PDA

View Full Version : how much better would we be with speedy claxton again this year?

duncandaman
02-03-2007, 07:49 PM
i think we would be way better

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I didn't know Speedy played center now.

romain.star
02-03-2007, 08:07 PM
the answer is in the question... you won't find someone here to explain you that weve got our backup PG is good enough... even Nick Van Exel would make the spurs way better

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 08:08 PM
the answer is in the question... you won't find someone here to explain you that weve got our backup PG is good enough... even Nick Van Exel would make the spurs way better
A real center would allow Barry to pick up minutes at the point and solve the problem.

Leetonidas
02-03-2007, 08:10 PM
A real center would allow Barry to pick up minutes at the point and solve the problem.
Tim Duncan is the Spurs' center. Robert Horry, Matt Bonner, and Fabricio are just PF's that run next to him and Francisco is the back up center. :wakeup

Kori Ellis
02-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Tim Duncan is the Spurs' center. Robert Horry, Matt Bonner, and Fabricio are just PF's that run next to him and Francisco is the back up center. :wakeup

If that's how you want to put it, then the Spurs need a new PF.
Whatever way you cut, they need someone next to Duncan.

As to the original question, Speedy has missed nearly 20 games this year, so the Spurs wouldn't be in great shape.

timvp
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Uh, Speedy Claxton might be the only point guard in the league playing worse than Beno Udrih. He's shooting worse from the floor and from three (I didn't even know that's possible).

Claxton is so broken down and is playing at such a low level that I wouldn't trade him for Eric Williams.