PDA

View Full Version : Melo gets his 1st career TD

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
:toast :clap

He sure picked up the slack with Ai and Camby missing

Team did a great job against a great Suns team but Camby and Ai were missed when it counted, nuggets couldnt get a stop.

back to .500 and still waiting for AI :depressed

I give them till the ASG b4 i give up on this season

Flopper
02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Good game. still lost.

JMarkJohns
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Quality showing by both teams. Suns really should have lost, being down nine and without Nash, but Barbosa and Amare stepped up their play big time.

Suns still have issues with rebounds, though they did much better once they abandoned their zone and went to man-to-man. Not only did they do better on the boards, but their defense became stifling for extended periods of time.

Good game for Melo. Hardly his fault his team stopped feeding him the ball. Had they, the Nuggets probably win. With all the Suns in foul trouble, he was feasting on them, come one, come all...

dirk4mvp
02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
And this is the same guy that didn't make the All-star team. :rolleyes

Amare_32
02-05-2007, 11:39 PM
I am just glad for the Suns win. :toast

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Dit they kick the extra point, or go for 2???

ponky
02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
:toast :clap

He sure picked up the slack with Ai and Camby missing

Team did a great job against a great Suns team but Camby and Ai were missed when it counted, nuggets couldnt get a stop.

back to .500 and still waiting for AI :depressed

I give them till the ASG b4 i give up on this season

Yeah good show by the Nuggets, you guys could've really used Camby and AI tonight but still, the team played fine and gave the Suns a good run. It doesn't matter that one of their three All-Stars was out for only half the game, Nuggets were missing their one All-Star and a good rebounder.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 12:42 AM
It was awesome to see Melo rebound from his worst game of the season

I dont care if this team just scrapes into the playoffs coz as soon as the get enough time to gel they can beat anyone

Purple & Gold
02-06-2007, 12:44 AM
It was awesome to see Melo rebound from his worst game of the season

I dont care if this team just scrapes into the playoffs coz as soon as the get enough time to gel they can beat anyone
I don't know about beat anyone. But they can be a very dangerous team.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Nene will be a big part of it

he is getting healthier and more confident in his legs. Career high (27pts) tonight and he has been solid lately.

Him and Camby side by side is a menacing frontcourt (when healthy :lol which never happsn)

Purple & Gold
02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Him and Camby side by side is a menacing frontcourt (when healthy :lol which never happsn)
Yes that's a big IF.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Yes that's a big IF.

yep.

The Nuggets arent getting any better than 7th or 8th so i hope the team gels and can tank some games late in the season, in order to have a healthy team come playoff time

Purple & Gold
02-06-2007, 01:12 AM
yep.

The Nuggets arent getting any better than 7th or 8th so i hope the team gels and can tank some games late in the season, in order to have a healthy team come playoff time
If you can win the division early and then bench some key players down the stretch, then that would be very good for your team. But I don't see Utah blowing it, and the Clippers are only getting better.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
If you can win the division early and then bench some key players down the stretch, then that would be very good for your team. But I don't see Utah blowing it, and the Clippers are only getting better.

yeh there is no way the Nuggs win the division. Its the 7th or 8th seed for sure

Im not sure which team the Nuggets match up better with, the Suns or Mavs?

Horry For 3!
02-06-2007, 01:35 AM
What happened to Nash?

ponky
02-06-2007, 02:01 AM
What happened to Nash?

inflammation in the shoulder...didn't play the second half

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 02:36 AM
the weird thing is that they ran better in the 2nd half without him :laugh:

RonMexico
02-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm sure Rosen would say Amare "lost a step" in this game, as well. His main argument was that Amare only scored 30 against the Knicks because Nash fed him everything. Well, this game - he really picked it up without Steve.

Sacramental
02-06-2007, 04:01 AM
who cares about that pot-smoking thug they call melo.

dirk4mvp
02-06-2007, 07:34 AM
who cares about that pot-smoking thug they call melo.

who cares about that non rapping thug they call Artest?

mabber
02-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Quality showing by both teams. Suns really should have lost, being down nine and without Nash, but Barbosa and Amare stepped up their play big time.

Suns still have issues with rebounds, though they did much better once they abandoned their zone and went to man-to-man. Not only did they do better on the boards, but their defense became stifling for extended periods of time.

Good game for Melo. Hardly his fault his team stopped feeding him the ball. Had they, the Nuggets probably win. With all the Suns in foul trouble, he was feasting on them, come one, come all...

Nice win for the Suns w/o Nash for the 2nd half. Hope the shoulder injury doesn't linger.

While I didn't see the game last night...I'm curious as to how does your defense become stifling for extended periods of time and still gives up 108 pts?

cheguevara
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
you lost to the Suns w/out Nash?? :lol

mabber
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM

The Nuggets were w/o Iverson & Camby for the entire game. Nash only missed the 2nd half.

cheguevara
02-06-2007, 10:48 AM
The spurs bench could beat the Suns w/out Nash

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-06-2007, 10:52 AM

you lost to the Jazz without Boozer? :lol

SirChaz
02-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Nice win for the Suns w/o Nash for the 2nd half. Hope the shoulder injury doesn't linger.

While I didn't see the game last night...I'm curious as to how does your defense become stifling for extended periods of time and still gives up 108 pts?

They gave up 60 in the first half then came to play in the second after nash was out.

I am still hoping one of these days the Suns will put together a complete game.

RonMexico
02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Either way, it's good that the Suns pulled off this win. They're getting in that typical February lull which I hate to see from them.

Still, karma must have given the Suns this win because in the original game, they would have faced a Nuggets team without Andre Miller, AI, Melo, Joe Smith, or JR Smith before it got snowed out.

Nashfan
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
The spurs bench could beat the Suns w/out Nash

That is highly unlikely, since your bench could not even score much against the Suns in the game last Thursday. :blah Your starters had enough trouble scoring as it was (87 points). :lol Also, Nash was injured in that game and still played.

Xylus
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I believe the Suns have a 2-0 record without Nash. 3-0 if you include this game.

Where do you get off saying the Suns can't win without Nash?

ponky
02-06-2007, 02:24 PM
That is highly unlikely, since your bench could not even score much against the Suns in the game last Thursday. :blah Your starters had enough trouble scoring as it was (87 points). :lol Also, Nash was injured in that game and still played.

wow, i agree with you :lol

ponky
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I believe the Suns have a 2-0 record without Nash. 3-0 if you include this game.

Where do you get off saying the Suns can't win without Nash?

which is why nash should not get a third mvp :p:

mabber
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Wasn't that Melo's first double digit rebounding effort this season as well?

Nashfan
02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
wow, i agree with you :lol

Hope it is not the last time! :lol

Nashfan
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Same could be said about Dirk, right? :p:

TheMulvany
02-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Well, it came against Phoenix without AI playing...so theres a couple of things that should put a nice asterisk beside it.

I think Chris Anderson could get a triple double against Phoenix with the moronic way they play.

ponky
02-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Same could be said about Dirk, right? :p:

haha, i thought about this and my answer (predictably) is NO because if dirk is out then he would not have two other all-stars to take up the slack

Xylus
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I personally don't give a hoot if Nash wins a 3rd MVP. I'd rather the Suns be perfectly capable of winning without him. Now that Barbosa's on his way to becoming an All-Star and Amare's proven he can score without Nash feeding him (23 of his 36 points last night came without Nash playing in the 2nd half), I think they can. They have, anyway.

Suns need to continue to keep their foot placed firmly on Portland's throat. Let's get that W.

RonMexico
02-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, it came against Phoenix without AI playing...so theres a couple of things that should put a nice asterisk beside it.

I think Chris Anderson could get a triple double against Phoenix with the moronic way they play.

I think Chris Andersen should play for the Suns if he didn't get suspended because of his moronic drug use.

RonMexico
02-06-2007, 04:57 PM
haha, i thought about this and my answer (predictably) is NO because if dirk is out then he would not have two other all-stars to take up the slack

They don't need them! Their bench is sooo deep! :elephant

JMarkJohns
02-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Up until the final minute of the game, when the Suns, sitting on a five to seven point lead, were content to swap seven seconds and a made layup for two free throws, Phoenix had given up just 38 points in the second half. This, after giving up 60 in the first half.

In the third quarter, the Suns held the Nuggets to 6-of-17 shooting for 15 total points. Until the final minute of the game, when the Nuggets scored four field goals (and a FT) in the final 30 seconds, Phoenix had held Denver to 4-12 shooting. Even with the final four baskets (on six shots), it's still 8-of-18 for the quarter.

All in all, in the second half, the Nuggets shot just 14-of-35 from the field, counting the final minute. The Suns had six steals, drew two charges and forced a shot-clock violation (plus a few loose-ball fouls and bad passes) in the second half. Throw in a a few blocks and I'd say that for a team that was ravaged the by the Nuggets inside to a tune of 60 first-half points on 23-of-47 shooting (including 13 offensive rebounds), that 40% from the field for the entire second half with upwards of a dozen forced turnovers could be labeled "stifling"...

mabber
02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Up until the final minute of the game, when the Suns, sitting on a five to seven point lead, were content to swap seven seconds and a made layup for two free throws, Phoenix had given up just 38 points in the second half. This, after giving up 60 in the first half.

In the third quarter, the Suns held the Nuggets to 6-of-17 shooting for 15 total points. Until the final minute of the game, when the Nuggets scored four field goals (and a FT) in the final 30 seconds, Phoenix had held Denver to 4-12 shooting. Even with the final four baskets (on six shots), it's still 8-of-18 for the quarter.

All in all, in the second half, the Nuggets shot just 14-of-35 from the field, counting the final minute. The Suns had six steals, drew two charges and forced a shot-clock violation (plus a few loose-ball fouls and bad passes) in the second half. Throw in a a few blocks and I'd say that for a team that was ravaged the by the Nuggets inside to a tune of 60 first-half points on 23-of-47 shooting (including 13 offensive rebounds), that 40% from the field for the entire second half with upwards of a dozen forced turnovers could be labeled "stifling"...

Makes sense now. Like I said, I didn't see the game.

Nashfan
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM

That was my thought also! :lol

ponky
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM

That was my thought also! :lol

then i guess you are both wrong because last time i checked most teams had 14-15 players of the roster...just because we play our bench a LITTLE bit more than the suns doesn't mean that our bench is soooooo deep...you're talking like two guys who contribute probably 80% of what comes off the bench (devean george and stackhouse, sometimes buckner too). ager, barea, pops, mbenga and croshere are not what i would deem part of the *deep* bench. croshere had one good game and most times he sucks...the other four haven't done much of anything all season and they average less minutes per game this season than the last four guys on the suns bench

RonMexico
02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
then i guess you are both wrong because last time i checked most teams had 14-15 players of the roster...just because we play our bench a LITTLE bit more than the suns doesn't mean that our bench is soooooo deep...you're talking like two guys who contribute probably 80% of what comes off the bench (devean george and stackhouse, sometimes buckner too). ager, barea, pops, mbenga and croshere are not what i would deem part of the *deep* bench. croshere had one good game and most times he sucks...the other four haven't done much of anything all season and they average less minutes per game this season than the last four guys on the suns bench

Yeah, I was just joking - the pink elephant was to signal that I was merely mocking those posters who like to rip on the Suns notoriously short rotation, when it's true that the Mavs go 9-deep at MAX.

ponky
02-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I was just joking - the pink elephant was to signal that I was merely mocking those posters who like to rip on the Suns notoriously short rotation, when it's true that the Mavs go 9-deep at MAX.

Haha, that's cool although I think Nashfan will be disappointed to hear that you were joking, he was banking on this for a valid argument.

Nashfan
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Haha, that's cool although I think Nashfan will be disappointed to hear that you were joking, he was banking on this for a valid argument.

Nah, gotcha! :p: