PDA

View Full Version : D.Wade's PPG Average

EastsBeasts
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
How much will D.Wade's PPG average drop after the NBA puts in the "no-flopping" rule?
I figure it should go down about 10-15 points per game since he goes the the free throw line more than anybody in NBA history for flopping around like a seal who got swatted in the balls.

Chris Childs
02-03-2007, 11:04 AM
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Greg Oden
02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
bout the same as Ginobili's.

JMarkJohns
02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd be willing to bet any "no flopping" rule would be called more to the detriment of a defensive player, than an offensive player. In fact, I'd think for players like Wade/Giobili/any other slasher, their PPG may actually rise because the defense wouldn't be getting as many offensive fouls as they do now.

The NBA wants to continue to open the game up. No better way than cutting transition and weakside defensive tactics to a minimum.

P-O-Z
02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
How much will D.Wade's PPG average drop after the NBA puts in the "no-flopping" rule?
I figure it should go down about 10-15 points per game since he goes the the free throw line more than anybody in NBA history for flopping around like a seal who got swatted in the balls.
is u anotha fuckin wade hater i no u aint talkin bout flopping when rip is da worst ya dig

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I see his freethrows attempts going up. In fact I don't know why they just don't put Wade on the line for 48 minutes. Just let him shoot freethrows nonstop for the game. :lol

leemajors
02-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I'd be willing to bet any "no flopping" rule would be called more to the detriment of a defensive player, than an offensive player. In fact, I'd think for players like Wade/Giobili/any other slasher, their PPG may actually rise because the defense wouldn't be getting as many offensive fouls as they do now.

The NBA wants to continue to open the game up. No better way than cutting transition and weakside defensive tactics to a minimum.

i think you are correct.

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Is a good rule for them to put in if its done right. For example a guard like Boykins going into Shaq if he falls then it should be a flopping foul. I have seen too many games with a big flops after a small guard goes into them. However I agree that is the NBA trying to increase scoring. My idea is if they want to increase scoring for starters shorten the shot clock to 18 instead of 24. This way you increase the # of possessions per game. Also letting these "superstar" players get freethrows with the slightest of contact slows the game down.

mavsfan1000
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Is a good rule for them to put in if its done right. For example a guard like Boykins going into Shaq if he falls then it should be a flopping foul. I have seen too many games with a big flops after a small guard goes into them. However I agree that is the NBA trying to increase scoring. My idea is if they want to increase scoring for starters shorten the shot clock to 18 instead of 24. This way you increase the # of possessions per game. Also letting these "superstar" players get freethrows with the slightest of contact slows the game down.
Of course a suns fan would want this. Can't play 24 seconds of defense? :rolleyes

Sacramental
02-04-2007, 01:11 AM
dwayne wade should be an actor. seriously, he's got a head start in a future acting career.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-04-2007, 01:12 AM
is u anotha fuckin wade hater i no u aint talkin bout flopping when rip is da worst ya dig

lol, i doubt it and besides wade falls ever other play even on offence when he makes a wide open dunk

mavsfan1000
02-04-2007, 01:13 AM
dwayne wade should be an actor. seriously, he's got a head start in a future acting career.
He would be a great drama actor. I loved when he just layed there motionless after Lebron brushes on him. A minute later he is just fine.

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Of course a suns fan would want this. Can't play 24 seconds of defense? :rolleyes

I forget the Mavs are the gurus of defense. :lol

Sacramental
02-06-2007, 01:55 AM
somebody should foul him hard, real hard. ron ron should pop him in the mouth and tell'em "now that was a foul, bitch. looks like its fall down 7 times get up 6 now."

ponky
02-06-2007, 02:10 AM
somebody should foul him hard, real hard. ron ron should pop him in the mouth and tell'em "now that was a foul, bitch. looks like its fall down 7 times get up 6 now."

lol at the part in quotation marks