PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller

twilo73
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
It looks like he might be traded... what about getting him and using him with TP in a two guard starting line up with Manu coming off the bench like Pop likes now.

Taco
02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I hear he's dumb as dirt

cheguevara
02-05-2007, 04:46 PM
he sucks. Please God no

and I know ppl will say, anything is better than Beno. But IMO miller is just bad luck to whoever team plays him

cheguevara
02-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I hear he's dumb as dirt

as dumb as dirt nowitzky?

Taco
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
as dumb as dirt nowitzky?
:lol

Dirt

not

Dirk

twilo73
02-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Miller has 'High basketball IQ' per HoopsHype. He has actually done a good job with Philly so far.

ginobili fan
02-05-2007, 04:51 PM
miller has no shoot, hi has big ass,he is slow,he just suck .
that's why the nuggets wanted steve blake.
now one question:
is it:udrich>miller
or miller>udrich
or udrich=miller
or miller=udrich=shit?

mavs>spurs2
02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
PPG 13.1 RPG 4.40 APG 8.4 doesn't exactly suck. I'm not saying he's steve nash good but he's definately 100000 X better than Beno Udrih.

mavs>spurs2
02-05-2007, 05:06 PM
miller has no shoot, hi has big ass,he is slow,he just suck .
that's why the nuggets wanted steve blake.
now one question:
or miller>udrich
or udrich=miller
or miller=udrich=shit?

:lol I guess english isn't his first language.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Depends on his salary.

I would LOVE to get him as a back-up PG. But it's obvious Pop doesn't want to pay big money for one. Hopefully the Beno expirement has driven him to the point of spending for a backup-PG.

Clutch20
02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Miller's game slowly curves downward, starts on a high but much like my bowling
game, he gets worse as the game goes on.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Miller's game slowly curves downward, starts on a high but much like my bowling
game, he gets worse as the game goes on.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060124/udrih_83969.jpg

Holt's Cat
02-05-2007, 05:14 PM
His deal ends in '09, so no.

Bob Lanier
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
or miller>udrich
or udrich=miller
or miller=udrich=shit?
I think it's pretty damn clear which one of those "it is".

MrChug
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Miller is clutch and a good leader. Slow footed though, would be a liability on the defensive end, but he's unselfish and makes things happen. He'd be awesome, but we'll see.

ArgSpursFan
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
He ´s got something on his side I must say.TIME!
HE IS STILL YOUNG

PM5K
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
hi has big ass

:spin

Mr. Body
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
We already have a starting point guard, so no.

romain.star
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
miller isn't a back up caliber player... he will ask for his 30 minutes a game so no thanx

shelshor
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
We've already done, and have, worse than Andre--if his salary works, and we don't have to give up Tim, Manu, Tony or a first round pick, I'd say go for it

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
:lol some fans show their real bball IQ by saying Dre is no better than Beno :drunk

Dre is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is an ironman (never missed one game as a Denver Nugget) and brings consistent stats every night.

THe only reason why the Nuggets traded him was coz Philly wouldnt do a deal without getting Dre.

dg7md
02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
He's good enough to be a starter in this league, so I don't think he wants to take less money to come off the bench, and he isn't at the point of his career where he'd take less money to go to a more-likely-a-contender team.

He IS a smart player and is good at most things but not particularly great at anything.

I'd love them to get him but it won't happen.

ArgSpursFan
02-05-2007, 06:22 PM
He can be a starter in SA. or just share with manu the starting lineup depending of the team they´re playing against.
If he is smart enough he´d think about coming to SA

Bob Lanier
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
He IS a smart player and is good at most things but not particularly great at anything.
He's the best lob thrower in the NBA.

Do the Spurs have a player on their roster who can reach the rim?

LakeShow
02-05-2007, 06:26 PM
:lol some fans show their real bball IQ by saying Dre is no better than Beno :drunk

Dre is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is an ironman (never missed one game as a Denver Nugget) and brings consistent stats every night.

THe only reason why the Nuggets traded him was coz Philly wouldnt do a deal without getting Dre.

I agree. Phil Jackson is high on Miller and the Lakers are making a pitch. I hope they get him.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I agree. Phil Jackson is high on Miller and the Lakers are making a pitch. I hope they get him.

:pctoss I hope they dont coz they would make them very dangerous :depressed :lol

Thats one place i dont want to see Dre going. Keep him in the east please!

:smokin

Dre/Kobe backcourt = craziness

LakeShow
02-05-2007, 06:46 PM
:pctoss I hope they dont coz they would make them very dangerous :depressed :lol

Thats one place i dont want to see Dre going. Keep him in the east please!

:smokin

Dre/Kobe backcourt = craziness

:lol Stop hating! :lol They're trying to give them expiring contracts (Mihms and Mckie and maybe a 2nd to 3rd draft pick). I think that's all that it would take for Philly to let him go.

SilverPlayer
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I would take Dre in a second. We have the minutes and the shots for him. I would give up any two man combination of the following for him: Beno / Barry/ Eric Williams/ Oberto.

joeyjfive
02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Andre Miller is lightyears ahead of Beno, sadly I dont see this happening due to how much he is worth and I dont think Philly will take Beno and Barry off our hands.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
:lol Stop hating! :lol They're trying to give them expiring contracts (Mihms and Mckie and maybe a 2nd to 3rd draft pick). I think that's all that it would take for Philly to let him go.

:lol im serious. Dre would make the Lakers much better and he would OWN the Nuggets if they ever met in the playoffs :madrun :lol

I remember Game 1 of the playoffs vs the Spurs when Dre put up 30+ on the road :smokin

1Parker1
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Dre just got traded for AI, you think the Sixers are dumb enough to basically get a 1st round pick and Brent Barry and Beno for Allen Iverson?

...Never mind, it is Billy King.

SilverPlayer
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Wait until LJ sees this thread. I think he has a burning hatred for Andre Miller.

Kori Ellis
02-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Wait until LJ sees this thread. I think he has a burning hatred for Andre Miller.

Andre Miller was his favorite all-time college player (but he doesn't think he's good now).

RC's Boss
02-05-2007, 11:47 PM
tell Me Who In The Hell Ar We Going To Trade With In Order To Get Miller? Get Him And Keep Our Big 3?????? Philly Doesn't Want To Give Him Up For Barry Or Finley. If This Is Wishful Thinking Fine, But If Your For Real, Give Me Some Of That Grass You're Smoking!

ArgSpursFan
02-06-2007, 08:39 AM
tell Me Who In The Hell Ar We Going To Trade With In Order To Get Miller? Get Him And Keep Our Big 3?????? Philly Doesn't Want To Give Him Up For Barry Or Finley. If This Is Wishful Thinking Fine, But If Your For Real, Give Me Some Of That Grass You're Smoking!

I wouldn´t trade Scola´s right ,but if it´s for A.Miller I´d think about it.
Scola´s rights and Beno for Miller i guess

4lifecowboy
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
First post so please don't crucify me but, I would trade TP if Philly included their 1st round pick as well. Miller is a true point, Parker still struggles with that concept at times, unlike most I believe he is the most likely of the big three to get traded.

Mr. Body
02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
First post so please don't crucify me but, I would trade TP if Philly included their 1st round pick as well. Miller is a true point, Parker still struggles with that concept at times, unlike most I believe he is the most likely of the big three to get traded.

I would consider it too if there wasn't the age difference. I don't see why Philadelphia would do Miller+first rounder for Parker, though.

RC's Boss
02-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Miller takes quite a few shots too and doesn't put any pressure on the defense.

cheguevara
02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Miller is one of the few players that singlehandedly lost an International game for the USA. let's get him!

4lifecowboy
02-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I would consider it too if there wasn't the age difference. I don't see why Philadelphia would do Miller+first rounder for Parker, though.

I imagine if we included an expiring contract, and maybe the rights to Scola it would be doable.

Mr. Body
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I imagine if we included an expiring contract, and maybe the rights to Scola it would be doable.

They stand a very good chance of getting a top 2 pick, so I don't think any amount of piling and packaging would get that pick from them.

AFBlue
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM

Because their first round pick is likely to be top 2, I would do that deal. I'm not a Parker-hater (actually one of his biggest proponents on this forum), but Miller is a more-than-serviceable PG and it would give the Spurs a real shot at Oden or Durant....can you imagine...

PG Miller
SG Ginobili
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Oden

Too bad it's an incredibly unlikely pipe-dream.

Side note: I actually like where Philly is going with this. They just gave up their franchise player and are now looking to slash payroll like crazy (I think they'd GIVE Dalembert away if someone would take his monstrous contract).

If you're going to rebuild, I say COMMIT LIKE HELL to rebuilding. Teams like Boston and Minnesota stay middle-of-the-road teams because they won't get off the fence.

AFBlue
02-06-2007, 12:05 PM
They stand a very good chance of getting a top 2 pick, so I don't think any amount of piling and packaging would get that pick from them.

Agreed. I think it's unlikely because of the calibur of player likely to be in the top 5 (Noah, the two Wright's). I also doubt the Spurs would make a major move like this during the season when they're still very much in contention for the title.