PDA

View Full Version : From the FO's POV Is Timmy UNTRADEABLE?

MrChug
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
If you were the Spurs front office, responsible for doing the best thing for a franchise present AND future, would you hang up every "________ for Duncan" trade offer you got? Thinking about our current roster is Tim the ONLY player that could lead us to the promise land?

johnpaulwall21
02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
yes........................ :wakeup

nkdlunch
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Duncan is not only the top franchise player, he is the most low maintenance franchise player in history. Why even bother picking up the phone? waste of time.

VaSpursFan
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
the guy is the reason you have the best record in sports over the past few years and 3 rings...you show him loyalty. Duncan being traded would cause me to seriously reconsider being a Spurs fan.

Fabbs
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Dwight Howard.
While I would like to keep Duncan while censuring Pop and the cheap FO, thus keeping alive another title or two chance in this window period, I do not think listening to a Howard for Duncan trade is sac relig.

AFBlue
02-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I wonder if any other GM even bothers to call about him? He seems like the most content, top-level player in the game.

White Trash Nash and Irk Noshitzki seem very untradeable as well.

This is one instance in which I'm glad the Spurs FO doesn't overreact to subpar performance, like the 76ers and Grizzlies FO. Trading your franchise player is idiotic, no matter what you get in return (no one is going to give another franchise player back...just a POSSIBLE franchise player or pick to turn into a POSSIBLE franchise player).

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
:pctoss

Big Shot Rob
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Loyalty

Dammit!

Tim Duncan has given everything for this franchise--they owe him their loyalty!

No ifs, and, buts, wherefores, etc--

In a nutshell:

NO FUCKING WAY DAMMIT!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
trading tim duncan = 1 less spursfan :D

exstatic
02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Not now, but never? Iceman was traded....

E20
02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
They traded Hakeem too and I strongly thought that he'd stay with the Rockets until his retirement because he gave them they only 2 'ships they have, but buisness is buisness.

MrChug
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree with ALL OF YOU. It's sacrelidge to even mention it, but screw it, I'm bored and it begs asking. But...with that said, all of the complaints I've heard this year that he's "lost a step he didn't have to lose", and "now he can't jump over the WHITE pages", and the "the bank (shot) has gone bankrupt", etc has us wanting a FOURTH star? Isn't THREE All-Stars enough? Can we do better? With the future in mind, can the Spurs FO act now to get an A+ grade player in the league of Timmy that could make us contenders BEYOND the next 3 years AND compete seriously this year? Do we think that the brilliant talent we have in Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker could ONLY be that good around TD...ONLY!?!?! With all due respect, think about it from a basketball and BUSINESS standpoint, not just a loyalty/homer standpoint. Thanks...

exstatic
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
The thing about Tim is, he's still fucking MONEY in the playoffs. Did Dwight and Orlando even MAKE the playoffs last year?

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
trading tim :(

if i was him i fuckn tell them not to retire my jersey cause i aint going to show up

ps. TD pov WTF wants to that shit xxx :(

BLACKMAMBA24
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Never say never,I don't see it happening though.

Fabbs
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
The thing about Tim is, he's still fucking MONEY in the playoffs. Did Dwight and Orlando even MAKE the playoffs last year?
I'm sure Howard on the Spurs last year make the playoffs.

Not really a fair compairison.
Did Elton Brand make the playoffs his 1st 5 years? Did he suck?

At X point Duncan and Howard will cross, so it's okay to simply talk about it.

Wasting these window years of Duncan is what is sac relig. I agree he was money in the playoffs the last two years. Maybe the last FOUR years if Many doesnt have two brain farts. (letting Dereek Swisher go left to get inbounds)

Ronaldo McDonald
02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Yea. I still believe Duncan is the best player on the league, in terms of being able to elivate his team to become a contender.

Only guy I might consider at this point is Yao. I think with a really smart, assertive (like pop) coach, he would be better than he already is. You can't teach height; and unless you are Michael Jordan, if you don't have it on your team, to some degree, it's pretty much impossible to dominate anyone. Even Lebron, Kobe, and Wade, they can't dominate teams the way Duncan does. Yea they'll put up the points, and MIGHT be able to steal a game from some of the best in a playoff series, but to constantly dominate a team, no way...

exstatic
02-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Tim + 4 NBDL players = playoffs in the EC. Obviously that crossover hasn't happened. Dwight's had that chance twice and missed. Orlando is in a tie for 6/7 now, so the issue is still in doubt for this year.

mardigan
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
We have a team built around Tim, no other player could fill his void. The only player probably close is Dwight, but even that guy doesnt nearly affect the game as much as Timmy, so it pretty much makes him untradeable. It would kind of be like a team asking what the Colts would want for Peyton Manning

ducks
02-06-2007, 09:26 PM
if they treat duncan better then david at the end of his career..

they were realling to let david walk.........................

ducks
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
We have a team built around Tim, no other player could fill his void. The only player probably close is Dwight, but even that guy doesnt nearly affect the game as much as Timmy, so it pretty much makes him untradeable. It would kind of be like a team asking what the Colts would want for Peyton Manning
did you say the same thing with david robinson was a spur?

vander
02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
what is the largest amount of draft picks a team can trade.

cause I'd consider trading TD for 8 or 9 first round picks

x_roux_x
02-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Not that I would want this but everyone is tradeable. It just depends on what is there. I am not saying do it of course but if someone is looking to trade you at least have to pick up the phone and listen. This is still a business of entertainment and money. Not loyalty. Well to them it is. I say keep duncan for twenty more years if he can contribute somehow, but I also realize he is an aging player with 2-3 more years left in him of domination. I love him and wouldnt want him anywhere else, but again this is a business. You wouldnt want a previous hot chick who was a great bartender who is now a saggy old bitch who isnt all that great. pojnt being you never know w hat may be out there...and one more thing...this whole thread is pointless....I dont know why I just typed all this shit...cuz DUNCAN ISNT GOING ANYWHERE BIAAAATTCCCHHHEESSSS!!!! :smokin

lovespurs forever
02-07-2007, 03:27 AM
what is the largest amount of draft picks a team can trade.

cause I'd consider trading TD for 8 or 9 first round picks
:lol

sghspurs
02-07-2007, 04:27 AM
I'm glad I wouldn't have to make that decision. That would be tough.

Hoy
02-07-2007, 07:05 AM

Iceman asked for that trade, he would not accept any role but traditonal chucker, nevermind what is the best for the team. San Antonio obliged. By the way, Duncan is 10 times the player the Ice was. 3 Championship to Nil.

BgT
02-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Dwight Howard.
While I would like to keep Duncan while censuring Pop and the cheap FO, thus keeping alive another title or two chance in this window period, I do not think listening to a Howard for Duncan trade is sac relig.
WTF?! Howard for Duncan?! :lol

1. Go to YouTube.
2. Search for these tags: "Rasho Nesterovic Highlights"
3. Choose the game from 13th of december vs. Magic
4. Write again that you would trade Duncan for Howard.

Howard at that moment was at a the TOP of his game, Magic was the top team in the East. When TD is at top of his game, he is unstoppable.

I wouldn't trade Duncan, but I understand that someone would trade him for 2,3 players. But for Howard? Brain vs. Howard is a win for brain.

dbreiden83080
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
WTF?! Howard for Duncan?! :lol

1. Go to YouTube.
2. Search for these tags: "Rasho Nesterovic Highlights"
3. Choose the game from 13th of december vs. Magic
4. Write again that you would trade Duncan for Howard.

Howard at that moment was at a the TOP of his game, Magic was the top team in the East. When TD is at top of his game, he is unstoppable.

I wouldn't trade Duncan, but I understand that someone would trade him for 2,3 players. But for Howard? Brain vs. Howard is a win for brain.

Timmy is going nowhere if the Spurs flame out early in the playoffs this year then the Spurs will have to rebuild around him for next year. Make everyone expendable except for Tony, Manu and Timmy and try to get as younger and more athletic as they can.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
This is dumb