PDA

View Full Version : ------Nightmares on Wax/Wax Tailor-------

TheSanityAnnex
02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
No matter what genre of music you prefer, these two albums just plain kick ass. I can't stop listening to them. I honestly can't label this music, the samples are too broad, and too amazing to even be described. The i-tunes 30 second clips don't do these albums any justice. Trip-hop? Downtempo? Dub? Hip-hop? Lounge? Acid Jazz? Jazz?I seriously don't know what it is.............give it a listen, tell me what you think.

Nightmares on Wax- In Space Out of Sound

Wax Tailor- Tales of Forgotten Memories

leemajors
02-07-2007, 12:48 AM
http://www.hiphopslam.com/articles/int_space_2-eddie_def.html

TheSanityAnnex
02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I've got "Inner Scratch Demons" by Eddie Def. Amazing album to say the least.

leemajors
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM

the hemp lords mixtapes are choice, but hard to find. they weren't ever actually put on cd for sale. but some tape to mp3 rips are floating around out there. if you're interested in hearing them - there are 4, lemme know and i'll get em to you somehow. i'll check out this stuff later.

jinglejangle
02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Those guys have been making great music for years.
In a Space Outta Sound goes across the board.
Word of Science is a personal fave of mine

TheSanityAnnex
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Those guys have been making great music for years.
In a Space Outta Sound goes across the board.
Word of Science is a personal fave of mine

Nightmares on Wax have been making stuff since the early 90's I believe. In a Space Outta Sound is quite different from their previous works. I'm a huge fan of smoker's delight and carboot soul.

leemajors
02-10-2007, 01:13 AM

that album is on ipecac if i remember - mike patton picked stuff of eddie's he liked best, mostly from hemp lords tapes, and compiled them on that album. i just got some nightmares on wax and will put it on my iPod to listen to at work tomorrow between movies

Viva Las Espuelas
02-10-2007, 01:19 AM
No matter what genre of music you prefer, these two albums just plain kick ass. I can't stop listening to them. I honestly can't label this music, the samples are too broad, and too amazing to even be described. The i-tunes 30 second clips don't do these albums any justice. Trip-hop? Downtempo? Dub? Hip-hop? Lounge? Acid Jazz? Jazz?I seriously don't know what it is.............give it a listen, tell me what you think.

Nightmares on Wax- In Space Out of Sound

Wax Tailor- Tales of Forgotten Memoriesi found nightmares on wax on demonoid the other night. i checked it out and i dug it. wasn't this kinda big back in the day. i kinda remember the the album cover and the tune titled "flip ya lid".

leemajors
02-10-2007, 04:07 PM
i also highly recommend anything by phonosycographDISK (dj disk), esp ancient termites - incredible album. dj quest's album questside is also choice. listening to smoker's delight, and i like. thanks.