PDA

View Full Version : Playing with what what we've got

texwheel
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
If trades are out and we need to make do with what we have, can we at least try and weed out the worst of the worst. If the rotations are cut we at least would have fewer players to complain about. We could cut rotations now instead of just before the playoffs and "hopefully" get better performance out of guys, if they know they'll get consistent minutes. Sit Vaughn, Horry, Oberto, and Finley and play Bonner, Elson, Barry and Beno. I know you're saying Beno sucks, but as I said if we "Have to play with what we've got". The supporting cast may still be bad, but possibly not as bad as the others benched???

Bruno
02-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I give the backup PG spot to Vaughn : Beno isn't reliable enough to be a backup PG during playoffs and Vaughn needs some PT with Spurs to be decent in playoffs.

ArgSpursFan
02-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I Žd play manu as a back up PG,and fuck Beno,vaughn and all the useless fuckers in the shitie spurs bench.IŽd go with manu/Finley/bonner/horry/elson
starters:TD/Barry/Bowen/TD/Oberto.
and them FUCK THE REST OF THEM.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
If the Spurs weeded out all their useless players, they would be down to a seven-man rotation of Parker, Ginobili, Bowen, Horry, Duncan, Barry, and Bonner.

timvp
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
If the Spurs weeded out all their useless players, they would be down to a seven-man rotation of Parker, Ginobili, Bowen, Horry, Duncan, Barry, and Bonner.

Exactly.

And you know what, I say roll with that seven come playoff time. Play Parker 38-40 minutes and let Manu and Barry split the job of backup point guard. Let whoever has the easier matchup bring up the ball and let Manu guard the opposing point guards.

If the Spurs are going to lose in the playoffs, I'd rather they go down with their best players getting the time.

SuperManu!!!
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
I Žd play manu as a back up PG,and fuck Beno,vaughn and all the useless fuckers in the shitie spurs bench.IŽd go with manu/Finley/bonner/horry/elson
starters:TD/Barry/Bowen/TD/Oberto.
and them FUCK THE REST OF THEM.

I know Tim Duncan is good...but playing in 2 positions at the same time? :p:

mabber
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I give the backup PG spot to Vaughn : Beno isn't reliable enough to be a backup PG during playoffs and Vaughn needs some PT with Spurs to be decent in playoffs.

You think Vaughn just needs PT to start playing better? I've seen him play very little but he looked like a fish out of water the other night in Phoenix. I think he would be death to the Spur's offense in the playoffs cuz no one would cover him since he won't shoot the outside shot (and if he does he's not that good of a shooter). I have no doubt that he can D up some though.
As I said before though, I haven't really seen enough him to know for sure.

Bruno
02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
You think Vaughn just needs PT to start playing better? I've seen him play very little but he looked like a fish out of water the other night in Phoenix. I think he would be death to the Spur's offense in the playoffs cuz no one would cover him since he won't shoot the outside shot

I think that Vaughn can be what he has been for years in the league if he gets more playtime to learn how to play with the team : a backup PG who won't do a lot of things but who won't hurt the team.
He isn't a good shooter but a lot of Spurs PGs weren't. Spurs offense in playoffs won't be that bad because both Manu and Duncan will be with him on the floor and because Spurs have a lot of good shooters.

Pop management of backup PGs is ridiculous : he should chose one and stick with him even after a bad half. I strongly hope that he will do that after the trade deadline.

Big Shot Rob
02-03-2007, 07:28 PM
If trades are out and we need to make do with what we have, can we at least try and weed out the worst of the worst. If the rotations are cut we at least would have fewer players to complain about. We could cut rotations now instead of just before the playoffs and "hopefully" get better performance out of guys, if they know they'll get consistent minutes. Sit Vaughn, Horry, Oberto, and Finley and play Bonner, Elson, Barry and Beno. I know you're saying Beno sucks, but as I said if we "Have to play with what we've got". The supporting cast may still be bad, but possibly not as bad as the others benched???

I agree with everything except for Beno.

Don Quixote
02-03-2007, 08:36 PM
So probably no trades this year. Oh well ...

I say dance with the bitch you brought to the prom. May as well have sex with her.

redskinfan
02-03-2007, 08:44 PM
sit Bowen he sucks big time!!!!!

1Parker1
02-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Right on, except maybe play Finley instead of Barry. Barry's been horrendous since the New Year began and he frustrates me so much with his lack of aggressiveness and his "I'm too scared to shoot the ball" mentality. Finley's shooting is sucking as well, but at least he's not afraid to shoot it and he rebounds slightly better than Barry (which isn't really saying much I guess).

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Right on, except maybe play Finley instead of Barry. Barry's been horrendous since the New Year began and he frustrates me so much with his lack of aggressiveness and his "I'm too scared to shoot the ball" mentality. Finley's shooting is sucking as well, but at least he's not afraid to shoot it and he rebounds slightly better than Barry (which isn't really saying much I guess).
Rather than replace Barry with Finley, just delete Barry. Then the Spurs only have six players. Finley is not competent anymore.

1Parker1
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Rather than replace Barry with Finley, just delete Barry. Then the Spurs only have six players. Finley is not competent anymore.

:lol Even better. Bonner for 6th man of the year!