PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Spurs suck?

Peter
02-02-2007, 10:47 PM
?

whottt
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Because Ghostwriter and Marcus Bryant stopped posting.

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Because they can't make any wide open shots

Budkin
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
No bench, no rebounding.

boutons_
02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
no b/u PG, no SF, no Center

"Apart from that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

no future, no more titles for Tim, Tony, Manu :lol

Watching other NBA teams tonight on NBA TV, almost everybody looks better than our dreck as currently "playing"

Shelly
02-02-2007, 11:08 PM

I think MB is amongst us...:nerd

bigfundamental21
02-03-2007, 12:30 AM
No consistent bench support. Tim, Tony, and Manu have to play all 48 because when they go out of the game our bench tanks.

Nbadan
02-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Pop doesn't have the patience to coach ballas.

4001 STEREO SPUR
02-03-2007, 02:13 AM
All of the above.

SPURS vs NBA media
02-03-2007, 09:46 AM

thank god for that :drunk

bigdog
02-03-2007, 09:50 AM
because beno and "fabulous" fabio are on the team

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 10:10 AM
because beno and "fabulous" fabio are on the team

donīt forget finley and Vaughn.

texbound
02-03-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_mark_bryant.jpg

Because I'm not on the team. If they had me, they wouldn't suck.

Texas_Ranger
02-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Because Pop sucks.

wildbill2u
02-03-2007, 11:30 AM
?
They don't really suck. They are the third best team in the standings of the powerful Western conference.

Why are they 3rd in the standings? Because they have the third best starting five--with LA Lakers quickly gaining on them.

smeagol
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I think MB is amongst us...:nerd
I think whottt knows :p:

Bruno
02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Because Holt is cheap, happy now ?

Pero
02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
That`s simple. Rasho is no longer with them. :lol

vingian
02-03-2007, 12:45 PM
this really means nothing, losing streaks and everybody hits the panic button... STFU and stick by your team cry babies...... they will get better towards the end of the season. The Spurs don't suck, they just don't play their best bball night-in and night-out....they have to deal with the other 29 teams giving them their best games because the SPURS are still the leaders of the elite. This Phoenix rising and Mavs winning means nothing until they have the rings to prove themselves, until then just write them off as flukes, anomalies.....

Agloco
02-03-2007, 01:11 PM
this really means nothing, losing streaks and everybody hits the panic button... STFU and stick by your team cry babies...... they will get better towards the end of the season. The Spurs don't suck, they just don't play their best bball night-in and night-out....they have to deal with the other 29 teams giving them their best games because the SPURS are still the leaders of the elite. This Phoenix rising and Mavs winning means nothing until they have the rings to prove themselves, until then just write them off as flukes, anomalies.....

Sounds like someone is burying their head in the sand.......

The issues you see now wont go away in the playoffs. These aren't "fixable" problems. Age isn't fixable, end of story. Lack of talent isn't fixable for the most part either.

Age, lack of bench support and a softer interior defense have all combined to make the Spurs a team that has to play near flawless basketball to compete with the two top teams. Its no longer about the Spurs winning despite the mistakes and poor shooting. They simply aren't a team that can overcome those problems on a nightly basis anymore.

I see a big housecleaning next year........ :fro

SilverSpur
02-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Sounds like someone is burying their head in the sand.......

The issues you see now wont go away in the playoffs. These aren't "fixable" problems. Age isn't fixable, end of story. Lack of talent isn't fixable for the most part either.

Age, lack of bench support and a softer interior defense have all combined to make the Spurs a team that has to play near flawless basketball to compete with the two top teams. Its no longer about the Spurs winning despite the mistakes and poor shooting. They simply aren't a team that can overcome those problems on a nightly basis anymore.

I see a big housecleaning next year........ :fro
I agree. Age is the big problem. Robert Horry
and Bruce Bowen move really stiff. Tim Duncan is also starting to move fairly stiff. What I mean is he doesent bend his knees when he runs. He keep his legs straight.
Another problem I see aside from age, is strength. The Spurs players seem weak. They get pushed around fairly easy, balls are taken away with no problem. I think we need some type of strength conditioning. The other teams we are losing to seem much stronger and faster.
I also believe there will be a house cleaning. We must get younger,stronger,faster and more athletic to keep up with teams like Dallas, Phoenix and now Denver. We did improve over Nazi and Rasho with Elson and Butler but we must keep adding to our roster.
I personaly would like to see Bowmen traded, Robert Horry retire, Vaughn cut, Obertro and Berry traded. Would like to see Jackie Butler and James White given more playing time. Michael Finley needs to work on his legs so he can get elevation on his shots. Tim Duncan hit the weights and Manu concentrate more on his moves and less on flopping and trying to pick up fouls.
I would like the team to start drafting players who are going to contribute or at least make the team. I am tired of drafting players who stay over seas.
Finally, MAKE A TRADE! SPEND SOME MONEY! We should have several more rings. We were THIS CLOSE to winning at least four more rings but because we were cheap the rings went to the Lakers, Pistons and Heat.

dg7md
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Would we still be considered "sucky" if the Mavs or Suns didn't have such amazing records? Say they had 13 losses or so each, would we still be THAT far behind them?

We aren't playing that good but SUCKS is a wrong term.

Capt Bringdown
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Because we brought in a bunch of 3rd stringers during the off season and expected miracles in return.

Because we were too old last year and this year it's the same old faces.

Because Pop became spellbound with foreign pick-n-stash gambits that haven't produced much lately.

Because the FO failed to realize the urgency of the situation.

I wish the future looked brighter. It seems we've put all our eggs in one basket. Now were left with little tradeable assets and TD's not getting any younger.

timvp
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Because we brought in a bunch of 3rd stringers during the off season and expected miracles in return.

Because we were too old last year and this year it's the same old faces.

Because Pop became spellbound with foreign pick-n-stash gambits that haven't produced much lately.

Because the FO failed to realize the urgency of the situation.

I wish the future looked brighter. It seems we've put all our eggs in one basket. Now were left with little tradeable assets and TD's not getting any younger.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice opening take. :hat

T Park
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
capt bringdown.

what an appropriate name

Axl Van Dam
02-03-2007, 10:52 PM
:reading We don't suck. We're just in a slump. Only whiny bitches think we suck. :madrun

dknights411
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
If we suck, then what does that make the Celtics then?

Anyway, I don't think being 32-16 actually qualifies as "sucking". Above mediocre, maybe. But not sucking.

Peter
02-04-2007, 01:12 AM
For a team with the top 3 players this team has, it definitely does suck. For a team that at the start of the season was regarded as a serious contender, if not the favorite, it does suck. The record doesn't mean shit. Anyone remember the '01 Western Conference Finals? That team had the best record in the league that year. Pull your head out of your asses.