PDA

View Full Version : 7-9 Chinese Behemoth

E20
02-03-2007, 01:30 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but this 7-9 cat from China is fucking humongus look at the ball in relation to this hand.

HOLY SHIT!!!!:wow

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2007/02/01/ming-full.jpg

XXXXXXL Too Small (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_on_fe_st/bko_tallest_player)

johnpaulwall21
02-03-2007, 01:32 AM
is that godzillas mitts on the ball? :nerd

phyzik
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Jesus.... it looks like a fucking baseball in his hand!!

leemajors
02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
i saw a show on him on discovery or something, he had a tumor in his head either on or near his pituitary gland that made it secrete way too much growth hormone. as a result, his conditioning can never be as good as it would need to be for him to be in the NBA.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Genetical engineering is cool.

E20
02-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Why can't I have a disorder like that? FUCK.

TheSanityAnnex
02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/ming.jpg

Dude is fucking HUGE!!!

Shelly
02-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Sign him at Center!

dave
02-03-2007, 06:10 PM
he's better than rafael araujo, thats for sure

BeerIsGood!
02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Since Bowen already doesn't play any offense, just sign him and have him stand at the defensive end of the court to stop all comers at the basket. :lol

ashbeeigh
02-03-2007, 06:34 PM
From Wikipedia:

Pituitary gigantism
Pituitary gigantism due to growth hormone excess is the single condition that accounts for nearly all cases of pathologic extreme height. The excess growth hormone usually results from oversecretion by a group of somatotrope cells of the anterior pituitary gland (termed a "somatotrope adenoma"). These cells do not respond to normal controls of growth or function. They grow very slowly, so that for many years the only effects of such an adenoma are the secretion of excessive growth hormone. Over decades, such an adenoma may reach a large enough size (2 cm or more in diameter) to cause headaches, impair vision, or damage other pituitary functions. Many years of growth hormone excess can cause other problems as well.

The primary effect of growth hormone excess in childhood is excessive growth, but the extreme height is accompanied by a characteristic physique recognizable to an endocrinologist. The typical physique involves heavy, thick bones, with large hands and feet and a heavy jaw. Once puberty is complete and adult height is achieved, continued thickening of the skin and growth of the jaw results in a combination of features referred to as acromegaly.

If a physician suspects pituitary gigantism or acromegaly, the simplest diagnostic screening test is measurement of insulin-like growth factor 1 in the blood. This is usually quite elevated but levels must be interpreted in relation to age and pubertal status. Additional confirmatory testing may include magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the pituitary to look for a visible adenoma, and suppressibility of growth hormone levels by glucose. Treatment depends on the size of the adenoma and may involve removal by a neurosurgeon, drugs such as octreotide or bromocriptine, or radiation. Treatment is discussed in more detail in the acromegaly article.

Childhood pituitary gigantism is a rare condition, and those affected are often unusual enough to attain a degree of celebrity status (for example, André the Giant). Acromegaly is the term used for the condition of growth hormone excess when it occurs in adults. Acromegaly is a far more common disease in adults than pituitary gigantism is in children.

BeerIsGood!
02-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Better yet, the Stars should sign him and stuff his ass in the goal so no puck could ever penetrate...

samikeyp
02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Isn't Sun Ming Ming Chinese for "Gheorghe Muresan?"

"Do I smell cabbage?"

"Yes...chicks dig it!"

:lol

Borosai
02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
It's like a bunch of bananas!