PDA

View Full Version : USC kicker drunk as a skunk...

degenerate_gambler
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Just a sad story..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2755060

Jimcs50
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Danelo's blood alcohol level 0.23 at time of deathAssociated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California kicker Mario Danelo was drunk when he plunged over a cliff to his death, but the cause of his death was "undetermined," according to a coroner's report released Monday.

A toxicological report accompanying Danelo's autopsy report found he had a 0.23 blood-alcohol level, nearly three times the legal limit for driving in California. No drugs were detected in his body, the report said.

The autopsy report said the cause of death was multiple traumatic injuries, but "because of the unanswered questions, we are stating the manner of death as undetermined," Deputy Medical Examiner Jeffrey Gutstadt of the Los Angeles County Coroner's office wrote in the report.

Danelo, 21, was found Jan. 6 more than 100 feet down a rocky cliff in San Pedro. Police said from the outset that foul play was ruled out and his death was either an accident or a suicide.

Following Danelo's death, several Southern California players said they were convinced the kicker did not take his own life.

A USC spokesman declined to comment about the coroner's report. Danelo's brother, Joey Danelo, was not immediately available for comment.

The report also couldn't ascertain what Danelo's state-of-mind was before his death but he "would have had to scale a wall to get to the strip of land before the steep drop-off of approximately 150 feet while under the influence of alcohol."

Danelo made 15 of 16 field goals this season and led the Trojans in scoring with 89 points. He made two field goals in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day to help USC beat Michigan 32-18.

He missed two field goals in his two-year career at USC, going 26-for-28, and he was 127-of-134 on extra points. He set NCAA single-season records with 83 extra points and 86 attempts in the 2005 season.

Danelo, the son of former NFL kicker Joe Danelo, was a walk-on at USC in 2003 and received a scholarship two years later.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

johngateswhiteley
02-05-2007, 07:10 PM
still an accident. :ihit

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
An accident? You mean like a bad or wrong decision?
How in the hell is a BA # that high???

"Oops, guess I drank a liter of Everclear! I thought it was water! hahaha."

No that isn't funny but what I see here is like me saying, It was an accident that Ramonce had 5 pounds of weed in his backpack and that Ricky pops on piss tests.

Accident, or STUPIDITY?

johngateswhiteley
02-05-2007, 10:40 PM

No that isn't funny but what I see here is like me saying, It was an accident that Ramonce had 5 pounds of weed in his backpack and that Ricky pops on piss tests.

we are talking about someone's life not a stupid ass longhorn getting in trouble for weed.

and if your posts are anything indicative of how ridiculous you can be when you are drunk....then there is no telling what an idiot like you would do.

King
02-05-2007, 10:50 PM
An accident? You mean like a bad or wrong decision?
How in the hell is a BA # that high???

Accident, or STUPIDITY?

An accident that he fell and it probably wasn't a suicide, you idiot. We've all been drunk - and stuff happens when you're drunk. His was fatal. It was stupid to be drink that much and be drinking around a cliff. But, I doubt he went up there to kill himself.

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 11:02 PM
we are talking about someone's life not a stupid ass longhorn getting in trouble for weed.

and if your posts are anything indicative of how ridiculous you can be when you are drunk....then there is no telling what an idiot like you would do.

OK USACM fan. :lol
Have another :drunk you DUMBASS! :lol
You FAGROJANS are so damn funny. :lol :lol See me laughing? :lol :lol JGW made a funny! :lol :lol

You don't think our decisons have any effect on our lives?

FACT: A Dumbass made a Dumbass decision..........Will all have.
FACT: Not everyone is so FUCKIN' Stupid to get so carried away that they get blitzed and go do whatever they want wherever they want. Self control, you and other agrojans should learn what that is. :smokin

Glad to see that you, yet AGAIN, proved yourself a dumbass by condoning and PROTECTING people who get so blitzed that they endanger their life and possible the life's of others. :dizzy :drunk

johngateswhiteley
02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Glad to see that you, yet AGAIN, proved yourself a dumbass by condoning and PROTECTING people who get so blitzed that they endanger their life and possible the life's of others. :dizzy :drunk

yeah, cause thats what i'm doing...(sigh)the return of dumb ass dio.

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
An accident that he fell and it probably wasn't a suicide, you idiot. We've all been drunk - and stuff happens when you're drunk. His was fatal. It was stupid to be drink that much and be drinking around a cliff. But, I doubt he went up there to kill himself.

Maybe you and your boyfriend should clarify things, you IDIOT! :lol :toast

Oh, FAGROJANism at its finest.
Queen, Oops, King, the IDIOT.

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah, cause thats what i'm doing...(sigh)the return of dumb ass dio.

Exactly, glad to see you finally step to the plate and admit it DUMBASS! :lol

The Return of Dumbass FAGROJAN

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
That's what I thought girls.
When Daddy roars you little bitches run and hide under the bed. :smokin

beachbarbie948
02-06-2007, 12:55 AM
That's a sad story.
Bad things can happen when you're drunk :(

NorCal510
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
RIP bro

Mr Dio
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
That's a sad story.
Bad things can happen when you're drunk :(

The guy was beyond drunk.
That was STUPID drunk and everyone with common sense and a grasp of simple math knows it. .08 is MUCH diff than .23
I just hope he didn't do any driving that night and cause any accidents in his wake.

NorCal510
02-06-2007, 07:39 PM
stop hating dio show some respect dawg

Willinsa
02-06-2007, 07:54 PM
It's a sad story but if you are drunk why are you climbing to the top of a cliff?

NorCal510
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
if you are drunk u dont know what you are doing so why ask a question like that? are u drunk?

BLACKMAMBA24
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
His teammates who know him the best said it had to be an accident.Trust me,the pre-season #1 will play for him.He was so young,it's a definate tragedy. Go Trojans!

Mr Dio
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
stop hating dio show some respect dawg

No hate at all my man.

I don't like or applaud that a human died. If his name was Saddam & was a former ruler of Iraq that would be diff.

I can't or won't jump on the "he played no part in his death" wagon.
.23, Point Freakin' 23.

BAL .20%: You feel confused, dazed, or otherwise disoriented. You need help to stand up or walk. If you hurt yourself at this point, you probably won't realize it because you won't feel pain. At this point you may experience nausea and/or start vomiting (keep in mind that for some people, a lower blood alcohol level than .20% may cause vomiting). Your gag reflex is impaired, so you could choke if you do throw up. Since blackouts are likely at this level, you may not remember any of this.

BAL .25%: All mental, physical, and sensory functions are severely impaired. You're emotionally numb. There's an increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falling or other accidents.

===
===

http://www.barnard.columbia.edu/asap/bal.html

At .23 he is also at a MUCH higher risk for death by alcohol poisoning or choking on his vomit.
That my man, is a FACT.
That my man, is STUPIDITY.

Mr Dio
02-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I am in no way saying I've never been stupid drunk.
I have, quite a few times.
Obviously NOT that stupid though.

King
02-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Who said it wasn't stupid? All that's been said was that the death was probably still an accident regardless of how hammered he was. The kid probably didn't want to die that night.

Daddy seems to be too busy roaring to read what the hell people are saying.

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2007, 12:25 AM
booze+cliff=bad idea

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Who said it wasn't stupid? All that's been said was that the death was probably still an accident regardless of how hammered he was. The kid probably didn't want to die that night.

Daddy seems to be too busy roaring to read what the hell people are saying.

I can think of a couple of idiots (including you) that are acting like what he did wasn't stupidity.
You're saying it wasn't stupid to get that loaded.........out in public........near a cliff? :dizzy

King
02-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I can think of a couple of idiots (including you) that are acting like what he did wasn't stupidity.
You're saying it wasn't stupid to get that loaded.........out in public........near a cliff? :dizzy

Seriously. Do you read? It was incredibly stupid. Going up on the cliff is stupid. Drinking that much is stupid. Combining them is VERY stupid.

But, that doesn't mean he wanted to die. It was still an accident, drunk or not.

You sure are quick to call people idiots when you're the one who it takes four posts to explain something pretty elementary to.

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Seriously. Do you read? It was incredibly stupid. Going up on the cliff is stupid. Drinking that much is stupid. Combining them is VERY stupid.

But, that doesn't mean he wanted to die. It was still an accident, drunk or not.

Once AGAIN, you're the consumate idiot.
You sure are quick to call people idiots when you're the one who it takes four posts to explain something pretty elementary to

Please, puh-leezzz, point out where I stated he wanted to die?
Do it. Go ahead, IDIOT.