PDA

View Full Version : Brevin Knight on the block?

ducks
02-06-2007, 11:35 PM
With PG Jeff McInnis offering quality minutes in support of Raymond Felton, the time finally could be at hand for the Bobcats to part with Brevin Knight. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3186the Pistons have expressed interest. . . .
if pistons get him atkins can be a spur :smokin

ducks
02-06-2007, 11:37 PM
It appears Orlando is doing more than just showcasing Travis Diener, who is becoming the backup to PG Jameer Nelson. . . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3964

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Signnnnnn him up.... but then again i'd say that about 99% of the guards you could've mentioned

ducks
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=insidedishspursnotlookin&prov=tsn&type=lgns

midgetonadonkey
02-06-2007, 11:40 PM
We have nothing to offer anyone.

E20
02-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Brevin Knight when healthy can get you double digit assist numbers, he's a more of a distributor PG in contrast to Tony. I think he'd make a good fit because the Spurs will have skills in the PG area on the both sides of the spectrum.

SequSpur
02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Ducks, you're dumb.

ducks
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
and you are short

midgetonadonkey
02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Who is he going to distribute the ball to? Our "shooters"?

ducks
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
pop is telling tp to now instead of shooting
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who has the final say on his team's personnel decisions, recently told his players there won't be a trade involving his rotation before the February 22 deadline. With such a glaring need for athleticism in San Antonio's effort to keep up with the Suns and Mavericks in the West, it is difficult to believe the Spurs would bypass an opportunity to upgrade. . . .

Popovich is attempting to reduce PG Tony Parker's shot attempts, a change that does not sit well with Parker. His reluctance to pass to the likes of SF Bruce Bowen (recently missed 15 of 18 3s) or SG Michael Finley (missed 26 of 34) appears justifiable. . . .

E20
02-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Who is he going to distribute the ball to? Our "shooters"?
I guess if he we ever do have to play small ball, it would include lots of fast breaks. Quick thinking PG's with good court perception usually delight in it and can find trailers and people spreading the lanes to rack up some assists, but as Duck mentioned above me in that article from January 28, according to Pop we will not see any trades and this is the final Spurs roster for 06-07.

Kori Ellis
02-06-2007, 11:58 PM
pop is telling tp to now instead of shooting
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who has the final say on his team's personnel decisions, recently told his players there won't be a trade involving his rotation before the February 22 deadline. With such a glaring need for athleticism in San Antonio's effort to keep up with the Suns and Mavericks in the West, it is difficult to believe the Spurs would bypass an opportunity to upgrade. . . .

Popovich is attempting to reduce PG Tony Parker's shot attempts, a change that does not sit well with Parker. His reluctance to pass to the likes of SF Bruce Bowen (recently missed 15 of 18 3s) or SG Michael Finley (missed 26 of 34) appears justifiable. . . .

Exaggerated.

Pop says he doesn't want him to reduce his attempts, just try to get those guys more involved.

Kori Ellis
02-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Brevin Knight would be good here but the Bobcats can probably get something more than the Spurs can/would offer.

ducks
02-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Brevin Knight would be good here but the Bobcats can probably get something more than the Spurs can/would offer.

well the pistons and spurs are the only playoff team that needs a backup point guard
atkins and him are on the block

knight I think would let tp play the 2 some...................

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Atkins. Brevin Knight blows.

ducks
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
beno blows more..............

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
...Brevin Knight blows.

What the hell? He's averaged over 7 assists for the last 3 years.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 12:17 AM
What the hell? He's averaged over 7 assists for the last 3 years.

umm... so in Spurs terminology that would be 2-3.

Guards don't get assists when they give up the ball to Oberto up top and then funneled to Bowen for a crossover dribble.

The Spurs need points from their guard. If Beno could hit a wide open 12 footer, we wouldn't be concerned.

Pop says Beno is the best passer on the team, but we still want him to make fries.

Who needs assists?

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
umm... so in Spurs terminology that would be 2-3.

Guards don't get assists when they give up the ball to Oberto up top and then funneled to Bowen for a crossover dribble.

The Spurs need points from their guard. If Beno could hit a wide open 12 footer, we wouldn't be concerned.

Pop says Beno is the best passer on the team, but we still want him to make fries.

Who needs assists?

Okay Shorty - he averages 12 points per game. That's better than Beno & Company.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay Shorty - he averages 12 points per game. That's better than Beno & Company.

He is also injured.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
He is also injured.

Injured Brevin Knight > Beno

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 12:33 AM

:toast

AFBlue
02-07-2007, 10:13 AM

Agreed. Flip Murray, Dale Davis, and Nazr Mohammad are better players than the ones the Spurs could offer. About the only thing the Spurs could offer would be prospects (Beno, Butler, rights to Mahinmi/Scola) and I don't know if those would be enough for Charlotte to bite.

dbestpro
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
We have nothing to offer anyone.
An expiring contract and or Euro player can always show value of which we have several.

MoSpur
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I would like Knight or Atkins over Beno. I think Beno has had more than enough time to improve. He hasn't and him and the Spurs need to part ways.

E20
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Also, Brevin Knight could probably better iniate the offense unlike Vaughn and IMO is a better overall PG than Beno. He looks bright, so he might be able to pick up the Spurs philosphy on D without any problems.

BgT
02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Knight could be a great addition. But Spurs don't have anything to offer.

Phenomanul
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Isn't Brevin Knight a steals machine as well?

Defensively Knight is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beno

yavozerb
02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
If knight is healthy enough to play in 2nd half of season:
Beno+Williams for Knight +Harrington

mountainballer
02-07-2007, 12:26 PM
according to Pop we will not see any trades and this is the final Spurs roster for 06-07.

yes, Pop is well known to always announce upcomming trades and well known to never ever blow out some smoke screens.:rolleyes

and this is what he exactly said:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA012707.06C.BKNspurs.notebook.21404a0.html
Popovich did leave himself some wiggle room, but not much.

"We might throw a peripheral player for a (draft pick) or trade a peripheral player for a peripheral player, but we're not going to trade our top 10, 11, 12 guys," Popovich said. "Nothing of significance. In other words, the top six, seven, eight, nine players aren't going anywhere. That's what I mean by no trade."

so, if you take him at his word, this would mean: when he talks about the top 12, it still leaves Williams, Butler, White + picks and rights for a possible package.
if I remember right, the most trade proposals on this board were based on packages with the expiring contract of Williams for the numbers and sweeteners like picks and rights (Scola, Mahinmi) for the talent value.

and if you take the next sentence, when Pop is talking about the top 9 players aren't going anywhere, it would mean that also Bonner, Beno and Vaughn could be part of a trade.
does this mean that we won't see any trades? not at all.
we all know, that Spurs can't get premium players with their trade assets. but it is definitly possible to get a good role player from a rebuilding team, if you can offer expiring contracts and some picks (or rights)

and btw:
Dumars traded Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter, a first-round pick and cash to Boston and Bob Sura with Zeljko Rebraca to Atlanta for Mike James from Boston and Rasheed Wallace from Atlanta.

I would think the package of Atkins, Hunter, Sura and Rebraca (+ the pick, which was a late first rounder) wasn't more attractive than what the Spurs could assemble right now and it landed them an all-star in Wallace + a quality player in James. (and resulted in the title in 2004)

or to use the Pop's words: the Pistons traded their no. 7, 8, 9, and 10 player for Wallace + James.

yes, I know that this trade was a genious move you don't see every week and that it also takes a lot of luck to be just in the right place at the right time, but it proves that a smart management can trade some bench warmers for quality players.

BgT
02-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Spurs fans just don't realize that a deal is supposed to work for ALL teams.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 12:30 PM
:lmao

dg7md
02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Spurs will get even older. :lol

timvp
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I'd rather have a scoring point guard like Atkins than a passing point guard like Knight. Knight is like a Jacque Vaughn who has gotten to play a lot of minutes on an expansion team. Even Jason Hart put up good numbers on Charlotte ... and Hart may be the second worst PG in the league.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah, our bench sucks so much at least he does score.