PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs the WORLD...BRING IT!!!

Amarelooms
02-03-2007, 09:19 AM
True battle of good (Mavs) vs evil (rest of NBA and you haters). Not smart to upset the Mavs and the little general. Be afraid...very afraid :ihit

Josh Howard

"Motivation, that's all I need," he said of the snub by coaches. "They don't want me to be an All-Star? I'm going to show them. I've been an underdog my whole life. This is just another step to prove everybody who didn't vote for me wrong."

Avery Johnson

"We all know he's playing at an All-Star level," coach Avery Johnson said. "What kind of words? Disappointed? Disgrace?

"Last year when Detroit sent four guys, guys were playing at an All-Star level and their team was being rewarded for having a good record. We didn't get rewarded."

Josh Howard said, "It just makes me stronger. I had a lot of family and friends call and say I was their all-star regardless. We [the Mavs] still got a lot to prove. They still don't think too much about us. We're going to be all right."

"It's like they're punishing us for being the Mavericks," Howard said.

BUMP
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Josh Howard

"Motivation, that's all I need," he said of the snub by coaches. "They don't want me to be an All-Star? I'm going to show them. I've been an underdog my whole life. This is just another step to prove everybody who didn't vote for me wrong."

Avery Johnson

"We all know he's playing at an All-Star level," coach Avery Johnson said. "What kind of words? Disappointed? Disgrace?

"Last year when Detroit sent four guys, guys were playing at an All-Star level and their team was being rewarded for having a good record. We didn't get rewarded."

Josh Howard said, "It just makes me stronger. I had a lot of family and friends call and say I was their all-star regardless. We [the Mavs] still got a lot to prove. They still don't think too much about us. We're going to be all right."

LOL, nice try.

where's the link? :lol

Flight3107
02-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Mav's snub: Addition by omission?

01:31 AM CST on Saturday, February 3, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Josh Howard had a feeling he was going to get the short end of the All-Star stick. And he has a few words of advice to all the Western Conference coaches who think he's not worthy.

Mainly, that they may be sorry they omitted him from their ballot.

Howard returned to Dallas on Friday wearing the big smile that only new fathers know. His son came into the world Wednesday night, less than 24 hours before Howard was left off of the All-Star reserves.

"I knew that was going to happen," Howard said. "I've been saying for a long time that the All-Star Game is overrated. I still have an opportunity because of those two guys who are hurt, but it's a long shot to me. So I'm looking forward to spending that time with my son."

Howard could still be in Las Vegas on Feb. 18, but it will require commissioner David Stern replacing one of the injured Western Conference stars, Carlos Boozer or Yao Ming, with Howard. Even if that happens, it's still a bit hollow because the coaches didn't vote him in.

Regardless, Howard will concentrate on the business at hand, which is keeping the Mavericks atop the NBA.

Howard, in his fourth season, has plenty of good years ahead of him and he is likely to be an All-Star before his career is done. But nobody can take away the joy he had on Wednesday when, at 9:38 p.m., his first child was born.

"It's an amazing feeling being able to bring somebody else into this world," he said. "Last night [Thursday] was the first night I actually cried. I'm still stunned about it. All I could do was stare at him."

Howard didn't arrive back in Dallas until after Friday's practice, but teammates and coaches couldn't believe Howard didn't get the call for his first All-Star Game.

Why not?

"It's hard to figure out," he said. "But Josh is a team player and he'll try to make it next year. We got bigger fish to fry, but it's still disappointing."

As Dirk Nowitzki added, being an All-Star is not why he plays. But Howard is going through a proving process that Nowitzki also endured early in his career.

"I probably deserved to be on one before I made it the first time, so I guess it happens," he said. "You just have to keep working and keep showing the coaches you deserve it."

The Mavericks also felt that a double standard was at work in picking the teams. One argument made for Washington's Caron Butler making the Eastern Conference reserves was that he was averaging 20 points and eight rebounds and wasn't even his team's first option offensively.

Howard's numbers are virtually identical and neither is he the Mavericks' first option. And his team has the league's best record.

Six teams with poorer records than the Mavericks placed at least two players in the All-Star Game.

"You couldn't help but notice that," said Jason Terry. "The Suns have three players, San Antone has two, but what can you do. You just go on about your business."

Howard said, "It just makes me stronger. I had a lot of family and friends call and say I was their all-star regardless. We [the Mavs] still got a lot to prove. They still don't think too much about us. We're going to be all right."

Chris Childs
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
You gotta be serious right? Until the Mavs can win a title, then...............

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I doubt the coaches forgot his timeout fiasco.

cornbread
02-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow, talk about sour grapes.

I thought all that mattered to the Mavs this season was winning a championship anyways. Why whine so much about this?

"It's like they're punishing us for being the Mavericks," Howard said.:rolleyes

Shank
02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
They're saying these things in trying to justify the snub. They'll get over it. In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal. Maybe Josh was hyped up by all the talk in the weeks leading up the naming of the reserves and had almost assumed he was in. Avery will keep them focused on the big prize. I just hope Josh doesn't try to do too much and have another game like he did in Chicago last week.

cornbread
02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
^^^Exactly. That's what would worry me if I were a Mavs fan. Howard's playing at a superb level, individually and within the team system. No need for him to get distracted and try to prove something.

Flight3107
02-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I dont think any Mavs fans are worried about Josh Howard. The people that should be worried about Josh Howard is the rest of the league.

Howard said, "It just makes me stronger. I had a lot of family and friends call and say I was their all-star regardless. We [the Mavs] still got a lot to prove. They still don't think too much about us. We're going to be all right."

Bruno
02-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Players are snubbed each year for all star and it's not big deal.

RS189
02-03-2007, 12:20 PM
why does amarelooms still post here

Amarelooms
02-03-2007, 01:34 PM
why does amarelooms still post here

Who are you? Go to the QUeens forum and fuck off please :ihit

cornbread
02-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I dont think any Mavs fans are worried about Josh Howard. The people that should be worried about Josh Howard is the rest of the league.
:lol I'm sure they're shaking in their nikes after reading his quotes in this article.

Amarelooms
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
:lol I'm sure they're shaking in their nikes after reading his quotes in this article.

If the old ass Spurs start shaking in their nikes they might injury themselves and pull a hamstring lol

BgT
02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Mavs vs. the world! LOOOL :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
The idea that the coaches "didn't want" Howard on the All-Star team is absolute nonsense. The fact that Howard didn't get enough votes and that the voting seems odd to some people, on the other hand, is fairly easy to explain, as John Hollinger has (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2007/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2751487&CMP=ILC-INHEAD) with a convincing hypothesis:

How to improve All-Star reserve selection process
By John Hollinger

Blame the system.

It's easy to think that the Western Conference coaches are fools for taking three guards on the All-Star team when the conference is dominated by forwards. It gets even easier when one realizes the league's leading scorer was among the omissions.

But the result of any vote is only as good as the system it uses, and in this case the All-Star voting process has a fairly obscure flaw that can lead to results like the ones we saw Thursday. The way it's set up, it's possible for multiple players at a position with weak competition to make the squad ahead of better players at a very strong position, even if that's a result that none of the coaches intended.

Let me construct a model of the vote and walk you through it so you can see what I mean. The system requires the coaches to choose two guards, two forwards, a center and two "wild cards" from any position. The league then tallies up everybody's votes and announces the winners.

We'll begin with the Western Conference guards. One of the choices was obvious: Steve Nash. Presumably he was on every ballot except Mike D'Antoni's (coaches can't vote for their own players). But at the other guard spot, suppose that the coaches were evenly split between Tony Parker and Allen Iverson as the second guard, and that no other candidate drew a vote. Additionally, suppose that D'Antoni would vote for both since he can't select Nash. In this example, it's possible that each would end up with eight votes from the 15 coaches.

Now move on to the forwards. Again, there were two fairly obvious choices: Dirk Nowitzki and Carlos Boozer. Dirk was probably unanimous except for his own coach, and Boozer may have been, as well (the votes were cast before the extent of Boozer's knee injury was known).

At center, Amare Stoudemire was also probably a near-unanimous choice (though it doesn't affect the discussion any if Marcus Camby got a few votes.)

Here's where it gets tricky. The coaches can also select two wild cards at any position to fill out their roster. Presumably they all went for forwards, given the strength of the position in the West. But if they all went for different forwards, there's a real problem. Suppose that among the four primary candidates at forward -- Shawn Marion, Josh Howard and Elton Brand -- Marion pulled down 11 votes while the other three got seven apiece.

In that case, when the league tallied up the votes, the final result would be:

Nowitzki -- 14
Nash -- 14
Boozer -- 14
Stoudemire -- 14
Marion -- 11
Parker -- 8
Iverson -- 8
Anthony -- 7
Brand -- 7
Howard -- 7

So Parker and Iverson would make it ahead of the three forwards, even though no coach (except D'Antoni, who had to) put both players on their ballot. Which is a striking outcome, because it produces three guards on the team even if every coach wanted only two.

And the more muddled the forward picture gets, the more likely this scenario is to happen. For instance, if Zach Randolph had pinched a few votes from the other three at the bottom, the margin between the two guards and the forward would be even greater. In fact, in extreme cases it's possible to end up with four guards and two forwards on the team even if the coaches wanted four forwards and two guards.

We can't know whether this is what happened because the league doesn't announce the voting results, but it's the most logical explanation. And if it is the cause, this probably isn't the first time. For instance, the Eastern Conference had a few weird years at the start of the decade when two centers made it as reserves even though the league was dominated by guards -- this model shows why.

Is there an easy way to fix it? Sure.

Have the coaches vote for the five subs at each position first. Then have them vote for the two "wild cards" at any position from the players that are left. It would take a little longer and wouldn't produce a tidy little announcement of all seven players at once. But if that system were in place, the Western Conference would have four forwards and two guards on the squad like everybody intended, rather than an All-Star team nobody would have selected on his own.

Of course, the problem with applying rational thought to something like this is that it immediately takes away the "disrespected" card, while depriving fans of having something to whine about.

RS189
02-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Who are you? Go to the QUeens forum and fuck off please :ihit

ill go there if you go back to the troll forum :toast

btw, you forgot that to be a good troll you atleast have to be a little funny

Amarelooms
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM
ill go there if you go back to the troll forum :toast

btw, you forgot that to be a good troll you atleast have to be a little funny

WGAS what you think...you will not get another response from me...later douche bag :ihit

Nashfan
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
WGAS what you think...you will not get another response from me...later douche bag :ihit

Is that you Ponky? :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Is that you Ponky? :lol

actually ponky posts here as ponky

Flopper
02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
:blah :blah :blah

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Howard is not the only worthy snub. How about Kidd and Carter whose team is not even winning in the Titanic division going over Ben Gordon or Rip Hamilton?

ponky
02-03-2007, 04:50 PM
You gotta be serious right? Until the Mavs can win a title, then...............

LMFAO, uh I think he IS serious and I think you meant "You can't be serious, right?"

:shootme

ponky
02-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, talk about sour grapes.

I thought all that mattered to the Mavs this season was winning a championship anyways. Why whine so much about this?

"It's like they're punishing us for being the Mavericks," Howard said.:rolleyes

it's one interview that focused on the all-star game for maybe a minute total...i don't think he'll continue whining about it on and on and on and on.....like after a spurs regular season loss, when the whine just keeps flowing

Nashfan
02-03-2007, 04:53 PM

I know that, just giving her a bad time! :lol

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 04:56 PM
So is Howard going to yell All Star everytime he takes a shot?

ponky
02-03-2007, 04:56 PM

he's just mad because he got pwned last night and didn't like it

btw, i like that pac-man avatar

ponky
02-03-2007, 04:57 PM

LOL, he's going to do a Shaq (pointing his finger at Buss to argue his case for a raise) and point his finger at David Stern everytime he hits a shot.

Nashfan
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
he's just mad because he got pwned last night and didn't like it

btw, i like that pac-man avatar

I don't get mad over silly stuff like last night. :rolleyes

mabber
02-03-2007, 06:01 PM
^^^Exactly. That's what would worry me if I were a Mavs fan. Howard's playing at a superb level, individually and within the team system. No need for him to get distracted and try to prove something.

Actually, he had been playing poorly the week or so prior to missing 2 games while his son was born.

Leetonidas
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Josh Howard is a fag.

Amarelooms
02-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Josh Howard is a fag.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2hcmhd1.gif

leemajors
02-03-2007, 06:37 PM

maybe they should play that horrible smashmouth song every time he scores instead.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Get in line Josh. Melo should be there first and then you.

Im sure both of them will be selected by Stern though.

sandeepgm
02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Josh has been taking too many attempts and he is a blackhole at times. Dont think he fully gets the team concept...

Amarelooms
02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Josh has been taking too many attempts and he is a blackhole at times. Dont think he fully gets the team concept...

Yeah couple times tonight he didn't make the extra pass to the open guy. Avery better get on him

RonMexico
02-04-2007, 01:52 AM

I can't figure out what he means by that...

The reason the Pistons got 4 in there last year is (a) because of all the hype they got and (b) it's easier to sneak those 4 in the East where the level of play wasn't that high last year. I still thought it was dumb when they got 4 in, though.

Still, I don't know who else besides Howard and Dirk would be All-Stars from the Mavs. It's not like they have a similar 4 that got snubbed who can matchup with those 4 from Detroit.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-04-2007, 01:55 AM

The reason the Pistons got 4 in there last year is (a) because of all the hype they got and (b) it's easier to sneak those 4 in the East where the level of play wasn't that high last year. I still thought it was dumb when they got 4 in, though.

35-5 is why they got 4

mabber
02-04-2007, 10:22 AM

Still, I don't know who else besides Howard and Dirk would be All-Stars from the Mavs. It's not like they have a similar 4 that got snubbed who can matchup with those 4 from Detroit.

If you had Cuban as an owner you'd probably understand. I'm sure he just believes the league/Stern is against them because of Cuban. Cuban is such an idiot sometimes...even when he's trying not to get fines, be in the news all the time, he still makes backhanded comments about Stern that everyone heres. He's always making comments like "that's the way things are done at David Stern University and I'm sure they know what they're doing" :lol

And, yes, there are no other Mavs that should have been considered for the allstar team.

lurker
02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
maybe they should play that horrible smashmouth song every time he scores instead.
Don't give Cuban any ideas.

stretch
02-04-2007, 10:54 AM
35-5 is why they got 4
that, and the talent level isnt as high in the East, as it is in the West. also, those players were all deserving of being there, IMO. they were all playing at a very high level.

while i think Howard should have made it, he still had to deal with a much larger pool of talent as well. if those Pistons were in the West last year, there is no way in hell that they would have been 35-5, nor had 4 players playing at an all-star level.

Big Shot Rob
02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Gotta admit--Josh has a right to be bitter--he's having a great year,

As for fans making fun of him--the biggest mistake in the history of the Spurs was not drafting Josh Howard...

dg7md
02-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I can't wait for the Mavs to choke again.

td4mvp21
02-04-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't really pity Howard. Nothing is "fair" about NBA basketball.

mavs>spurs2
02-04-2007, 07:12 PM

Like they did against the spurs? Or do u mean like they did against the suns? Oh, you mean like they did against the refs. Got ya.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM

I can't wait for the Spurs to be good again.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I can't wait for the Spurs to be good again.

A mavs choke job is way more likely than the Spurs getting good again.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
:lol

stretch
02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Howard is not the only worthy snub. How about Kidd and Carter whose team is not even winning in the Titanic division going over Ben Gordon or Rip Hamilton?
actually, Rip Hamilton did get in. check again.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-05-2007, 12:31 AM
True battle of good (Mavs) vs evil (rest of NBA and you haters). Not smart to upset the Mavs and the little general. Be afraid...very afraid :ihit

Josh Howard

Avery Johnson

"It's like they're punishing us for being the Mavericks," Howard said.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/violin.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Mav's snub: Addition by omission?

01:31 AM CST on Saturday, February 3, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Josh Howard had a feeling he was going to get the short end of the All-Star stick. And he has a few words of advice to all the Western Conference coaches who think he's not worthy.

Mainly, that they may be sorry they omitted him from their ballot.

Howard returned to Dallas on Friday wearing the big smile that only new fathers know. His son came into the world Wednesday night, less than 24 hours before Howard was left off of the All-Star reserves.

"I knew that was going to happen," Howard said. "I've been saying for a long time that the All-Star Game is overrated. I still have an opportunity because of those two guys who are hurt, but it's a long shot to me. So I'm looking forward to spending that time with my son."

Howard could still be in Las Vegas on Feb. 18, but it will require commissioner David Stern replacing one of the injured Western Conference stars, Carlos Boozer or Yao Ming, with Howard. Even if that happens, it's still a bit hollow because the coaches didn't vote him in.

Regardless, Howard will concentrate on the business at hand, which is keeping the Mavericks atop the NBA.

Howard, in his fourth season, has plenty of good years ahead of him and he is likely to be an All-Star before his career is done. But nobody can take away the joy he had on Wednesday when, at 9:38 p.m., his first child was born.

"It's an amazing feeling being able to bring somebody else into this world," he said. "Last night [Thursday] was the first night I actually cried. I'm still stunned about it. All I could do was stare at him."

Howard didn't arrive back in Dallas until after Friday's practice, but teammates and coaches couldn't believe Howard didn't get the call for his first All-Star Game.

Why not?

"It's hard to figure out," he said. "But Josh is a team player and he'll try to make it next year. We got bigger fish to fry, but it's still disappointing."

As Dirk Nowitzki added, being an All-Star is not why he plays. But Howard is going through a proving process that Nowitzki also endured early in his career.

"I probably deserved to be on one before I made it the first time, so I guess it happens," he said. "You just have to keep working and keep showing the coaches you deserve it."

The Mavericks also felt that a double standard was at work in picking the teams. One argument made for Washington's Caron Butler making the Eastern Conference reserves was that he was averaging 20 points and eight rebounds and wasn't even his team's first option offensively.

Howard's numbers are virtually identical and neither is he the Mavericks' first option. And his team has the league's best record.

Six teams with poorer records than the Mavericks placed at least two players in the All-Star Game.

"You couldn't help but notice that," said Jason Terry. "The Suns have three players, San Antone has two, but what can you do. You just go on about your business."

Howard said, "It just makes me stronger. I had a lot of family and friends call and say I was their all-star regardless. We [the Mavs] still got a lot to prove. They still don't think too much about us. We're going to be all right."this was written by the same guy that avery made a fool out of during that finals post game interview, right? sounds like and lot of chips, but not a lot of dip to go around. I wonder if cheese was served along with all this wine.

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Regardless, Josh Howard still is a little full of himself. Not to say Amare isn't, either, but everytime I see/read a Howard comment there's a little more than just swagger or confidence in there. His jawing at the Miami bench is a good example of his attitude.

ponky
02-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Regardless, Josh Howard still is a little full of himself. Not to say Amare isn't, either, but everytime I see/read a Howard comment there's a little more than just swagger or confidence in there. His jawing at the Miami bench is a good example of his attitude.

i'll take it...as long as he doesn't change his jersey to *Number ONE* and tattoo black jesus on his neck i'm cool with the swagger

Budkin
02-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Howard = :cry :baby

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 04:45 AM
i'll take it...as long as he doesn't change his jersey to *Number ONE* and tattoo black jesus on his neck i'm cool with the swagger

I admitted that Amare fulfills that role on the team. I he's checked his ego at the door as the year has gone on and that's helped him and Marion co-exist on and off the court.

ponky
02-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Howard = :cry :baby

Spurs in 07 = :fishing

ponky
02-05-2007, 05:24 AM
I admitted that Amare fulfills that role on the team. I he's checked his ego at the door as the year has gone on and that's helped him and Marion co-exist on and off the court.

my response was a sarcastic retort about your silly comments regarding josh...watch the heat/mavs game again, your *jawing* comments are off base but then again, it's just like a suns fan to hype something that's not really there...you asked why i target you? well now you know why...it's not really just about mavs fans, right? you just can't help but take any dig you can at anything mavs :rolleyes

LB7
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah if anyone actually watched this so called "jawing" Howard did towards the bench, you wouldn't really make a comment on it. He was basically t'd up for looking that direction and POSSIBLY mouthing SOMETHING. It was absolutely nothing. He didn't wag his finger ala Mutombo or continue and go on in any sort of ridiculous fashion. I got yellow-carded for much worse than that in a soccer game. That was nothing. That kind of "jawing" goes on all game long from both sides. Tech was unwarranted and if you have ever played any kind of organized sport, you would see that.

So, as for Howard being cocky or whatever, I'm sure he is. Most good players do have a little cockiness and thats what gives them an edge over an average joe. But, quite honestly, he is one of the quietest guys during an interview. He always makes a comment about the other guys on the team and Dirk being the MVP for the team and all that. Ultimate team guy. I love watching his interviews because he directs extra attention he is being given to other guys on the team and then he always gives that big smile right before he walks away. The guy is a team player and you can see it in the way he handles interviews and the way he is around the team. Anything you have to say other than that is just hating or slinging dirt when you don't even really pay that much attention.

Mavschick
02-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Howard...the ultimate team guy...

If Howard was the "ultimate team guy", why is he whining about being left off the West All-Star roster? I love Howard, but "team" guys say, "I'm not in this game for individual recognition. I'm in it to help my team win the championship."

stretch
02-05-2007, 11:02 AM
oh, and wanna know another incredibly cocky player? Michael Jordan. he would never run the triangle offense, tell people to get the fuck out of his way, make fun of teammates and tell them how much they suck, tell other teammates to not pass to guys he didnt like or he would not pass to them, punched teammates in practice, and would even publicly talk about how much he hated certain teammates and how useless they were. then again, he basically singlehandedly won 6 titles and is the greatest player of all-time.

while his case of cockiness is a bit extreme in comparison to Howard's cockiness, the fact is, all the best players have at least some sort of cockiness, which motivates them to do better. to be the best, you have to want to be the best, and know that you can be the best. as LB7 said, thats what gives great players an edge over average players. that motivation and determination is what can actually make someone that is very average in terms of talent, to be a great player.

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 11:13 AM
But Jordan's greatness as a basketball player wasn't a matter of debate. Amare's greatness as a teammate and player are still up for grabs. Likewise, the only people in that article who said Howard deserved an all-star berth were Avery Johnson and Josh Howard. Why didn't the "ultimate team guy" have anyone else come to his defense? Also, I've never seen him direct attention away from J-Ho himself. Just pointing that out...

I've thought he was cocky since last summer when he tried to compare his college performance against D-Wade to how they would matchup in the Finals. I thought that was a little presumptuous of him, and I was a little right.

mabber
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
All I know is that he's taking more shots than Dirk in a lot of games and that shouldn't happen most of the time.

lurker
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Likewise, the only people in that article who said Howard deserved an all-star berth were Avery Johnson and Josh Howard. Why didn't the "ultimate team guy" have anyone else come to his defense?
Some of the other Mavericks have stated that Josh deserved to be in there. Dirk being one of them.

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
So, Dirk, Josh and Avery... it's ok - Stack probably thinks he should be an All-Star over Howard anyways.

mabber
02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
So, Dirk, Josh and Avery... it's ok - Stack probably thinks he should be an All-Star over Howard anyways.

The perception of Stackhouse outside the organization and the Mav fans is funny. I guess he earned some of it back in the day but the guy is the ultimate teammate now. He's easily the most mature player on the team (as he should be cuz he's about the oldest). He's the leader of the team in the locker room and is willing to do anything to help the team win (including being the "tough guy" on the court that Avery has wanted him to be). He's also totally on board with not playing many minutes during the regular season to save himself for the playoffs. As I've said before on here, he's EASILY the most important Maverick player outside of Dirk & Josh for what he does on & off the court.

lurker
02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Or not. :lol

Jan 20, 2007, 11:32

"He's been playing great all year," says Mavericks forward Jerry Stackhouse. "Obviously being able to get all of the distractions of this being a contract year out of the way was big for him. He's been able to just relax and play and he's definitely worthy. There will be other guys, popularity-wise, who garner more votes than a Josh Howard, but the coaches who watch the games see what he brings to the table and I believe he belongs there and I look forward to him being there."

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
The endorsements of teammates should really count more than the votes of coaches in the conference.

cheguevara
02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
these things happen all the time. Howard needs to change his panties and take it like a man.

and Mavs are far from being the "good guys".
- They have bitchass players that punch ppl in the nuts,
- players that take down opposing players for defending them too well,
- have a guy named Stackhouse,
- have a coach that would sell his soul to the devil for a championship,
- an owner who is the son of satan
- and a decendant from the nazis as their star.

mavs are epitome of "evil" team.

mavsfan1000
02-05-2007, 04:33 PM
The perception of Stackhouse outside the organization and the Mav fans is funny. I guess he earned some of it back in the day but the guy is the ultimate teammate now. He's easily the most mature player on the team (as he should be cuz he's about the oldest). He's the leader of the team in the locker room and is willing to do anything to help the team win (including being the "tough guy" on the court that Avery has wanted him to be). He's also totally on board with not playing many minutes during the regular season to save himself for the playoffs. As I've said before on here, he's EASILY the most important Maverick player outside of Dirk & Josh for what he does on & off the court.
:lol You're kidding right.

mabber
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
:lol You're kidding right.

Not in the least bit. And I GUARANTEE you every player & coach on the Mav's would agree with me.

cheguevara
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
you forgot to add that Stackhouse is classy and helps old ladies cross the street

LB7
02-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Likewise, the only people in that article who said Howard deserved an all-star berth were Avery Johnson and Josh Howard. Why didn't the "ultimate team guy" have anyone else come to his defense?
Dirk, Stackhouse, Devin Harris, and Terry have each said he deserves to be there. Harris was quoted in a different article and Terry has said it after games repeatedly. They don't really quote guys like George, Buck, Damp, Diop, Croshere, or Johnson, but why would we guess that they don't feel the same way. Everybody in the Mavs organization seems to love Josh so I wouldn't hesitate to say that they all feel he should have been there. To say he doesn't have teammates backing him up is a stretch and completely untrue. Hate him or dislike him all you want, but don't be ignorant.

SOFT SPURS
02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Fuck The Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavsfan1000
02-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Not in the least bit. And I GUARANTEE you every player & coach on the Mav's would agree with me.
I'm sure they like his toughness and will defend any player that gets mentioned but no way is Stackhouse more important than Terry, Harris, Dampier, and even Devean George.

Amarelooms
02-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Fuck The Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i18.tinypic.com/2jdieyg.jpg

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Please enough with the Mavs! Enough with the Mavs vs Suns threads! Enough with anything Mavs related unless they have a game on! Everyone knows they are good. We don't need this forum with endless threads on them. :bang

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
If Howard was the "ultimate team guy", why is he whining about being left off the West All-Star roster? I love Howard, but "team" guys say, "I'm not in this game for individual recognition. I'm in it to help my team win the championship."

this is true but being named to the all-star game is more of an individual accomplishment which lots of guys aspire to throughout their careers. i don't think it should be a big distraction though and since that ONE interview, josh has pretty much been quiet. does arenas make his team better? definitely not...but should he be an all-star? i'd say yes.

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Please enough with the Mavs! Enough with the Mavs vs Suns threads! Enough with anything Mavs related unless they have a game on! Everyone knows they are good. We don't need this forum with endless threads on them. :bang

But what about J-Ho????

:elephant :rolleyes :spin :dramaquee :oops :( :bang

dirk4mvp
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Is that the first time you've used an emoticon in your post?

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
But Jordan's greatness as a basketball player wasn't a matter of debate. Amare's greatness as a teammate and player are still up for grabs. Likewise, the only people in that article who said Howard deserved an all-star berth were Avery Johnson and Josh Howard. Why didn't the "ultimate team guy" have anyone else come to his defense? Also, I've never seen him direct attention away from J-Ho himself. Just pointing that out...

Are you really that dense?

1. DALLAS MORNING NEWS article...thus, a local interview by a local guy getting two mavericks' perspective about the game

2. look at some national media outlets, plenty of analysts have come out and said that josh should be an all-star

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:43 PM

stack thought kobe should've been an mvp over dirk last year so wtf do you expect?!?!?! it's not like they went and did a poll of every single mavs player as to whether josh should be an all-star...you are ridiculous at times

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Are you really that dense?

1. DALLAS MORNING NEWS article...thus, a local interview by a local guy getting two mavericks' perspective about the game

2. look at some national media outlets, plenty of analysts have come out and said that josh should be an all-star

I know - I was just pointing out the irony of "Mavs vs. the World" when all he does is quote a local article. More extensive research would have provided those other links. I played as dumb as the thread creator.

Btw, I even said Josh Howard should be in the All-Star game. So if you want me to modify it, then I can say, Josh, Dirk, Avery and RonMexico said he should be in it. Probably Josh's new baby said so too...

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:47 PM
stack thought kobe should've been an mvp over dirk last year so wtf do you expect?!?!?! it's not like they went and did a poll of every single mavs player as to whether josh should be an all-star...you are ridiculous at times

I just don't think Stack is as good a teammate as some people on this board try to make him out to be. I think there are certain moments where he's still in it for himself even though people think he's got his eyes on the prize by "coming off the bench." Doesn't mean he's not an ass behind closed doors.

Ultimate show of selfishness was when he tried to back out and take that 3 last year against SA like an idiot and then proceeded to call it a "good look" in post-game interviews when Ginobili was clearly in his face. No apologies to his teammates for making a boneheaded decision. For all the stupidity of Tim Thomas, he at least admitted to making mistakes and thanking his teammates for bailing him out at times.

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:47 PM

i *heart* you Amare_32 but not EVERYONE knows...RonMexico lives in a bubble of hot air

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:49 PM
i *heart* you Amare_32 but not EVERYONE knows...RonMexico lives in a bubble of hot air

With my posse of Shank, dirk4mvp, stretch, Dirk Nowitzki, mavsfan1000, Nashfan, and Fillmoe.

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I know - I was just pointing out the irony of "Mavs vs. the World" when all he does is quote a local article. More extensive research would have provided those other links. I played as dumb as the thread creator.

Btw, I even said Josh Howard should be in the All-Star game. So if you want me to modify it, then I can say, Josh, Dirk, Avery and RonMexico said he should be in it. Probably Josh's new baby said so too...

i don't get you, amarelooms is like the least liked mavs fan around on ANY board, mavs included and yet you fall for the bait all the time and it just made you sound like you yourself don't know what you're talking about...anyway, ignore amarelooms, he goes into gametime mavs threads on other boards, cusses out the mavericks, talks about trades when we're down and calls the games for the other team at halftime

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
With my posse of Shank, dirk4mvp, stretch, Dirk Nowitzki, mavsfan1000, Nashfan, and Fillmoe.

lol, true true :lol

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I just don't think Stack is as good a teammate as some people on this board try to make him out to be. I think there are certain moments where he's still in it for himself even though people think he's got his eyes on the prize by "coming off the bench." Doesn't mean he's not an ass behind closed doors.

Ultimate show of selfishness was when he tried to back out and take that 3 last year against SA like an idiot and then proceeded to call it a "good look" in post-game interviews when Ginobili was clearly in his face. No apologies to his teammates for making a boneheaded decision. For all the stupidity of Tim Thomas, he at least admitted to making mistakes and thanking his teammates for bailing him out at times.

I also think there have been plenty of Suns who weren't great teammates: Amare (until recently), Marion (when he gets self-conscious), Jim Jackson, Pat Burke is kind of surly at times, Stephon Marbury, Antonio McDyess, Penny Hardaway. I'm not just singling out Stack and Josh Howard - they're just the ones whose attitudes I don't prefer and are magnified because they're on the Mavs.

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 07:52 PM

:lol

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:54 PM

I think he's definitely a contributor who like every player has a flaw or two...his is that he tries to play one-on-one at the wrong time and too often but he's kept it in check a bit more this season so I haven't screamed at the tv as much when he has the ball. I don't think the mates think he's an ass behind closed doors and it's obvious that he gets along with Avery very well outside of the game. I'm not saying he's the perfect, ideal teammate but then I doubt the same could be said about guys like Marion or Raja who also seem to sometimes have a chip on their shoulders.

ponky
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not just singling out Stack and Josh Howard - they're just the ones whose attitudes I don't prefer and are magnified because they're on the Mavs.

don't talk shit about my boy jho, he's my favorite mavericks, makes me smile everytime he steps on the floor and i might have to drive to houston and throw a basketball at your head...i absolutely won't stand any crap about josh! :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

Amarelooms
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
i don't get you, amarelooms is like the least liked mavs fan around on ANY board, mavs included and yet you fall for the bait all the time and it just made you sound like you yourself don't know what you're talking about...anyway, ignore amarelooms, he goes into gametime mavs threads on other boards, cusses out the mavericks, talks about trades when we're down and calls the games for the other team at halftime

Hahaha you are as dumb as the rest of em....are you blonde? I call it like it is unlike you homers. The greatest people are often hated and misunderstood...who gives shit if some ass clowns on the internet don't like me.

http://i5.tinypic.com/43frf2d.jpg

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I think he's definitely a contributor who like every player has a flaw or two...his is that he tries to play one-on-one at the wrong time and too often but he's kept it in check a bit more this season so I haven't screamed at the tv as much when he has the ball. I don't think the mates think he's an ass behind closed doors and it's obvious that he gets along with Avery very well outside of the game. I'm not saying he's the perfect, ideal teammate but then I doubt the same could be said about guys like Marion or Raja who also seem to sometimes have a chip on their shoulders.

Above, I agreed about Marion, but I think Raja is a very good teammate overall. He has a little bit of a self-admitted anger problem and he once blew up at D'Antoni and Diaw last year in Toronto or something. Later, he apologized, but he's one guy I'd love to have out there because he's a "warrior" and someone who will stand by you at all times.

RonMexico
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
don't talk shit about my boy jho, he's my favorite mavericks, makes me smile everytime he steps on the floor and i might have to drive to houston and throw a basketball at your head...i absolutely won't stand any crap about josh! :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

Haha - fair enough, but you realize you just gave me some excellent fodder. *wink*

I still think he should be an all-star and I've been afraid of his ability to dismantle the Suns since the 2005 WCSF.

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Above, I agreed about Marion, but I think Raja is a very good teammate overall. He has a little bit of a self-admitted anger problem and he once blew up at D'Antoni and Diaw last year in Toronto or something. Later, he apologized, but he's one guy I'd love to have out there because he's a "warrior" and someone who will stand by you at all times.

Marion is too thin skinned for a basketball player. I agree that Raja is the better overall teammate. If it gets them to the Finals hell Bell can blow up at them all year long. Personally I would like to see Marion find an answer for Bowen's defense. Bowen has the ability to take him out of the game as well as AK-47. Notice in Saturday's close loss to the Jazz he had only 4 points and fouled out.

SexRex
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Mavs ain't all that. Wait til the playoffs- y'all go'n choke.

Shank
02-05-2007, 09:57 PM
What the fuck?

loveThe23
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Mavs choke? Are you insane.. what fuckin world are you in?

mavs>spurs2
02-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Nah im pretty confident they won't choke this year, I mean look at the way they handled the pressure in the semifinals against the spurs.

dirk4mvp
02-05-2007, 11:26 PM

:smokin

dirk4mvp
02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I think