PDA

View Full Version : Darko Milicic

romain.star
02-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I was wondering if a guy like Darko Milicic could fit in our squad...

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 10:06 AM
hell yeah.he is 10 times better tham our big guys together.(elson + oberto)he has a good mid-range shot too.

midgetonadonkey
02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Jesus fucking Christ man.

exstatic
02-03-2007, 10:27 AM
We can only offer him the MCE. He turned down Orlando's offer of an extension last summer for much more than that. Unless he turns them down again this summer and accepts their year 5 qualifying offer to become an UFA in '08, I'd say we have about a zero shot at Darko.

boutons_
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Darko would be a huge upgrade vs our current bigs.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-03-2007, 11:14 AM
You guys don't need another soft center.

romain.star
02-03-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah soft but the guy's young and skillfull... He'll develop into a really interesting center in the years to come, Pop knows how to do with young talented guys from europe. it'd be a great addition for the spurs...

Bruno
02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Stop dreaming. :)

orantom
02-03-2007, 11:49 AM

白日做梦?? :bang

rascal
02-03-2007, 01:10 PM
No soft centers. I was watching Orlando last night and Darko had a chance at a dunk and instead shot a 3 ft. bank shot that missed. He did not attack the rim.

He has been an over rated bust. How many more years will it take for this guy to be good enough to get starters minutes?

romain.star
02-03-2007, 01:20 PM
a coach like Pop can help this guy being an Allstar caliber player... it's all about mental with this player

remingtonbo2001
02-03-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah soft but the guy's young and skillfull... He'll develop into a really interesting center in the years to come, Pop knows how to do with young talented guys from europe. it'd be a great addition for the spurs...

I remember a guy with similar qualities. Yeah, he was soft, but he was young and skillful. He was from Europe. Unfortunately, he stayed soft, and those skills never developed. Did you know that Rasho used to be able to hit a 15ft with consistancy?

romain.star
02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
yeah but rasho is rasho and darko is darko... yes you have european centers who finally failed to become good NBA players but i don't see your point, it's not because rasho failed that darko won't make it
give him the good coach and some more time (just one or two seasons)

sprrs
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
you can't coach softness out of a player, ask Beno

ata
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
yeah but rasho is rasho and darko is darko... yes you have european centers who finally failed to become good NBA players but i don't see your point, it's not because rasho failed that darko won't make it
give him the good coach and some more time (just one or two seasons)
Meaning no Pop. Pop is not able to develop young player (and please, do not mention Parker, Pop wanted Kidd in first place)

Bob Lanier
02-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Darko is a lot of bad things but I never thought he was soft.

He'd certainly give you a combination of quickness, length, and strength in the middle you haven't had since before David Robinson's injury.

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 04:40 PM

He'd certainly give you a combination of quickness, length, and strength in the middle you haven't had since before David Robinson's injury.

I agree.The kid is only what? 23?
he can get better and stronger.remember Yao in his first two or three seasons?????

exstatic
02-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Darko is 21. He will turn 22 this summer.

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Darko is 21. He will turn 22 this summer.

CRAP!!He is mad young!!!bring him in!!!

romain.star
02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Talking about young european center.... Petro from Seatle is 19 years. Has anyone seen him playing this season?

rascal
02-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Lets not get carried away with comparing him to D Robinson. These two should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I don't see Darko as quick or strong in the middle. He does not look like a strong defensive low post player.

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Lets not get carried away with comparing him to D Robinson. These two should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

I don't see Darko as quick or strong in the middle. He does not look like a strong defensive low post player.

you are right ,but if you compare a young center as,Yao when he first came in, and the Yao from now,thereīs big deference.heīs got time on his side,something that most of the spurs donīt have any more

Bob Lanier
02-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I didn't compare him to Robinson. I said that he's a better athlete than any Spur big man since Robinson. If you want to compare Darko to D-Rob, yes, he also possesses many of the skills that Robinson had, but it's highly unlikely that he'll ever have the mental discipline to use them consistently.

He was an excellent defensive pivot with the Pistons and a truly outstanding shotblocker.

As I said, he's mentally weak, but I wouldn't consider him soft.

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Talking about young european center.... Petro from Seatle is 19 years. Has anyone seen him playing this season?

there is my kid -PIetro- that is only 13.
Won't come over there for less than 2 Millions.
Euros, of course.

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Give Milicic to Pop and he'll be an all star in 3 years.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Why would the Magic give up Milicic unless they think he has no chance to become anything?

romain.star
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
send me a tape of your kid, i bet he's better than this argentinian guy who's hanging around TD during games

exstatic
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Why would the Magic give up Milicic unless they think he has no chance to become anything?
Orlando won't, but he may accept the year 5 offer this summer, a la Kandi and Rasho, and be unrestricted in '08. He will just have turned 23 at that point.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Orlando won't, but he may accept the year 5 offer this summer, a la Kandi and Rasho, and be unrestricted in '08. He will just have turned 23 at that point.
Why would he want to do that? The Magic will have plenty of money to pay him, he'll have a bigger role there than he would here, and their future is brighter long-term.

exstatic
02-03-2007, 06:41 PM
He already turned down their extension offer last summer, which isn't a good sign for Orlando. I think he was one of the only ones in his draft class to do so. It's not a total stretch.

I think his role would be about the same here as in Orlando next to Howard: D-up the primary big, rebound and block shots.

romain.star
02-03-2007, 06:43 PM
he would be a starter in SA

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 06:44 PM
he would be a starter in SA

anybody could start in SA as a center (with Oberto and Elson)even myself could do it,and Iīm only 5.11

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
send me a tape of your kid, i bet he's better than this argentinian guy who's hanging around TD during games

Untill Oberto wins a game with a single foul, like my kid did a couple of weeks ago, that might be not too uncorrect......

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:53 PM
anybody could start in SA as a center (with Oberto and Elson)even myself could do it,and Iīm only 5.11

I'm 6'3''.
And I would raise the average age even further.
I should send in a CV, just in case.

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
The Orlando Magic is one of those teams whose future is always brigther.

By definition.

They love that "Wait till tomorrow" feeling.......

temujin
02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh and I can easily beat BB in a FT contest.
I should DEFINITELY send in a CV.

And if I fail with the Spurs, I can always go to the Knicks.
I can't imagine that they turn me down.......

romain.star
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
And if the Knicks turn you down, send your application to the Celts, and on your way back to SA, leave your CV in Charlotte... that's the easiest road to become an NBA player

temujin
02-03-2007, 07:34 PM
And if the Knicks turn you down,

Difficult if I ask an outrageous amount of money, require a no-cut 15 years contract and show zero talent plus some 15 pounds overweight a-la-Malik.

send your application to the Celts,

Right. I have to highlight that I am white and my kids have celtic ascents.

and on your way back to SA, leave your CV in Charlotte...

That, really, I don't have the foggiest idea of where it is.

that's the easiest road to become an NBA player

Actually no: those places are between SA and here. Milano, Italy.

Cheers.

SenorSpur
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I think Detroit were BIG fools to give this guy up. Now look who they've got starting at center - Chris "One Leg" Webber.

That said, I'd love for the Spurs to be able to get this guy. However, it's a pipe dream - at best. Same for Gasol. Unless you're willing to part with one of the big 3 (and that would be simply insane) it wouldn't happen.

romain.star
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Ginobili for Gasol, i buy it

romain.star
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
i mean Gasol for Ginobili

rascal
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Been watching Milicic again tonight. He does not look good. Has a nice soft touch on his shot but is not quick and is getting dunked on by Curry all game long. Curry looks much quicker. Darko looks timid and not very agressive.

He is always getting boxed out and most of the time his man is always on the inside closer to the basket because Darko is boxed out. He also bites on most fakes and guys get right by him. He has bad latteral quickness and doesn't look like he jumps very good (white man hops). Would rather play away from the basket. Also had at least 3 three second violations the few times I saw him in the lane. Been in the league 4 years and still doesn't know how to play.

Does have a nice shot for a guy his size but does not look to be a strong interior defensive player. Also not agressive in getting to the ball to get rebounds.

I don't want this project on the spurs.

Pistons < Spurs
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I think Detroit were BIG fools to give this guy up. Now look who they've got starting at center - Chris "One Leg" Webber.

Agreed.

Joe D. miscalculated. He partly got rid of him to be sure the team had enough $$$ to resign Ben Wallace ... oops!

But, as Joe D also stated, too much had happened in Detroit for it to have worked for Darko. Expectations were too high, and patience was too low. No one was willing to allow him to mature, develop and become comfortable with the culture of the NBA and America. LB was also the absolute worse coach that he could have had for his first 2 years.

He may never live up to a #2 overall picks perceived ability/value/worth, but I still to this day believe he's going to be a very good player for a number of years. He should be a 4, not a 5 like LB wanted him to be, and what he's often playing in Orlando. He's not physical enough to battle down low on a consistent basis. Other than his blocking ability, he'll always be somewhat lacking defensively. He still thinks too much instead of reacting. Which tells me he's still not comfortable with his role.

But he's only 21. His first 2 years were completely wasted by LB ... a coach who notoriously has failed to develop any young player as he simply wants veterans who already know how to play.

Since day 1, I always said he's going to be a J Oneal type of player who is going to take time to grow and learn to play. For those who don't remember, in JO's 4th year, he averaged 3.9pts and 3.3rbs

And it looks like he's starting to come around. His last 3 games (including tonights) he averaged:

28minutes 15.6pts 6rbs 2blks 1ast FG-53% FT-68%

I'd love to see the Pistons go after him this year even though there is absolutely zero chance he'd agree to come back :(

WalterBenitez
02-04-2007, 06:20 AM

I love Darko since he played in DET, not sure if rigth now he'll be great adition; but under POP's hands ... :eyebrows he'll be able to understand those words of POP; I think that Darko could improve I watched some good games of the kid ...I really liked, but don't go fast he's not Mr. consistency.

There's no micracle guy outside... only talent + works + Goad coaching will bring us to Championship series.

WalterBenitez
02-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Agreed.

Joe D. miscalculated. He partly got rid of him to be sure the team had enough $$$ to resign Ben Wallace ... oops!

But, as Joe D also stated, too much had happened in Detroit for it to have worked for Darko. Expectations were too high, and patience was too low. No one was willing to allow him to mature, develop and become comfortable with the culture of the NBA and America. LB was also the absolute worse coach that he could have had for his first 2 years.

He may never live up to a #2 overall picks perceived ability/value/worth, but I still to this day believe he's going to be a very good player for a number of years. He should be a 4, not a 5 like LB wanted him to be, and what he's often playing in Orlando. He's not physical enough to battle down low on a consistent basis. Other than his blocking ability, he'll always be somewhat lacking defensively. He still thinks too much instead of reacting. Which tells me he's still not comfortable with his role.

But he's only 21. His first 2 years were completely wasted by LB ... a coach who notoriously has failed to develop any young player as he simply wants veterans who already know how to play.

Since day 1, I always said he's going to be a J Oneal type of player who is going to take time to grow and learn to play. For those who don't remember, in JO's 4th year, he averaged 3.9pts and 3.3rbs

And it looks like he's starting to come around. His last 3 games (including tonights) he averaged:

I'd love to see the Pistons go after him this year even though there is absolutely zero chance he'd agree to come back :(

I agreed that combo Carlos (Delfino and Arroyo) + Darko were too much for old fashion way of coaching of Mr. LB ... those kids hasn't any chance to be developed there; Why didn't send them to Europe, NBDL or so you got (IMO) your future in your hand and you let it go.

mavsfan1000
02-04-2007, 06:50 AM
How about bring Dwight Howard in? Keep dreaming.

WalterBenitez
02-04-2007, 07:48 AM
How about bring Dwight Howard in? Keep dreaming.
Keep dreaming :lol :lol :lol :lol

ginobili fan
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM

wake up, PETRO is 21 years.
But I think he will be very good.
Very good blocker,a good defender,good rebounder...he would be perfect with Tim. We can dream sometimes... :rolleyes

ploto
02-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I remember a guy with similar qualities. Yeah, he was soft, but he was young and skillful. He was from Europe. Unfortunately, he stayed soft, and those skills never developed. Did you know that Rasho used to be able to hit a 15ft with consistancy?
Did you know he does again this season?

exstatic
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Did you know he does again this season?
Did you know that some players can't function on a contending team where there are expectations placed on them? The poor dears usually wind up on middle of the road teams with no pressure or expectations.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Been watching Milicic again tonight. He does not look good. Has a nice soft touch on his shot but is not quick and is getting dunked on by Curry all game long. Curry looks much quicker. Darko looks timid and not very agressive.

He is always getting boxed out and most of the time his man is always on the inside closer to the basket because Darko is boxed out. He also bites on most fakes and guys get right by him. He has bad latteral quickness and doesn't look like he jumps very good (white man hops). Would rather play away from the basket. Also had at least 3 three second violations the few times I saw him in the lane. Been in the league 4 years and still doesn't know how to play.

Does have a nice shot for a guy his size but does not look to be a strong interior defensive player. Also not agressive in getting to the ball to get rebounds.

I don't want this project on the spurs.

He is soft and lacks fire and drive.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Agreed.

I wouldn't want him back if he came for free. That soft loser has no heart at all. He thinks that everyone owes him something he won't earn crap.
Blame LB if you want but Darko just never tried even when we put him in. He was to good for summer camp and big man camp. Just look at Amir how hard that kid is working will play anytime anywhere. If Darko had half of that drive he would be an allstar truth is he doesn't and will never have it.

jacobdrj
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Darko was many things in his time here in Detroit... but 1 thing he was not, was soft.

Pop is the disciple of Larry: The student who greatly surpassed his master... The biggest difference between Pop and Larry is that Pop used his talent, and knew how to manage talent, and knew how to develop talent. If there is anyone who can actually do something with Darko, it is probably Pop. He will say the same things Larry did, but will allow him to fail in the game a little, before he sees if he can pick it up...

Don't forget, Darko is one of the quickest PLAYERS in the NBA too, that includes Point Guards... Kid has talent. We just need to see if he has game too.

The only other guy who might do something with Darko, in the lines of making him an All Star, would probably bee Phil Jackson, and to a lesser extent, Avery Johnson. Both guys aren't afraid to go deep into their bench, and shake things up.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Darko was many things in his time here in Detroit... but 1 thing he was not, was soft.

Pop is the disciple of Larry: The student who greatly surpassed his master... The biggest difference between Pop and Larry is that Pop used his talent, and knew how to manage talent, and knew how to develop talent. If there is anyone who can actually do something with Darko, it is probably Pop. He will say the same things Larry did, but will allow him to fail in the game a little, before he sees if he can pick it up...

Don't forget, Darko is one of the quickest PLAYERS in the NBA too, that includes Point Guards... Kid has talent. We just need to see if he has game too.

The only other guy who might do something with Darko, in the lines of making him an All Star, would probably bee Phil Jackson, and to a lesser extent, Avery Johnson. Both guys aren't afraid to go deep into their bench, and shake things up.

Yes SOFT is what he was also not a hard worker. Fast if you mean to pick up a foul. I thought he was a good passer. He will never be an allstar he has the tools but that is not enough.

exstatic
02-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll give Darko a pass on his time in Detroit. LB almost did the EXACT same thing to Sean Elliott as a young player. It probably took Sean 5-6 years to shake it off and become the All Star player that he was.

ArgSpursFan
02-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Did you know that some players can't function on a contending team where there are expectations placed on them? The poor dears usually wind up on middle of the road teams with no pressure or expectations.

really Einstain??Did you know that he has been in the Serbia & Montenegro national team since he is 17 years old???+he won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002 in Indianapilis.
thats not a team with out expectations dude.
try again later.

exstatic
02-04-2007, 09:29 PM
really Einstain??Did you know that he has been in the Serbia & Montenegro national team since he is 17 years old???+he won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002 in Indianapilis.
thats not a team with out expectations dude.
try again later.
You just keep looking more and more stupid. Rasho is a Slovenian national, even though he was born to Serbian Parents.

Slovenia: Did not qualify for the 2002 world championship or the 2004 Olympics.

Primoz Brezec (Charlotte Bobcats)
Beno Udrih (Spurs)
Rasho Nesterovic (Raptors)
link to USAToday article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/2006-08-17-usa-basketball-cover_x.htm)

ArgSpursFan
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
You just keep looking more and more stupid. Rasho is a Slovenian national, even though he was born to Serbian Parents.

link to USAToday article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/2006-08-17-usa-basketball-cover_x.htm)
well,excuse me but you were talking about MILICIC!!!!!!Ainstain,not rasho

exstatic
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Oh, and before I forget:

PZWN3D, Bitch.

ArgSpursFan
02-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh, and before I forget:

PZWN3D, Bitch.

you canīt stand me knowing more BB tham you ,huh?

johnpaulwall21
02-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I would take the mo fo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wakeup

nkdlunch
02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
he would not fit in. don't we need victories to utilize the victory cigar?

Solid D
02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
well,excuse me but you were talking about MILICIC!!!!!!Ainstain,not rasho

If you look back at exstatic's reply to remingtonbo2001, he was indeed referring to Rasho.

LEONARD
02-05-2007, 01:40 PM
First KVH, now Darko...not a good sign Spurs fans!! :fro

jacobdrj
02-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes SOFT is what he was also not a hard worker. Fast if you mean to pick up a foul. I thought he was a good passer. He will never be an allstar he has the tools but that is not enough.

You obviously missed the 3 times he played:

Kid has a mean streak like you wouldn't believe.

Remember the time he was voted by the opposition to shoot free throws for someone... he waved the 'choke' sign, and sunk them both...

He was a shot blocking machine here... the 3 times he played...

Soft he was not. Arrogant and a poor work ethic, I'll give you that. A poor shot, I'll give you that too. Bad attitude, maybe... but soft he was not.

Quick to get fouls... sure, but he was also the fastest guy on the floor, and got to the other side before Rip did in transition... One of the fastest players in the NBA, including guards...

FreshPrince22
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Pop would have him on the inactive list within a week with his on/off (mostly off) effort.

ata
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Pop would have him on the inactive list within a week with his on/off (mostly off) effort.
Pop would have him on IL, because Pop is not able to develop young players. Afterall, Larry Brown was his mentor.

exstatic
02-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Pop would have him on IL, because Pop is not able to develop young players. Afterall, Larry Brown was his mentor.
Yes because Tony Parker didn't start 4 games into his rookie season, and Ginobili wasn't a rotation player as a rookie, and Devin wasn't a rotation player in his second year. Pop NEVER develops young talent. :dizzy
Pop is a disciple of LB. He's also a disciple of Nellie, yet, somehow, the Spurs manage to PLAY some fucking defense. It's not all about imitation...

Vinnie_Johnson
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
You obviously missed the 3 times he played:

Kid has a mean streak like you wouldn't believe.

Remember the time he was voted by the opposition to shoot free throws for someone... he waved the 'choke' sign, and sunk them both...

He was a shot blocking machine here... the 3 times he played...

Soft he was not. Arrogant and a poor work ethic, I'll give you that. A poor shot, I'll give you that too. Bad attitude, maybe... but soft he was not.

Quick to get fouls... sure, but he was also the fastest guy on the floor, and got to the other side before Rip did in transition... One of the fastest players in the NBA, including guards...

Are you talking about the game he started in Atlanta? If so yes he did look good. I think we can agree that he does some good things but until his attitude changes he will never be great.

ata
02-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Yes because Tony Parker didn't start 4 games into his rookie season, and Ginobili wasn't a rotation player as a rookie, and Devin wasn't a rotation player in his second year. Pop NEVER develops young talent. :dizzy
Pop is a disciple of LB. He's also a disciple of Nellie, yet, somehow, the Spurs manage to PLAY some fucking defense. It's not all about imitation...

Ginobili was not young player as he came to NBA. He already was internatiol star and experienced player.
Parker is just an exception. Parker would be 2nd string guard at best (if Spurs would extend his contract), if FO would manage to bring Kidd to Spurs. Don't you remember? Pop didn't recognized all-star potential in Parker, he wanted Kidd. We are just lucky, that Parker has character as he has,and that he hasn't chrusher under Pop's pressure.

Can you name anyone else? Pop (or FO) is constantly trading picks, Pop is not interested in development of young players at all. He wants just experienced veterans, does NVE bust rings any bells?
Duncan would be instant all-star under any coach in any team in his rookie year.

Beno is typical example. He showed more than enough talent in his rookie season to become more than solid 2nd string PG. Pop didn't care about his development, he rather brought NVE. Where is Beno know?

Pop also let Devin Brown went. Why exactly? Back problems, lack of athlecism, lack of hard work? No, he was to young to build instant championship team. How does Devin look today?

How do Spurs look today? Old and unmotivated! That is Pop's responsibility!

Pop WAS a great coach! He has no more fuel left, no new ideas (except stupid ones - Parker shot too much).

Pop must leave the bench!

zeleni
02-07-2007, 08:08 AM
If it's possible.... do it. Even without Manu, Beno or TP...

exstatic
02-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Pop also let Devin Brown went. Why exactly? Back problems, lack of athlecism, lack of hard work?
Yes, no, yes.

No, he was to young to build instant championship team. How does Devin look today?
Funny, I remember Devin on the floor after game 7 in 2005. That was pretty "instant". Today? He looks more motivated. The reason he wasn't on the floor after game 6 in 2003 was that he was CUT for constantly being late for practice and having poor work habits.

Beno is typical example. He showed more than enough talent in his rookie season to become more than solid 2nd string PG. Pop didn't care about his development, he rather brought NVE. Where is Beno know?
You people want championships, yet don't understand why Pop shies away from a PG that can't bring the fucking ball up the court in the Finals? Beno damn near cost us that series.

ata
02-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes, no, yes.

Funny, I remember Devin on the floor after game 7 in 2005. That was pretty "instant". Today? He looks more motivated. The reason he wasn't on the floor after game 6 in 2003 was that he was CUT for constantly being late for practice and having poor work habits.

You people want championships, yet don't understand why Pop shies away from a PG that can't bring the fucking ball up the court in the Finals? Beno damn near cost us that series.
So, who or what motivates a player? I guess coach has much to do with motivation.

It is 2007 and you still can't forget finals from 2005? So rookie can costs team, as SA was in 2005, a championship? Rookie? Give me a break!

exstatic
02-07-2007, 08:46 AM
So, who or what motivates a player? I guess coach has much to do with motivation.
Pop can't go to his crib and set the alarm clock for him so he'll be on time for practice. I'd say if you want to be a Spur, you had better damn well motivate yourself.

My point, being lost in all of this, is that Larry Brown wouldn't have played ANY of those players: Manu, Tony, or Devin. Pop is NOT L.B.

ArgSpursFan
02-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Pop can't go to his crib and set the alarm clock for him so he'll be on time for practice. I'd say if you want to be a Spur, you had better damn well motivate yourself.

My point, being lost in all of this, is that Larry Brown wouldn't have played ANY of those players: Manu, Tony, or Devin. Pop is NOT L.B.

larry Brown never played a guy like Delfino while he was in detroit.What an Ass H***e

ata
02-07-2007, 08:55 AM

Manu was NBA ready and he would get PT even under LB. I can't say anything about Devin, but hey don't forget: Pop was FORCED to play Parker. Pop wanted Kidd in first place!
And yes, LB is even worse with rookies as Pop is.

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Tonight Darko had a career high 21 points along with 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks in 34 minutes

In the month of Feb, he's averaging:

28min 13.2pts 6rbs 1.7asts 1.85blks 52.9FG% 84.6FT%

Nero
02-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Darko has no heart. As soon as he gets a decent contract he'll disappear forever.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2007, 12:58 AM
sheldon williams hawks>darko

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2007, 01:21 AM
sheldon williams hawks>darko

Really?

Based on what?

Williams is 2 years older, and played 4 years in a top notch college program. Yet doesn't look much better than Darko right now.

Whereas Darko at 15 was playing in an adults league ....In another country... if you call it playing. He was at the end of the bench. Saw very little playing time.

He was drafted on potential. Sheldon was labeled as NBA ready.

I don't think anyone is able to make a verdict on what Darko may or may not be.

His first 2 years were not only wasted by LB, but probably sent him backwards a year. This year w/ Orlando is for the most part, his rookie year.

Sheldon may be a better defender and rebounder, I give you that. But I still think Darko has the ability to be an All Star in this league. Sheldon has had tons more preparation for the NBA than Darko could even dream of, yet right now, Darko looks to be the better of the 2.

T Park
02-15-2007, 02:53 AM
6 rebounds for a 7 foot second pick overall in the draft is just stupidly low.

To his defense Dwight Howard sucks up alot of rebounds.

atxrocker
02-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Darko has no heart. As soon as he gets a decent contract he'll disappear forever.

I thought the disappearing part already happened...