PDA

View Full Version : nba tv: anybody see Delfino @ DEN?

boutons
11-12-2004, 11:18 AM
wow! This guy had some nasty, divirse moves keeping DET in it in the 4th.

His first eye-opener was a tear-drop in the lane that was goal-tended by KMart into the stands but Carlos didn't get the call. He had 2 or 3 other fantastic moves where he scored.

He looked 100% NBA-ready and able, not at all lost or tentative.

Useruser666
11-12-2004, 11:28 AM
He really plays like Gino. That one dunk was pretty good too. He did that fake spin and lost his defender.

boutons
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah, just off the FT line, back to the basket, he did a very serious full-body fake, no travel, to his left, broke some ankles, then dribbled to his right and into the basket. Throw-back basketball, a lot art.

Finishing his drives with dunks was surprising. And they're "sneaky" dunks, not windmiling, tomahawk, up-to-the-elbows showboating shit you can see coming 25 feet out. He just sorta sneaks it just over the rim and then down hard. Larry must be happy with this import who, if he plays cold-blooded steadily like that, would start on a lot of other teams.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I was surprised by his play. I had heard about it, but hadn't seen it. Think I'm going to follow him now to see how his game turns out.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
screw delfino how about earl boykins, not only is he so short, but he has real skills, look at his deffense and his ability to jump, at 5'5" there is no way a person should be able to dunk the ball, thats crazy

boutons
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Earl was absolutely fantastic. One of the great "human interest" stories of NBA vs all the NBA assholes running around. A real pro, fearless, a joy to watch.

"It's not size that counts, but how you use it!"

But I KNEW about Boykins from past 2 years, while Carlos' highlight reel stuff was new to me.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 12:27 PM
true, i just can comprehend how earl does that, I bet Sequ watches him with envy

IcemanCometh
11-12-2004, 12:29 PM
i remember back when earl had all those 10 day contracts with the clippers and the cavs.

deepsouth
11-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi there!
Do you know if that play is somewhere in the internet?
(and could you please post a link :) ? )