PDA

View Full Version : Kings Notes: Fit official won't blow whistle on racing Barkley

trueD
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/351/story/118367.html
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer
Last Updated 12:27 am PST Sunday, February 4, 2007

He's used to avoiding the spits of venom, so this was a nice change of pace in that sense.

Official Dick Bavetta, forever remembered by so many Kings fans for his role in the controversial Game Six of the 2002 Western Conference finals, found a supporter in the front at Arco Arena on Saturday night.

"I'm betting on you, Dick," said David Carlson, 53, of Jackson.

Thank you, sir," Bavetta said. "I think that's a wise decision."

The game at hand was not the Kings-Nuggets affair, but the much talked-about footrace between Bavetta and Charles Barkley. The Hall of Famer and TNT analyst has been taking good-natured shots at the 67-year-old Bavetta on the air recently and challenged him to a sprint between the younger, rotund one and the older, but fit, referee.

Among his zingers, Barkley said Bavetta had "parted the Red Sea with Moses" and that his gravestone would read, "He keeled over while racing 'the Chuckster.' "

When Carlson contended that Barkley might weigh twice as much as the wispy Bavetta, Bavetta said: "Try three times. I'm only 160 pounds."

As for whether the race actually will take place, Bavetta wasn't sure. "I don't even know if this thing is going to happen," he said just before tipoff. "I haven't changed anything. I do my eight miles every day whether there's a race or not."

If the race is on, Bavetta has one stipulation.

"I want something with turns in it, not a straightaway (but) back and forth," he said. "The longer it is, the better it is for me."

trueD
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Haha, funny. "The longer it is, the better it is for me".

I'd still bet on Bavetta in 100 yards. Didn't Dick commit to giving Barkley a jump to the foul line, or some such point?

Think they're going to do this during All-Star weekend, should be a hoot.

ShackO
02-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Yea he did.. He said he would give him to the free throw line....... Implying a race to the other end of the court but he was not specific.........

Now he wants some twists and turns............

I think if they do it maybe a short one and a longer one.... Barkley might beat him in a shorter distance (or so dick would seem to think as well) and little doubt dick would run him into the ground on a longer distance...........

Either way I would take dick over the over weight Barkley..... He don't look like he has worked out or even ran in years...........

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2007, 01:24 AM
the difference i see from runnin in a straight line and one with alot of corners, is the straight line you are always thinkn of the length reachin to finishing line, while the one with corners you take it a corner at a time like living 10 secs a quarter mile......vtec kick in yo.

trueD
02-05-2007, 02:18 AM
vtec kick in :lol

Charles definitely ain't got no vtec under the hood.

I mispoke earlier, really meant that Dick could take Barkley in 50 yards (the dash), and agree with shackO that maybe Dick is nervous about (and possibly losing sleep over) giving Barkley a headstart and only going the length of the court. OF COURSE Dick could get around orange cones and Barkley couldn't, duh!

Fillmoe
02-05-2007, 02:25 AM
no way in hell that old man runs 8 miles a day. I am 21 years old 6 ft 180 lbs and run about 2 miles everyday.... If I tried to run 8 miles a day, I wouldn't have enough energy to fuck my bitch at night.... REAL TALK! theres no way that man runs 8 miles a day and isn't dead yet....

trueD
02-05-2007, 02:27 AM
no way in hell that old man runs 8 miles a day. I am 21 years old 6 ft 180 lbs and run about 2 miles everyday.... If I tried to run 8 miles a day, I wouldn't have enough energy to fuck my bitch at night.... REAL TALK! theres no way that man runs 8 miles a day and isn't dead yet....

Maybe he doesn't have a bitch? :p:

kingsfan
02-05-2007, 08:16 AM
no way in hell that old man runs 8 miles a day. I am 21 years old 6 ft 180 lbs and run about 2 miles everyday.... If I tried to run 8 miles a day, I wouldn't have enough energy to fuck my bitch at night.... REAL TALK! theres no way that man runs 8 miles a day and isn't dead yet....U're only 21? I always though u were older. Baby http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibaby.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

loveThe23
02-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I doubt he even does run that long.... old fart. :lol

TheNextGen
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Take him out as in trip him? :blah

mabber
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM

By the way you write, I always thought you were about 16-17 year's old. But I guess you can't have a "bitch" until you're at least 20 :lol

u2sarajevo
02-05-2007, 02:44 PM
8 miles is not that long of a distance...

I hope they do this... it would be pretty entertaining to see Barkley winded... again...