PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas bets DeShawn Stevenson $20,000 during practice on 1 handed 3 pters...

SoCalSpursFan
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Gilbert Arenas bets his teammate he can make more one handed NBA three pointers than he can using both hands to shoot.

The wager...$20,000.

Wow. Nice to know the money is going to good use.

Link...good stuff. (http://deadspin.com/sports/gilbert-arenas/deshawn-stevenson-doesnt-care-about-his-money-233771.php)

P.S. Arenas acts like a child.

ponky
02-03-2007, 08:43 PM
too bad his team is losing to the lakers right now, maybe he should focus on THAT

Flight3107
02-03-2007, 08:44 PM
What is $20,000 to someone who will make $36,000,000 over the next 3 years?

NorCal510
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
donate to chairty

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
too bad his team is losing to the lakers right now, maybe he should focus on THAT

There was no way they were going to sweep the Lakers especially with Kobe still stinging about those 60 points.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
no video links please :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-03-2007, 09:30 PM
or is that just NBA content?

Amare_32
02-03-2007, 09:33 PM
donate to chairty

Habitat for Humanity
American Red Cross

Plus any charity that you can think of could sure can use that money.

Kori Ellis
02-03-2007, 09:45 PM
or is that just NBA content?

The no links policy is just for copyrighted NBA game video. I don't think this qualifies.

SoCalSpursFan
02-03-2007, 11:26 PM
no video links please :smokin

its legal, yo

Bob Lanier
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Does he insist on doubling down and refuse to pay out like Michael did?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Gilbert's Blog... Long read but funny

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

Thanks for the All-Star Votes
I want to say thank you.
What I’m going to do is actually, I ordered 100 All-Star jerseys that says “Agent Zero” on the back and I’m giving them out to the fans.

It’s the first start in Vegas, on the West Coast, but just getting the starting position … I don’t care if it was in Wisconsin. It doesn’t matter. I’m just grateful.

How I Heard the News
I was sleeping with my daughter and I got a call.
They told me that I might have won. They was 95 percent sure that I won, but they still didn’t know yet, they were still calculating the numbers.

They said, “We’re 95 percent sure that you overtook Vince Carter.”

So I woke my daughter up and we started dancing.

She was crying because she was still sleepy, but I considered it laughing.

That was unbelievable.

I chopped it up and was like, “Well, it will depend on the coaches again and I think I’ve proven I’m worth it this year.”

But then when I heard…like, thinking about it now still makes me smile.

My Third Selection
I just can’t believe it.
Every All-Star has meant the same to me, because they’ve all been so different.

My first year, I made it, and you know it’s the first one you make and you’re so excited.

Then the next year, I got snubbed and ended up getting put in by the Commissioner so I felt grateful and I enjoyed that one.

And then this year I get voted by the fans and it’s like each one has been so different and so enjoyable.

I Called My Dad
Truthfully, I was so excited, I didn’t even care what he was thinking at the time.
All I did was call him and hit him with a quick, “Haha, I’m a starter,” and clicked off.

I Lost a Tooth vs. Boston
One of the young boys elbowed me in the mouth and smacked my tooth out so I had to go have a veneer put in.
It’s part of the game, so, it happens. I ain’t upset with it. Thanks to the NBA you have a great dental plan.

Can't Stand this Mouth Guard

See me chewing on it?
Ron Turenne/NBAE/Getty Images

Hey man, that mouth guard … I can’t do that.

I’m just going to go back to doing what I’ve been doing.

I played six years in the NBA and my whole life without a mouth guard and I’m just going to go back at it and just playing normal basketball again.

Because, I end up playing with the mouth guard more than anything.

I couldn’t even hear myself. I’m over there slurring and spitting and I was like, “Man, how do guards do this? How can anybody understand them?”

Charles Barkley had one, but Charles Barkley doesn’t call them plays. The only plays he had to call was “four-down” and I don’t think he really had to call that play.

I never really seen a lot of guards wear them. Chauncey wears one. It’s just something you got to get used to and I wasn’t used to it so I was mostly chewing on mine.

Lakers and Kobe Up Next
I’m going back to the Hibachi days.
At the end of the day, hopefully we win. No matter what goes on during the game, we want that win and that’s the most important part about it.

Detroit Win, Toronto Loss
Beating Detroit was a great, great challenge for us.
We played well. We played well together.

It’s easy to match up with a team like that you know, because they keep two bigs.

One’s a shooter and one’s a play-maker with Webber. You know, he can score that basketball but he’s mostly a play-maker first now.

But when you go to Toronto, we can’t play the same lineup. We have two bigs that we try to play and they have five shooters basically.

So it just had it out of rotation all day and you know, when you’re the No. 1 team, other teams get fired up for that and they were on fire that night.

I was trying to do the controlled game and try to make sure everybody was involved, but right now, Hibachi is back.

Hibachi 3000 has to come back and get ready to play.

I got to bring back Hibachi because me and Caron, we got to step up our games to keep this team above water right now until Antawn gets back and until Darius Songaila comes back.

Three-Point Shoot Out
I’ve been practicing for the last two weeks for my three-point competition.
I have to bring that trophy home. I have to.

I’ve been making bets around the team because there’s a couple guys on this team that said they’re better shooters from the college three-point line than me.

One of them, Roger Mason, what he did was reasonable.

He made 81 out of 100 from the college three.

You know, I went and I don’t know how many I would have made out of 100.

I stopped at 82 and walked out of the gym. So I won that bet, but we wasn’t betting for money (wink, wink).

I blew him out. He was like a high school player compared to my shooting.

I told him needs to shoot at least 10,000 more shots to compete with me.

I even shot a couple one-handed. I shot the last three to win it with one hand.

He was disappointed. Actually, he was really upset because I was bragging the whole time during it, and I’ve been bragging the last two weeks.

When you do so much on a team, people don’t recognize it anymore. They want to see you fall. So the whole team was betting with him.

I think because in practice the day before he was shooting from the three-point line 54-for-60 so everybody was like a big, “Oooooh, ahhhhhh” about it.

All of them – Caron, DeShawn, Calvin – they was all with him.

And they all got bar-bee-quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeedd, ye-yeah!

Then there was a sidekick of his, DeShawn Stevenson. I told him that I’d shoot with one-hand from college three better than he can shoot with both hands from NBA three.

He really doesn’t want to make that bet. He keeps brushing it off.

Las Vegas: The Destination
You know, I’ve been to Vegas before. I had a great time out there.
I don’t really party like that. I’m enjoying what’s out there. I’m picking and choosing what I’m going to do.

Hopefully teammate Caron Butler makes it so we can hang out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Man, I love Gil - he's making this season really damn fun.

RonMexico
02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Jeez, Gilbert has no conscience out there.

Sacramental
02-04-2007, 03:00 AM
donate to chairty

yes. my wallet. dying skinnier than one of those south-african hungry kids they show.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Arenas is one sick baby.