PDA

View Full Version : Omg...

Clandestino
02-03-2007, 07:59 PM
They are fucking terrorist prisoners. THis is not supposed to be a resort. They complain about everything.

Poster of Hussein at Guantánamo Draws Detainee Complaints
Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
Print
Reprints
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

By DAVID ROHDE
Published: February 2, 2007
Military officials have removed a poster of Saddam Hussein from the American detention center in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, after complaints from a detainee that it was intended to intimidate the prisoners there.

Lawyers for the detainee said the 7-by-3-foot poster, in a small recreation area for prisoners, featured images of Mr. Hussein being sentenced to death and a heading in Arabic that stated, “Because Saddam chose not to cooperate and not to tell the truth, because he thought by lying he would get released, for that reason he was executed.”

The chief military spokesman in Guantánamo, Cmdr. Robert Durand, said the lawyers’ description of the statement on the poster was inaccurate, but he declined to give its exact wording.

“A recent poster showed Saddam Hussein’s capture, court appearances and sentencing,” Commander Durand said in an e-mail message. “The intent of this poster was to show that the Iraqi people are making progress and have delivered justice.”

Commander Durand said that the poster had been removed and that the military regretted that the “language of this poster appeared insensitive.”

Lawyers for the detainee who complained, David Hicks, an Australian who was captured in Afghanistan in 2001, said news articles about Mr. Hussein’s execution were also displayed in the recreation area. Other articles described the accidental decapitation of a Hussein co-defendant in a subsequent hanging.

“I have no doubt that those were put up for a particular reason,” said Joshua L. Dratel, one of Mr. Hicks’s lawyers. “For psychological warfare and for mental torture and intimidation.”

Commander Durand said the articles had not been intended to intimidate prisoners. “The news photos that appear in the stories are neither graphic nor sensational,” he said. “A BBC news article describing Saddam Hussein’s execution, with a photo of him prior to his hanging, was included in the camp news.”

Since the camp’s opening, American military officials have displayed posters they created in Arabic and other languages that conveyed news events. Lawyers for the detainees said they focused on the arrests of terrorism suspects and the deaths of Iraqi and Afghan insurgents. Military officials described the posters as balanced.

In the past, military officials barred lawyers for the prisoners from describing outside events to them or giving them news articles.

The articles on Mr. Hussein were displayed under a new policy in which the American military posts a weekly collection of news reports in recreation areas around the prison, Commander Durand said.

Bob Lanier
02-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I thought they were "enemy combatants"? Precision in language is at the core of the art of spin.

NorCal510
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
omg... polotics suck

mavs>spurs2
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
^ :lol at polotics

boutons_
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
they aren't terrorists until they are convicted, and Puto doesn't have enough evidence to convict unless before a military kangaroo court.

Puto Gonzalez just lost the conviction of two alleged Hamas financers:

"Two Men Acquitted of Conspiracy To Fund Hamas Activities in Israel

By Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 2, 2007; Page A01

A federal jury in Chicago acquitted two men yesterday of charges that they were part of a long-running conspiracy to finance Hamas activities in Israel -- marking the latest defeat for the Justice Department in cases involving support for radical Palestinian groups. ...."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/01/AR2007020101377.html

Poor dubya, choosing lapdog loyalist Puto over competence bites dubya in the ass.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 12:30 AM
:lol Lamest psychological warfare ever. "Cooperate or die (even though all we're doing is holding you indefinitely because we can't really charge you with anything Uh, tell us what to charge you with so we can kill you, or else die. Wait, that doesn't make sense does it? Whatever. Look at this picture of a guy someone else killed)"

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 12:51 AM
:lol Lamest psychological warfare ever. "Cooperate or die (even though all we're doing is holding you indefinitely because we can't really charge you with anything Uh, tell us what to charge you with so we can kill you, or else die. Wait, that doesn't make sense does it? Whatever. Look at this picture of a guy someone else killed)"

Or cooperate or get shipped to pakistan and die in their prison.

not so funny.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:11 AM
They've had plenty of time to ship them somewhere else to be tortured.

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 01:22 AM
They've had plenty of time to ship them somewhere else to be tortured.

How do you know the intricacies of the interrogation program?

You don't know how many detainees we have there, or the situation.

All i know is that if the detainees don't cooperate, they can be shipped of to pakistan or anyother country who wants to toy with them.

You can write a lenghty post on who and who shouldn't be kept in Guantanamo or any other facility.

Provide their name, age, sex, weight, their hobbies, or favorite soap and why they're here, and how important of info they posses that can help the US.

Otherwise spare us all the jackass remarks and smart alec questions to which you yourself can't awnser.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:28 AM
How do you know the intricacies of the interrogation program.I know they are resorting to putting up lame posters of Saddam.
You don't know how many detainees we have thereA little over 400.
or the situation.What is there to know?
All i know is that if the detainees don't cooperate, they can be shipped of to pakistan or anyother country who wants to toy with them.How do you know that? The usual MO in extraordinary rendition was to take them to those places to be tortured right off the bat.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Otherwise spare us all the jackass remarks and smart alec questions to which you yourself can't awnser.:lmao I just answered one of your unknown unknowns, douchebag.

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 01:32 AM
I know they are resorting to putting up lame posters of Saddam.

Good, pat yourself on the back.

How do you know that?

Elementary my dear watson. submit an application to the military if you have the handle on this.

The usual MO in extraordinary rendition was to take them to those places to be tortured right off the bat

vague? explain yourself.

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 01:33 AM
:lmao I just answered one of your unknown unknowns, douchebag.

I'm glad you can paste a sentence and add a smiley.

Clever.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Explain what? If you don't know the basic facts about extraordinary rendition, find it out yourself.

NorCal510
02-04-2007, 01:35 AM
all u smart ass motherfuckers shut the fuck up stop acting like you have a stick up your ass and speak english. shit u guys make me sick talking this shit and that shit speak motherfucking english and fuck politics and fuck u

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
I've already explained it.

Read asshole.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
NorCal is just overtired.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I've already explained it.

Read asshole.:lmao :lmao :lmao

You told me to explain myself. You must be drink.

NorCal510
02-04-2007, 01:45 AM
how can you be "drink"? fuckin retard

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm drink.

NorCal510
02-04-2007, 01:51 AM
smart ass bitch

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 02:28 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

You told me to explain myself. You must be drink.

Yes i did. and?

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Right, and I said "those places" and you said "explain yourself" and I asked you what you needed explained to you. If you don't know where "those places" are, look them up. I want to see if you can do it.

gtownspur
02-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Right, and I said "those places" and you said "explain yourself" and I asked you what you needed explained to you. If you don't know where "those places" are, look them up. I want to see if you can do it.

Ok,... I'm glad you're going out of your mod duties by encouraging people to google, but i just wanted to know if by places you meant anything besides other governments, like other facilities in europe or different sister intel agencies, since i never heard anything like that was part of e.r.

I've already explained e.r. hint my first post in this thread. so looking up the definition of extraordianry rendition would be as time savy as arguing over semantics.

Clandestino
02-04-2007, 08:37 AM

If it is so lame why are they crying?

Ya Vez
02-04-2007, 10:49 AM
extraordinary rendition - actually started under the clinton administration..

Ya Vez
02-04-2007, 10:53 AM
The procedure was developed by Central Intelligence Agency officials [citation needed] in the mid-1990s who were trying to track down and dismantle militant Islamic organizations in the Middle East, particularly Al Qaeda. At the time, the agency was reluctant to grant suspected terrorists due process under American law, as it could potentially jeopardize its intelligence sources and methods. The solution the agency came up with, with the approval of the Clinton administration and a presidential directive (PDD 39), was to send suspects to Egypt, where they were turned over to the Egyptian mukhabarat, which has a reputation for brutality. This arrangement suited the Egyptians, as they had been trying to crack down on Islamic extremists in that country and a number of the senior members of Al Qaeda were Egyptian. The arrangement suited the US because torture is banned under both US and international law.

The argument for rendition made by defenders of the practice is that culturally-informed and native-language interrogations are more successful in gaining information from suspects. For instance, interrogators of one terrorist suspect prayed to Mecca five times per day in the presence of the suspect until he became willing to talk.[16] Nevertheless, there have been many reports of the use of torture by these governments on suspects rendered to them.

The first individual to be subjected to rendition was Talaat Fouad Qassem, one of Egypt's most wanted terrorists, who was arrested with the help of US intelligence by Croatian police in Zagreb in September 1995. He was interrogated by US agents on a ship in the Adriatic Sea and was then sent back to Egypt. He disappeared while in custody, and is suspected by human rights activists of having been executed without a trial.[citation needed]

In the summer of 1998, a similar operation was mounted in Tirana, Albania. Wiretaps showed that five Egyptians had been in contact with Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's deputy. During the course of several months, Shawki Salama Attiya and four militants were captured by Albanian security forces collaborating with US agents. The men were flown to Cairo for interrogation. Attiya later alleged that he had electric shocks applied to his genitals, was hung from his limbs, and was kept in a cell with dirty water up to his knees.

[edit] Examples

* "'Snatches', or more properly 'extraordinary renditions', were operations to apprehend terrorists abroad, usually without the knowledge of and almost always without public acknowledgement of the host government ... The first time I proposed a snatch, in 1993, the White House Counsel, Lloyd Cutler, demanded a meeting with the President to explain how it violated international law. Clinton had seemed to be siding with Cutler until Al Gore belatedly joined the meeting, having just flown overnight from South Africa. Clinton recapped the arguments on both sides for Gore: Lloyd says this. Dick says that. Gore laughed and said, 'That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass.'"[17]

* Michael Scheuer said, "In 1995, American agents proposed the rendition program to Egypt, making clear that it had the resources to track, capture, and transport terrorist suspects globally—including access to a small fleet of aircraft. Egypt embraced the idea. "What was clever was that some of the senior people in Al Qaeda were Egyptian," Scheuer said. "It served American purposes to get these people arrested, and Egyptian purposes to get these people back, where they could be interrogated." Technically, U.S. law requires the CIA to seek "assurances" from foreign governments that rendered suspects won’t be tortured. Scheuer told me that this was done, but he was "not sure" if any documents confirming the arrangement were signed."[18]

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2007, 02:03 PM
They are fucking terrorist prisoners. THis is not supposed to be a resort. They complain about everything.

Poster of Hussein at Guantánamo Draws Detainee Complaints
Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
Print
Reprints
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

By DAVID ROHDE
Published: February 2, 2007
Military officials have removed a poster of Saddam Hussein from the American detention center in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, after complaints from a detainee that it was intended to intimidate the prisoners there.

Lawyers for the detainee said the 7-by-3-foot poster, in a small recreation area for prisoners, featured images of Mr. Hussein being sentenced to death and a heading in Arabic that stated, “Because Saddam chose not to cooperate and not to tell the truth, because he thought by lying he would get released, for that reason he was executed.”

The chief military spokesman in Guantánamo, Cmdr. Robert Durand, said the lawyers’ description of the statement on the poster was inaccurate, but he declined to give its exact wording.

“A recent poster showed Saddam Hussein’s capture, court appearances and sentencing,” Commander Durand said in an e-mail message. “The intent of this poster was to show that the Iraqi people are making progress and have delivered justice.”

Commander Durand said that the poster had been removed and that the military regretted that the “language of this poster appeared insensitive.”

Lawyers for the detainee who complained, David Hicks, an Australian who was captured in Afghanistan in 2001, said news articles about Mr. Hussein’s execution were also displayed in the recreation area. Other articles described the accidental decapitation of a Hussein co-defendant in a subsequent hanging.

“I have no doubt that those were put up for a particular reason,” said Joshua L. Dratel, one of Mr. Hicks’s lawyers. “For psychological warfare and for mental torture and intimidation.”

Commander Durand said the articles had not been intended to intimidate prisoners. “The news photos that appear in the stories are neither graphic nor sensational,” he said. “A BBC news article describing Saddam Hussein’s execution, with a photo of him prior to his hanging, was included in the camp news.”

Since the camp’s opening, American military officials have displayed posters they created in Arabic and other languages that conveyed news events. Lawyers for the detainees said they focused on the arrests of terrorism suspects and the deaths of Iraqi and Afghan insurgents. Military officials described the posters as balanced.

In the past, military officials barred lawyers for the prisoners from describing outside events to them or giving them news articles.

The articles on Mr. Hussein were displayed under a new policy in which the American military posts a weekly collection of news reports in recreation areas around the prison, Commander Durand said.

ohhhh, so THIS is why you all hearted gitmo

ChumpDumper
02-04-2007, 02:39 PM
YaVez heart Clinton.

gtownspur
02-05-2007, 02:26 AM
YaVez heart Clinton.

why not just say bluntly that he makes stuff up about clinton?

ChumpDumper
02-05-2007, 03:58 AM
He didn't make anything up. His defense of extraordinary rendition is "Clinton did it first" -- so he apparently supports, perhaps even hearts, Clinton.

ponky
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
How do you know the intricacies of the interrogation program?

You don't know how many detainees we have there, or the situation.

All i know is that if the detainees don't cooperate, they can be shipped of to pakistan or anyother country who wants to toy with them.

You can write a lenghty post on who and who shouldn't be kept in Guantanamo or any other facility.

Provide their name, age, sex, weight, their hobbies, or favorite soap and why they're here, and how important of info they posses that can help the US.

Otherwise spare us all the jackass remarks and smart alec questions to which you yourself can't awnser.

You know this info is not really that hard to obtain, right? Just because Fox news and CNN would rather talk about runaway brides and Obama's swimsuit pics doesn't mean that the info is top secret. :rolleyes

i used to work for this place when i lived in nyc, open the pdf file "faces of guantanamo" but even if you think this is some leftist lawyer b.s., check out the notes which will lead you to govt docs:
http://www.ccr-ny.org/v2/gac/