xrayzebra
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Well once again, Ms. America, Pelosi, shows us how the
liberal mind works. She is just an everyday person on the
federal tit. Wonder why she didn't ask for AF One. I am
sure she thinks she deserves it.

Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2007 9:49 a.m. EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi Gets Big Jet

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will have access to an Air Force jet larger than the one used by her predecessor so she can fly nonstop between Washington and her San Francisco district.

Following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the speaker – who is second in line for the presidency after the vice president – has been able to use a military aircraft for security reasons.

But the jet used by the previous speaker, Rep. Dennis Hastert of Illinois, was too small to fly to California without refueling.

As NewsMax reported earlier, Pelosi’s office has been pressing for routine access to military aircraft not only for herself and her staff, but for relatives and other members of the California delegation as well.

As of Monday, the Air Force had not informed Pelosi’s camp as to who can travel with her, the Contra Costa Times in California reported.

Pelosi’s aircraft requests have touched off grumbling about the speaker requesting more than her GOP predecessor.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
So the Republicans decide the speaker should get a plane and you're pissed about it five years later?

xrayzebra
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
^^Nah, I just found it really funny, she likes the big ones.
Which may explain why she has five kids. And she wants to
take everyone with her when she travels.

clambake
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else hear a banjo when they read Xray's post?

ChumpDumper
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
^^Nah, I just found it really funny, she likes the big ones.
Which may explain why she has five kids. And she wants to
take everyone with her when she travels.Did she specifically request the larger plane or was it assigned to her because nonstop flights are a requirement for transport since 9/11? And if it was assigned to her, why have her fly alone and make everyone else fly in other planes?

clambake
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Ray's problem is that she's a female dem.

Mr. Peabody
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm glad to see that NewsMax is staying on top of such important stories.

Extra Stout
02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Did she specifically request the larger plane or was it assigned to her because nonstop flights are a requirement for transport since 9/11? And if it was assigned to her, why have her fly alone and make everyone else fly in other planes?
She should resign for the good of the environment.

clambake
02-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I've heard there's nothing wrong with the environment. The bigger the better.

SAtoDallas
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I thought she was a liberal Democrat who cared about the enviornment, shouldn't she be traveling in a battery operated car?

Mr. Peabody
02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I thought she was a liberal Democrat who cared about the enviornment, shouldn't she be traveling in a battery operated car?

Maybe she drives it around inside the plane....

01Snake
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM

No, but I can almost hear a heart oozing blood every time you post.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Pelosi Catches Nonstop Flights Home

Tuesday, February 6, 2007; Page A15

Amid rumblings from conservatives that she is seeking special treatment, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) will receive use of an Air Force jet larger than the one used by her predecessor, Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, so she can fly nonstop to her home in San Francisco.

Ever since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, the speaker, who is next in line for the presidency after the vice president, has been given use of a government plane for security reasons. Hastert (R-Ill.), who had flown commercially before the attacks, was the first to have use of a plane. But the one he traveled in was too small to make it to California without refueling.

Yesterday, the House sergeant-at-arms issued a statement saying that the leadership is awaiting word from the Air Force on the rules for using the plane. It is unclear, for example, who can travel with Pelosi and whether she can return home from a political event on the taxpayer-funded plane.

Pelosi's office requested the guidelines, triggering a story in the Washington Times in which sources questioned whether she was asking for more than the former speaker received.

Democratic aides sputtered about a "right-wing hatchet job" to make Pelosi look bad. But, said one involved in the negotiations, "this is about security, not about convenience."

An aide in Hastert's office said yesterday that the former speaker used the plane for official business but not for political travel. He did at times transport his wife and staff when he was flying to and from Illinois.

Brendan Daley, a spokesman for Pelosi, said that she will not use the plane for political travel.

-- Lois Romano

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/05/AR2007020501295.html

DarkReign
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Goddam sergeants-at-armses....

gtownspur
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Does anyone hear a gay gala parade whenever bearded-clambake speaks?

clambake
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Gtown= homophobe, which is strange considering he won't go fight for what he claims to believe in.

Wait, he also walks around with a hard on for chump. Gtown, are you trying to convince yourself that you're not gay?

xrayzebra
02-07-2007, 11:52 AM

I don't and if you do you really should get that checked out.
You may have a serious problem.

xrayzebra
02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Ray's problem is that she's a female dem.

She is just a typical liberal, like you. Do as I say not what
I do. Number one hypocrites in all respects. Like all liberals.
Except liberals always say the same thing. They
keep an open mind, so long as you don't disagree with
them.....and I know you are such an open minded person,
except you hear banjo's. :lol

clambake
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Just a joke Ray. I understand you come from simpler times. Why did you wait till now to examine a House Speakers travel arrangements? It never came up before. I never argued about Hasterts perks.

ponky
02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
lmfao, this entire thread is golden...xray why do you have a pic of a liberal city in your avatar?

xrayzebra
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
lmfao, this entire thread is golden...xray why do you have a pic of a liberal city in your avatar?

It is an American city where over two thousand people
were killed by the people we are fighting now in Iraq.
And some American's on this board do not support that
cause. They want us to lose like we did in Viet Nam.
Except there is a difference. The next war will occur in
our cities in the USA if we pull out of Iraq. If you
doubt me, so be it. WTC was not the first attack on us
and it wont be the last if we show no more resolve than
we have up until the present.