
Earliest Draft Class:2005
Current Position:PG
Possible Positions:PG or SG
Best Case Scenario:Antonio Daniels
Worst Case Scenario:Orien Greene

Strengths:
At nearly 6'4, he has as much size as any point guard prospect in this year's draft. Combine that with his quickness and length and we're talking about one of the more intriguing physical specimens in this draft. With the ball in his hands, he's shown to be capable of doing a capable job at times of running a talented team. His unselfishness and up-tempo style of play could suit some NBA teams well. Shakur shows potential to slash and score quite well at times when needed, mostly from inside the arc. He is at his best in transition, and thrives the most as a point guard on the drive and dish. His length allows him to play even bigger than his size, and he shows potential to develop into a shut-down defensive type down the road if he can find a way to maintain his focus throughout the game and an entire season, which hasn't really happened yet.

A great way for Popovich to develop a Bruce Bowen's type of player at the POINT (!!!), and a slasher to break down the Mavs' defense and BOX OUT TERRY AND HARRIS!!!

GO SPURS!!!
Beno is finished
:clap :clap :clap

midgetonadonkey
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm glad you are already scouting young talent. I'm sure the front office will be pleased with your selection.

Pugglekicker_21
02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
how many picks do they have?

T Park
02-02-2007, 09:25 PM
SHakur is more of a shooting guard in college.

Mr. Body
02-02-2007, 09:34 PM
You're not very good at reading other threads, are you?

Holt's Cat
02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/tupac_amaru_shakur.jpg

?

Darkwaters
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Shakur would be an awesome selection. He'll probably fall to the second round and it's possible he could be had with Milwaukee's second rounder from the Damir Markota trade.

Shakur was arguably the best point guard coming out of HS 4 years ago. There was however a reasonable dispute that Chris Paul should have held that crown. The difference is that Chris blossomed quite quickly into a stellar player and Shakur stagnated. However, his game has gotten much better this year and he will likely be a viable NBA player.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2007, 11:18 PM
lol @ 2pac pic