PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs Underhyped?

howbouthemspurs
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I live in Germany and I only get to see spurs games when its nationally televised on the Armed Forces Network. But I watch espn everyday and they seem to be stuck on the Mavericks and Suns. They are always the hot topic when it comes to the discussion on who will win the NBA finals. And once again the Spurs are under the radar. If it wasnt for that shot by Fisher and the foul on ginobili against Dirk, the spurs would have 5 nba titles right now and would be considered one othe the greatest dynasties in sports history. It is amazing how one little moment can change the course of the future for a franchise.. And isnt crazy that the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any franchise in all of professional sports in the last 10 years of Duncan reign? When is the last time thats happend?.. In every season the spurs win the finals, prior to the finals the were once again under the radar. Maybe thats were they like it. The spurs are not nearly as good right now as they will be in the playoffs this post season. I really believe that this is their year once again to take home the trophy, and they will take a year off again and then win one more.. Well that my prediction.

SAtown
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
As long as the Spurs aren't in 1st place, they won't get any face time on a national (international) network.

As for winning 5 straight titles, remember: we still would have played PHX in the WCF last year, and Minnesoooooota in the 04 WCF (along with DET and MIA in Finals). So wins in those two series don't necessarily guarantee titles, and you can ask Mavs and Lakers fans for further information.

ArgSpursFan
02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
the nba is such a conpetitive league right now that there´s just a small gap between the best and the worse team in the league.
So one shot made, or a shot blocked,or a foul in the last 0.07 can eather make it or brake it.
I belive that the spurs can do a decent playoff run this year ,if the big three step up as usual,but they´re gonna need some help from the rest of the guys too.

ALVAREZ6
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
If it wasnt for that shot by Fisher and the foul on ginobili against Dirk, the spurs would have 5 nba titles right now and would be considered one othe the greatest dynasties in sports history.
I'd give them 4.

The Pistons were really good in 04. They definitely would have taken Miami on though.

SOFT SPURS
02-05-2007, 07:33 PM
The Lakers 3 in a row is a bigger accomplishment than what the SPURS have done so far. I hate the Lakers.

1Parker1
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
:lol They don't deserve any hype this season...so far. :smokin

Mr. Peabody
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
No, they're just not a good team.

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
The Spurs are not what you call an exciting team to watch but I won't be surprise to see them in the WCF or the Finals for that matter. The demise of the Spurs have been greatly exaggerated. I can't believe I am saying this. :lol

LEONARD
02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
7 games back of the Mavs
6 games back of the Suns

:fro

sandman
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
7 games back of the Mavs
6 games back of the Suns

:fro

Let's just concede the season right now and let you guys hang a banner. I mean, what is the point? We all know how good the Mavs are at closing things out.

SAtoDallas
02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
The Spurs are definately not underhyped at all this year. Trust me I love 'em but if anything right now they are overhyped that 3rd best record in the league is very misleading. They just can't really beat teams with good records. Besides Tim,Manu, and at times Tony we're not very good.

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Let's just concede the season right now and let you guys hang a banner. I mean, what is the point? We all know how good the Mavs are at closing things out.

I'm sure that Western Conference Championship (:lol ) banner is lonely, so make it happen right now

BLACKMAMBA24
02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I can see the difference,honestely for the first time in a long time they do not scare me.As a matter of fact i would rather see them in the playoffs before the suns or dallas:with that being said i caught something from the san antoinio -laker game.The spurs are hovering around the same record they had last time they won the championship.

cherylsteele
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I can see the difference,honestely for the first time in a long time they do not scare me.As a matter of fact i would rather see them in the playoffs before the suns or dallas:with that being said i caught something from the san antoinio -laker game.The spurs are hovering around the same record they had last time they won the championship.
Maybe so, but, they just don't seem to have that "edge" right now that they seem to have had in the past.

GrandeDavid
02-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I live in Germany and I only get to see spurs games when its nationally televised on the Armed Forces Network. But I watch espn everyday and they seem to be stuck on the Mavericks and Suns. They are always the hot topic when it comes to the discussion on who will win the NBA finals. And once again the Spurs are under the radar. If it wasnt for that shot by Fisher and the foul on ginobili against Dirk, the spurs would have 5 nba titles right now and would be considered one othe the greatest dynasties in sports history. It is amazing how one little moment can change the course of the future for a franchise.. And isnt crazy that the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any franchise in all of professional sports in the last 10 years of Duncan reign? When is the last time thats happend?.. In every season the spurs win the finals, prior to the finals the were once again under the radar. Maybe thats were they like it. The spurs are not nearly as good right now as they will be in the playoffs this post season. I really believe that this is their year once again to take home the trophy, and they will take a year off again and then win one more.. Well that my prediction.

I think the Spurs will be tough come playoff time and will become a legit contender by April. Having said that, they are pretty dull this year. They are often blowing leads, they have no other big man than Tim Duncan and no reliable bench. Frankly, there ain't much to hype! Now if you go by my harsh scenario, you'd think the Spurs would be a lottery team. But Tim, Manu and Tony are great enough to keep the Spurs among the handful of very good teams. In most year's I would moan about the Spurs getting overlooked, but this season, up to this point in time, I think its well-deserved. Hell, maybe they'll suddenly get hot. We'll see!