PDA

View Full Version : Artest Is On The Block!

Nero
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
gotcha

Sam
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
So?

Marcus Bryant
02-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Insane? Slightly.

Expiring contract? Check.

Pull the trigger.

RC's Boss
02-03-2007, 11:27 PM
A wing player that can rebound while still playing D? Check. Wish it were true. He may be a bit off his rocker, but maybe that's what we need... An ignant mofo!

exstatic
02-03-2007, 11:29 PM
gotcha
No one else has figured out that this is a hoax?

E20
02-03-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm suprised who the Spurs might offer if they even were considering this trade was available or not.

dg7md
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Artest would solve so, so, so many problems. He'd put some fear into our rivals and give us momentum. Won't happen, though.

Marcus Bryant
It'd be worth the gamble. His deal actually has one more season on it after this. Still, it fits within the Spurs' short term plans and with Artest, you probably want a short term commitment. Acquiring Artest without giving up any of the Big 3 automatically gets this team back to being a serious contender, if not the favorite.

RC's Boss
I know its not true, but a guy can dream....

Marcus Bryant
02-03-2007, 11:31 PM

At this point only a hoax can save this team.

Marcus Bryant
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Sacto is among the dregs of the WC. They might be willing to blow it up at this point.

exstatic
02-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Disclaimer: this fucker is fucking with us about Artest being available/shopped.

I personally wouldn't mind a 1.5 year rental, although he seems to have worn out his Sacto welcome quicker than that. Pop is another story. He lived through the Rodman years. I doubt he wants a redux.

Marcus Bryant
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
At this point Pop might go for it. Rodman was an idiot who chose to be one. Artest doesn't seem to have that same luxury. But, he's a competitor and seems to want his team to win. At least when his impulses don't get the better of him.

Even if a deal was available for Artest that required very little value going out, I doubt the organization would do it because of concerns that he would go beat up someone in row 5.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-03-2007, 11:47 PM
The Nuggets need him coz he OWNS Melo :lol

ducks
02-03-2007, 11:56 PM
he is greater then the barry or finley

exstatic
02-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Artest is pretty much the Ricky Williams of the NBA, a talented weirdo. I think he's learned the "no fighting" lesson, and he seems to have uber-respect for Tim. Those two reasons, plus his undeniable talent, defense, and competitiveness, are the reasons I'd go for it.

ducks
02-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I would think he would like to think he is the missing piece for the title for sa
I would think he would be fine this year

zero signal
02-04-2007, 12:01 AM
If it were possible, do it!

At this point, I don't mind getting punched in the stands.

Marcus Bryant
02-04-2007, 12:06 AM
This team's window closes after '08. The current era Spurs' championship success hinges primarily on Ginobili. Obviously Duncan makes them a contender, but Ginobili has been the player who can put them over the top. It's no coincidence that since he's joined the league the Spurs have 2 championships and lost to the eventual WC champs in the other 2 season. After '08 I don't see him able to play at the level he has since he joined the league.

The "08 Plan" is really the Spurs way of preparing for life after Ginobili's game starts to go downhill. I think this is flawed. The Spurs should be doing all they can to win now while Ginobili is still at the top. I'd rather see them pick up another title now instead of making the last years of TD's career marginally better while the Spurs fall to being a perennial also-ran.

Marcus Bryant
02-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Anyways, back to Artest. Currently the Kings are the 8th worst team in the Association, solidly under .500. Moving Artest doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibilities. If Sacto was approached with a package of expiring contract(s) and picks, they might be interested. The Spurs could put together something like that. Moving Artest at this point in the season would give them a better chance of improving their position in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. The Spurs could also provide them with some mix of future picks and perhaps the rights to Scola or Mahinmi.

The future is now. Let's stop pretending otherwise.

sabar
02-04-2007, 01:25 AM
I'd take a punch from Artest to get him on the team.

MarCowMar
02-04-2007, 03:26 AM
I like the idea of Artest on the Spurs better than Maggette. Our one "crazy player who won't compromise team chemistry as long as he's isolated" spot has been empty since Jax left.

ducks
02-04-2007, 09:17 AM
This team's window closes after '08. The current era Spurs' championship success hinges primarily on Ginobili. Obviously Duncan makes them a contender, but Ginobili has been the player who can put them over the top. It's no coincidence that since he's joined the league the Spurs have 2 championships and lost to the eventual WC champs in the other 2 season. After '08 I don't see him able to play at the level he has since he joined the league.

The "08 Plan" is really the Spurs way of preparing for life after Ginobili's game starts to go downhill. I think this is flawed. The Spurs should be doing all they can to win now while Ginobili is still at the top. I'd rather see them pick up another title now instead of making the last years of TD's career marginally better while the Spurs fall to being a perennial also-ran.

did you not post something along those lines with david robinson here
then boom spurs are still contenders
and they went out and got tp and manu and DUNCAN

dallaskd
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
who is San Antonio going to put up?

trueD
02-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Artest's contract doesn't expire until after next year, so why would Kings trade away (arguably) their best player for 6+ million dollar filler before then?

Artest is an asset in more ways than we can count on one hand: man-to-man Defense, steals, quickness down low, 3 point shooting threat, non-injury prone (not much keeps him down), lends himself to encourage/coach the young guys, cheap.

Where was everyone else when he was on the block? Oh yeah, scuuuuured...

:lmao

If Kings trade away Artest instead of trying to unload Bibby's contract, I'll throw up. I'm all for blowing "IT" up, but Bibby should be the center of impact, Ron has useability until the end of next year, imo. Then sign & trade for someone of use, not to tank a season or unload a small, insignificant contract -- compared for what Kings are getting for their 6+ million.

MrChug
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM

No, because it's not...at least not really. No secret the Kings have been trying to ship Artest all year, just have not been able to get decent value for him. And Corey Maggette is NOT decent value.

MrChug
02-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd take a punch from Artest to get him on the team.

Especially if you're from the "If that fat kid in Detroit can take a few so can I" school, then I'm right there with ya! :toast