PDA

View Full Version : Add another commit for UT....

Ballcox
02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Per Rivals, looks like C. Scott-a 4 star safety prospect out of Dallas is now a solid verbal to the Horns. This really completes our class as well as adding a guy who could come in and start at FS/SS, he's got great speed and if you watched any video of him can hit like a mack truck.

The info I got is over at Hornsfan.com, he was the last guy we were after for this recruiting season. God knows we need some help in the secondary, I'm having dreams at night now of Scott and D. Kelson teaming up at the safety positions to put the fear of God into opposing ball carriers. :smokin

degenerate_gambler
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
It puts the cap on a stellar class this year.

Between him and Curtis Brown, they got two of the best in the state.

2centsworth
02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Scott looks like he can start immediately.

Ballcox
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
^yeah, I've watched some video on him and he looks like the real deal. Kid has size, speed and a mean streak-which is something I love to see in a defensive player.

Now, the question is what does our secondary look like next season? Marcus Griffin is the only full time starter back, and he didn't really impress me this past season. I know he was dinged up a bit, but I hope he improves his level of play.

Other than Marcus, we've got the following back in the secondary:

D. Beasley- young, fast, does NOT know how to look back for the ball-kind of undersized for a CB.

I. Odewegu (sp?)- was a fairly high rated recruit out of HS(actually played WR), injured last season and I believe took a medical RS. He's got good size and speed, just haven't seen him on the field, projected to play FS/SS.

E. Jackson- Again, good size and speed, but not much experience, can he contribute?

B. Foster- Has showed flashes at times, believe he made an int in the Alamo Bowl game. He is also small and mabye not physical enough at times.

M. Melton- Another safety prospect, haven't seen enough of him to decide if he can play or not.

R. Joseph- This kid showed flashes as a freshman, and can play either safety or CB spot, big hitter with a nose for the ball.

R. Palmer- Probably won't see much playing time at all, undersized and not that fast.

That leaves us with our incoming guys, C. Scott, C. Brown and B. Wells. All three are big time recruits with Brown being the highest rated of the bunch-he also put a shut down performance on the Army AA game.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if C. Brown and Scott see significant playing time this upcoming season. There is also the possibility of Kelson moving back to SS, a move I've been hoping for since he covered R. Bush step for step in the Rose Bowl. Any way you slice it, the secondary needs help and is our biggest question mark heading into next season, imo. Plenty of talent there, but some guys are going to have to step up.

mookie2001
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
brandon foster really got ruined against Ohio st, and was really inconsistant all year. I hear Craig Way always talking about robert joseph, he makes a lot a plays, great size and hits really hard, I hope he gets to start a strong safety. Eric jackson has made a lot of plays on special teams and even some of Defense. I think he'll take a cb spot if foster cant step up, with chykie brown and deon beasley at the other, likely chykie brown. I do think true freshman curtis brown will play some at cb too, because they cant use him at wideout for a while

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
i think texas is royally fucked

mookie2001
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
i think the linebackers should be interesting too, theyve got 3 returning 2 year starters plus scott derry that could lose their job to jared norten, kindle, and muckelroy. keenan robinson is also bigtime, him and kindle are the best lb prospects in texas since derrick johnson

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Robinson is a proven bust

Derry will have to pick up the slack after working this offseason on making himself suck less

mookie2001
02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
robinson is a proven bust?? rofl you dummy, i hope derry never sees the light of the day after the coverage skills he displayed vs ohio st.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Mookie he played 3lit3 in the ohio state game compared to his performance in the Tech game

LOL

He was like in NCAA 2004 when you get a walkon and try to use him in Heisman difficulty

But you and I both know its also due to Chizik's stubborness

What did he expect
Derry to become twice as fast overnight?

mookie2001
02-05-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah thats why it was funny that they expected him to cover, more, bigger receivers against tech. chizik was a pompous fool

Scott Derry
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Robinson is a young punk, and there is no way I ever lose my starting spot.

gtownspur
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
GOd i hate you UT bitches.

Ya have it good.

You are blessed with great recruits, to sit here and say that the whorns are fucked is premature ejaculation.

It's not like you're colorado who has only had five 4*'s and one 5* for the past five years. And yet we managed to win the division title that last 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
^^its not as good as it looks, we have the worst coaching in big twelve, so all those recruits are balanced out with our insanely shitty offensive schemes

gtownspur
02-05-2007, 10:25 PM
^^its not as good as it looks, we have the worst coaching in big twelve, so all those recruits are balanced out with our insanely shitty offensive schemes

You may be right.

It took a super athletic senior/junior class to barely win a championship.